Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #1216
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I was a bit behind but have enjoyed catching up this happy Saturday morning.

By coincidence, I am drinking my morning coffee today from the AK mug. For those wondering it is also in the gift shop at AKL. It's one of my favorites and has a fun little "surprise" in the bottom of the mug when you've finished your drink!

Bella's poses are seriously adorable!!

Thanks for the tip on Pepper Market. I've never thought about that as an option. Worth checking out!! And how nice of that server to make the girls' meals on the house. Love that Disney magic!!

Hope you have a nice weekend visit!!

Old 09-22-2012, 07:48 AM   #1217
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Thanks for the info about the pepper market. We almost stayed there once but for some reason we changed our minds. I have heard mised reviews about the food so I am glad that you enjoyed it.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 08:00 AM   #1218
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Have a great time with all of your girls this weekend! I know you have all missed each other.

I must remember the buffet at Pepper Market in the future. It sounds and looks great!
Old 09-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #1219
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Hi! Yes I got off of fb! I am following along with all of the updates in lurking mode as usual....but I had to laugh and tell you I spent 5 minutes looking for a lop-sided mickey head in the zucchini, when I realized it was the brownie pic below that you were talking about
Old 09-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #1220
thedonduck
DIS Veteran

Location: From the home of the Pack to the house of the mouse!

I had NO idea about the Pepper Market! I'm adding it to our list of places to try!

We went to MNSSHP last night. We definitely got wet from the rain, but it was still an AMAZING time! The first parade was cancelled making the second one PACKED! They also couldn't get the headless horseman out, so that was a little sad! But crowds were pretty low and it wasn't chilly! We ended up with 12 lbs of candy (yup, I weighed it!) and some great pictures!

*Magic - Oct. 2009 (Honeymoon) 7 Night Western Caribbean*Wonder - Oct 2010 4 Night Bahamas *Dream - July 2011 5 Night Double Dip *Fantasy - September 2013 7 Night Eastern Caribbean *Magic - April 2014 4 Night Bahamas *Wonder- Oct 2014 4 Night Double Dip *Fantasy- Oct 2015- 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

WDW- Too many times to count
Resorts: POP, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Kidani Village, Port Orleans-Riverside

A cheesehead who moved to Mouse World... hope we don't melt
Old 09-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #1221
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Pepper Market looks good! We were booked at CSR but then switched to POR. We will definitely have to try it someday. Lots of options!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 09-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #1222
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I'm glad all you girls got to spend the weekend together. Pictures?

It looks like you had a good lunch at the Pepper Market. My brother and his family would love all that Mexican food.

Me DH DD DS
Old 09-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #1223
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear you guys had a good time at Pepper Market!!! It looks like a fun place! How nice of them to not charge for the girls' meals!
Old 09-22-2012, 12:18 PM   #1224
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad to hear you guys had such an awesome experience at Pepper Market. Chances are we will probably eat there next month and I have heard such mixed reviews. Yours is definitely one I would trust! And what an above-and-beyond thing for them to celebrate the girls' first trip to the restaurant with a free meal! That is so awesome!
Old 09-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #1225
amazingact21
Upendi

Wow, I had no idea that the Pepper Market had a buffet. That sounds like a great lunch choice, and how nice of the server to give the kids a free meal! Disney magic at its best...

I had to giggle about the informational plaque in the bathroom, because I would have stopped and read it and most likely left the bathroom, going, "Hey honey, did you know...?"
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 09-22-2012, 02:22 PM   #1226
Tinkergurl20
Mouseketeer

I'm glad to hear about Pepper Market...we are booked at CSR in December and weren't sure about the restaurants on property so this is good to hear!!!

Old 09-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #1227
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonduck View Post
I had NO idea about the Pepper Market! I'm adding it to our list of places to try!

We went to MNSSHP last night. We definitely got wet from the rain, but it was still an AMAZING time! The first parade was cancelled making the second one PACKED! They also couldn't get the headless horseman out, so that was a little sad! But crowds were pretty low and it wasn't chilly! We ended up with 12 lbs of candy (yup, I weighed it!) and some great pictures!

Your pic is so cute!! Great costumes.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-AKV Kidani

Old 09-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #1228
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
It's nice to hear Jill and the girls could come for a visit.

I think Lexi would love to join you at the mall sometime...BAB and the Disney Store are her favorites.

Was there anything fun at the store last night?

I ended up going to Walgreens and I picked up a few things...the Mickey & Minnie scarecrows, skeleton Mickey, Disney Halloween coloring books, light up sticks, wall decorations.
I'll put up picks of my mini haul tonight after work.
I was gonna get some of the stuff for your little girls but I figured Jill may have already done so.

The Tamarins are so much fun to watch! I wish I could hold one.

You should get that AK mug!

Hmmmm, I think we may need to venture over to the Pepper Market for lunch someday.
There looks to be some good offerings besides just Mexican dishes.

I'm happy to have my DISfriends who keep me in the "know" about the little hidden gems! So thank you!
Guess where I went today?

Walgreens.

I only went to develop pictures, though. I saw the Disney stuff, but knowing I will be in WDW soon, I held back on purchases.

You just have to keep Pepper Market a secret among us DIS friends.

We didn't spend much time in Disney Store last night. Jill was fading. We went back again today and traded Bella's Tinkerbell for a 'Reepunzel'. She would have made a perfect Tin, but she's fairly cute in the Punzel dress, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I was a bit behind but have enjoyed catching up this happy Saturday morning.

By coincidence, I am drinking my morning coffee today from the AK mug. For those wondering it is also in the gift shop at AKL. It's one of my favorites and has a fun little "surprise" in the bottom of the mug when you've finished your drink!

Bella's poses are seriously adorable!!

Thanks for the tip on Pepper Market. I've never thought about that as an option. Worth checking out!! And how nice of that server to make the girls' meals on the house. Love that Disney magic!!

Hope you have a nice weekend visit!!
I think you should all show pictures of yourselves enjoying your mugs.

They had to leave to go to a party in AL, but I was so glad to see them. Three weeks is too long between visits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Thanks for the info about the pepper market. We almost stayed there once but for some reason we changed our minds. I have heard mised reviews about the food so I am glad that you enjoyed it.
We're not foodies, but we thought it was good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Have a great time with all of your girls this weekend! I know you have all missed each other.

I must remember the buffet at Pepper Market in the future. It sounds and looks great!
Bella tells me all the time how much she misses me. The feeling is mutual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post
Hi! Yes I got off of fb! I am following along with all of the updates in lurking mode as usual....but I had to laugh and tell you I spent 5 minutes looking for a lop-sided mickey head in the zucchini, when I realized it was the brownie pic below that you were talking about
I think maybe it was Brooklynn who said that looked like a Hidden Mickey when she put her cone down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonduck View Post

That's a LOT of candy!

Will you try and go back to MNSSHP again this year?

The kids look adorable! Hope to see you guys on the 13th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Pepper Market looks good! We were booked at CSR but then switched to POR. We will definitely have to try it someday. Lots of options!
POR has some good pasta stuff at their food court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I'm glad all you girls got to spend the weekend together. Pictures?

It looks like you had a good lunch at the Pepper Market. My brother and his family would love all that Mexican food.
Pictures coming in a little while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Glad to hear you guys had a good time at Pepper Market!!! It looks like a fun place! How nice of them to not charge for the girls' meals!
You are much more of a foodie than we are, so you might not like it as much, but it may be worth a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
I'm so glad to hear you guys had such an awesome experience at Pepper Market. Chances are we will probably eat there next month and I have heard such mixed reviews. Yours is definitely one I would trust! And what an above-and-beyond thing for them to celebrate the girls' first trip to the restaurant with a free meal! That is so awesome!
It was a very nice surprise. I think the girls ate their money's worth in ice cream, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Wow, I had no idea that the Pepper Market had a buffet. That sounds like a great lunch choice, and how nice of the server to give the kids a free meal! Disney magic at its best...

I had to giggle about the informational plaque in the bathroom, because I would have stopped and read it and most likely left the bathroom, going, "Hey honey, did you know...?"
If you really want to learn some interesting things, check out the bathrooms at Conservation Station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkergurl20 View Post
I'm glad to hear about Pepper Market...we are booked at CSR in December and weren't sure about the restaurants on property so this is good to hear!!!
Let us know what you think. And since we don't have a December trip this year, we'll take pictures of anything and everything you want to share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Your pic is so cute!! Great costumes.
They are such a cute family - and so sweet!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #1229
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Alll caught up, I was on page 41!!!! I am so glad Jill is on the mend.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #1230
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Before pictures - a request. The next time you AK mug owners have your mug full of something good, with a nice hot muffin or piece of banana bread to accompany it, please take a picture and share it with us. I am this close (put your thumb and pointer almost together) to giving in and getting one in October.

Now, you watch, after all these years of AK Mickey head mugs, they will be discontinued starting October 4th!

Just a few pictures from the weekend, for those interested:

Jill got to my school right as we were going into a Rescue Rex assembly. After school, we headed to the mall.

My unsuspecting daughter did not know that I had conspired with Dawn and Kellye to have the big gang there. Jill had not yet gotten to see Ty, and none of them had seen Sophie.

I told Trent not to meet us until the cat was out of the bag, because he was our decoy for waiting out by the hippo. Kellye and Heather and Heather's boys were first, and when Jill saw them, she just thought it was coincidence. No one really said anything, and we stood there and talked for about ten minutes. At one point Jill said, "So what have you guys got going on tonight?" to which Heather replied, "Well...we're doing this." Or something to that effect. Jill looked puzzled, and then Heather added, "We are here for you." Jill's face revealed the shock, and we all laughed. The she realized the others were coming, and she was very happy.

Bubby finally showed up.

Jill realizing we're about to have a shindig!

Brandy and Dawn arrive.

We had a lively group, as you might imagine.

We had some good food and conversation, with lots of laughs, as always.

Kellye thought we needed these.

She bought four of them!

Here is the whole crew of kids outside the restaurant. We couldn't stand in front of Mr. Hippo, because we had some babies who needed a flat surface to sit on.

After Rainforest Cafe, we all went to Build-a Bear.

You can imagine the chaos of two little girl parties, our gang, and then some random families.

Everyone left with a new friend.

Later, at my house, all three of my kids were here at once, for a short time.

I love them.

Today, we went to a baby shower for dear friends. Brittany went to school with Jill, her brother and Trent played ball together, and her dad does my taxes. Her mom is one of the most giving people you will ever know.

Their house is on the Cumberland River.

This is normally the man cave, but for today, it got a little touch of fru-fru.

The nursery they fixed off the living room for their first grandchild.

Sophie gave opportunity for the new grandmother to practice her baby-holding skills.

After that, we went to the mall to exchange Bella's Tinkerbell outfit for a Punzel one. Now Sophie is going to be Tinkerbell. Brooklynn is dead set on Merida, even though she will be one of thousands.

Special thanks to reelmom, as Jill used some of those Disney cards she sent to help pay for the dress.

I enjoyed the time with my sweetest girls. The next time I see them will be in less than two weeks, and it will be for us to take off to Disney World! I have much school work to keep me busy between now and then, so I am betting it will fly by!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 09-22-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: