Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #2011
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

It's funny how just a picture of the entrance to Pop Century from the bus makes me all And a ride through SSE, and Living with the Land...

Can you tell I'm just a little ready to be back?

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 12-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #2012
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran

Morning friends!

CONGRATULATIONS TO TRENT & BRANDI ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT !!!
I wish them many years of happiness and a beautiful wedding.

Wow...I really missed some great news around here!
When I first saw the chatter I thought that Jill was expecting again.
You must be so happy as a Momma to know your son has such a wonderful girl in his life.
After all...that is what we wish for them. Happiness and health and grandbabies.
I laughed out loud at your comment before when you mentioned Brandi only taking your grandbabies to Universal. So funny, but so true!
I will just burst if my grandbabies don't like Disney.

I had the best time this morning looking fondly at all of your pics.
I so miss my happy place.
I know I am totally in love when I can see pics of "Living with the Land" for the millionth time and it still makes me smile!
I will never ever get tired of your pics.

Brooklynn and Bella are just the sweetest. I love how happy they are at Disney.
It would have been so cute to hear Bella singing on the bench.

My boss asked me yesterday what I wanted for my birthday next week and I said ... be in Disney of course!
That won't happen since we are in full Christmas mode for another 2 weeks or so.
I am happy to say I will be there in 25 sleeps though!!!
That's only 3 weekends away!!!

I'm so so excitted! I have my Disney mail & ME stuff so I am ready to go!
Havn't packed a thing.

I booked a trip for May 2013. I got the all clear at work for that time slot so I went ahead and made our ADR's too.
I was so happy to get another ADR for Be Our Guest.
Can't wait to eat there for the first time in January!
I'm sure it will become a favorite.
With the new changes happening at work next year, I probably won't be going to be able to take a trip in August.
I may be able to squeeze in a long weekend but that will be it.
We decided not to renew the annual passes at this time just in case we can't go as much this coming year.

Hopefully our paths can still cross next Christmas/New Year's Eve.
It would be nice to see all three of those cuttie pie grandbabies of yours.

Take Care! Hope you are enjoying this weekend!

Last edited by CanadianWDWfan; 12-09-2012 at 09:50 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #2013
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

Memom, I am soooo suffering from withdrawal.
I started my DGD on Disney as soon as she was born. We watched Cinderella together when she was two days old, lol, ok I watched while she slept. Now when she hears the music from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse she stops what she is doing and turns toward the TV.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #2014
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I see my name! I do DIS drive bys... rarely logged in though. I need my picture fixes from you!

Yes busy.... and asking for some prayers from DISTOWN for my sister in law. She is almost 25 weeks pregnant with twins and is hospitalized. Not sure if she will get out of out the hospital. They have an almost two year old, so it is hard to be in this unknown and with Christmas and his birthday in the next two weeks it is just sad. The Drs seem positive, but we are all worried sick about what lies ahead for the two babies.
Sending lots of prayers to your family.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #2015
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Distown friends I have a friend that needs your prayers. I posted it on my facebook but not many of you are my "friends" on there. My friend Shannon is going into labor with her little baby boy. She is just 22 weeks and has already had her cervix stiched closed a couple of weeks ago. She said she is already 4-5 cent. This will be the second baby she has lost due to her cervix opening to early. They do already have 3 children. Thank you so much for your prayers.
I'm so sorry & praying for them.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:22 AM   #2016
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
That was a lovely trip through the Land although the water looked a little rough on that trip.
We always enjoy that journey. It never gets old. I think it's great for the girls to see where their food starts, too. Real world connection is a big term in ed-joo-cay-shun these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Must ride Living with the Land during Spring Break. Perhaps it will inspire me to plant a Disneyesque garden. I've always wanted to build the trellises for my tomatoes to grow on...

What I wouldn't give for some doglets and crispy Disney fries right now!!!
I leave with a high hope of a lovely garden, too, but so far I have had a zero success rate on that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I can never see too many pictures from Living with the Land!!! I love that ride!

That waffle and fruit "sandwich?" looks really good!
Not only do we like the ride, but another plus is that it is almost always a walk-on. It is also a great place to go with the little ones when you are doing a Soarin' babyswap.

John got that waffle. I think he liked it quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
It's funny how just a picture of the entrance to Pop Century from the bus makes me all And a ride through SSE, and Living with the Land...

Can you tell I'm just a little ready to be back?
I can completely relate. I see that sign and smile inside.

I am ready, too. I have enough to keep me occupied until New Year's Day, but on January 2nd, I am going to be completely focused on March 20th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
Morning friends!

CONGRATULATIONS TO TRENT & BRANDI ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT !!!
I wish them many years of happiness and a beautiful wedding.

Wow...I really missed some great news around here!
When I first saw the chatter I thought that Jill was expecting again.
You must be so happy as a Momma to know your son has such a wonderful girl in his life.
After all...that is what we wish for them. Happiness and health and grandbabies.
I laughed out loud at your comment before when you mentioned Brandi only taking your grandbabies to Universal. So funny, but so true!
I will just burst if my grandbabies don't like Disney.

I had the best time this morning looking fondly at all of your pics.
I so miss my happy place.
I know I am totally in love when I can see pics of "Living with the Land" for the millionth time and it still makes me smile!
I will never ever get tired of your pics.

Brooklynn and Bella are just the sweetest. I love how happy they are at Disney.
It would have been so cute to hear Bella singing on the bench.

My boss asked me yesterday what I wanted for my birthday next week and I said ... be in Disney of course!
That won't happen since we are in full Christmas mode for another 2 weeks or so.
I am happy to say I will be there in 25 sleeps though!!!
That's only 3 weekends away!!!

I'm so so excitted! I have my Disney mail & ME stuff so I am ready to go!
Havn't packed a thing.

I booked a trip for May 2013. I got the all clear at work for that time slot so I went ahead and made our ADR's too.
I was so happy to get another ADR for Be Our Guest.
Can't wait to eat there for the first time in January!
I'm sure it will become a favorite.
With the new changes happening at work next year, I probably won't be going to be able to take a trip in August.
I may be able to squeeze in a long weekend but that will be it.
We decided not to renew the annual passes at this time just in case we can't go as much this coming year.

Hopefully our paths can still cross next Christmas/New Year's Eve.
It would be nice to see all three of those cuttie pie grandbabies of yours.

Take Care! Hope you are enjoying this weekend!
There will be no more babies from Jill. That cheeky little Sophie and all of her arrival antics determined that. I will allow Trent and Brandi a year of silence, and then I will start 'hinting' - as in I will be giving them packages of diapers for Christmas presents.

I gave Brandi her first Disney gift yesterday. She is a coffee/tea drinker, so I got her a cute Minnie Disney mug from Disney Store. I told her this was my way of easing her into the madness yet to come. She sent me a picture last night of it, saying she was having her first cup of tea in it.

You have less than four weeks!

We plan to be there next Christmas to New Year, so I am sure we will have another amazing Poly beach meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
Memom, I am soooo suffering from withdrawal.
I started my DGD on Disney as soon as she was born. We watched Cinderella together when she was two days old, lol, ok I watched while she slept. Now when she hears the music from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse she stops what she is doing and turns toward the TV.
What a great way to start a life - watching Cinderella with someone who is completely in love with you!

Disney withdrawal can be painful, can't it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Sending lots of prayers to your family.
Quote:
I'm so sorry & praying for them.
It's nice to have DIS friends to help share our burdens.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 12-10-2012 at 04:37 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:03 AM   #2017
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

Good morning Memom. Here's a bouquet of flowers I picked for you. And I promise I didn't pick them from the neighbors yard. Our nearest neighbor is almost a mile away and it is too darn cold out there.
Disney withdrawals are the worst! I know I'm driving my DH crazy, but I can't help it. It is extra bad for him this time of year, he isn't a Disney or Christmas person and I adore both. So he is forced to endure me talking about both incessantly this time of year. He is a very good DH though and even feeds my addictions if it looks like I'm not quite peppy enough.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #2018
mickeyfan71
Mouseketeer

Oh my! The waffle/fruit looked so good. Is it at Caseys or somewhere else?

April 2006-POR : December 2007-POFQ : October 2009-CBR
October 2011-WL
Old 12-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #2019
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
Good morning Memom. Here's a bouquet of flowers I picked for you. And I promise I didn't pick them from the neighbors yard. Our nearest neighbor is almost a mile away and it is too darn cold out there.
Disney withdrawals are the worst! I know I'm driving my DH crazy, but I can't help it. It is extra bad for him this time of year, he isn't a Disney or Christmas person and I adore both. So he is forced to endure me talking about both incessantly this time of year. He is a very good DH though and even feeds my addictions if it looks like I'm not quite peppy enough.
At least he goes along with you having your Disney fun, even if he's not into it. That's nice.

It hasn't been bad here as far as the weather goes. I had a few mornings of scraping ice, but last week and this morning have been fine. I can't complain about December so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfan71 View Post
Oh my! The waffle/fruit looked so good. Is it at Caseys or somewhere else?
Sleepy Hollow - about $6.50.
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #2020
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

The Land is the most relaxing ride. We've used it a few times to calm the nerves after the Soarin' rush.

Prayers going out to the expectant mothers. I hope those new blessing hold off just a bit longer.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 12-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #2021
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Hi all! I think my mom is slowly falling more in love with Disney. She's always had fun there but it's on another level now.

Yesterday she called me, said she watched the Guy Fieri Disneyland Christmas show on Food Network in Friday & said I should watch on Sunday. She was excited & very impressed. So by last night, we had a trip planned over my birthday in February.

Another one for the good guys!!

Old 12-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #2022
DisneyBelle99
DIS Veteran

I saw that Guy Fieri show, too. It was very good. It is funny, I have not been interested in cooking shows lately ***had a lapband**** , but I did enjoy that one. We do want to get out to California one day, have only been to the airport on the way to Hawaii.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #2023
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
The Land is the most relaxing ride. We've used it a few times to calm the nerves after the Soarin' rush.

Prayers going out to the expectant mothers. I hope those new blessing hold off just a bit longer.
It's interesting and educational, as well as peaceful. We keep making plans to do the Behind the Seeds tour, but it keeps getting bumped into a future trip - over and over...

I have not heard from Laura, but I do know that Jessica's friend did have her baby boy far too early, and sadly, he did not survive.

Quote:
Hi all! I think my mom is slowly falling more in love with Disney. She's always had fun there but it's on another level now.

Yesterday she called me, said she watched the Guy Fieri Disneyland Christmas show on Food Network in Friday & said I should watch on Sunday. She was excited & very impressed. So by last night, we had a trip planned over my birthday in February.

Oh, what fun!!! Where are you staying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBelle99 View Post
I saw that Guy Fieri show, too. It was very good. It is funny, I have not been interested in cooking shows lately ***had a lapband**** , but I did enjoy that one. We do want to get out to California one day, have only been to the airport on the way to Hawaii.
John travels to CA with his job occasionally, so I really think Jill is going to get a Disneyland trip within the next five (at most) years.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #2024
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yay! So excited that you are going for your birthday!!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #2025
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Yay! So excited that you are going for your birthday!!!!
Thanks sweetie! I've always wanted to be there on my birthday & it only took 31 years to make it happen.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: