Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #1921
DisneyBelle99
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! We would like to toast the engagement with 2 Citrus Swirls, please! Love the Tiki Room! Deb
Old 12-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #1922
<3myfamily
Mouseketeer

Congrats to Trent and Brandi! I am so glad your family gets to "keep her". And how could she not be a Disney fan??? Isn't everyone?? (haha.. NOT my DH and he is constantly exposed to all things Disney)
and now you may actually get those Disney grandsons.. or more granddaughters but we won't mention that to them just yet!

DL: Too many to count
WDW, Offsite: 1989 & 1993
POP Century: 2006, 2007, 2009,Aug 29-Sept 5 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #1923
slightly_obsessed
Mouseketeer

I haven't been on here for so long, but when I saw the engagement news on Facebook I wanted to pop over here. Congrats to Trent and Brandi! I'm glad you guys get to keep her
Old 12-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #1924
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

I'm soooo off and on with being able to keep up. I had to check Facebook after I peeked in her quick a couple days ago - that is SO exciting and I am so happy for you guys!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 12-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #1925
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Bella the prophet. Congratulations to Trent, Brandi and both of your families. What exciting news. And how extra exciting to introduce her to all things Disney!

Old 12-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #1926
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I've never had a citrus swirl, but I'll take one and a root beer float for Marc. It seems that I can never get past Aloha Isle when it comes to a frozen treat...

I'm so excited for Trent and Brandi! I wish them all the best. Hmmmm, maybe they will want to join us in June.....
Old 12-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #1927
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I don't remember ever seeing these guys!!???! Always something new to see at Disney!

A big CONGRATS to Trent and Brandi! I'm looking forward to seeing her initiation into Disney too. I'm sure she knows she's marrying into a wonderful family, but I bet she doesn't realize the magic quite yet!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 12-01-2012, 11:00 PM   #1928
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
Trent got engaged early this morning. He was being Trent and woke her up at 12:03am.
That is so great! Congratulations to Trent and his fiance and all of you! I haven't seen the ring (as I'm not on facebook!), but I am sure it is beautiful and well-worth getting up in the middle of the night for!

It was fun to ride the Jungle Cruise and Philharmagic with you! I missed them on the last trip and was very sad about it! They are such fun attractions! I missed the "backside" so I shouted it out when I saw your picture!

Hope all of you Dis-friends are having a nice weekend!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:49 AM   #1929
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I will have a Citrus Swirl and my husband will have a rootbeer float, please. Can that be my breakfast today??
A root beer float is good in my book for breakfast, lunch, or dinner - any time. And Citrus Swirl is a given - it has fruit, right, so it's totally legit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
First - Congrats to Trent and Brandi! I hope they have a wonderful life together and she becomes a Disney fan like the rest!

Second - I'd like an iced mocha float (I think that's what it was called) and for my darling DD9, a raspberry lemonade slushie. I'll just say the other DD is off with her dad somewhere else.

What a nice ride over Agrabah!
Bella looks so cute with her glasses on at Philharmagic and the cute hat modeling!

Have a great weekend! I think I need to do some shopping and baking today!
I don't know how Disneyfied we will get her, but if she can tolerate it, I'll be fine with that.

Just as long as she doesn't hate it....

or try to take my grandchildren to Universal.

At least Bella got the glasses upright. They used to go on upside down for both girls!

I did some shopping. I went to the mall and checked out the latest at Gymboree. I ended up with a few cute things for the girls for Christmas. I may take a picture and show you this afternoon. They were all on sale. I only buy things there if they are on sale. They have cute stuff, though, so I really could spend a bundle in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Oh boy, adventureland! I love that back corner, it feels so remote and removed from the crowds. Its almost like you've been transported to a mysterious tropical locale!

Tiki birds and Philharmagic- two of my favorite shows in the MK!

I have to say that the engagement story was very sweet. I love that he had to wake her up to propose, like he couldn't wait a moment longer to ask her! How romantic!

Best of luck with the brain washing- umm- I mean, introducing her to the joys of Disney
It does have a remote feeling. I like that in the midst of millions of people, there are places in WDW parks and resorts where you can still have an alone feeling.

Actually, he was procrastinating by waiting until after midnight. She had told her best friend she was hoping to maybe get a ring for her birthday, and Trent being the mean tease that he is, planned a whole big night with a scavenger hunt and dinner, but in the end, there was NO ring.
He was determined to not do the expected. He is an evil boy! She will need to get used to it.

I'm not expecting her to have Disney music at her wedding, but maybe I can sneak a Hidden Mickey in somewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
Congrats to Trent and Brandi! So cute that Bella asked to keep her!

Fun trip to a whole new world and seeing some singing birds! The kids are looking forward to seeing that! It was closed last trip!

Have a great weekend...headed out the door to hanging of the greens practice. The kids are singing.
I think Tiki Room is cute.
Some say it's lame, and maybe so, but it has a rich Disney history, and who can resist
'Let's all sing like the birdies sing - tweet, tweet, tweet, tweet, tweet!'

You all know zee words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Wow, these pictures are making me want to jump through my screen!

Congratulations to Trent! How exciting!
I feel the same way when I see pictures! I want to jump in and be walking around World Showcase or sitting at the kiddie pool at Pop or riding a boat from Magic Kingdom to Wilderness Lodge... I am so thankful for pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
Now I know where to get salt and pepper shakers for my kitchen!
On one of my solo trips DH expanded our kitchen so we could have an eat-in kitchen and painted it yellow, our cabinets where already white with black fixtures and he trimmed the top in red. lol Now I can have a bit of Mickey every day.

(Now I have to finish catching up.)
Fun! Feel free to share a picture.
We won't make fun of you at all.
Especially this person who has an Old Key West den, Wilderness Lodge kitchen, and Animal Kingdom bathroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBelle99 View Post
Congratulations! We would like to toast the engagement with 2 Citrus Swirls, please! Love the Tiki Room! Deb
I will tell them they have been properly toasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3myfamily View Post
Congrats to Trent and Brandi! I am so glad your family gets to "keep her". And how could she not be a Disney fan??? Isn't everyone?? (haha.. NOT my DH and he is constantly exposed to all things Disney)
and now you may actually get those Disney grandsons.. or more granddaughters but we won't mention that to them just yet!
I sent Jill a text yesterday after I had made purchases at Gymboree and the Aquarium gift shop. I told her I could not afford to have any more grandkids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightly_obsessed View Post
I haven't been on here for so long, but when I saw the engagement news on Facebook I wanted to pop over here. Congrats to Trent and Brandi! I'm glad you guys get to keep her
I guess Bella had the inside scoop before the rest of us ever knew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
I'm soooo off and on with being able to keep up. I had to check Facebook after I peeked in her quick a couple days ago - that is SO exciting and I am so happy for you guys!
Now that you're a teacher, you're all work and no play! Hmmmm...

How was that TSO event? I always think of you when I hear anything about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Bella the prophet. Congratulations to Trent, Brandi and both of your families. What exciting news. And how extra exciting to introduce her to all things Disney!
Well, I can only hope her family is happy with the maniac that they are about to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I've never had a citrus swirl, but I'll take one and a root beer float for Marc. It seems that I can never get past Aloha Isle when it comes to a frozen treat...

I'm so excited for Trent and Brandi! I wish them all the best. Hmmmm, maybe they will want to join us in June.....
I didn't know Marc was a rootbeer float guy. Maybe we can toast with those at Trent's wedding.

June is booked for them. They have Florida plans with Brandon's family and are going to another wedding that requires travel. It would have been fun for them to come, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I don't remember ever seeing these guys!!???! Always something new to see at Disney!

A big CONGRATS to Trent and Brandi! I'm looking forward to seeing her initiation into Disney too. I'm sure she knows she's marrying into a wonderful family, but I bet she doesn't realize the magic quite yet!!
They are where the remote control boats are/were.

We can only hope she will embrace the magic, right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
That is so great! Congratulations to Trent and his fiance and all of you! I haven't seen the ring (as I'm not on facebook!), but I am sure it is beautiful and well-worth getting up in the middle of the night for!

It was fun to ride the Jungle Cruise and Philharmagic with you! I missed them on the last trip and was very sad about it! They are such fun attractions! I missed the "backside" so I shouted it out when I saw your picture!

Hope all of you Dis-friends are having a nice weekend!
I have to say - he did a good job picking a ring. It is most certainly beautiful. I was impressed when I saw it on FB. I haven't seen it in person yet.

Yay for shouting for the backside of water! Only DIS folks can appreciate the fun of that!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 12-02-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:17 AM   #1930
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Up next was a Carrousel ride for Bella.

I am guessing Brooklynn and John went to a big ride.

Main Street mailbox.

Some parade shots taken as I was walking. I didn't stop to frame them well or anything, so it is what it is for this batch.

Proof positive that Disney World is just for kids.

Artist in town.

I'm sure they were singing Happy Birthday or something good, but the one woman looks a little intense.

We had been messaging back and forth with some friends from home were also there, and it finally worked out to hook up with them.

This is a really sweet family. The girls are wonderful young ladies.

The dad getting his own pictures of his girls.

Bella wanted a picture, but Brooklynn wasn't in the mood. She was hot and ready to move on.

Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 12-02-2012 at 06:22 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #1931
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

I want to jump through to those pictures! I'm even more excited than usual (which I didn't think possible) because I'll finally get to see Katie when I'm down there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Now that you're a teacher, you're all work and no play! Hmmmm...

How was that TSO event? I always think of you when I hear anything about them.
It feels that way!! Haha we have to have 22 "professional development" hours, and yesterday was the BAEYC (Boston Association for the Education of Young Children) babies and toddlers conference, so I went to that to get five hours. I was really disappointed it was on a Saturday, but now I have 17 hours, so I'm almost done!

TSO was awesome! I went with Charles, Kailyn, and my best friend. Charles, unfortunately, was sick (this is a trend when we go see them...) and I had to keep poking him because I could see him drifting off once in a while and the last thing I wanted was to have the woman on the other side of him suddenly have this 6'5" guy asleep on her. Other than that, it was an awesome show!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 12-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #1932
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Congratulations! A DIStown wedding. I can't wait to hear all the planning details. I'm sure it won't be long until she is thinking about all things Disney.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #1933
Tinkergurl20
Mouseketeer

Congratulations to Trent & Brandi & of course your whole family!! Loving your Magic Kingdom pictures!

Old 12-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #1934
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Congrats on the engagement!!
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 12-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #1935
daisylove
Met a DISboard Celebrity!

Yay! Congrats to Trent and Brandi ! Just saw on FB. First thing I though was how you were saying you were not sure if Trent or drew would ever get married and give you more grand kids. So happy for you he has taken the first step. I wish them all happiness!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: