Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #2116
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Hello MeMom and company! Sorry I haven't commented on this TR in forever. School is totally KILLING me this year. Ugh! I'm so glad that I only have so much of this year left then next year and I'm off to college! WOOT! Anyways, I hope all is well! Loving the latest photos I'm seeing, missed the shopping photographic tours lol I really need to start making notes now, I'm procrastinating too much haha So excited to read about what's next in store for this trip!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #2117
Tink9721
DIS Veteran

Hi! I have a lot of catching up to do but I wanted to pop in and share my exciting news. We booked a very last minute Disney trip today! We leave two weeks from tomorrow Jan 5-11, staying at WL! The reason it's so last minute is because of my mom's work schedule. She was waiting to get the dates for a couple meetings she has to go to. Now I have a lot of planning to do, but I finished the semester on Monday so I have time I'm so excited! The Osborne lights are up through the 6th, so I finally get to see them for the first time

Next: May 2014, Wilderness Lodge!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #2118
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Enjoying your trek around Epcot...we enjoy where's the fire and the boys finally did sum of all thrills this past trip. Justin's goal is always to get it as close to the edge as humanly possible
We were looking at Sum of All Thrills, but the wait was kind of long. I asked Brooklynn if she wanted to wait, and not knowing really what it was, she said no. We'll get to it eventually. At first, I didn't think I could do it because they close you in, but I believe the sides are open, so I think I could do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post
Can you believe I was able to sneak on at work ?????????? Who knew??? Most stuff is blocked!

I have so much catching up to do but in less than an hour I will have 11 days off!!!

Sending thoughts and prayers to Tracy's family...I love what you wrote about heaven. I feel like God gives you snipets of extreme happiness and contentment (such as we feel at Disney) to give you a sneak peak at what it will be like in heaven. I am so happy we will all be together forever!!!

OK off to read about your adventures!!!
I agree. Being at Disney World with my family is my heaven on earth. My human-ness can relate to that, so I just take that and multiply it, imagining what God can do, and that makes it something to look forward to!

Enjoy your time off! I have already made much use of today. I got some cleaning done, and my den is looking very much like it's under the sea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post

I just put this on the board for my students and they were able to answer it within a few minutes I train them correctly, huh???
Yay for fhe fun teacher!!! Don't you wish you could take your students to Epcot as a group? My students would flip out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I would imagine Brooklynn was doing what every kid would love to do. Be the boss at Disney. Go where you want to go and do what you want to do instead of being rushed around. Another lesson in stopping and smelling the roses.

I liked your description of heaven too. I would want a scrapbook room too. I have one now, it use to be Brent's room.

Danielle doesn't get out of school until 2:25. There were suppose to go half days Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and then have Thursday and Friday off. But instead we're making up time missed during Issac. I think they are just going to play around today. The teachers are going to play the kids and volleyball. Danielle and the other cheerleaders will perform at half time their routine from competition earlier this month.
At one point during the October trip, I sent Jill a picture of the back of Brooklynn as she was picking up her about 56th flower petal off the ground. It said, 'Exploring Epcot, one petal at a time.'

Heaven will have a big scrapbooking club!
When I get rid of Drew - if that ever happens - his room is going to be a big storage room. It is very small, but since this is an old house with very little closet space, it will make for a great place to store our party stuff and school stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I know that feeling.... I need to get back to mine too.
Did you get anything done? I got clothes washed, dishes washed, tub scrubbed, and back room straightened up so Jill can have a bed tomorrow night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Absolutely! It will be so hard for any of us to go back without those who have helped make it magical for us but I agree we have to do it. The memories are priceless and I love the thought of people watching from above and enjoying alongside us.

--------

Good choice in EPCOT, Brooklyn! That would have been my choice as well. Looks like you maximized that last day. I love all of that colorful Mexican pottery too. So pretty!
I think things like the pottery and other items in World SHowcase make especially good gifts for those back home who wouldn't so much appreciate a smack you in the face Mickey souvenir.

I picture Joan smiling all the time at her great grandsons and the things they do. I know the great beyond will be happy, so I never can picture anybody missing anyone over there, because that would be sad. Instead, they are just smiling, having their own big party, and waiting for us to join them.

I can't tell you how excited I am that we have our DIS high school and college kids home for the holidays! So glad Timmy and Christine are away from school and are getting some DIS time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Hello MeMom and company! Sorry I haven't commented on this TR in forever. School is totally KILLING me this year. Ugh! I'm so glad that I only have so much of this year left then next year and I'm off to college! WOOT! Anyways, I hope all is well! Loving the latest photos I'm seeing, missed the shopping photographic tours lol I really need to start making notes now, I'm procrastinating too much haha So excited to read about what's next in store for this trip!
And a college boy can make his own Disney trips, too! You might have to split a room four ways with three buddies, but think how much fun you would have!

So glad to have you around for a few weeks before school captures you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink9721 View Post
Hi! I have a lot of catching up to do but I wanted to pop in and share my exciting news. We booked a very last minute Disney trip today! We leave two weeks from tomorrow Jan 5-11, staying at WL! The reason it's so last minute is because of my mom's work schedule. She was waiting to get the dates for a couple meetings she has to go to. Now I have a lot of planning to do, but I finished the semester on Monday so I have time I'm so excited! The Osborne lights are up through the 6th, so I finally get to see them for the first time
We are so happy for you! And only a two week wait - gotta love that!

You will love the Osborne Lights.

I am glad it worked out with your mom's schedule. I know she deserves a break, too. Tell her hello from the WL porch gang!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #2119
PlutosRHM55

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
And a college boy can make his own Disney trips, too! You might have to split a room four ways with three buddies, but think how much fun you would have!

So glad to have you around for a few weeks before school captures you again.
I think I phrased that wrong. I have the rest of this SCHOOL year to finish up then another School year and I'm off to college. Yeah, that's better!

Oh. Well that's depressing!
Old 12-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #2120
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
I can't tell you how excited I am that we have our DIS high school and college kids home for the holidays! So glad Timmy and Christine are away from school and are getting some DIS time.
Awww, thanks MeMom! I'm so excited to be back on here. It's been forever! I just have one crazy year this year. Junior year is so intense for a high schooler and I'm sure next year will be the same since I'm graduating in 2014 EEEEPPPP and if all goes well, I'm going to be on a Disney trip after I've put High School behind me and moved on to bigger better things! WOOHOO!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #2121
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did you get anything done? I got clothes washed, dishes washed, tub scrubbed, and back room straightened up so Jill can have a bed tomorrow night.
I got some vacuuming done and grocery shopping done. So cold and windy out

Bought a small turkey and made it tonight. I will cook a rib roast for Christmas eve but really wanted some turkey sandwiches since I nevere really got that over Thanksgiving.

I will be up early to hopefully beat the crowds to get a Target run in the morning. My plan then is to make the cookies I have not had time to make.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 12-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #2122
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

I'm sure you enjoyed your time so much with just you and Brooklynn, even though you were missing the others. I'm sure she enjoyed it too.

Quote:
I enjoy looking at all of the colorful art work here.

My friend Michele went with her family in October, and her 22-year-old daughter Mia is an art student at Art Institute of Atlanta. She LOVED the art work in Mexico, and b/c she really loves Disney World too, she's seriously thinking about checking into the college program and/or getting a job doing this. She'd be great at it too! She took an art class with us at one of those places where they do big group art projects and she blew all of us away!
Old 12-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #2123
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Been lurking for awhile and have finally gotten all caught up. So much sadness in the world and DIStown lately. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who are hurting or have loved ones that have passed.

I think Brooklynn did a good job picking Epcot! It would be nice to just stroll around and do whatever you felt like doing.

Things have been up and down between Clay and I. Right now we're on a "down". I'm not bothered though as this too shall pass. Hannah is doing well in school this year and seems to be happy. I have some last minute shopping to do today and then I'm going to enjoy my time off. I don't go back to work until December 31st...wish it wasn't until January 2nd but I'll take what I can get! Oh...and I have a ticker!

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
Old 12-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #2124
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think I phrased that wrong. I have the rest of this SCHOOL year to finish up then another School year and I'm off to college. Yeah, that's better!

Oh. Well that's depressing!

Quote:
Awww, thanks MeMom! I'm so excited to be back on here. It's been forever! I just have one crazy year this year. Junior year is so intense for a high schooler and I'm sure next year will be the same since I'm graduating in 2014 EEEEPPPP and if all goes well, I'm going to be on a Disney trip after I've put High School behind me and moved on to bigger better things! WOOHOO!

I think I read it wrong. Either way, before you blink too many times, you will be a graduate and a 'big boy'! You will do great in college and make so many new friends. You may have such a full academic and social schedule that you won't have time for a Disney trip, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I got some vacuuming done and grocery shopping done. So cold and windy out

Bought a small turkey and made it tonight. I will cook a rib roast for Christmas eve but really wanted some turkey sandwiches since I nevere really got that over Thanksgiving.

I will be up early to hopefully beat the crowds to get a Target run in the morning. My plan then is to make the cookies I have not had time to make.
I just have loose ends to tie up around here this morning. For the most part, I am ready to enjoy my family time. We're having a 'bring your own steak' meal tonight. Everybody is responsible for one thing - salad, rolls, cake, etc. - and I am fixing a babked potato bar. The den has been turned into an ocean. I have a few more balloons to put up, and I need to vacuum.

I made my last Target run last night. I am in for the long haul now and happy not to have to get out in the mayhem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
I'm sure you enjoyed your time so much with just you and Brooklynn, even though you were missing the others. I'm sure she enjoyed it too.

My friend Michele went with her family in October, and her 22-year-old daughter Mia is an art student at Art Institute of Atlanta. She LOVED the art work in Mexico, and b/c she really loves Disney World too, she's seriously thinking about checking into the college program and/or getting a job doing this. She'd be great at it too! She took an art class with us at one of those places where they do big group art projects and she blew all of us away!
That would be a great job for her! I wish we had been aware of the CP when Jill was in college.

Brooklynn and I did have a great time together. It was nice just to get to let her lead the way and lead the topics of discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
Been lurking for awhile and have finally gotten all caught up. So much sadness in the world and DIStown lately. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who are hurting or have loved ones that have passed.

I think Brooklynn did a good job picking Epcot! It would be nice to just stroll around and do whatever you felt like doing.

Things have been up and down between Clay and I. Right now we're on a "down". I'm not bothered though as this too shall pass. Hannah is doing well in school this year and seems to be happy. I have some last minute shopping to do today and then I'm going to enjoy my time off. I don't go back to work until December 31st...wish it wasn't until January 2nd but I'll take what I can get! Oh...and I have a ticker!
So glad you are getting some DIS time, old pal! We're missing so many these days, as real life really does take priority. Little ones, jobs, ball games, jobs, travel...and jobs. Also, I think it is easier for a lot of people to keep up with FB, too, rather than here. I hope a lot of people will have a chance to check in during the holiday. I would love to see everyone's kids and how they have grown this year.

Enjoy your time off, and for having a new ticker!
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #2125
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Next, it was time to see what was happening in Norway.

Ever get the feeling you are being watched by someone, or something, creepy?

Movie time.

Brooklynn said this guy was stinky.
You'd think with such a big schnoz of his own, he'd know that and do something about it.

By the way, I did a translation to see what the Norwegian word for nose was. Here are some of the options: sniffe, snoke, and bevege seg forsikig fremover. That last one probably applies to him - big word for a big nose.

Candy bars.

Guess who looked at these with a glimmer in her eyes?

Now we're talkin'! This is my kind of Norway!

Yuuuuummmmmmm!!!

Okay, gotta run. Still have a few things to do before the girls arrive. Have a great day, all!

Old 12-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #2126
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
I think I read it wrong. Either way, before you blink too many times, you will be a graduate and a 'big boy'! You will do great in college and make so many new friends. You may have such a full academic and social schedule that you won't have time for a Disney trip, though!
Oh Disney will be my social time! Haha That will be my default vacation!
Old 12-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #2127
PlutosRHM55

YAY! MAELSTROM TIME! Miss that ride so much. That's awesome you got to see the movie too. Love the picture of Brooklynn next to the stinky troll, she's such a ham. And I agree with her on the adorable little seals, so cute. Kringla Bakery... looking delicious as ever!

Hope you have a great day too, MeMom!

Last edited by PlutosRHM55; 12-22-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #2128
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

I was on break at work when I learned about Tracy. She always commented on my dad's "glasses" pictures and seemed to get a huge kick out of them, so every picture with those crazy things in Disney will be especially for her.

I love the Norway bakery! And Maelstrom...I miss that ride so much.

We go to Disney six weeks from today! I texted Katie at some point and said I wanted to watch Wishes on the first night. Between going back and finally getting to see her and Patrick (it has been over two years), I am pretty much beside myself with excitement...I cannot wait to be down there!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 12-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #2129
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Brooklynn made a good choice in Epcot! I bet she was loving her MeMom time.

Norway, my favorite!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 12-22-2012, 02:01 PM   #2130
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

That is a crazy big word for a big nose! What a wonderful Epcot day so far with Brookynn, how special for both of you. Lovely words about Tracy, she loved Distown and will be greatly missed. We are blessed to have known her. You know, I bet in Tracy's Heaven there are holiday lights brighter than the Osborne ones and she's enjoying them now.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: