Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #16
Alifay
Emotes in shades of pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Welcome! You have so many details already in your first post, you are very organized! I love your Main Street theme and colours! It is going to be fabulous at the castle.

When I sent out my STDs (about a year and a half in advance) we just wrote July 2013, so I think you could definitely get away with Spring 2014 or maybe even Late April/Early May, although that is a bit wordier. And, we also hadn't contact DFTW yet when I started my PJ. I just couldn't wait that long! Haha!

Everything sounds great so far! Looking forward to reading more!
Thank you so much! I am obsessed with weddings, it helps that I went to school for event planning so I know all about BEO's, food&bev, attrition, etc. It's kind of like cheating

I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one planning without actually calling, thanks for letting me know! I think I will try something like "Late Spring 2014", that is probably enough to get the messege across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Of course as soon as I posted I realized I'd left your PJ open too long without refreshing the page, and there was so much more for me to read.

That was a fabulous deal on those tote bags. These things never seem to be on sale when I go to the Disney store, I must be very unlucky.

I love your engagement story, it is so sweet! And you got such fabulous photos to remember your day. Your ring is beautiful! I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are having with your families, I really wish there was more I could say than that. It's such a shame that some people can't see past their own ideas and prejudices to see how they are affecting people that they love.

Looking forward to reading more (again)!
Hahaha, I got home from lunch and started typing away
The bags are SO exciting! I am hoping to buy one wedding item with every paycheck, that should spread everything out really nice For sales, they have a Twice Upon a Year sale which happens usually around every other chain sales -- just after Christmas and in the middle of Summer.

Thank you! I adore my ring, it means so much in so many ways I agree about family, I just keep holding on to the hope that they will come around in time for our big day. I really think they would regret not attending their daughter's wedding.
Hoping to have more to post soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney212 View Post
Congratulations!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderALLIE View Post
Congratulations!!

Look forward to seeing your plans.

Sorry about the disapproving family members. As long as you 2 have each other it doesn;t matter what anyone thinks
Thank you!
And thanks again, we get along just fine ... it's little things like watching Father of the Bride that almost bring me to tears. Ahh ... but everyday life is fine, and happy to have each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyaandnate2013 View Post
Good deal on the bags. You have so much planned and thought out. I can't wait to see how things progess.
Thanks! I am so excited, the wedding has become my favorite hobby (and I am even manageing to not overwhelm my poor Katie )

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRoyster86 View Post
Since you called me out on it, I went ahead and started a PJ! Go me.

I'm sorry you're having family trouble. My fiancee is trans, and while his family is wonderful, I am nervous about the situation with my family. My Dad seems to be having some trouble with it. Being gay was one thing, but this is another for him. It's rough, so if you ever need to vent, definitely no judgement here.
Yay new PJ!! I will stalk it and subscribe!

Oh! Trans is another samebutdifferent issue, so you understand I'm sure. Non-traditional relationships are so difficult when it comes to family interactions... Thanks so much for the offer of venting, I might take you up on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandiEliz2 View Post
I had the same issue 'dating' my save the dates we just say "may 2013" knowing we'd pick "A" day in may once it became available.

i look fwd to hearing more of your plans!
Oh good, so giving a vague date worked out for you? Awesome, I will be doing that. Now if only I could figure out the guest list! Ah!
Alifay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #17
Alifay
Emotes in shades of pink

Today I made my very first contact with DFTW !

The lady I spoke to was of course kind, and Katie liked that she didn't blink stumble or pause or anything when I referred to my fiance as "she". I knew it wouldn't be a problem, but Katie was pleased

She said they don't normally start planning Wishes weddings until 16 months out, and we are currently at 17. She took my info anyway and said she would forward it on.

She also made sure I knew about the $10,000 ceremony fee for MK Castle wedding, and that we would need to be flexible with our dates. I told her who choose four dates out of a week and that we had a back up location in mind if the castle doesn't work out. She checked and confirmed that Luau beach should suit a party of our size .

So .. YAY for that! It was very simple, but I feel so good having made "official" contact. Hah!

In other news, I made these monograms via http://www.weddingchicks.com/ !

So fun! Not sure if we will use them, still deciding on design.

Paper Airplane Monogram by Alifay1, on Flickr

Fancy Monogram by Alifay1, on Flickr

There are a few other designs we like with small alterations ... like maybe a swirly design that looks like Cinderella's Coach, but where the main part of the coach is a C ... and maybe in the two wheels would be a K and an A. I have an inspiration pic for this somewhere .. but EEK ... I gotta get ready for work!

More later! Much love!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #18
fireofmarajade
8.29.12 MK

Subscribed! Date picking will be hard.... I do not know if even giving a month is good enough. MAY 1 - before may 15 really "should" be okay.... but how knows all the things going on in MK! I told you that i told disney 5 MONTHS and they gave me AUG 22, and aug 29 as the ONLY dates available. both wednesdays. It was president's weekend in feb that we officially asked disney... You know michelle had her's the last week of april this year.... and you look SOOOO organized. I don't know if I am that organized at a month out! I mean, DFTW knows what they are doing for me, but i never game them things THAT detailed for guidelines.... You look ready now! My heart goes out to you and your story. I have 2 of my best guy friends coming to the DP that are gay with semi supportive parents [doubt it if they decided to ever make things legal though...] I know the pain they have gone through and can only imagine yours. Know that here and on fb we love all brides- DFTW, swan, and at home.... orientation doesn't matter - only the love of disney! Heart you! K
fireofmarajade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #19
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Just caught up!

Families can be one of the hardest parts of any marriage. Disapproving families are the worst. We support you, though!

I love the monogram, though.
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:21 AM   #20
Alifay
Emotes in shades of pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireofmarajade View Post
Subscribed! Date picking will be hard.... I do not know if even giving a month is good enough. MAY 1 - before may 15 really "should" be okay.... but how knows all the things going on in MK! I told you that i told disney 5 MONTHS and they gave me AUG 22, and aug 29 as the ONLY dates available. both wednesdays. It was president's weekend in feb that we officially asked disney... You know michelle had her's the last week of april this year.... and you look SOOOO organized. I don't know if I am that organized at a month out! I mean, DFTW knows what they are doing for me, but i never game them things THAT detailed for guidelines.... You look ready now! My heart goes out to you and your story. I have 2 of my best guy friends coming to the DP that are gay with semi supportive parents [doubt it if they decided to ever make things legal though...] I know the pain they have gone through and can only imagine yours. Know that here and on fb we love all brides- DFTW, swan, and at home.... orientation doesn't matter - only the love of disney! Heart you! K
It was funny you mention that about the dates, because I had just discussed with Katie that we are going to have to decide what is more important to us -- date or venue. It will be a tough decision if we can't have both. We decided we are going to try it like this -- give them our top choices, and if none of those work, ask them to return to us with any date(s) nearest to the ones we requested. I guess we will have to make the hard decision at that time! But it seems a reasonable method to go about things.

Haha, I think I appear more organized than I really am. I think the reason I started the PJ so soon and with such an overload of info is because I wanted to sit down and really organize all of my thoughts/ideas/pictures. It also helps me to put everything in one simple place in order to not overload Katie with tiny details, and ask for input on several things all at once

I really do appreciate your support and love, and so does Katie. She was genuinely touched to hear what you had to say. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Just caught up!

Families can be one of the hardest parts of any marriage. Disapproving families are the worst. We support you, though!

I love the monogram, though.
I am holding on to hope that Dad will take a little time and then say .. OKAY LETS DO THIS RIGHT! Time will tell. I plan to keep most things upbeat of course, just had to get the sad bits out of the way. It is the way of life of course.

The monogram maker was so much fun!!! They have the same kind of thing for invites ... it is just fun to play around with and see what different color combinations look like :D
Old 08-02-2012, 04:04 AM   #21
Alifay
Emotes in shades of pink

Dapper Dans, Mayor Weaver, Invite fun, custom stamp!

Always thinking about the wedding! I am planning obsessed. There is a reason I majored in event planning!! I have been in love with weddings for years, so planning my own is like a marathon of YAY!

Okay ... here is a mish-mash of things...

Characters
Okay, let's pretend we have an unlimited budget for charactors, because to have all the ones we reasonably want... well... we would need a MUCH larger budget.

We really want Mickey and Minnie, if you have any characters it seems it has to be them right? Quintessentially Disney.

Mickey and Minnie by Alifay1, on Flickr

Wow Katie has lost a LOT of weight since this pic was taken ... shhh ... don't tell her I showed you!!!

The next ones I am not even sure if Disney will do for us! We are certainly asking though. We have a Main St USA theme. We aren't having a DJ since it is a morning ceremony/reception ... and Katie hates to dance. I'm not always fond of dancing either and I think a lot of my guests (though certainly not all) will feel the same way and a lot more comfortable. I have been to weddings where the DJ can't get people on the dance floor for anything and it is so sad!! I know a lot of people in my group would be the same way, so we aren't going there at all.
All that aside ... I think we still need a Master of Ceremonies! And who better than...

Mayor by Alifay1, on Flickr

The Mayor of Main St!! It would be so fun to have Mayor Christopher George Weaver (maybe even his wife too!) introduce our entrance and move things along like he opens the MK every morning! So cool!!

Also, I think we need some entertainment of some sort besides. Okay, need/want .... same thing in a wedding! And I think the perfect choice is..

Dapper Dans by Alifay1, on Flickr

The Dapper Dans Barbershop Quartet of Main St! Have you seen these guys perform? They are sooo cooool. They can do all kinds of things, and they are so wonderfully cheesey and I just adore the cheese

Okay what is next...
Oh, while we are talking people and entertainment. I had an idea for the officiant. Seeing how many people supported Chic-Fil-A day today (they donate millions of dollars to organizations that actively legislate to restrict gay rights, the founders of which prefer homosexuals be deported and publicly shamed) it doesn't seem that there will be much legal standing to our wedding by 2014. In traditional verse, the officiant will say something along the lines of "By the power invested in me by the state of Florida..." when pronouncing. We obviously need something different.
It's a little rough, but I was thinking of something along the lines of:

"By the power invested in me by the support of your loved ones here today, and most importantly, by the power of love between the two of you..."

I think that makes the point pretty clearly. It is also pretty sounding, and might be something I would like even if there was a legal document to go with the wedding.

Speaking of legal documents, Katie and I plan to order an artistic marriage contract. These are common in Jewish traditions and called a Ketubah, but it is becoming more common for couples of other faiths to have something pretty to hang in their homes. I think we would put our vows on it, and we will sign it as part of the ceremony. This is a design I found that we like the idea of. This one is terribly expensive so I will have to keep looking, but for now it's a concept to build on.

Four Seasons Marriage Contract by Alifay1, on Flickr

The four seasons is so pretty, and I like the symbolism about change and flow in relation to a marriage. Katie and I have special traditions that we do each season, too. We take a drive into the mountains every fall to seek out "Colorado Gold", we pick berries at a local farm in the summer ... just little things to celebrate the specialness of each season.

As a side note, buried in-between other wordy things. Katie and I had our first fight about the wedding. Sigh. It was about photography which is terribly important to me but not so important to her. I told her I wanted to hire a long-time (like...15 years long time) friend of mine to photograph the reception (since ceremony and DP are both in parks and require Disney photography). Katie heard that her fees for weddings start at $1,200 and freaked (what the heck did she think wedding photography cost anyway?? Doesn't she know that's a steal?). Laura's packages include retouching of (I think) EVERY photo, and all of those photos on a CD with full printing rights. The photos are also provided in lower resolution for ease of posting online/emailing/etc. Besides all this ... her photography is just beautiful and I can't imagine hiring and trusting anyone else. If you're curious, you can see her work at www.vasilionphotography.com

Anyway, we haven't talked about photography since I hung up on her about it. I get very frustrated when I do hours of research and she cuts me off with doubts and no's before I even complete my thought. BAH. I am sure we will work it out -- especially since I can trade Southwest buddy passes for her services I am seeing Laura next week to catch up and talk about our weddings (She's getting married too!!!!) and I am going to ask her about attending and photographing the wedding and see what we can work out . It will be OKAY.

Last few things here, I promise (I get so wordy don't I!)
I ordered a custom stamp of this image to try to DIY the invites I posted in the first post:

Cinderella-Castle by Alifay1, on Flickr

I want to use this stamp with some embossing powder on a DIY gate fold invite that I will put in a pocket-style folder, with all the inserts on one side I want to glue rhinestones and sparkles to dress it up more. I think we can save a lot of money this way, even though the stamp will cost over $50! But the fancy invites I want will be so worth it ... I think I will need a stamp of whatever monogram we settle on as well, hopefully that won't be quite as pricey since it will be smaller.

And last ... and in this case probably least -- haha! I spent some time playing on WeddingChicks.com 's free printable invites and came up with this, I don't think we will use it and the wording really needs some revisions ... but it was such fun I couldn't resist!

weddingchicks - Crown Invite by Alifay1, on Flickr

I think that's more than plenty for now! Payday is on the fifth and I will be sure to update with what my "one purchase" for this paycheck is !!

Love and magic to you all
Old 08-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #22
BritKansas
Earning My Ears

Congratulations! You are so organized! Everything looks great so far & I can't wait to read more!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #23
fireofmarajade
8.29.12 MK

Where'd u get that stamp?????!!!!!
I NEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDD IT!
Ha
That's the exact castle image I am using for everything and I love to use it for back of envelopes on thank u's!!!!!
Plmk ASAP.
Email is Tim.kaitlin@ gmail.com
Thanks!
And I'm glad to hear ur things are going so well and u r well informed and seemingly deciding top choices!!!!!! Awesome job
As for wedding fights, it happens bc one person is researched and the other is clueless- atleast w my experience on my wedding! Regroup. Teach and try to decide together again after! Good luck. Ttyl!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
fireofmarajade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #24
unbrelievable
Mouseketeer

I've been silently subscribed for awhile now (there was just something about this PJ I knew I had to), but I just realized you're from Denver! Don't know how I missed that before, but hooray for Disney lovers in Colorado (I live down by Pueblo in the summers/go to school up in Greeley during the school year).

Also that marriage contract is gorgeous. Plus it's such a lovely idea, I don't think I've heard of anyone doing that.
unbrelievable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:53 AM   #25
reginaastralis
DIS Veteran

I'm very interested in your report ... mainly because you've given me the awesome idea of a beautiful marriage contract. I'd never heard of that! I think it's incredibly beautiful, and now you've given me something to work on.

Personally, I don't believe in marriage, which is slightly hilarious because I'm now in the planning process of my wedding. For a number of reasons, I've never understood why getting married to someone was such an important thing, other than legally .. nothing changes. My boyfriend, however, is pushing the marriage thing, it's very important to him ... and he's starting to make me see that it's more than just putting it on paper, it's about making the commitment in front of the people you love. That said, I'm still pushing for us to only join as a civil union, until equal marriage rights are allowed for everyone. He's placating me, which is fine ... this is why we work because I'm the dreamer and he's the realist, but I'd love for Florida to leave the Stone Age before your wedding day! Leave it to me to find the one guy in the world who insists on not only wearing a tux to his wedding, but he wants to get married by a pastor to boot. Our good friends, who just happen to be lesbians, are getting married the weekend after us, and I keep saying that I'll call off our wedding if it hasn't been passed before our day.

Your ideas are adorable! If you could get the dapper Dans to perform ... swoon! We used to sing barber shop in high school, and we sang for them once. They were so sweet to a girl's barber shop quartet.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:32 AM   #26
Alifay
Emotes in shades of pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritKansas View Post
Congratulations! You are so organized! Everything looks great so far & I can't wait to read more!
Thanks!! I am having so much fun thinking about the wedding all the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireofmarajade View Post
Where'd u get that stamp?????!!!!!
I NEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDD IT!
Ha
That's the exact castle image I am using for everything and I love to use it for back of envelopes on thank u's!!!!!
Plmk ASAP.
Email is Tim.kaitlin@ gmail.com
Thanks!
And I'm glad to hear ur things are going so well and u r well informed and seemingly deciding top choices!!!!!! Awesome job
As for wedding fights, it happens bc one person is researched and the other is clueless- atleast w my experience on my wedding! Regroup. Teach and try to decide together again after! Good luck. Ttyl!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Big hearts to you!!! For your and everyone else's notice, the custom stamp is coming from Terbearco on Etsy
We worked out the photographer thing, and spoke to her just today about working out pricing for the wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbrelievable View Post
I've been silently subscribed for awhile now (there was just something about this PJ I knew I had to), but I just realized you're from Denver! Don't know how I missed that before, but hooray for Disney lovers in Colorado (I live down by Pueblo in the summers/go to school up in Greeley during the school year).

Also that marriage contract is gorgeous. Plus it's such a lovely idea, I don't think I've heard of anyone doing that.
Thanks for subbing and following along
Pueblo home and school in Greeley? That is SO FAR! How long does it take to drive that distance?
I really love that contract, I am still looking for something similar that doesn't cost $300 though I have a theory that things like this are going to be big pretty soon --- this specifically or just ornate wedding licenses to hang on the wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginaastralis View Post
I'm very interested in your report ... mainly because you've given me the awesome idea of a beautiful marriage contract. I'd never heard of that! I think it's incredibly beautiful, and now you've given me something to work on.

Personally, I don't believe in marriage, which is slightly hilarious because I'm now in the planning process of my wedding. For a number of reasons, I've never understood why getting married to someone was such an important thing, other than legally .. nothing changes. My boyfriend, however, is pushing the marriage thing, it's very important to him ... and he's starting to make me see that it's more than just putting it on paper, it's about making the commitment in front of the people you love. That said, I'm still pushing for us to only join as a civil union, until equal marriage rights are allowed for everyone. He's placating me, which is fine ... this is why we work because I'm the dreamer and he's the realist, but I'd love for Florida to leave the Stone Age before your wedding day! Leave it to me to find the one guy in the world who insists on not only wearing a tux to his wedding, but he wants to get married by a pastor to boot. Our good friends, who just happen to be lesbians, are getting married the weekend after us, and I keep saying that I'll call off our wedding if it hasn't been passed before our day.

Your ideas are adorable! If you could get the dapper Dans to perform ... swoon! We used to sing barber shop in high school, and we sang for them once. They were so sweet to a girl's barber shop quartet.
I am so excited to have a pretty marriage contract!

Your views on wedding equality are so sweet -- thank you for that. Yes, marriage is important for legal things (over 1,300 legal rights to be exact...) - but there is always the public importance of committing to each other like you say. That is why we think we will have our pastor say something alone the lines of "By the power invested in me by the significant people here today.." -- because that is really what it is, and on an emotional level that is what counts.

The Dapper Dan's would be so cool!!! I am worried though, that our ideas are getting bigger than our reality. The castle portion is really the BIG splurge, we are trying to go minimal on most other expenses (except for what I am putting in my next post, but it doesn't count if its a one paycheck purchase months before the wedding right?)

Thanks again for your response, I have had a lot of anger over things in the news lately (did Masterpiece Cake Shop make National news? Because they also refused to make us a wedding cake for our gay wedding...). I am on one hand trying to get over it, and on the other trying to FIX it --- it's a tough balance!
Old 08-08-2012, 01:16 AM   #27
Alifay
Emotes in shades of pink

New wedding purchase!! And thoughts on kids...

I promised I would update with what my "one thing" for this paycheck was ... ... well, it turned out that do to some medical issues I don't have enough money at the moment to make a purchase at all -- BUT! Katie does :D. We casually strolled into the Disney Store she used to work at ... and THIS was staring us in the face!

Cinderella Glass Slipper by Alifay1, on Flickr

Image borrowed from Ebay, since we haven't been at home during daylight hours to take a decent photo.

BUT OMG IT IS SO PRETTY!!!!!!!! Limited Edition (only 250 made!) crystal glass slipper for the 25th Anniversary of the Disney Store.

I was in LOVE as soon as I saw it. It is even more special since Katie proposed to me with the ring on a glass slipper... we are coming upon an unintentional theme and I am SO okay with it.

Katie wondered for a minute about whether or not to buy it, and I pulled up the "regular" glass slipper from Arribas Bros on my phone to compare prices (HUGE difference ... but then you have to factor in the crystal and the prettiness and the SUPER limited edition). Before I even got the website up ... she had decided. YES SHE WAS BUYING IT FOR US!!!

AH OMG ITS SO PRETTY!!! I only had to think on it for a few minutes before I figured out how to work it into our wedding. We don't plan to have a ring bearer, so we think we will preset the slipper on the table with the sand ceremony, rings in the slipper. I just have to find something super pretty to set in in (in fact, I think I have a small square pillow cover I bought in India that would work...) We will use it in the reception probably on the sweetheart table.

So. Big purchase. So in love. Such a sweet Katie to buy it. Eeee!!!
In addition, the Disney store also has this adorable shirt (only for children)

Disney shoes Shirt by Alifay1, on Flickr

The design is SO CUTE and so along with our unintentional developing theme, I want to buy the shirt and cut out the design to sew into a tote bag. CUTE AS HECK wedding tote bag!!
(Sudden inspiration --- wouldn't that be the most adorable attendant gift??? I might need to buy a few of these shirts!!! )

Ah. Okay, slipper talk aside, Katie and I worked out the photographer issue. We went and spent time with Laura today, heard all about her wedding plans (I love ALL weddings!) and approached the idea of her being our photographer for the reception only, as well as a guest. She was very excited. I asked her to think about prices, and that I am willing to do any combination of airfare/hotel/hotel discount/buddy passes/cash. Hopefully we can work something out that is good for her and affordable for us .

The next thing I am thinking about is kids. We don't want kids at our wedding. I know I know, how dare we plan to have a wedding in Disney World and expect our guests to NOT bring their kids. Obviously this is something that we need to both communicate and help out with. I was thinking about having kids welcome at one or more event of the day ... but augh ... I really am not a kid person (too much of a kid myself, I don't want to deal with potential temper tantrums because then *I* might throw one!). I thought for a while that having kids at the Epcot dessert party might be okay ... but then I remembered that kids are cranky at the end of the day, and especially at the end of a Disney Day.
So here is my solution. The invites going to guests with kids will have an additional insert titled "Children" and it will read something along the line of:
We understand that you might not be able to take a trip to The Happiest Place On Earth without <kids name here>. If she/he/they will be traveling with you, please inform us so that we can pair you up with our other parent guests to share the cost of Disney's Kids' Night Out service (operates 24hrs a day).

That took a lot longer to put down in black and white than it should have. It's hard to find a friendly way to say both that their kids are not invited to the wedding, that there is a babysitting service (more affordable when shared among a few families) --- but that we also won't pay for babysitting. Augh. I feel like an awful person writing this. Maybe we will just have to foot the bill for kids night out... It seems like it might be either that to not be a brat, or don't invite people with kids ... .... ... oh it is such a problem. None of the options (have kids at wedding, have parents pay for kids night out, pay for kids night out ourselves) are palatable. We are not kid people. Disney people yes, kid people no. Please don't hate me.

As for venues, we have a plan of action for booking venues for the wedding -- if they will let us. Hopefully, we can book Luau Beach (our back-up ceremony location choice), The Attic, and space for the Epcot Dessert Party as far out in advance as they will allow, for our first choice date. Then take a look at Castle options when that date comes around and re-arrange as necessary. I am thinking it would be really sad to have our hearts set on a reception at The Attic, but then have it already booked by the time we get a date for the Castle. I would think they would let us do that, we are paying that deposit and more anyway. Hmm.

In addition, it is very hard for me to get in contact with DFTW. We are playing phone tag right now. They are two hours ahead of me which means they are closed by 3:00 my time. I work late/overnights so I don't wake up until one or two and don't think to call back until it's too late! Must set alarm!!

Aaaalso .... I might have fallen in love with a dress in theory. I was casually browsing and found a dress that is SO PRETTY O M G. I have to try it on. I can't keep thinking about it and glorifying it and risking it not looking good on me after having it mostly decided on in my head. I have an appointment for tomorrow to go try it on, and my Mom is coming with me !

I know I am rambling now, but I like to get everything down when I can -- I hope this isn't too disorienting to read! I contacted Impressions just to get an idea of their prices ... and they informed me that they are coming out with a Disney World Exclusive invite ... and it if is anything like the Disneyland exclusive they recently released I (and even more-so, Katie) am totally sold on it! (as long as it comes in colors other than purple, hoping for light blue!) Pic of Disneyland invite:

Impressions Disneyland Exclusive Invite by Alifay1, on Flickr

Don't you just love it?! It will be too perfect if the Disney World version is as pretty!

More than enough for now, yes? Love and magic to you all!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:05 AM   #28
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Love the updates!
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #29
RandiEliz2
Earning My Ears

i totally feel your pain on the no kids thing, and i have three of my own!
i dont want my youngest siblings at my wedding- but since my father HAS TO be there- theres no way i can get out of it. because they are the only kids i want to exclude (theyre brats who are always running around breaking everything and bad influences on my :: publically :: well behaved kids) i dont think i could say "oh no, just your kids arent invited, all these other kids are good"
So if thats what you want- do it! stand your ground and if the parents decide they cant make the trip because of your decision thats more $ you can put towards your dream day!

Randi Alfredo Darling Firstborn Son Darling Secondborn Son Darling Daughter Charlie Boy

My Wishes PJ

Last edited by RandiEliz2; 08-08-2012 at 09:44 AM.
RandiEliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #30
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Hello! I saw your comment on Ginger's page and followed it over to your PJ! With all of my crazy wedding planning (36 days and counting!) I don't normally make time to read WDW weddings since they don't pertain to my DCL wedding- you're my first WDW PJ I tend to feel like I get long-winded on my PJ, too- no worries! It's YOUR PJ, give us all you got!!! You never know who will stumble upon it and find inspiration!!! Okay, I feel like a nerd, but I literally have a post-it-note filled up with notes so I don't forget to comment on anything about your PJ thusfar!!

I adore your color scheme! The inspiration board you gave is just gorgeous! I think it will fit in the attic just perfectly! I'm crossing my fingers for you that everything works out and you get everything your heart desires! I can't believe that they make you wait so darn long to confirm your wedding date! That's crazy! Don't they know that weddings take lots of time to plan??? The castle ceremony sounds PHENOMENAL! I live in Kissimmee and work at Hollywood Studios, and I still get warm fuzzies around Cinderella castle!!

I also love-love-love the key-to-the-world Save the Dates! I've seen (and received) the fastpass ones, but the key card seems way cooler to me! I think you should stick to the original designs- the "new" key-to-the-world cards don't look as great- not as magical! I think your bouquet is gorgeous! I love the brooches inside the fabric flowers with the netting! If you got a birdcage veil, it would match perfectly! Does that seller actually have a waiting list THAT long?? Yeesh!

I, myself, am ALSO a "Bling" lover- I think your rhinestone mickey cake topper sounds lovely! Since you bling everything, can I ask where you buy your rhinestones from? I also love the welcome bag idea- if you look at my PJ, I've got an extensive amount of things going into my bags, too! I agree wholly that you should gift things that are practical! I've got a 'first aid' kit with Mickey band-aids, polysporin, wet-ones hand wipes, single-use sun screen... and I'm making Mickey Mouse soaps and Bath salts (head nod to your single use epsom salts! I just bought a 6 lb bag today!) some glow sticks, a lint roller, personalized matches, mickey ice cubes, and I'm also making magnetic nametags and an "I'm here for the wedding" magnets for their stateroom doors! I love the Mickey bags you got from the Disney store- and at such a good price! Bonus- they're pre-themed for you!! haha! I love your plan to buy one thing per paycheck- it's such an easy way to get things accomplished! I did that, but apparently NOT ENOUGH! Since I'm about a month before my wedding, I'm finding all sorts of things that I need that have slipped my mind! Hopefully after studying event planning, you'll be way more organized and prepared that I am!!

OOOH, I got engaged at Disneyland, too!!! But your story sounds much more magical and picture perfect than mine! Michael asked me after Fantasmic and before the fireworks- that night there were only about 10 minutes between the two, so I was trying to rush and get a spot for the fireworks! He gets down on one knee and asks me to marry him- But I didn't believe he was being serious! He would ask me on a weekly or daily basis if I'd marry him that when he actually did it, I didn't believe him! I love that you're incorporating the cinderella slipper into your ceremony and I LOVE that you're cutting up that adorable t-shirt to turn it into a tote bag!!!

I totally know how you're feeling about your dad about his wife! My dad cheated on my mom and left her one day out of the blue, then not much more than a month after their divorce was finalized, he married his current wife... I see her as a cruella deville in my mind, lol! Perhaps that's not fair, but I just can't seem to tolerate her when I'm sober! That being said, I invited my dad to the wedding and he's attending, bringing wifey in tow. I am, however, having my oldest brother walk me down the aisle. It's something I just feel much more comfortable with! I'm sending me positive energies your way that he'll be accepting when you tell him about your engagement!!! I would really love for him to walk you down the aisle- you deserve it!!

Okay... I think that's all I had marked on my sticky note... Now I'm sounding long-winded!!! Happy planning, and I'm excited to read more!!!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: