Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #361
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Finally caught up...I'm very slowly catching up on my subscriptions. It's amazing what happens when you don't check in for a week!

That's so weird that the topiary was moved to the front of the park, instead of in front of Brown Derby. Not really weird, but different.

I LOVE ToT! Kailyn looks kinda like Brooklynn when we ride. She also looks like that on Dinosaur.

I can't imagine being at this point in Jill's pregnancy in the heat of the summer. We're in the northeast and it gets SUPER hot and humid and miserable, so I can't imagine the heat where you guys are. Hoping the rest of it goes quickly for her!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 08-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #362
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

My thoughts are definitely with Jill during this last portion of her pregnancy. I didn't know she was having issues with swelling. I know that is pretty typical for the last few weeks but compound that with the growing baby, the heat, and then the responsibilities of a family. That girl has to be drained....

I know you wish you were closer to help her more. You are such a good mom and memom and they have to be so excited when you come for your fairly frequent visits.
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #363
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Best wishes to Jill. As miserable as she may be...it will be over soon. Keep the eye on the prize!!
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 08-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #364
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Great pictures - as usual! Love the ToT Mickey ears on the girls.

Nice that you were able to spend the weekend with them in Alabama to help. I'm sure Jill is struggling and wants to get "stuff" done before Sophie makes her appearance. Hopefully all will go smoothly and you will be holding that bundle of joy before you know it!
Old 08-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #365
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Quote:
Guess you'll need to purchase some of those reusable shopping bags, huh?
I have 6 already.

Great update and pics.

Brooklynn on TOT is funny. At least she will go on, Vinny still won't.

School starts early for you.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #366
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Poor Jill, I saw her update on FB and I'm completely sympathetic! I measured 4-5 weeks ahead with Everett towards the end, and I just felt huge and swollen (and this was in the fall!). I had elevated levels of amniotic fluid so that was part of the reason I was so big. I just had to have extra ultrasounds and a few stress tests to check on the baby. They didn't induce me and I ended up being a week late. Everett was a big boy at 9.5 lbs and 22 inches- which was the other reason I was so big- but he was fine.

But I understand how frustrating and scary it is- and I'm sure Jill is tired of people asking her if she is having twins- because I sure got that all the time!
Old 08-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #367
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

So sorry that Jill is is miserable. Hopefully things will be resolved soon and Sophie will be able to make her appearance safely and early.

POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 08-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #368
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

I hope these last few weeks of pregnancy fly by for sweet Jill and she (and yall, too of course!) can finally hold that baby in her arms!

Old 08-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #369
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I'd actually be shocked if DF was willing to ride ToT!!
I'll buy you each a ToT Mickey ears hat if you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
Finally caught up...I'm very slowly catching up on my subscriptions. It's amazing what happens when you don't check in for a week!

That's so weird that the topiary was moved to the front of the park, instead of in front of Brown Derby. Not really weird, but different.

I LOVE ToT! Kailyn looks kinda like Brooklynn when we ride. She also looks like that on Dinosaur.

I can't imagine being at this point in Jill's pregnancy in the heat of the summer. We're in the northeast and it gets SUPER hot and humid and miserable, so I can't imagine the heat where you guys are. Hoping the rest of it goes quickly for her!
I have not spent much time in DIStown over the last couple of weeks either, and I feel out of touch with what is going on with all of my buddies.

It's fun to look at the crazy, funny, and scared faces in all of the pictures on the thrill rides.

I know Jill is ready for it to cool off. She's had an extra hot summer in which to be pregnant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
My thoughts are definitely with Jill during this last portion of her pregnancy. I didn't know she was having issues with swelling. I know that is pretty typical for the last few weeks but compound that with the growing baby, the heat, and then the responsibilities of a family. That girl has to be drained....

I know you wish you were closer to help her more. You are such a good mom and memom and they have to be so excited when you come for your fairly frequent visits.
I'm not much help, but I do what I can. I do wish I was close enough to help with things like picking the girls up and taking them to their activities, which would allow Jill to go on home and start dinner, clean a little, or just have some free time. Brooklynn was saying she didn't want me to go when I left today, and I told her maybe in about five years, I would move close to her. She said that would be fun if she could walk or ride her bike to my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Best wishes to Jill. As miserable as she may be...it will be over soon. Keep the eye on the prize!!
The prize is going to be a good one! Sophie, however, may wish she had never come out when she meets her crazy family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Great pictures - as usual! Love the ToT Mickey ears on the girls.

Nice that you were able to spend the weekend with them in Alabama to help. I'm sure Jill is struggling and wants to get "stuff" done before Sophie makes her appearance. Hopefully all will go smoothly and you will be holding that bundle of joy before you know it!
We're hoping to get Brooklynn's birthday party in, and then any day after that will be fine for a baby to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I have 6 already.

Great update and pics.

Brooklynn on TOT is funny. At least she will go on, Vinny still won't.

School starts early for you.
School started earlier than ever here. I haven't heard a lot of grumbling about, though, so I guess everyone is happy with having the longer breaks.

I always feel like a wimp when I hear about six year old kids riding Everest multiple times. More power to them, though. I'll be happy to just take pictures in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Poor Jill, I saw her update on FB and I'm completely sympathetic! I measured 4-5 weeks ahead with Everett towards the end, and I just felt huge and swollen (and this was in the fall!). I had elevated levels of amniotic fluid so that was part of the reason I was so big. I just had to have extra ultrasounds and a few stress tests to check on the baby. They didn't induce me and I ended up being a week late. Everett was a big boy at 9.5 lbs and 22 inches- which was the other reason I was so big- but he was fine.

But I understand how frustrating and scary it is- and I'm sure Jill is tired of people asking her if she is having twins- because I sure got that all the time!
Jill's doctor is one that would rather induce and have a little bit smaller baby, for the most part. If she can tough it out until after the 18th, so we can do Brooklynn's party, I think her doctor will tell her to just name the date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
So sorry that Jill is is miserable. Hopefully things will be resolved soon and Sophie will be able to make her appearance safely and early.

The sonogram will give a lot more insight into what is going on. She's not scheduled to go until Friday, but they have her on a wait list if someone cancels, so it could possibly be earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
I hope these last few weeks of pregnancy fly by for sweet Jill and she (and yall, too of course!) can finally hold that baby in her arms!
Can't wait to see her! By this time next week, we should have a much better of idea of when the excitement will begin.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #370
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Because of the rain, we spent a lot of time cutting through stores the first few days. This gave Brooklynn plenty of time to seek out new friends.

So many times I have had these in my hands, but I just can't bring myself to pay $25 for five vehicles.

More posing with hats.
Bella was checking out Brooklynn's red pony tail.

Leftover from Star Wars Weekends.

Is it normal for a 30 year old woman to sit in the floor of a store to take a break?

I guess it's okay when it looks like this.

Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #371
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Since it looked as if we were going to have plenty of time inside the room during this trip, I bought a Disney Candyland game.

Documenting our dates.

Bella makes a purchase.

I looked for a DIS kid among these keychains, and Alex was the first one I found.

That's it for tonight. Have a great week, everyone! We will fill you in on what the doctor says at the end of the week. Prayers and good thoughts for Jill and Sophie are appreciated. It's a little antsy for me, because although I know my 'grand girl' is nice and healthy, I want to be sure my 'daughter girl' is staying that way, too.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #372
TCKK
DIS Veteran

Sunday night shopping with you on a rainy evening was fun. Praying for Jill and Sophie.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #373
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

It looks like I am catching up at a good time!

I love that you went to HS instead of turning in. I guess picking the closest park is a good strategy. Or one could play bus roulette. I might just get stuck on a bench as I wouldn't be able to decide on a park!

Your room looks terrific! I'll be on the lookout for anything that can be added.

My SIL went into my FIL's attic looking for the fashion plates toy that was popular when she and I were little (ladies, you have to remember those. You had plastic plates that you "rubbed" to color in). Well, she didn't find them, but she brought legos and some other cool light-bright type toy. I'm thinking I should go up there and find those Old Maid cards that dh said he also had. (didn't we all?)

I hope you do get to move closer to the girls in the next five or so years. Luckily, you still find a way to get a lot of time with them!

Love the shopping pictures; it makes me want to fill the Disney.com shopping cart (and not hit submit) too!

Good luck for your first full week!

Prayers for Jill and Sophie. Can't wait for her to introduce herself!
Old 08-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #374
chloe770
Isn't it just more fun to be surprised?
Without SpongeBob I would never get anything done

Prayers and being sent for your girls. I remember being pregnant with my son in June and July and I was miserable. It was a really hot summer and my poor feet were swollen and HUGE! They reminded me of a elephants feet. I hope Jill can hang in for a few more weeks. Looking forward to seeing the baby pics tho
Old 08-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #375
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Great update and pics.

I love that kid name key chain.

I see nothing wrong with sitting on the floor of a store. They do it all the time at Barnes & Noble.

Will be thinking of you all this week.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: