Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #1936
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
I want to jump through to those pictures! I'm even more excited than usual (which I didn't think possible) because I'll finally get to see Katie when I'm down there!

It feels that way!! Haha we have to have 22 "professional development" hours, and yesterday was the BAEYC (Boston Association for the Education of Young Children) babies and toddlers conference, so I went to that to get five hours. I was really disappointed it was on a Saturday, but now I have 17 hours, so I'm almost done!

TSO was awesome! I went with Charles, Kailyn, and my best friend. Charles, unfortunately, was sick (this is a trend when we go see them...) and I had to keep poking him because I could see him drifting off once in a while and the last thing I wanted was to have the woman on the other side of him suddenly have this 6'5" guy asleep on her. Other than that, it was an awesome show!
Aah, yes, good old PD.

I'm sure 'lady on the other side' appreciated you keeping Charles awake.

Maybe she can get you a good deal on a cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
Congratulations! A DIStown wedding. I can't wait to hear all the planning details. I'm sure it won't be long until she is thinking about all things Disney.
Brandi is in full swing. I think Trent is already overwhelmed. I told him just to let her do whatever she wants, and he can show up when and where she tells him to. That way he won't be asking stupid questions or stressing over things he can't do anything about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkergurl20 View Post
Congratulations to Trent & Brandi & of course your whole family!! Loving your Magic Kingdom pictures!
Thanks. I know Magic Kingdom is especially lovely right now with all of the holiday decor. I miss it, too, but plans are already being formulated for next December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Congrats on the engagement!!
Thank, Dad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylove View Post
Yay! Congrats to Trent and Brandi ! Just saw on FB. First thing I though was how you were saying you were not sure if Trent or drew would ever get married and give you more grand kids. So happy for you he has taken the first step. I wish them all happiness!!
It has not happened yet. I won't count my chickens before they are hatched. Trent has dated perfectly nice girls, but he has some quirky ideas about certain things, and if someone thinks differently than he does on those particular things, it's pretty much done. Some I agree on and he should stand firm, but on some, he needs to compromise more. Just my opinion. I am guessing that Brandi is the one he feels good about, and he finally said 'okay' to the idea of marriage. I think they are shooting for May, if all falls correctly into place. I don't have any doubts about her, but it's Trent that can be a bit (a LOT) hard-headed. We'll see...
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 12-03-2012 at 05:36 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #1937
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Congratulations to Trent and Brandi!!!! Best wishes to them both!!

Oooh I would love a Dole Whip right now!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #1938
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

So, yes, Trent may be a little hard headed...
I'd much rather him be cautious and make certain everything is right before taking such a big step.
There must be something very special about Brandi! She is getting a really great guy!
We think Trent is the best ever!
I can't wait to get to know her....
Old 12-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #1939
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Somehow, I have never managed to see Move It Shake It Celebrate It in its entirety. Just bits and pieces.

Cool that you saw friends from home!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 12-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #1940
LookinUp
Mouseketeer

Congratuations To Trent and Brandi!
You are too funny with your advice to him to just let her plan. Probly a wise course for a headstrong fella. What he doesn't know about he won't butt heads with her on, right?
I'll toast them with my first Dole Whip, in just 11 days!

Old 12-03-2012, 05:05 AM   #1941
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
I love that you forget I was huge and not allowed to conquer any mountains!

I'm pretty sure Brooklynn and John went to Space Mountain and I went and grabbed fastpasses for them to use at Big Thunder Mountain.
Sounds like how one of my girls would "remind" me of something. Sorry my "elephant memory" is filled up. lol
Old 12-03-2012, 05:49 AM   #1942
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Congratulations to Trent and Brandi!!!! Best wishes to them both!!

Oooh I would love a Dole Whip right now!!!
Dole Whip for breakfast - sounds good to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
So, yes, Trent may be a little hard headed...
You've met him, have you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I'd much rather him be cautious and make certain everything is right before taking such a big step.
There must be something very special about Brandi! She is getting a really great guy!
We think Trent is the best ever!
I can't wait to get to know her....
I'll give him an A-. He's pretty good...except for an oversized mouth occasionally, and the hard head.

Let's make that a B+, now that I think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Somehow, I have never managed to see Move It Shake It Celebrate It in its entirety. Just bits and pieces.

Cool that you saw friends from home!
The girls love that parade. It's nice when it is not so crowded that the street dancing isn't hazardous. Sometimes, it gets a little too crowded and crazy around the characters.

We had discussed at church crossing paths with these friends while we were there, but throughout the trip, as we were mesaaging each other, we would be at different parks, or one would have just left a resort as the other was arriving, etc. Finally, we managed to be in the same park on the same day without needing to be anywhere special. We have a friend who is down there now working in the College Program, and it's funny on FB to see that we are all often 'liking' her statuses and pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinUp View Post
Congratuations To Trent and Brandi!
You are too funny with your advice to him to just let her plan. Probly a wise course for a headstrong fella. What he doesn't know about he won't butt heads with her on, right?
I'll toast them with my first Dole Whip, in just 11 days!
Yes, it will be best for him to let her do the decision making. They did decide together that they are not doing tuxes, but they are going more casual. Whatever color the girls' dresses are, the guys will wear ties in that color. They are looking at casual venues, which I am super thrilled about, because as pretty as I think elegant things are, they are not my comfort zone as far as being in them. They are going to check into some farm settings this week, so I hope one of those pans out.

You will send us trip pictures, won't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
Sounds like how one of my girls would "remind" me of something. Sorry my "elephant memory" is filled up. lol
I defer to her often. When she reminds me, then I'm all "Oh yeah, I remember."
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #1943
snowbell
DIS Veteran

I am not sure if I posted on facebook when I saw the news... Congratulations! That is awesome news.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #1944
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

I saw the good news on FB and I meant to text you - congrats! Tell Trent I said that, as well. I know you are happy he's happy. Can't wait to hear about upcoming wedding news (and eventually news of my grandbabies!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Proof positive that Disney World is just for kids.

I was just telling a girl that Ray works with this very thing. She was saying how she'd never been, and she's single and didn't want to go by herself, and thought it would look silly to go without kids. I said, "Are you crazy?? You'd have a blast! It's not just for kids. And I'd love to do a solo trip one day! No one to try to please or accommodate - just me in Disney doing whatever my heart desired....."
Old 12-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #1945
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

I'm still way behind, but trying to get caught back up.

Congrats to Trent and Brandi! You're so lucky you have a new family member to introduce Disney to. There's nothing I love more that showing Disney to someone for the first time.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 12-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #1946
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

We love WL and WCC! So, I wish we could've been there for your party!
Old 12-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #1947
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I notice in some of the parade pics the crowds along the sidewalk look pretty light. Was it too hot for people to stand and watch? I know when we went in summer I sure didn't want to stand in the sun and watch it.

By the way, how old are Trent and Brandi? Just curious...
Old 12-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #1948
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

So now Bella wants to see the characters. She has come a long way.

Me DH DD DS
Old 12-04-2012, 04:03 AM   #1949
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbell View Post
I am not sure if I posted on facebook when I saw the news... Congratulations! That is awesome news.
Thanks. Good to see you around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
I saw the good news on FB and I meant to text you - congrats! Tell Trent I said that, as well. I know you are happy he's happy. Can't wait to hear about upcoming wedding news (and eventually news of my grandbabies!)

I was just telling a girl that Ray works with this very thing. She was saying how she'd never been, and she's single and didn't want to go by herself, and thought it would look silly to go without kids. I said, "Are you crazy?? You'd have a blast! It's not just for kids. And I'd love to do a solo trip one day! No one to try to please or accommodate - just me in Disney doing whatever my heart desired....."
They both seem happy, so that's very good. Since they are 'older' they won't have a lot of years of playing around when it comes to baby planning. The ideal is to have a few years to mesh as a couple and then start thinking about children, but when you wait until later to marry, there is a bit more of a time factor. I will, of course, look forward to more sweet little ones to add to our family fun!

I don't think I would want to go solo, but I like solo time for taking pictures within a family or friend trip. I don't have a problem at all going with just adults, though. I like going with our friend, Kay, because we go at a different pace and see different things, and I would love going with just Jill for 2-3 days so that she could do whatever she wanted and really soak up some rest time. Even though I enjoy/would enjoy those times, I am always happier with my little girls around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I'm still way behind, but trying to get caught back up.

Congrats to Trent and Brandi! You're so lucky you have a new family member to introduce Disney to. There's nothing I love more that showing Disney to someone for the first time.
They are thinking about a Disney Cruise, so she'll be the one teaching us when it comes to that! I hope she really falls in love with Disney if they really do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
We love WL and WCC! So, I wish we could've been there for your party!
Our friend who is a CM in WDW now posted resort hopping pictures yesterday, and one was riding the stick horses at Whispering Canyon.

We would love to have you for a Disney party sometime. Let us know your next trip dates, if you plan to drive through Nashville, and we'll do another Hippo Meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I notice in some of the parade pics the crowds along the sidewalk look pretty light. Was it too hot for people to stand and watch? I know when we went in summer I sure didn't want to stand in the sun and watch it.

By the way, how old are Trent and Brandi? Just curious...
It did look light, but those were taken from the travel path of the parade, not the stop path. The people who were really going to stop and join in were up in the hub. From where I was taking pictures, those were just people who were okay with watching it go by, and then they were going to be moving on, like we were.

Trent is 28, and Brandi just celebrated her 30th. She was hoping to get the ring on her birthday, which is why my mean son waited until after midnight to give it to her. He did want to be predictable. Jill and I both told her she needs to get use to it, because life with Trent is certainly unpredictable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
So now Bella wants to see the characters. She has come a long way.
She sure has! She's a champ now at having pictures made. We'll see how Sophie handles them when her turn comes.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #1950
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Congratulations to Trent & Brandi! How exciting for them and for your family!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: