Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
TrueEeyore
won't you please .. won't you please .. please won't you be .. my tag friend

Dasani Girl's Pre-Trip Report for April 2013! LINK TO TRIP REPORT ADDED!!!!

Hello friends!! I have been putting off starting my pre-trip report because our plans aren't set in stone. Well, they STILL aren't, but I figured y'all can join in on our decisions

What we DO know so far:

-We are staying for 10 days! Our longest trip ever, aside from our honeymoon (6 days at Disney, 4 day Disney cruise). This will be our longest trip to Disney World. I'm hoping it'll be good because our previous longest trip ever (2008) we stayed for 8 days and that was one of the best trips we've ever had.

-We are only staying in a Disney resort for 7 nights. With my travel agent discount, I only get one week out of the year. So we're staying offsite for 3 nights, then 7 nights onsite.

-We are staying (hopefully!) at Bonnet Creek for the first 3 nights. I'll find out in the middle of February. If it's not booked by then, we'll get to rent for half price. If that falls through, I'm not sure what we'll do! I guess we'll see what happens

-We are getting 10 day park hopper tickets. I was looking at things to do offsite as well. Seaworld or something. I'll keep you updated on that.

-The people going will be me, Heather. My husband, Darren. Our two kids, Brayden (will be 4 at the time of the trip), Brynn (will be 2 at the time of the trip) and my in-laws, Mr. Darren and Mrs. Michele.

-We'll be driving down, like we always do!

-I'm going to take tons of pictures

-It's going to be FUN!

What we don't know:

Where on Disney property we're staying. An Art of Animation suite is in the lead right now but I have some concerns. Like, my in-laws snore badly. Will we be able to hear them through the walls? How comfortable is the Murphy bed and the sofa sleeper? Also, they like to have housekeeping come in every day, where Darren and I leave the Do Not Disturb card in the whole trip.
Those are just some of the questions, but I also really want to stay there because it's new and it looks really fun! So we'll see I guess!
Our other hotel option is Pop Century so we can walk across the bridge to check out AOA. (Little Mermaid rooms aren't an option because I can't get them with my TA discount at the moment. I guess there's no rooms available).

So I think that about covers our basic plans so far. I'll be back soon with pics and more plans!

Also, feel free to give me suggestions on (cheap-ish!) things to do offsite. I was looking at maybe going to the Titanic museum. We went to the one in Tennessee and we really liked it. Does anyone know if it's basically the same stuff or does it have different artifacts and things?

See y'all in a bit!
NEW! "Where's My Water?" April 2013 Trip Report - In progress|Dasani in Disney. Let's do it again! September '11 Trip Report!- Complete!|Dasani Girl is back in the World with a baby!!...and pregnant again! January 2010 Trip Report - Complete!|Taking on the World...Pregnant! January 09 TR - Complete!|Panama City Beach Report! << Now it's a baby report!|Attack of the Dasani and Lots of pictures! January 08Trip Report! -Complete!
I miss you Jasper R.I.P 07/21/01 - 06/13/07

Last edited by TrueEeyore; 05-03-2013 at 04:25 PM.
TrueEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
Christine9125
DIS Veteran

I am in!!!

1999-ASMo, 2002-ASMo, 2004-WL, 2008-POP, 2011-BC CL, 2013-POP, 2015-AOA
Christine9125 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

I am in...
Old 01-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
KristinAnne
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in!

KristinAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #5
TrueEeyore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine9125 View Post
I am in!!!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
I am in...
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinAnne View Post
I'm joining in!
Glad to have you here! Congrats on baby #2 if I haven't told you yet! Your signature is cut off, how many weeks are you??
NEW! "Where's My Water?" April 2013 Trip Report - In progress|Dasani in Disney. Let's do it again! September '11 Trip Report!- Complete!|Dasani Girl is back in the World with a baby!!...and pregnant again! January 2010 Trip Report - Complete!|Taking on the World...Pregnant! January 09 TR - Complete!|Panama City Beach Report! << Now it's a baby report!|Attack of the Dasani and Lots of pictures! January 08Trip Report! -Complete!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #6
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to read more!!!
Leleluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #7
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

I'm here, I'm here and so excited that you've gotten started! I'm so excited for you that not only are y'all going back to Disney, but getting to stay for 10 days is just icing on the cake. I agree about the longer trips being best! I can't wait to find out where y'all are staying. I hope that AoA works out for you. We went over and checked it out back in September when we were there, and it is really cute and fun. I think the kids would love it!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and for Bonnet Creek!
UGAFan0829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:19 AM   #8
TrueEeyore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leleluvsdis View Post
Can't wait to read more!!!
Yay! So glad to have you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
I'm here, I'm here and so excited that you've gotten started! I'm so excited for you that not only are y'all going back to Disney, but getting to stay for 10 days is just icing on the cake. I agree about the longer trips being best! I can't wait to find out where y'all are staying. I hope that AoA works out for you. We went over and checked it out back in September when we were there, and it is really cute and fun. I think the kids would love it!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and for Bonnet Creek!
I know, I'm SO excited!! Thank you, Missy! I think 10 days has the potential for small disasters (meltdowns, exhaustion, etc.) but I'm going to stay POSITIVE! We will be able to take our time and not rush around.
Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed. I have mine crossed too!
I think AOA is winning right now. We were talking last night and well...I'll update soon! It's almost 1:30am and I'm pooped. Be back soon
Old 01-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #9
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueEeyore View Post
Yay! So glad to have you here!

I know, I'm SO excited!! Thank you, Missy! I think 10 days has the potential for small disasters (meltdowns, exhaustion, etc.) but I'm going to stay POSITIVE! We will be able to take our time and not rush around.
Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed. I have mine crossed too!
I think AOA is winning right now. We were talking last night and well...I'll update soon! It's almost 1:30am and I'm pooped. Be back soon

I see what you're saying about the potential for disaster, but maybe having that extra time will help. If y'all or the kids get tired then you'll have time to take a break and rest and re-group without feeling like you can't because of time!

Eeekk...patiently waiting for the next update!!!
UGAFan0829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #10
KristinAnne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueEeyore View Post

Glad to have you here! Congrats on baby #2 if I haven't told you yet! Your signature is cut off, how many weeks are you??
Thanks so much! I'll have to figure out why my siggy is cut off. I'm 13 weeks tomorrow!

KristinAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:25 AM   #11
TrueEeyore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
I see what you're saying about the potential for disaster, but maybe having that extra time will help. If y'all or the kids get tired then you'll have time to take a break and rest and re-group without feeling like you can't because of time!

Eeekk...patiently waiting for the next update!!!
Thanks! Yeah, I'm thinking it'll give us more time to rest and everything. I'm also hoping that Darren and I can have some time to ourselves while his parents take the kids swimming or entertain them in the hotel room. It's been awhile since we've just roamed a park by ourselves and I'm kind of looking forward to it! His dad is very irritable when it comes to whiny kids though, so I don't know. Keep your fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinAnne View Post
Thanks so much! I'll have to figure out why my siggy is cut off. I'm 13 weeks tomorrow!
Awesome, second trimester! I'm so obsessed with pregnancy. I miss it so much! How has it been going for you so far? Do you have a recent ultrasound picture? I'm kind of also obsessed with early gender guesses! (haven't been wrong yet!) I want to be an ultrasound tech eventually so it's all very interesting to me.
My sister just made 12 weeks and she's making me wait until she's 17 weeks before she gets an ultrasound. Party pooper!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #12
TrueEeyore

Has anyone here stayed in Art of Animation?? Come on people, I need tips and advice!!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #13
happybelle
DIS Veteran

Maybe you would get more advice on the resort board about AoA.
happybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #14
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count me in!!
MelMel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #15
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueEeyore
Has anyone here stayed in Art of Animation?? Come on people, I need tips and advice!!
Haven't stayed there but visited on our dec stay at pop. The outside and main hall is AMAZING!!!
Leleluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: