Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #16
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFreak06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Prince Edward Island, Canada
Posts: 3,322

Quote:
Originally Posted by moopdog View Post
Silly me....I am so out of the Disney loop! I was semi-planning a trip for March thinking there would be NO crowds. Apparently I was wrong and need to re-think the plan.

What makes it crowded in March...is that Spring Break (I was thinking that would be in April). I definitely want to avoid crowds and want to go sometime between Feb and May, so what should I be shooting for?

We've always gone in late Sept/Early October but now that my son is playing football, it's not an option anymore
Spring Break time is really anytime between March and April for most schools. Around here, the universities are off for a week in February for their "Spring Break", but I don't think that week affects Disney much. I think earlier in March is better than later, from what I understand, but I'm limited to the one week I have off (March Break). February is usually a slower time from what I've heard.
__________________

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)

My Trip Reports:
Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #17
JM1226
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 84

March Discounts

Hi everyone, Newbie here....reading this thread about discounts. How do I go about getting one? Thinking of going March 16-23 staying at AOA. Any suggestions?
JM1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #18
KELLMILL
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 120

We were thinking about going in March next year but I looked at all the events and changed my mind. UCA/UDA Int. All Star Event, American Cheer/Dance Event, Track and Field Event and Walt Disney World Invitational. We looked at Jan-March and there was something every weekend (which of course most of the crowds for the weekend events run into the week). I guess we will have to go in April.
KELLMILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #19
JM1226
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLMILL View Post
We were thinking about going in March next year but I looked at all the events and changed my mind. UCA/UDA Int. All Star Event, American Cheer/Dance Event, Track and Field Event and Walt Disney World Invitational. We looked at Jan-March and there was something every weekend (which of course most of the crowds for the weekend events run into the week). I guess we will have to go in April.
Yikes....thats alot of events. Good to know....perhaps we'll be going in April too!
JM1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #20
shopn24seven
DIS Veteran
 
shopn24seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,559

I am the minority---I want % off code. Its just the 2 of us, so FD for 2 is not as much as %off. Looks like 40% is just a memory and 30% is the norm, but I would take it....
We picked 3/9 - 3/15. Its Texas School Spring break.
I've been at Xmas, peak time will be a piece of cake.
__________________


2014 OKW
2014 AoA
2013 BC
2012 POR
2011 CR
2010 AKL
2009 POP
2004 ASMo
1984 Off Site FIRST VISIT
shopn24seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #21
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFreak06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Prince Edward Island, Canada
Posts: 3,322

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopn24seven View Post
I am the minority---I want % off code. Its just the 2 of us, so FD for 2 is not as much as %off. Looks like 40% is just a memory and 30% is the norm, but I would take it....
We picked 3/9 - 3/15. Its Texas School Spring break.
I've been at Xmas, peak time will be a piece of cake.
I'd take the % off too! I'd take anything. I'm limited in the times I can travel, so I would love anything... if I get to go at all!
__________________

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)

My Trip Reports:
Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #22
neenersmom
Disney Lover For Life
 
neenersmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 101

We're in for march also

Hoping to go march 2-9 if we can get free dining that week. I wish they would hurry up cause its close to the 180 day mark for ADRs. We have been before last week of march and it was so crowded with over two hr waits on some rides so we really didn't want to do march but I heard that the very beginning of march is way better crowd wise. Normally we go in September but can't this time because of school sports. Anyone been that first week in march? How were the crowds?
__________________
NeenersMom
ME DH DD DS Neener

neenersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #23
disneytraceyl
Loving All Things Disney
 
disneytraceyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Posts: 470

Hope for a free dining code for March. I think I will need some pixy dust.
__________________
************************
Princess Kayley (11) Princess Kyley (7)

2015 7-Night Western Caribbean Disney Cruise on the reimaged Magic
2013 Stayed with Mom & Dad but still enjoyed Walt Disney World; 2013 Disney Cruise on the Dream/Carribean Beach; 2012 Caribbean Beach; B2B 2011 Disney Cruise on the Dream; 2010 Shades of Green; 2009 Coronado Springs2008 Pop Century Halloween; Caribbean Beach, 7-Night Western Caribbean Disney Cruise and Polynesian; 2007 Shades of Green; 2006 All-Star Movies; 2005 Shades of Green; 2004 Caribbean Beach & Disney Cruise; 2003 Grand Floridian & Disney Cruise; 2003 Shades of Green; 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disney Cruise; 2001 All-Star Music; 2000 All-Star Movies; Disney Cruise; 1999 Dixie Landings; 1998 Wilderness Lodge
disneytraceyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #24
ecms
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London Ontario Canada
Posts: 2

We just decided to go in March (9-15) boys have Canadian March Break. Would love FD. So I am going to throw pixie dust as well.
__________________
MeDHDS(8)DS(6)

WDW POR 2008
ecms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #25
McKelly
DIS Veteran
 
McKelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: WI
Posts: 2,884

Ugh, I wish they would release discounts soon. Airfare should be coming out soon for our time frame - end of March - and our spring break is next to Easter this year, so I am afraid we might miss discounts. But we could fly in a little early, maybe Thursday or so, if it would mean snagging a discount. But I don't want to if I don't have to, but once I buy airfare I am locked in! I have almost resolved myself to not having a discount, but I am not there yet, still hoping...
__________________
McKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #26
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer
 
DonaldDuckFamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 343

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly View Post
Ugh, I wish they would release discounts soon. Airfare should be coming out soon for our time frame - end of March - and our spring break is next to Easter this year, so I am afraid we might miss discounts. But we could fly in a little early, maybe Thursday or so, if it would mean snagging a discount. But I don't want to if I don't have to, but once I buy airfare I am locked in! I have almost resolved myself to not having a discount, but I am not there yet, still hoping...
I just booked our tickets out of Milwaukee last week through Delta. I am so glad I did because prices have gone up over $120 per ticket since. I am having us fly out on a Thursday because last year free dining the week before Easter ended on a Thursday. Crossing my fingers for the same thing this year because we'd get free dining for entire stay.

I really hope Disney releases discounts soon so I can book our trip. Our 180 day reservation window opens Sept 21st and I want to plan when and where we want to eat this year.
__________________
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club Aug 17-30 2014
DH Me DS 15 DD 10 : DS 8
DonaldDuckFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #27
McKelly
DIS Veteran
 
McKelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: WI
Posts: 2,884

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily View Post
I just booked our tickets out of Milwaukee last week through Delta. I am so glad I did because prices have gone up over $120 per ticket since. I am having us fly out on a Thursday because last year free dining the week before Easter ended on a Thursday. Crossing my fingers for the same thing this year because we'd get free dining for entire stay.

I really hope Disney releases discounts soon so I can book our trip. Our 180 day reservation window opens Sept 21st and I want to plan when and where we want to eat this year.
Darn it! I just checked Delta and they were over $400.00, I must have missed the good prices. I am willing to pay around $300.00-$320.00. Thanks for sharing when Free Dining started last year, that is what I am hoping for. Maybe I will just book in on Thursday, March 21st, and hope for the best. Is that when you are arriving? Southwest and I am assuming AirTran open at the end of the month, and I would assume Frontier would open around then too, although I am nervous to book with them.
__________________
McKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #28
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer
 
DonaldDuckFamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 343

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly View Post
Darn it! I just checked Delta and they were over $400.00, I must have missed the good prices. I am willing to pay around $300.00-$320.00. Thanks for sharing when Free Dining started last year, that is what I am hoping for. Maybe I will just book in on Thursday, March 21st, and hope for the best. Is that when you are arriving? Southwest and I am assuming AirTran open at the end of the month, and I would assume Frontier would open around then too, although I am nervous to book with them.
I got our tickets for $336 (total w/taxes) and the other day I saw the same flight for $456. Yep we fly out on Thursday March 21st. Since we come from the Madison area, we'll do the Park and Fly from La Quinta hotel because it cost us $70 there for one night plus parking up to 14 days last year. Much cheaper than just parking at General Mitchell in the ramp and we get our vacation started earlier.

We usually fly Frontier but they only released rates through March 17th and with the way gas prices are going, I didn't want to take the risk waiting for a better fare. The price this year on Delta is the exact same as what I paid for Frontier last year, except with Frontier is was a direct flight and with Delta we'll change planes in Atlanta.

If a discount doesn't come out by Sept. 15th, I'll just book so I can make online dining reservations for a few places we want to eat. If a discount comes out I'll modify and if not, we'll order food again from Garden Grocer for breakfasts and lunches.

Well I'm off to start to begin setting up for our Disney theme night. Tonight is Cars
__________________
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club Aug 17-30 2014
DH Me DS 15 DD 10 : DS 8
DonaldDuckFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #29
lblume91
It's magic wrapped up in pixie dust!
 
lblume91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 960

Our spring break is the week leading up to Easter. We usually go Memorial Day week but can't do it any more with two daughters playing travel softball. I'm just not sure if I'm up to the crowds at Easter. I can't seem to talk myself into it but I can't bring myself to plan a vacation somewhere else either. All the talk here on the Dis about crowds scares me off. I'm just so on the fence & my DH says it's up to me. We've been twice in July, once over July 4th week. Is the week before Easter really that much worse than July 4th week??
__________________
DH Me DD21 DD16 DD11 Ozzie
lblume91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #30
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer
 
DonaldDuckFamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 343

Quote:
Originally Posted by lblume91 View Post
Our spring break is the week leading up to Easter. We usually go Memorial Day week but can't do it any more with two daughters playing travel softball. I'm just not sure if I'm up to the crowds at Easter. I can't seem to talk myself into it but I can't bring myself to plan a vacation somewhere else either. All the talk here on the Dis about crowds scares me off. I'm just so on the fence & my DH says it's up to me. We've been twice in July, once over July 4th week. Is the week before Easter really that much worse than July 4th week??
I've never been during the summer so maybe someone else will comment on the crowds then, but the week leading up to Easter is typically when we go and yes it is busy. It is not unbearable for us because we plan out what the "must dos" are and make sure everyone gets those in. Everything else is a plus. I know a lot of suggestions are to stay away from EMH, but for us it works. That is usually when we get our "must dos" accomplished. We also spend most afternoons at the resort swimming, napping or just plain relaxing.

I am really hoping for Free Dining again this year, but the only downside with it for us is that I had to make our park plans around it. That was different for us, but the experiences we had at some of the table service meals was awesome.
__________________
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club Aug 17-30 2014
DH Me DS 15 DD 10 : DS 8
DonaldDuckFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: