Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #1816
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
I am so thankful for my DIS friends! I am so hoping to get to meet you guys in person. And I was thinking yesterday of how you guys are to thank for me meeting and becoming so close with Katie (we finally get to see each other in February!!)

Are you off this week, or are you there a few days? Monday and Tuesday are full days for me, but Wednesday I'm out at 12 or 12:30...my co-teacher usually fights with me over who stays. We know two kids who will be there till 12:30, but the rest will be gone by or before 12. So, chances are, I'll be shoved out the door at exactly noon.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
One of these days, you are going to come through Nashville on your way to WDW, and we will have a Hippo Meet!

We have to work Monday and Tuesday. I am thrilled at the thought of having the rest of the week off, even though I won't be donig anything with the family until Sunday. It will just be nice to get some more chores done around here and have some time to relax, read, DIS, and do anything I want. I am hoping to see Dawn and Seth on Friday. I won't get out Friday to shop or Saturday, either, but Saturday I will cook for Sunday. Sunday is when we will eat, since Jill and crew will be coming back through from Kentucky. Trent and Drew will eat with friends Thursday, so they'll get an official Thanksgiving dinner, and I will enjoy the quiet and watch some Christmas movies, probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink9721 View Post
Hi! I'm still here! I'm still about 30 pages behind but it's taking me forever to catch up so I figured if I waited until I was completely caught up to post you may never hear from me again I finally have some DIS time And I'll have tons of DIS time in a month. I'm done with the semester on December 17

This is that time of year where I start dropping hints about a Disney trip. Of course I'm very subtle about it. "Look Mom, there's a Disney commercial on!" And every time she comes home from work later than usual; "I think you need a vacation." Which is true, she does need a vacation. And I know the perfect place to go I hope we can go in January, but she's not sure about her work schedule. If January doesn't work out hopefully we can go in March or May.

I'm looking forward to meeting my new baby cousin Ethan on Thursday I think he's about 3 months old now. And Kazin and Caleb are three and a half I can't believe they're that old already. I don't see Kazin very often these days, but I'm still babysitting Caleb a couple times a week. I love hanging out with him
I don't think it will take much for your mom to be convinced that Disney is needed and wanted by both of you. If you end up going in March and our dates overlap, we will have to meet up again.

Have a great time with your family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I love all of the little Disney details - not an inch of themeing missed!!

I am definitely thankful for the wonderful Dis community!
We have made many friends here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Could she possibly be any cuter?!

Love all the details you captured at AK, sound like a nice relaxing morning!

This year I've found myself thanking God for the small things - like heat, and a bed. I know too many people without this year, makes me really stop and realize how blessed I am.
She looks deceivingly thick in that picture, because she is not thick at all. She is a Skinny Minnie.

So true. We have so many things for which to be appreciative.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #1817
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I just have to chime in about the DIS and add to the thankfulness. It is a warm and inviting group of Disney crazed folks. Just my kind of people!
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #1818
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Hi, MeMom! I have to agree with you; I am so thankful for the DIS and all our DIS friends as well. I have taken away some lifelong friendships! As you know, I have so much more to be thankful for this year. It is great to be able to share it with our DIS family.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #1819
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
One of these days, you are going to come through Nashville on your way to WDW, and we will have a Hippo Meet!

We have to work Monday and Tuesday. I am thrilled at the thought of having the rest of the week off, even though I won't be donig anything with the family until Sunday. It will just be nice to get some more chores done around here and have some time to relax, read, DIS, and do anything I want. I am hoping to see Dawn and Seth on Friday. I won't get out Friday to shop or Saturday, either, but Saturday I will cook for Sunday. Sunday is when we will eat, since Jill and crew will be coming back through from Kentucky. Trent and Drew will eat with friends Thursday, so they'll get an official Thanksgiving dinner, and I will enjoy the quiet and watch some Christmas movies, probably.
I would love a hippo meet! My dad would probably even bring the glasses. I wouldn't even have to ask him nicely; he'd just bring them and wait for someone to notice!

Glad tomorrow is your last day of work for a few days! I'm seriously counting down to Wednesday. We have eight toddlers in our class, but we know for sure of three who won't be in on Wednesday...one of the three is our "challenging" one so, while I love her, I'm super relieved she won't be in, as is my co-teacher. I really, really love my toddlers, but wow, I'm so ready for the four-day weekend!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 11-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #1820
uncw89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I just have to chime in about the DIS and add to the thankfulness. It is a warm and inviting group of Disney crazed folks. Just my kind of people!
I totally agree!!!!
I'm still here!! Behind as usual!!! I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with my laptop!! I think I'm going to try to set it back to the defaults and see if that solves my problems. I still have a desktop to fall back on if it doesn't work.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #1821
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

I've got exciting news. We have decide to buy season passes this Christmas. So were surprising them for a weekend trip over NYE. We plan on watching the fireworks at the poloy because of how much fun you guys always have there. Plus were staying at Shades Of Green.
ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 17 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17

Old 11-20-2012, 02:25 AM   #1822
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Crazy - yes, I will admit to that one.
Warm? Depends on the time of the year.

Hope you have a good week! Is this your last day of school for the week? This is it for me. I had four kids out yesterday who started their travels early, and I know of another who will for sure be out today. We're just going to do a bunch of 'fun' Thanksgiving worksheets, so that no one misses out on anything new. Should be an easy day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Hi, MeMom! I have to agree with you; I am so thankful for the DIS and all our DIS friends as well. I have taken away some lifelong friendships! As you know, I have so much more to be thankful for this year. It is great to be able to share it with our DIS family.
This will be the year to enjoy old traditions and start new ones of your own.

So glad you have found special friends here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
I would love a hippo meet! My dad would probably even bring the glasses. I wouldn't even have to ask him nicely; he'd just bring them and wait for someone to notice!

Glad tomorrow is your last day of work for a few days! I'm seriously counting down to Wednesday. We have eight toddlers in our class, but we know for sure of three who won't be in on Wednesday...one of the three is our "challenging" one so, while I love her, I'm super relieved she won't be in, as is my co-teacher. I really, really love my toddlers, but wow, I'm so ready for the four-day weekend!
A bunch of little ones will wear a person out! We totally know what you mean! Enjoy your break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncw89 View Post
I totally agree!!!!
I'm still here!! Behind as usual!!! I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with my laptop!! I think I'm going to try to set it back to the defaults and see if that solves my problems. I still have a desktop to fall back on if it doesn't work.
My internet keeps restarting, and it's a pain. It's my computer, though, I know. Hope you get yours running smoothly so that you can come around more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
I've got exciting news. We have decide to buy season passes this Christmas. So were surprising them for a weekend trip over NYE. We plan on watching the fireworks at the poloy because of how much fun you guys always have there. Plus were staying at Shades Of Green.
Very cool! What a great surprise, and thanks for sharing the good news! Those fireworks are awesome. You will have to share a picture or two with us when you can. It's so neat to see the whole scope of the fireworks all the way across. Only then do you realize how massive the show is.
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 11-20-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #1823
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

It was a little chilly on Everest this am
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 11-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #1824
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
One of Jill's good friends is down there this week, and she posted a FB picture with her kids in jeans and jackets, so we were thinking it must be a little chilly. Not good for kids who want to swim, but good for adding to the holiday atmosphere.

Is it okay if I say 'I hate you' in a friendly way, since you are in my park?

Old 11-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #1825
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom

One of Jill's good friends is down there this week, and she posted a FB picture with her kids in jeans and jackets, so we were thinking it must be a little chilly. Not good for kids who want to swim, but good for adding to the holiday atmosphere.

Is it okay if I say 'I hate you' in a friendly way, since you are in my park?
Absolutely ok. Yesterday was a little chilly, the sun never broke through. We were in future world in the am and studios at night- changed to jeans. I have done ankle capris both mornings. I am at the pool now and there are plenty swimming, but not every seat taken.

Managed Everest 2x this am, with the safari in between. The guys went on again after flights of wonder...I had an iced tea and glazed donut to settle my stomach.., I really shouldn't do that ride more than once
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 11-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #1826
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

I don't get around to posting very often but wanted to stop by and say how much my family really enjoys your trip reports. Thank you so much! We are finally caught up. I am so thankful for the DIS as well. I could not have planned this upcoming trip very well without it!

Quote:
Thank you for sharing this! We are headed to the parks on Monday and I was wondering what the weather was like. I've been leaning towards jeans with short sleeved tops for our fam. Despite the cool mornings, I have a feeling that my kiddos will still be in the pool (notice I didn't say that I would be )!
Old 11-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #1827
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
We will be there too on NYE! Elena as well, I'm not sure who else though. We are having dinner at Ohana, at 9:00 then down to the beach!
Old 11-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #1828
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Yes, this is my last day until next Monday!
I had two gone today, one was sick and the other out of town.
I'm looking forward to some time to just relax and get ready for the Christmas rush!
Old 11-21-2012, 01:08 AM   #1829
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Absolutely ok. Yesterday was a little chilly, the sun never broke through. We were in future world in the am and studios at night- changed to jeans. I have done ankle capris both mornings. I am at the pool now and there are plenty swimming, but not every seat taken.

Managed Everest 2x this am, with the safari in between. The guys went on again after flights of wonder...I had an iced tea and glazed donut to settle my stomach.., I really shouldn't do that ride more than once
Once in a lifetime was enough for me on Everest!

We have been in Disney World when it has been too hot to wear any clothes - although, don't panic, we still did - and we have been there when the snow on Main Street could very well have been real. It's interesting to see lifeguards fully covered in their red jumpsuits watching people swim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillydilly View Post
I don't get around to posting very often but wanted to stop by and say how much my family really enjoys your trip reports. Thank you so much! We are finally caught up. I am so thankful for the DIS as well. I could not have planned this upcoming trip very well without it!

Thank you for sharing this! We are headed to the parks on Monday and I was wondering what the weather was like. I've been leaning towards jeans with short sleeved tops for our fam. Despite the cool mornings, I have a feeling that my kiddos will still be in the pool (notice I didn't say that I would be )!
We are glad you enjoy the reports. We enjoy sharing them and making new friends through the DIS. It is certainly a helpful tool in planning a trip. When we are there during 'iffy' times, we start out with light jackets in the mornings, shed them in the middle of the day, and then pull them out again in the evening, and that does the job. Hope you have a great time!!!

Quote:
We will be there too on NYE! Elena as well, I'm not sure who else though. We are having dinner at Ohana, at 9:00 then down to the beach!
I think you should take a 'flatty family' with you...

Quote:
Yes, this is my last day until next Monday!
I had two gone today, one was sick and the other out of town.
I'm looking forward to some time to just relax and get ready for the Christmas rush!
I had five out yesterday. I know two were traveling and one had a doctor appointment. One other had a cold on Monday, so that family probably just slept in, figuring we wouldn't be doing anything huge - and he is an A student. Not sure about the last one. I hope all of my kids stay well and have good family times throughout the break.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:09 AM   #1830
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Still in this park.

Where are we now?

Random Dinosaur picture, since we weren't riding at the moment.

Someone wanted one of these.

Here's the someone.

A friend who was checking to see if had scraps.

That carnival area that a lot of people don't like.

Leaving the dinos, we went in search of things furry and striped.

Tigers look more silly and playful than fierce when they are sprawled out like this.

I think these are really beautiful creatures.

Time to meet up with the rest of our party.

I think we hung out there while John and Brooklynn used those Everest Fastpasses.

Some more 'hanger outers' - but they provide entertainment for others with their hanging out.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: