Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #1771
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Poor Bruce - he gets no love from Seth???

Glad you got some time to visit DIStown. Are you going to be here (Nashtown, not DIStown) next week?
Nope, Seth has a kiniption (sp?) fit when Bruce comes on. Like real, scared-out-of-my-mind tears. So we haven't watched Nemo much lately. We watched Brave for the first time tonight and I was worried the bears would scare him. He kinda blinked a lot during one of the scenes but never cried or anything. Go figure.

We are - we'll arrive late Thursday night and leave Sunday morning. What's your schedule like?

Quote:
This was the year Ray was born. I should have known it would have something to do with a computer!
Old 11-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #1772
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Loved the pictures! We are staying at a moderate this time and I'm afraid I am going to miss the POP/All Star's big, colorful, fun vibe. We leave in less than a month! I can't wait to do some Disney shopping.

Me DH DD DS
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 02:15 AM   #1773
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I enjoyed the pics of Fantasmic.

Thanks for the tour around POP. It is a fun resort.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #1774
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Awesome pictures MeMom! I think I want to go back to Pop next time. I haven't even logged onto the Dis for awhile. Have the Disney blues. Going back to read now and get all caught up!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 11-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #1775
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

I caught up right after I texted you a few days ago (or was it last week...?), and then promptly got sidetracked. I am now officially caught up! And finally made a ticker for the trip. My director told me today that she approved the time off, but the paper was somewhere in my assistant director's desk. I already decided that once I get my copy of that time off approval, it's going on my fridge!

You aren't alone with not liking the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz...my dad HATES them. I think they were part of the very first bad dream he remembers? Whatever it is, he just really doesn't like them.

I love the Pop pictures, as always. The AoA ones are getting me excited, too!

Oh, guess where I'm going tomorrow? Earl of Sandwich!!! One opened up in the Boston Commons, so once I get out of work, Charles and I are going there. It's going to be a new experience because it's a freestanding one, so we'll have to eat outside. It's also not really in a location you can just drive to, so we have to take the subway, but I am SO excited to have my fix and to introduce Charles to our good friend Earl

I really will be better about keeping up. I feel like everything is going by wayyyy too fast!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 11-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #1776
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinUp View Post
Yea for Pop pics! Makes me kinda homesick - but we'll be back "home" soon! (Valgoof, we should try for a meet. )

Glad your observation went well, MeMom. We all knew it would, but I'm sure it's a relief to have that done.

Back-tracking: A little while back, someone posted about not taking a toddler to the movies yet. If there's a participating theater nearby, she could try one of their lights-up and sound-down showings. Ours offer something family-friendly about once a month. Great for wee ones and anyone with heightened sensitivities.
It's a big relief to have the major part over by holiday time. Now I can relax and enjoy and not have that burden hanging over me through Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I think a 'training' theater is a great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Nice Pop pictures! I like that paint spatter bag!

Glad your observation is done and I'm sure it was all good!!

Valgoof - sorry about losing your job! I'm glad you have a Disney trip to look forward to!
Disney certainly has plenty of bags of all shapes, sizes, and prices from which to choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
They had these at the Character Outlet store, 5 for $10!! Guess which one I stocked up on
I have a sneaking suspicion...
And what a bargain for those who are into those!

Coincidentally, today was college shirt day. I don't have a college shirt, but in March, I may get a Gators one just to wear for this day next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post

Disboards needs a "like" button
So are you saying DIStown should really be called Interventiontown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
Nope, Seth has a kiniption (sp?) fit when Bruce comes on. Like real, scared-out-of-my-mind tears. So we haven't watched Nemo much lately. We watched Brave for the first time tonight and I was worried the bears would scare him. He kinda blinked a lot during one of the scenes but never cried or anything. Go figure.

We are - we'll arrive late Thursday night and leave Sunday morning. What's your schedule like?

This was the year Ray was born. I should have known it would have something to do with a computer!
I will probably buy Brave this weekend.

Jill and her bunch will be coming from Kentucky on Sunday afternoon, so you'll probably already be headed home. I should be flexible. I am cooking Sunday so that all the 'kids' can be off with their people doing dinners and such on Thursday. Just give me some warning when you are going to be going past my exit and we can hook up. Or if you are meeting Erica at Rivergate or Opry Mills for lunch sometime, I can meet you guys there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Loved the pictures! We are staying at a moderate this time and I'm afraid I am going to miss the POP/All Star's big, colorful, fun vibe. We leave in less than a month! I can't wait to do some Disney shopping.
Jealous!!! The resorts will be so pretty dressed up all Christmasy!

Even if we don't stay at Pop, we don't leave without a short visit. It just wouldn't feel right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I enjoyed the pics of Fantasmic.

Thanks for the tour around POP. It is a fun resort.
That it is. How many weeks until mid-March??? I am ready to go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Awesome pictures MeMom! I think I want to go back to Pop next time. I haven't even logged onto the Dis for awhile. Have the Disney blues. Going back to read now and get all caught up!
Aww, don't get the blues! Have some Disney parties at home to help until next time. Besides that, when you don't come around, it gives us the blues...and that's not very nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
I caught up right after I texted you a few days ago (or was it last week...?), and then promptly got sidetracked. I am now officially caught up! And finally made a ticker for the trip. My director told me today that she approved the time off, but the paper was somewhere in my assistant director's desk. I already decided that once I get my copy of that time off approval, it's going on my fridge!

You aren't alone with not liking the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz...my dad HATES them. I think they were part of the very first bad dream he remembers? Whatever it is, he just really doesn't like them.

I love the Pop pictures, as always. The AoA ones are getting me excited, too!

Oh, guess where I'm going tomorrow? Earl of Sandwich!!! One opened up in the Boston Commons, so once I get out of work, Charles and I are going there. It's going to be a new experience because it's a freestanding one, so we'll have to eat outside. It's also not really in a location you can just drive to, so we have to take the subway, but I am SO excited to have my fix and to introduce Charles to our good friend Earl

I really will be better about keeping up. I feel like everything is going by wayyyy too fast!
I hope Charles loves Earl!

And yay for a new trip in the planning!!!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #1777
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I made it to the food court in time to see some dancing.

And then it was back to the room.
(Jill will usually call me when she wakes up, knowing that I am roaming around. She usually says Bella is up and asking for her MeMom, and I go back to the room to hang out with Bella so she can get a shower.

If there is time, I stay with the girls in the room while Jill and John (if he is up) do a breakfast run.

Today's plans.

Breakfast finished and on to the bus stop - Brooklynn wanted to pose.

Sweet big girl! On this day, she and I went on ahead, and the others came just a little while later.

Jambo! Welcome to Animal Kingdom!

This is what she'll look like as an AK cast member someday, but she'll have teeth where that big gap is.

Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 11-15-2012 at 04:19 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #1778
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Cool moves, huh?

I love this one!

That's it for tonight. Two more work days. Hang in there, everyone!

Old 11-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #1779
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Gotta love a day at Animal Kingdom!

Brooklynn's little toothless grin is so cute! Have her permanent teeth started coming in? I'm guessing so!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #1780
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Jill and her bunch will be coming from Kentucky on Sunday afternoon, so you'll probably already be headed home. I should be flexible. I am cooking Sunday so that all the 'kids' can be off with their people doing dinners and such on Thursday. Just give me some warning when you are going to be going past my exit and we can hook up. Or if you are meeting Erica at Rivergate or Opry Mills for lunch sometime, I can meet you guys there.
I'm actually not meeting up with Erica this trip. They are leaving on Friday for Disney and we just won't be able to do anything on Thanksgiving day. But I will call/text you when I'm around your way. My best guess will be sometime Friday.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #1781
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

A lovely early morning walk as always. I only had 1 day there in Oct and I really missed POP.

How nice that you and Brooklynn got some together time.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 11-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #1782
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Oh, how I wish I were headed for the Animal Kingdom in the morning... or anytime in the foreseeable future.

I always say it, but I just have to spend more time there... so much to see!

Old 11-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #1783
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Happy to hear the evaluation went well. I love island mercantile... Vinylmation ears?? I don't know about that...

Valgoof...sorry to hear about your job.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 11-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #1784
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I loved this update!
You take pictures of things I would never think to capture on film. They just put me right back in the park.
Just where I would like to be right now.
For a short week, it's been exhausting!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #1785
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Where is that AK Tip board? I don't think I've ever seen it!

I love your pictures -so many cool things that you notice (that apparently I never do!)

Do you have the whole week off for Thanksgiving? I wondered because of your comment of "only two more days". Or maybe you were referring to this week.

I agree with Anita - short holiday weeks still seem longer and more tiring to me.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: