Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #2176
DisneyBelle99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Merry Christmas, DIS Town!

If you have a quiet moment in your preparations or perhaps after the celebrations are done, thought you might enjoy another trip video from one of my favorite families. I've never met them but their love of Disney makes them honorary DIS Town citizens, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm-rBxjCwKo
Thanks for sharing that! I love those people! So well done I had no idea people put that much time and effort into videos like that, oh oh, now I have another place to feed my Disney addiction.....
Old 12-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #2177
MeMom
DIS Veteran

While we were waiting for a few more DIS friends to arrive, we decided to hit up the Tiki Room.

And then there was Magic Carpet time.

Marc looks thrilled, doesn't he?

I stayed on the ground and just took pictures.

Back on the ground, Miss Anita Wigd and some others stopped for some refreshments at Sunshine Tree Terrace. The kids watched as some people played the Sorceror game.

Do you think it captured their interest?

Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #2178
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom
Brownies! I did not have any brownies this Christmas. I am sure Santa quite enjoyed those!
I'm sure or I'll just ask him right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom
You must have been a pretty good guy this year. When you get some snow days, you will have plenty of movies to watch.
Apparently! Maybe he sympathizes with this being a tough year for me... ?

And yeah, that was the plan especially considering I have watched most of them lol Going to watch a few today though

Old 12-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #2179
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

That was a fun, fun night! It had slipped my mind. I think the kids really had a great time meeting each other and enjoyed playing this trip. I hope we have a chance to make this happen again!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #2180
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Enjoying the pics. Well, we made it out of the 5 inches of snow and are now in rainy new jersey...
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 12-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #2181
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Enjoying the pics. Well, we made it out of the 5 inches of snow and are now in rainy new jersey...
Getting closer to a wild and crazy time!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #2182
PlutosRHM55

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

I love the towels at Disney! It's a shame I have not made the decision to snag one at one time or another. :/ Cannot stand that darn crane! So happy it is mostly gone as most of New Fantasyland is finished. Love the pictures of all the DISkids, they are friends already!

Can't wait to read more!

Old 12-27-2012, 09:48 AM   #2183
PlutosRHM55

Oh! Another update! Must comment on that!

THE TIKI ROOM!! Probably the number one reason I need to get back to Disney since I have yet to experience the original Enchanted Tiki Room. Looks like tons of fun! to the Magic Carpets, I guess you were taking over the attraction then lol The kids are just so precious observing the SotMK, hopefully it is still there when I am back :good vibes

Once again, I'll be eagerly awaiting another update!

Old 12-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #2184
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

How fun to get together with other DIS kids! I know my girls enjoyed meeting Cayley and Avery in October!

Now I'm humming in my head - in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room... Is it stuck in anyone else's head now? You're welcome!

I've got to do some cleaning out this weekend too. I have a big bag of clothes to donate and there's more "stuff" to clean out. I think in spring I'm going to have one huge sale - the kids are outgrowing a lot of toys now. They sit under storage and never get played with. Although after opening gifts (From us and santa) this year, Paige said, "I didn't really get any toys". She had a few junky toys on her list from TV commercials, but she got one or two toy-like things and her big Santa present. I told her to be grateful and get over it! Oy.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #2185
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

We have never eaten at pinocchio, when in that area it's Columbia harbor house- or now be our guest. I think Brooklyn was tired from carousel of progress . Oh, a glimpse of my favorite...astro orbiter.

I will be glad when the seven dwarves ride is done...it's a real pain right smack in the middle...
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 12-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #2186
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Oh how fun seeing all the DIS kids together. It makes me wish I'd have found the DIS back when ours were that little. It will be interesting to see how they do with any meets next NYE since they are going to be in the fun tween/teen ages. Oh Snap! I just realized they will all be teens by then. Aack!

I think I am in the minority, I think I liked it better under new management. Go figure.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #2187
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I love seeing the DIS Town kids get together. So cute!

Since DIS Town is always "in the know" figure this is the best place to ask this... are there any sites that will be streaming New Year's Eve fireworks from WDW? Planning a low key evening and would love to incorporate a dose of Disney magic.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #2188
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep

Since DIS Town is always "in the know" figure this is the best place to ask this... are there any sites that will be streaming New Year's Eve fireworks from WDW? Planning a low key evening and would love to incorporate a dose of Disney magic.
Ooh I am totally copying this idea if anyone knows.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:16 AM   #2189
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBelle99 View Post
Thanks for sharing that! I love those people! So well done I had no idea people put that much time and effort into videos like that, oh oh, now I have another place to feed my Disney addiction.....
Those videos are some of the best, but there are many, many Disney youtube videos that are worth watching. I like to watch the ones that show families being surprised by trips first, then follow a few of those up with some that are done of actual trips. Just search for Disney trips, and you will have as much entertainment as you can handle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
I'm sure or I'll just ask him right now

Apparently! Maybe he sympathizes with this being a tough year for me... ?

And yeah, that was the plan especially considering I have watched most of them lol Going to watch a few today though
I have had the Hallmark Channel playing in the background for a good deal of time during December. I am no one to turn the TV on much at all throughout the year, but during Christmastime, I like to see the holiday movies, or at least the bits and pieces of them that I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
That was a fun, fun night! It had slipped my mind. I think the kids really had a great time meeting each other and enjoyed playing this trip. I hope we have a chance to make this happen again!
It was a fun night. My one regret for the night - not taking my camera nor my phone on Splash Mountain.

Rumor has it there might be some DIS kids at your 'birthday bash' in Nashville.

Quote:
I know you are ready to be safe and warm and dry and finished with these travels!

Quote:
I love the towels at Disney! It's a shame I have not made the decision to snag one at one time or another. :/ Cannot stand that darn crane! So happy it is mostly gone as most of New Fantasyland is finished. Love the pictures of all the DISkids, they are friends already!

Can't wait to read more!
Beach towels make very good souvenirs for yourself and others. We have probably a dozen here at the house.

Quote:
Oh! Another update! Must comment on that!

THE TIKI ROOM!! Probably the number one reason I need to get back to Disney since I have yet to experience the original Enchanted Tiki Room. Looks like tons of fun! to the Magic Carpets, I guess you were taking over the attraction then lol The kids are just so precious observing the SotMK, hopefully it is still there when I am back :good vibes

Once again, I'll be eagerly awaiting another update!
I am not in either camp on the Tiki Room - I like both versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
How fun to get together with other DIS kids! I know my girls enjoyed meeting Cayley and Avery in October!

Now I'm humming in my head - in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room... Is it stuck in anyone else's head now? You're welcome!

I've got to do some cleaning out this weekend too. I have a big bag of clothes to donate and there's more "stuff" to clean out. I think in spring I'm going to have one huge sale - the kids are outgrowing a lot of toys now. They sit under storage and never get played with. Although after opening gifts (From us and santa) this year, Paige said, "I didn't really get any toys". She had a few junky toys on her list from TV commercials, but she got one or two toy-like things and her big Santa present. I told her to be grateful and get over it! Oy.
I love that group picture you guys had. It is certainly a special one!

One of the simple things that Brooklynn got was a weaving loom set. I hope to get a potholder from her fun.

Quote:
We have never eaten at pinocchio, when in that area it's Columbia harbor house- or now be our guest. I think Brooklyn was tired from carousel of progress . Oh, a glimpse of my favorite...astro orbiter.

I will be glad when the seven dwarves ride is done...it's a real pain right smack in the middle...
The menu at Pinocchio's has changed a lot over the past few years. We might check out Be Our Guest for lunch in March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh how fun seeing all the DIS kids together. It makes me wish I'd have found the DIS back when ours were that little. It will be interesting to see how they do with any meets next NYE since they are going to be in the fun tween/teen ages. Oh Snap! I just realized they will all be teens by then. Aack!

I think I am in the minority, I think I liked it better under new management. Go figure.
We are looking forward to the end of 2013! Lots to do between then and now, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post

Dave and Kathy are staying at Bay Lake, I believe, and not Poly. I don't know if they will be streaming, but I will let you know if I find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Ooh I am totally copying this idea if anyone knows.
It's always been fun to watch the streaming from home. Check ustream and search for Disney World. There may be others filming, even if Dave and Kathy aren't.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:00 AM   #2190
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Love the Tommorowland merchandise! That Stitch shirt is too cute!

I know that the Tiki room doesn't always get a lot of love on the boards, but I think it's fun!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: