Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #16
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

I thought I would share this with my DIS friends:
Old 08-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #17
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDisneyFreak View Post
True soooo True !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #18
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:

I love these! They keep showing up on FB.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #19
DannyDisneyFreak

I love the DIS iPhone app! Great for when your board at work (shhhh… don't tell)
I am so wishing I was going to Disney now u don't want to wait 5 more months does anyone else get major Disney withdraw sometimes? All I can think of is Disney the past couple days I keep going over my ADRs, I just made two more yesterday. Let me tell you guys what I have planned so far and maybe a little history about me too:

Well as you know our first 4 nights will be on the cruise which I will get into more details about that later. We will board the Dream on 1/6 and disembark on the 10th. From what I have read we will probably be off the ship by 9:00 or sooner and make it to Disney before lunch time. We will be staying at the Caribbean beach resort, I had originally planned to do the new AoA but I have always wanted to stay at the CBR. The first time I was in Disney when I was 7 years old I remember driving past the resort and seeing pictures and wanted to stay there but as a kid we always stayed off property. I can't blame my dad and don't mind that we did it made it more affordable which allowed me to go 4 times before I was a teenager. Back then we stayed at the Comfort inn Lake Buena Vista for $29 bucks a night! I remember my dad talking I a family in line at MGM studios saying how it cost our family $1000 for our vacation. The dad whose family was staying at the polynesian said "Oh that's not bad for $1000 a day for a family" when my day said no that our entire vacation was $1000 the guy almost died! Granted we survived on McDonalds for the week we still did all 3 Disney parks at the time MK, EPCOT, MGM and typhoon lagoon plus Universal Studios that wasn't too bad. We even did the character breakfast at 'Ohana which at the time was Minnie's Luau or something like that. Going back 5 more times as a kid including when they opened the value All Star resorts we stayed at the Sports and Music. My first trip as an adult was at the Pop and then the Pop again and then at the Coronado Springs and then the past 2 P&P trips at the Pop so I think it's time for me to finally make it to my Dream resort to see if it's really all I've cracked it up to be. Maybe our next P&P we will do the AoA. One day hopefully I will make it to my big dream resort the Poly!!!

Well on our arrival day to WDW I plan to make it our Epcot day since we will only have 3 full days Epcot is the least appealing for the kids. I will get into our more detailed day to day plans later but here are my ADRs so far:
1/10/13 arrival day dinner 4:00pm at Garden Grill with Farmer Mickey and friends. Never done this one it gets mixed reviews but always gotta try it for myself.
1/11/13 will be MGM, I know it's DHS now but old habits die hard. We have a 3:00 ADR to the SciFi which I am going to consider a late-late lunch after a late breakfast and afternoon snack. After Fantasmic I plan on leaving the kids off with my parents who will be joining us and Cathleen and I will go to DTD Raglan Road at 8:45.
1/12/13 no ADRs yet for this day. Planning on AK in then MK in the evening since they are open till 10. I would like to score an ADR at the new Be Our Guest restaurant in Beasts castle which is suppose to open before our trip. Other options are maybe breakfast at Boma or 'Ohana. I wanted dinner at Ohana but they only have have late times available and I want to spend the time in MK rather than there, but now that I think about it maybe dinner at Boma? Mmmmmm my mouth is already watering thinking about the deserts there. Another option is doing the Wishes Desert party this night or tomorrow.
1/13/13 will be our full MK day. ADR made for CRT for 3:50pm, most excited about this one eating in the castle, Hannah hopefully will see her favorite princess Ariel, Cathleen's faveotite is Cindy who will be there for sure, and Noah will probably be happy to get a pirate sword. Maybe we will do breakfast at Ohana this day…
1/14/13 last day haven't booked our flight yet so idk what time we will have to leave but hopefully a later flight and make it to one of the parks in the morning and maybe another breakfast, crystal palace maybe?

So what do you guys think so far??? Suggestions? Comments?
Old 08-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #20
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Sounds good to me !!We loved CRT last year !!! Carol's favorite restaurant is Raglan Road for that Raspberry dessert . They have yaken some of my favs off the menu, but there's still lots to choose from !!!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 08-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #21
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

What the heck year did that guy pay $1000 a day?? When my kids were young (early 80's) I took 2 adults and 3 kids for 6 nights: total cost including food and passes, stayed at CR or Poly: $1200!! It was one of the least expensive vacation options until about 1990. We paid $79 inc tx a night for the Polynesian our first few years... $79 at CR for Garden Wing and $99 for a tower room (did not have to pay extra for the so-called MK view...which we've always considered a glorified parking lot view because truth be told, the MK is beyond the huge CR parking lot).

When CBR opened in '88, Poly was $175 or $195 a night, so it was time for a change. CBR was brand new, $79 a ngt and we absolutely [B]LOVED! It was the next best thing to the Poly...when we walked through the doors to Old Port Royale we could have been on a Caribbean Island. Sand in your toes... Bob Marley music playing throughout the resort...it was magical. A bit of a pain not to have the Lobby handy, but how often does a guest actually need to go to the lobby after check-in? We stayed 5 times in a row... Did you book a std room? Any location requests?

CBR still has one of the prettiest entrances of any Disney resort. It is very close to EPCOT and MGM...and it still feels like a vacation within a vacation. I will never understand why Disney thought Aussie Nemo would be a good theme for the 2006 refurb...they took out all the beautiful Caribbean flowers for sort of kinda Nemo. Strange.

Oh and do be cautious! CBR has one of the highest rates of confirmed bedbug reports. It also has snakes in the bushes so be careful!

Sorry to digress....

Plans look great!

Garden Grill - ask at check in for a lower level seat. You get a better sense of the theme in those big booths...the lighting is softer and you get a better feeling of the rotation. We've three good experiences there.

Dessert Party is fun and watching Wishes without having to hold a spot for an hour is fabulous!

We're also waiting to make an ADR at Be Our Guest - and don't forget that in the daytime it will be CS, so might be worth trying that too!

Love SciFi, especially with kids!

CRT - Have not done this since the change, but Rosie wants to do it for our Grannie trip (we'll be celebrating our 65th's a yr late!).

'Ohana breakfast is one of my all time favorites! Honestly did not expect to like it much, but it's now on my to do list every visit!

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 08-05-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #22
DannyDisneyFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana
What the heck year did that guy pay $1000 a day?? When my kids were young (early 80's) I took 2 adults and 3 kids for 6 nights: total cost including food and passes, stayed at CR or Poly: $1200!! It was one of the least expensive vacation options until about 1990. We paid $79 inc tx a night for the Polynesian our first few years... $79 at CR for Garden Wing and $99 for a tower room (did not have to pay extra for the so-called MK view...which we've always considered a glorified parking lot view because truth be told, the MK is beyond the huge CR parking lot).
I'm sure he was exaggerating a bit but if he was figuring in rooms, tickets, meals, rental car, souvenirs and depending on the size of family I'm sure you could spend a lot if you weren't on a budget.

Quote:
When CBR opened in '88, Poly was $175 or $195 a night, so it was time for a change. CBR was brand new, $79 a ngt and we absolutely LOVED! It was the next best thing to the Poly...when we walked through the doors to Old Port Royale we could have been on a Caribbean Island. Sand in your toes... Bob Marley music playing throughout the resort...it was magical. A bit of a pain not to have the Lobby handy, but how often does a guest actually need to go to the lobby after check-in? We stayed 5 times in a row... Did you book a std room? Any location requests?

CBR still has one of the prettiest entrances of any Disney resort. It is very close to EPCOT and MGM...and it still feels like a vacation within a vacation. I will never understand why Disney thought Aussie Nemo would be a good theme for the 2006 refurb...they took out all the beautiful Caribbean flowers for sort of kinda Nemo. Strange.

Oh and do be cautious! CBR has one of the highest rates of confirmed bedbug reports. It also has snakes in the bushes so be careful!

Sorry to digress....
I didn't book preferred rooms but I think I'm gonna upgrade because I've read some rooms can be quite far away and I know a request is never guaranteed.

I thought about that Nemo is Australian is technically dosent fit the theme.

I will check the bedbug reports before we go! Ewwwww!!! And I HATE snakes!!!

Quote:
Plans look great!

Garden Grill - ask at check in for a lower level seat. You get a better sense of the theme in those big booths...the lighting is softer and you get a better feeling of the rotation. We've three good experiences there.

Dessert Party is fun and watching Wishes without having to hold a spot for an hour is fabulous!

We're also waiting to make an ADR at Be Our Guest - and don't forget that in the daytime it will be CS, so might be worth trying that too!

Love SciFi, especially with kids!

CRT - Have not done this since the change, but Rosie wants to do it for our Grannie trip (we'll be celebrating our 65th's a yr late!).

'Ohana breakfast is one of my all time favorites! Honestly did not expect to like it much, but it's now on my to do list every visit!
Do you know if the lower level of garden grill has tables for 6?
Old 08-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #23
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
I didn't book preferred rooms but I think I'm gonna upgrade because I've read some rooms can be quite far away and I know a request is never guaranteed.

If you do, request a corner room in Martinique! If you decide not to upgrade, I can recommend a bldg number in Martinque that would be fine for non-preferred.

I thought about that Nemo is Australian is technically dosent fit the theme.

I will check the bedbug reports before we go! Ewwwww!!! And I HATE snakes!!!

Forget checking the reports - just check the room VERY carefully!! Since not everyone knows about the bedbug registry, most incidents go unreported.

Did you read the DIS report of the child who was bitten when picking up a toy he dropped? VERY serious - he was in the hospital in Orlando for several days. It is quite a report - she does not blame Disney, just letting other DISers know to be careful. I've never seen a snake in the 30 years of maybe 50 Disney Resort stays of all levels, but have read many sightings by DISers. I always request an upper floor, just to be safe. Also, we've seen rats strolling around at night at the Poly, CBR and POP - I am sure they can be found at any resort...no first floor for us!!

She posted again 2010 by request: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...ght=snake+bite

Orginal Post: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2277822

Do you know if the lower level of garden grill has tables for 6?
Pretty sure those booths do hold 6 - they are large booths. Smaller groups are often put upstairs - we were 3 last time, so no booth for us. We always got a booth when there was 5 of us though.

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 08-05-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #24
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Dan Christine is the Bed Bug Guru!!! She will prolly have me wrapped in Saran wrap on our Granny Trip I have experienced a Bed Bug infestation at work and believe me I check !!More and more hotels seem to have the enclosed mattress covers that Exterminators recommended . Pack somr off and spray suitcases and yourselves before entering the rooms and check mattresses and headboards and you should be fine . As for snakes :sad2 :
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 08-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #25
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Dan Christine is the Bed Bug Guru!!! She will prolly have me wrapped in Saran wrap on our Granny Trip I have experienced a Bed Bug infestation at work and believe me I check !!More and more hotels seem to have the enclosed mattress covers that Exterminators recommended . Pack somr off and spray suitcases and yourselves before entering the rooms and check mattresses and headboards and you should be fine . As for snakes :sad2 :

I can't stand the smell of OFF (& the chemicals used are scary!). It doesn't kill the darn things, but it is supposed to keep them "Off" . Rosie is the expert on the use of OFF!. We now pack clothing in ziploc bags (bedbugs cannot crawl or adhere to plastic...or so I've read from the experts). We also buy the XXX lg plastic ziploc bags to keep our luggage in the room, on a rack (never the floor or bed!! ).

While the mattress covers offer some protection, the things can live in the headboards, any kind of wood etc. I am just so paranoid of bringing them home. It can be a huge pain to rid a home and very costly.

I cannot figure out why Disney hasn't started using the box spring and mattress covers yet! The Residence Inn we stayed at had both and it did make me feel somewhat better. Last WL stay, I swear I couldn't sleep for the first 3 ngts (only there for 4 ngts! lol).... My friend Janet slept like a baby - no worries at all!

Old 08-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #26
marvali
DIS Veteran

Joining in Dan. Looks like another good place to pick on Sam........uh Rosie............uh Ms. Pole Dancing Lap Dancer Extraordinaire!!!!

You have such cute kids! I know you will enjoy a trip to Disney with them and sharing their excitement!!!

Quote:
Would you say I am every but as cute in person too? :D
I don't know about how cute your but is, but I can vouch you are every BIT as cute, especially when you are standing in DHS being threatened by a spoon and wondering what the heck is going on...........

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #27
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Joining in Dan. Looks like another good place to pick on Sam........uh Rosie............uh Ms. Pole Dancing Lap Dancer Extraordinaire!!!!

You have such cute kids! I know you will enjoy a trip to Disney with them and sharing their excitement!!!

I don't know about how cute your but is, but I can vouch you are every BIT as cute, especially when you are standing in DHS being threatened by a spoon and wondering what the heck is going on...........
Now I have both of you over here tooI do not know either how cute Dan/s BUTT is !!!
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 08-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #28
DannyDisneyFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47

Now I have both of you over here tooI do not know either how cute Dan/s BUTT is !!!
Oh that is a BIT of a typo! The U and I letters on my iPhone are close together lol well stay away from my bit with your spoon! You saw what Marv and I got packing in our arsenal so watch out!

Last edited by DannyDisneyFreak; 08-06-2012 at 09:22 AM.
DannyDisneyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #29
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Watch it Buddy!!!!
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 08-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #30
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Made it over here Dan.

Even though it is not free, this trip will be special since the kids will be with you.

Plans look good.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: