Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
jlomama
Earning My Ears

AAA Perks

Does anyone know of any AAA perks besides the obvious of the hotel/ticket discounts?
jlomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
Nature Mom
I didn't survive Cancer to die of stress.

There are a lot and I think they differ depending on your service area. I have a discount on my cell phone bill, get discounts at restaurants and shopping, earn points online when I shop through their site (go through their site to get to Target, Amazon, etc. and earn points), discounts at Universal, FTD florist, Payless Shoes, the eye doctor...the list is pretty long. I suggest pulling up the AAA that serves you (I'm in AAASouth) and look at the benefits. I love my AAA and try to use it for its advantages as much as I can.

Nature Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

It varies depending on where you live. (There are different branches of AAA depending on your city and state) Stop by your local AAA office or put in your zip at the AAA website for more information.
kddisney502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
tink576
Think of the Happiest Things, Fairies, Princesses and Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlomama View Post
Does anyone know of any AAA perks besides the obvious of the hotel/ticket discounts?
Go to your specific local AAA website. Each local agency has different perks, but they list all the discounts by category on the website. My favorite perk is saving .10 a gallon on gas, or at least I use that perk the most often. I basically consider them an insurance for my car for if I break down/have issues/whatever and all the other perks and discounts are bonus.

tink576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"

Are you talking about booking with AAA for your disney trip? If so the best extra you get is the parking pass. I think the lot is called the diamond lot its closer than where the buses pull in some parks!! Also they used have a preffered fireworks viewing and a special character interaction at MK. Not sure if those two are still included but Im sure someone else will be able to correct me if I am wrong!

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS ,DMOM,DB , DSIL,DAunt
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POR *
julluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #6
tink576
Think of the Happiest Things, Fairies, Princesses and Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julluvsdisney View Post
Are you talking about booking with AAA for your disney trip? If so the best extra you get is the parking pass. I think the lot is called the diamond lot its closer than where the buses pull in some parks!! Also they used have a preffered fireworks viewing and a special character interaction at MK. Not sure if those two are still included but Im sure someone else will be able to correct me if I am wrong!
The diamond parking is now only if you booked your package through AAA and isn't for regular AAA members. I don't find there are many AAA discounts on property besides % off at earl of sandwich.

tink576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:34 PM   #7
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink576

The diamond parking is now only if you booked your package through AAA and isn't for regular AAA members. I don't find there are many AAA discounts on property besides % off at earl of sandwich.
I know that u have to book with AAA for the parking. That's why I asked op if they meant booking with AAA. I am not too sure of shopping disct. Used to be a disct at one of the shops at dtd but not any longer

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS ,DMOM,DB , DSIL,DAunt
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POR *
julluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:07 AM   #8
minushka72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink576 View Post
This may depend on the individual club or even branch location. I have ordered just tickets through mine and asked for the parking pass and been given one at least 3 times in the last 5 years.
minushka72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:47 AM   #9
busymama04
Mouseketeer

I booked through AAA and got the diamond parking card and the diamond savings card. AAA Diamond Savings Card Benefits are

20% off food and non alcoholic beverages at the following Disney dining
Garden Grove Cafe,Kimono's, Fresh Mediterranean Market, Cabana Bar & Grill
Todd English's bluezoo

20% off food and nonalcoholic beverages
The Outback Restaurant at the Buena Vista Palace
20% off dinner at
Traders Island Grill at the Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort

15% off food and nonalcoholic beverages at Earl of Sanwich, House of Blues, and Pollo Campero

10% off food and nonalcoholic beverages at Wolfgang Puck Express, Planet Hollywood, and Bongo Cuban Cafe

10% off Funnel Cake Cake Carts at The American Adventure Pavilion in Epcot, Disney's Boardwalk, Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon

10% off any chocolate purchase or $1 off any sundae purchase at Ghiradelli
AND VARIOUS RECREATION DISCOUNTS
I hope this helps
I also received a $100 visa gift card for booking through AAA!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #10
busymama04
Mouseketeer

Also prefrerred viewing area for wishes nighttime spectacular in Magic Kingdom. The viewing area is located at the the Plaza Landing near the Plaza Restaurant on Main Street.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #11
twopearls
Mouseketeer

Hi...I also booked my upcoming Oct trip through AAA. WAs told about the parking pass, and she mentioned other things would be coming in the package once I paid off the bill in full (not due until late Aug).

For the preferred viewing for fireworks, do you have to make a reservation or is it first come first serve? Do you get a pass of some sort that you need to take in with you that night?

Thanks! I also like the $100 visa gift card...hope I get one of those!!!

FYI, I did not book airfare or dining...just resort, park tix, and car rental.
twopearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #12
busymama04
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopearls View Post
Hi...I also booked my upcoming Oct trip through AAA. WAs told about the parking pass, and she mentioned other things would be coming in the package once I paid off the bill in full (not due until late Aug).

For the preferred viewing for fireworks, do you have to make a reservation or is it first come first serve? Do you get a pass of some sort that you need to take in with you that night?

Yes you have to make a reservation 24 hours or more for the fireworks. To see the fireworks in the preffered viewing you need your park ticket, diamond card and reservation confirmation number. Diamond parking is first come first served.

I also did not book airfare or dining or car rental, I only booked park tix and resort.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #13
busymama04
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopearls View Post

Also there is a fireworks viewing voucher that you must bring. I just read all of the fine print and it says your entire party must be present for viewing.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #14
kellia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink576 View Post
Go to your specific local AAA website. Each local agency has different perks, but they list all the discounts by category on the website. My favorite perk is saving .10 a gallon on gas, or at least I use that perk the most often. I basically consider them an insurance for my car for if I break down/have issues/whatever and all the other perks and discounts are bonus.
Where/how do you get .10/gallon on gas?
kellia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #15
twopearls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymama04 View Post
Yes you have to make a reservation 24 hours or more for the fireworks. To see the fireworks in the preffered viewing you need your park ticket, diamond card and reservation confirmation number. Diamond parking is first come first served.

I also did not book airfare or dining or car rental, I only booked park tix and resort.
Awesome! So, I assume info for this will be in the packet I get from AAA? And is there a number you call to make the reservations once you have that?
twopearls is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: