Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #46
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krowe333 View Post
We are going March 17, 2013 for 5 days. Goodness, I hope we all can get free dining for this month!
So are we! Regardless, I'm making my ADRs at 180 days. I guess I'll just have to adjust them if there's no FD.

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #47
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

Just checked AirTran fares for our spring break in March and it is $817 round trip???!!! I have never seen them that high for STL to MCO.
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Disneylvr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #48
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
Just checked AirTran fares for our spring break in March and it is $817 round trip???!!! I have never seen them that high for STL to MCO.
I've checked BMI, both Chicagos, and IND, and they're all ridiculous. $459 was the cheapest, but even that is ridiculous to us. We were hoping for more like $300. I think there's no harm in waiting it out a bit.

-------------
Old 08-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #49
Dizfan4life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly View Post
Thanks for the info. I am hoping it extends to that Thursday as well. I hate waiting.......patience is NOT one of my greatest virtues.

Those Facebook dates are the same I saw too, I think it says to March 19th and then picks up again on April 7th.
Just curious what facebook site you found this on? We're going towards the end of March and I would love to follow something on facebook also! Praying hard for free dining!! Our trip is going to be March 27(ish) through April 5! However, with my luck I'm not holding my breath!
Old 08-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #50
Dizfan4life
DIS Veteran

I see some of you are commenting on the price of flights. My eyeballs popped out of my head when I saw round trip prices out of GRR!!!! Good thing we just bought a van 'cuz that puppy is going to get broken into fast!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #51
Jhuff8181
Mousenut

Both current offers from Disney end on September 29th. Does that mean we may have to wait until the end of September for 2013 discounts?

1996 & 98 Offsite 2000 Offsite and WL 2002 OKW 2003 OKW 2004 OKW2004 BWV 2005 OKW 2006 WL and OKW 2006 WL 2007 OKW 2008 SS and OKW
2012 POR 2013 POR: 2014 POP
Jhuff8181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #52
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily View Post
I also found this link that appears to say that Free Dining for UK is all of March.
https://www.facebook.com/complete.orlando1

If that is correct I sure that applies to those of us that live in the US and they release it soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizfan4life View Post
Just curious what facebook site you found this on? We're going towards the end of March and I would love to follow something on facebook also! Praying hard for free dining!! Our trip is going to be March 27(ish) through April 5! However, with my luck I'm not holding my breath!
Here is the link to UK site for Free Dining. Hope that helps.
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club Aug 17-30 2014
DH Me DS 15 DD 10 : DS 8
DonaldDuckFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #53
nicki.momof3
Addicted to Disney Vacations

With all of this talk about high airfare I am so glad I took the leap and bought tickets on delta the day they went on sale months ago. We got round trip Detroit to MCO for $279 each March 28-April 5th. I know people always say wiat for airfare but I have NEVER seen Easter week go down - only up, up, up.

Now if I could just get a good room / package rate I would be all set. I am really hoping for something - FD would be perfect but not expected that week.

We did go Easter week in 2009 and 2010 and we go 4/3 deal and 20% off room so it does happen.

Fingers are crossed.
nicki.momof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #54
cwt580
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I see some of you are commenting on the price of flights. My eyeballs popped out of my head when I saw round trip prices out of GRR!!!! Good thing we just bought a van 'cuz that puppy is going to get broken into fast!
we are flying out of GR(about an hr or so from us) in May and our seats were about $425rd trip before checked luggage fees each for 4 adults. no seat upgrades .economy class w/ a layover in Ohare goin down and atlanta coming back(United goin down and Delta coming back). If we fly out of southbend almost same schedule It was to $600 each. so much for a small town airport. We wont go to Ohare by car and fly because we had our suburban stolen from there last time we went to WDW...not a joke !!!! nope trip insurance didnt cover that...

These were through priceline in July. was told that prices would be increasing........

we decided not to drive and spend 4 days on the road and losing that time(and energy)......

Last edited by cwt580; 08-27-2012 at 07:39 PM.
cwt580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #55
Dizfan4life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwt580 View Post
we are flying out of GR(about an hr or so from us) in May and our seats were about $425rd trip before checked luggage fees each for 4 adults. no seat upgrades .economy class w/ a layover in Ohare goin down and atlanta coming back(United goin down and Delta coming back). If we fly out of southbend almost same schedule It was to $600 each. so much for a small town airport. We wont go to Ohare by car and fly because we had our suburban stolen from there last time we went to WDW...not a joke !!!! nope trip insurance didnt cover that...

These were through priceline in July. was told that prices would be increasing........

we decided not to drive and spend 4 days on the road and losing that time(and energy)......
Yup, the price of flights did increase to over $500 a ticket now ! I just checked a day or two ago and figured with our family of 4 we can easily drive to Florida .
Old 08-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #56
Dizfan4life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here is the link to UK site for Free Dining. Hope that helps.
Thank you! After "surfing" this post I wondered if that was the FB page that was referenced.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #57
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwt580 View Post

Yikes on your car being stolen. DH has a trip booked out of Ohare in October, and I think I'll just send him on the Amtrak. No way am I driving him up there with two small children in tow.

-------------
Old 08-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #58
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you! After "surfing" this post I wondered if that was the FB page that was referenced.
Your Welcome!

So is anyone tempted to book your reservation without knowing of a discount in order to make dining reservations on day 180? I have read I shouldn't because it reduces the chance of discounts coming out and I've read it doesn't effect it and just make a change to my ressie to apply the discount when it comes out.

My 180 is on September 21st and I am REALLY tempted to book in a few weeks if there is no discount. I want to get a few certain dining reservations with the best available times. If there is no free dining then they'll be the only ones I make. I'm just so torn.
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club Aug 17-30 2014
Old 08-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #59
ekmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Your Welcome!

So is anyone tempted to book your reservation without knowing of a discount in order to make dining reservations on day 180? I have read I shouldn't because it reduces the chance of discounts coming out and I've read it doesn't effect it and just make a change to my ressie to apply the discount when it comes out.

My 180 is on September 21st and I am REALLY tempted to book in a few weeks if there is no discount. I want to get a few certain dining reservations with the best available times. If there is no free dining then they'll be the only ones I make. I'm just so torn.
I have already booked for March, not so much to get ADRs but just to make sure to get the room I want. If there are no discounts we'll still go but we'll probably downgrade resorts. Really hoping for a good discount!
ekmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #60
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekmom View Post
I have already booked for March, not so much to get ADRs but just to make sure to get the room I want. If there are no discounts we'll still go but we'll probably downgrade resorts. Really hoping for a good discount!
I'd really like to book Cinderella's Royal table for breakfast and Hoop Dee Doo Revue. If we don't get free dining we'll do what we've done in the past (last March was our first sit downs meals ever) and that is breakfast and lunch in our resort room with quick service dining for dinner. I can't justify the price of $2500 for dining for 10 days for my family. A bit too steep for me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: