Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 07:02 AM   #1111
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

The new Dumbo area looks really cool. Can't wait to see it.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 09-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #1112
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

stasieki- your friend and family are in my prayers.

Big weekend here in Western CT, Justin is in the marching band and it is the first home football game tonight and the first competition of the season tomorrow night. Go Green Wave

Happy Weekend to all !!
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 07:47 AM   #1113
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Big weekend here in Western CT, Justin is in the marching band and it is the first home football game tonight and the first competition of the season tomorrow night. Go Green Wave

Happy Weekend to all !!
Have fun!!!! My brother did marching band in high school and now is in his last year of college marching band. He wants to be a band director.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-AoA Suite

Old 09-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #1114
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Getting all caught up today!!!

I love the picture of all the girls--too precious.

What a cute picture of Bella on the carousel. She looks sooo happy!!

Can't wait to see all of fantasyland in November. Only Dumbo and the Barnstormer were open when we were there.

Glad Jill is doing better.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #1115
CreightonsMomma
Mouseketeer

The new Dumbo is beautiful during the day but it is absolutely stunning at night!

2011 - March 13th-18th - AKL (Creighton's first trip) Pics ~ June 4th - Day Trip - SWW ~July 9th-11th - Offsite : Oct 12th-15th POP
2012: Feb 28th-Mar 2nd - ASMu
~ May 23rd-25th - SSR
Old 09-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #1116
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

I am not only marveling on the beauty of the new Dumbo section of Fantasyland, but I also marvel out how EMPTY it looks in your pictures!!! Now THAT is some Disney magic at work there!
Old 09-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #1117
Tinkergurl20
Mouseketeer

I am in love with the new area in Fantasyland!! Can't wait to see it in person...Bella's face on the carousel is priceless!!!

Old 09-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #1118
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
stacieki I will pray for your friend and her family.
I hope they have a magical time at WDW and I'm sure every wish you have for them will come true.
Thank you
Old 09-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #1119
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Happy Weekend to all !!
Thank you for the prayers

We have a pretty busy weekend. Indoor pool birthday party tonight that my 6 year old was invited to. Tomorrow we are going to the Warren County fair and to visit my husbands mom's family in McMinnville, TN. Weather is supposed to be nice, so I'm real excited.

Hope everyone else has a nice weekend.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #1120
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
stacieki I will pray for your friend and her family.
I hope they have a magical time at WDW and I'm sure every wish you have for them will come true.

We enjoyed our ride on the new Dumbo and it is so beautiful.
The Circus Train is awesome, cute area for the little ones.
I took a lot of pics here on our last trip.
I was happy to see the Railroad now makes a stop there again.

I added a day onto our trip....we now fly out Wednesday night.

I have a secret...I just won a Monster High doll for Lexi on Ebay. It is a Target exclusive (we don't have Target here yet) so it was impossible for her to find. She has the other two dolls in that set so I'm going to surprize her by adding it to her window display one day while we are there. I hope I can pull it off.

She is going to love it!!!

Not much going on here this weekend. Gotta work.
Awwww, what a good mom you are!

I have school paperwork and papers to grade and record. Besides that and church, I am pretty much staying at home. I am trying to stay out of stores so that I don't spend money between now and the trip.

I have to get my kitchen sink fixed, as the drain pipe busted. I have a friend who is coming to do it when she gets a free minute. I am hoping it doesn't cost much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
The new Dumbo area looks really cool. Can't wait to see it.
It does look cool. We get to see some cool new stuff in the Belle and Beast area soon, too!

Quote:

Happy Weekend to all !!
Lots of football going on all over the place. Trent and some friends have gone to Knoxville to see UT and Florida play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Have fun!!!! My brother did marching band in high school and now is in his last year of college marching band. He wants to be a band director.
Hope he gets his dream job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Getting all caught up today!!!

I love the picture of all the girls--too precious.

What a cute picture of Bella on the carousel. She looks sooo happy!!

Can't wait to see all of fantasyland in November. Only Dumbo and the Barnstormer were open when we were there.

Glad Jill is doing better.
The girls are starting to 'feel' it in the air. Another trip is almost here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreightonsMomma View Post
The new Dumbo is beautiful during the day but it is absolutely stunning at night!
Our 'normal' friends would probably think we're really silly to be so excited over water, lights, and elephants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
I am not only marveling on the beauty of the new Dumbo section of Fantasyland, but I also marvel out how EMPTY it looks in your pictures!!! Now THAT is some Disney magic at work there!

We do get lucky, sometimes, and experience low crowds. The rain was keeping people away from the parks for the first few days we were there this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkergurl20 View Post
I am in love with the new area in Fantasyland!! Can't wait to see it in person...Bella's face on the carousel is priceless!!!
That sweet little look masks the devilish side of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasieki View Post
Thank you for the prayers

We have a pretty busy weekend. Indoor pool birthday party tonight that my 6 year old was invited to. Tomorrow we are going to the Warren County fair and to visit my husbands mom's family in McMinnville, TN. Weather is supposed to be nice, so I'm real excited.

Hope everyone else has a nice weekend.
Brooklynn has a soccer game. John's sister and family are going down to see Sophie. I need to stay home and get the back room cleaned up so there will be room for everyone to sleep when Jill comes Friday. That room is still full of AK party stuff.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #1121
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran

It's funny you said you were trying to stay away from the stores to save your money for Disney...I said the same thing to my DMom this morning.
She laughed and said I couldn't do it...we will see...my secret Ebay purchase today does not count. shhhh!

I read on a post that Walgreens has cute Mickey & Minnie scarecrow decorations.
Have any of you seen them? That may cause me to break my no shopping vow if they are too cute to pass up.

I hope Jill has the energy to entertain her sister in law this weekend.
Maybe they will eat out and she will have one less thing to worry about.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #1122
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's funny you said you were trying to stay away from the stores to save your money for Disney...I said the same thing to my DMom this morning.
She laughed and said I couldn't do it...we will see...my secret Ebay purchase today does not count. shhhh!

Have any of you seen them? That may cause me to break my no shopping vow if they are too cute to pass up.
In the same breath, you say no shopping, but then you talk about checking out Disney decorations...

I will not go to Walgreens, even though I could easily walk to ours. They are known for having cute Disney things, but I'd rather have something from the real Disney World, since I'm so close to being there.

Quote:

I don't know how thrilled she is about the whole thing, but they rarely see John's siblings, so she'll be a gracious hostess and do her best. I think they're going to Brooklynn's soccer game tomorrow, and then they'll probably go eat and then go back to the house to play for a while. I think they are leaving tomorrow evening.
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #1123
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I think Brooklynn and John rode Barnstormer maybe three times. The rest of us found a nice rock wall to sit on and watch fireworks.

After fireworks, we decided to keep going....

and we decided to do it

going around

and around

and around.

Bella and I (we'll call ourselves the Non-Spinners) rode together, and Brooklynn and John (the Super Spinners) rode together.

This is Brooklynn taking a break from the spinning.

In one of the shops (Castle Couture, I think) being pixie dusted.

Goodnight, castle.

And that was the end of that Disney day.

Jill, since you were having company, I loaded the next set I had from this SD card. You can take over when it is time to go to the second card.

Last edited by MeMom; 09-14-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #1124
uncw89
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ahh, yes the Walgreens scarecrow's.... I have a picture of them I will post as soon as I can get it loaded to photobucket....it's not cooperating for me tonight!!! It won't upload????
Old 09-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #1125
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Love the fireworks pictures. We caught them in Fantasyland in 2009. It was different, they seem closer but you didn't get the great effect of them framing the castle. I prefer seeing them from the front, but in a crunch I'll get them anyway I can.

Sometimes a quiet weekend of just staying home is just what you need. We watched Snow White and Huntsman and ate homemade pizza. Tomorrow is my hair day, birthday party for niece and the LSU game. We won't be going but will be watching it from home. Sunday might be a trip to New Orleans to go to the zoo or aquarium. I'm tired just writing all that.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: