Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #31
lblume91
It's magic wrapped up in pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily View Post
I've never been during the summer so maybe someone else will comment on the crowds then, but the week leading up to Easter is typically when we go and yes it is busy. It is not unbearable for us because we plan out what the "must dos" are and make sure everyone gets those in. Everything else is a plus. I know a lot of suggestions are to stay away from EMH, but for us it works. That is usually when we get our "must dos" accomplished. We also spend most afternoons at the resort swimming, napping or just plain relaxing.

I am really hoping for Free Dining again this year, but the only downside with it for us is that I had to make our park plans around it. That was different for us, but the experiences we had at some of the table service meals was awesome.
Thanks for your input! That makes me feel better. I'd love free dining, too! we lucked out with it on our 2011 trip. I was afraid it would make Memorial Day week super crowded but we really didn't see much difference. Thanks again!
Old 08-21-2012, 06:42 AM   #32
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Speaking of Free Dining, does anybody recall if the UK Free Dining dates around Easter matched the US Free Dining dates this past spring? The UK dates end on March 19th this year, which is the Tuesday before Easter. I was hoping it would reach out to Thursday.......wondering if US dates will be different.
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 07:09 AM   #33
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly View Post
Speaking of Free Dining, does anybody recall if the UK Free Dining dates around Easter matched the US Free Dining dates this past spring? The UK dates end on March 19th this year, which is the Tuesday before Easter. I was hoping it would reach out to Thursday.......wondering if US dates will be different.
I found this thread on the disboards about UK free dining for 2012.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2672168&page=3

I really hope the US dates come out soon and reach until Thursday March 21 since that is when we arrive.
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club Aug 17-30 2014
DH Me DS 15 DD 10 : DS 8
DonaldDuckFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #34
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

I also found this link that appears to say that Free Dining for UK is all of March.
https://www.facebook.com/complete.orlando1

If that is correct I sure that applies to those of us that live in the US and they release it soon
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club Aug 17-30 2014
Old 08-21-2012, 07:15 AM   #35
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I found this thread on the disboards about UK free dining for 2012.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2672168&page=3

I really hope the US dates come out soon and reach until Thursday March 21 since that is when we arrive.
Thanks for the info. I am hoping it extends to that Thursday as well. I hate waiting.......patience is NOT one of my greatest virtues.

Those Facebook dates are the same I saw too, I think it says to March 19th and then picks up again on April 7th.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #36
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I am hoping it extends to that Thursday as well. I hate waiting.......patience is NOT one of my greatest virtues.

Those Facebook dates are the same I saw too, I think it says to March 19th and then picks up again on April 7th.
Oh geez your right. I was looking at them from the way we read dates in the US and read it as Jan 19 and not March 19th . Please oh please Disney give us thost dates too and just extend them to at least Thursday
Old 08-23-2012, 10:38 AM   #37
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

The UK free dining is for all of March 2013? I hope that is true because if they offer it to the US then we are so there and we'll cancel our Sept. 2013 trip. Our spring break starts on March 16th.
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Disneylvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #38
moopdog
Dreaming of Disney....

So...typically (historically) when should we know about free dining for 2013? And maybe I'm missing something here, but it appears that most of March is super busy due to spring break and Easter, so why would they offer FD in March at all? I thought it was reserved for slow-periods. Have they ever offered it in April?

Just curious. I would prefer to go in March if there is free dining but I really don't want to go when it's packed?! We are teetering on the week of April 13because it's far away enough from Easter to longer be busy - I hope. If someone could tell me the magic week in March that is low-crowds, that would be great. Because I'm confused!? Clearly.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #39
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moopdog View Post
So...typically (historically) when should we know about free dining for 2013? And maybe I'm missing something here, but it appears that most of March is super busy due to spring break and Easter, so why would they offer FD in March at all? I thought it was reserved for slow-periods. Have they ever offered it in April?

Just curious. I would prefer to go in March if there is free dining but I really don't want to go when it's packed?! We are teetering on the week of April 13because it's far away enough from Easter to longer be busy - I hope. If someone could tell me the magic week in March that is low-crowds, that would be great. Because I'm confused!? Clearly.
I wish I knew the magic week We typically go in March and last year was the first Free Dining discount offered to us, but we also arrived on the Thursday before the week before Easter. I'm still hoping for some pixie dust to have a March discount. Each time I see a new post I get all excited and have to look right away Hoping for some type of news soon.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #40
monty22183
Mouseketeer

We are also hoping for a Discount. We want to come close to the end of March for my Sons 2nd BDay. We are coming this December so we are also hoping for a bounce back offer too. We will take any discount we can get.

Past Visits:
CBR May 2010, All Star Music December 2010, CSR December 2011, CBR December 2012, POP October 2013

Click here to follow my blog!
monty22183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #41
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Darn it! I just checked Delta and they were over $400.00, I must have missed the good prices. I am willing to pay around $300.00-$320.00. Thanks for sharing when Free Dining started last year, that is what I am hoping for. Maybe I will just book in on Thursday, March 21st, and hope for the best. Is that when you are arriving? Southwest and I am assuming AirTran open at the end of the month, and I would assume Frontier would open around then too, although I am nervous to book with them.
Check out Priceline today. Airtran direct flights for $328 on March 21st. If I would of been patient I could of saved $8 per ticket, had a direct flight, left an hour later and arrived an hour earlier. Oh well I am booked through Delta.

Come on Free Dining for my dates.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #42
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Check out Priceline today. Airtran direct flights for $328 on March 21st. If I would of been patient I could of saved $8 per ticket, had a direct flight, left an hour later and arrived an hour earlier. Oh well I am booked through Delta.

Come on Free Dining for my dates.
Ohhh, thank you! I am so tempted. DH wants to wait unitl SW releases on Monday. He hates paying those baggage fees. But SW doesn't seem to have the greatest schedule flying out of MKE. Airtran has better times and more non-stop flights. I will have to keep at him today. I did notice that Disney is offering that same price of $328.00, however, on the actual Airtran website, prices are $$$$$$$$.

Plus, my mom and DH"s grandma are not in the greatest health, and SW has more flexibility with tickets, in the event we have to reschedule.

Hmmmm.......decisions, decisions.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #43
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ohhh, thank you! I am so tempted. DH wants to wait unitl SW releases on Monday. He hates paying those baggage fees. But SW doesn't seem to have the greatest schedule flying out of MKE. Airtran has better times and more non-stop flights. I will have to keep at him today. I did notice that Disney is offering that same price of $328.00, however, on the actual Airtran website, prices are $$$$$$$$.

Plus, my mom and DH"s grandma are not in the greatest health, and SW has more flexibility with tickets, in the event we have to reschedule.

Hmmmm.......decisions, decisions.
Keep us posted on what you decide. Hearing what is going on with all the other March 2013 planners keeps me from constantly worrying about my vacation. I've become a bit obsessive lately Last year at this time I was worrying about what dining reservation I was going to make
Old 08-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #44
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

I have had my FD the last 2years in a row by now. Gotta make ADRs soon and I hate not having it...grrr!!

LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #45
krowe333
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up We are going in March too!

We are going March 17, 2013 for 5 days. Goodness, I hope we all can get free dining for this month!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: