Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 11:33 PM   #91
starrPA
Earning My Ears

We will be staying at POFQ AUG 28th -Sept 5th.
I posted our ADR's on the previous thread last week but will PM them too.
We're on the current park list.

I think the Facebook idea is fabulous! I love this thread! (it is crazy to keep up with, but is's been a lot of fun! )

Visiting WDW since 1989... LAST VISIT: Feb 2012 Grand Floridian (with the kids) UPCOMING: Aug 2012 Port Orleans French Quarter - our Anniversary/Honeymoon trip!
starrPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:45 PM   #92
m2zjj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf
Customized LGMH's available here!!

If anyone wants one just let me know, I can do just about any image for the text background and any name (in any color). They print out to about 9" across but you can usually resize them when you print. Just let me know the name you would like on it and which design you would like.

Mickey and the gang!

Princesses!

Basic Rainbow!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I printed mine at about 4" across and laminated it to put on my lanyard
Can I get one with mickey and the gang please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW!
If you'd like one with your screen name and first name, let me know!

I love one of yours too please my name is Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella Girl

8/8 Liberty Tree Tavern 11:30
Wishes Dessert Party 9:10
Looks like we'll be at the Wishes Dessert Party together.
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2012, 12:23 AM   #93
RedOne3781
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmama3 View Post
So glad you joined us! LOVE that song and the video oneRepublic did! I've watched it every day this week! And you are right: Must love heat for August trips!
Seriously, I cannot get enough of that song or that video! Thanks to that video and the Disney ad campaign that song went from just being one of my favorites to one of those songs that makes me think of Disney and get all choked up. So for me it is the perfect ring tone. Takes me to my happy place every time my phone rings.

And as for the heat: The friend that is going with me has been to WDW several times already, but never in August. She was a little concerned that the OMG HOT LIKE FIRE heat + the OMG it's like breathing in soup humidity would be hard to handle. But once I explained how crowds are so much lighter then when she usually goes and that the heat just gives us a better excuse for mid-day naps and/or pool time she seemed to warm up to the idea. I'm hoping that she jumps on the August bandwagon by the end of the trip.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:02 AM   #94
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Oh my! I leave for less than 24 hours and lookey here.. a new August 2012thread! Way to go August peeps - keeping the excitement and anticipation alive!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:08 AM   #95
starrPA
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmama3

So glad you joined us! LOVE that song and the video oneRepublic did! I've watched it every day this week! And you are right: Must love heat for August trips!
I love that video too!
oneRepublic is such a fun band.
I am a singer (Starr is my real name tho from Phila. and we played with oneRepublic at the National Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony show in DC this past December. The best part of the entire event was meeting KERMIT tho' - I am still excited about that one, LOVE THE FROG!!! The First Family didn't even excite me as much as the frog. (sorry mr president LOL)
Here's us backstage with Kermit before the show... http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...4309337&type=1
And here's oneRepublic meeting Kermit, too http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...1507828&type=3

I too, am not looking forward to the Aug. heat, but think we just had a good preview these past several weeks. POFQ pool get ready, cause here we come! YAY!

Visiting WDW since 1989... LAST VISIT: Feb 2012 Grand Floridian (with the kids) UPCOMING: Aug 2012 Port Orleans French Quarter - our Anniversary/Honeymoon trip!
starrPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:35 AM   #96
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran

We are at POR 8/17-8/31.

Good Morning Team August! The new thread is so well organized!

Anyone planning on making a family video this year? My family really wants to so I think we will try.

ETA: I too think the facebook idea is neat!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:00 AM   #97
ashmarie06
DIS Veteran

I'm at all star Music 8/25-8/31!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:08 AM   #98
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstomrice
Our resort is SSR...first time staying here since we just joined DVC in December...best move we ever made for Disney!
Getting DVC is the best thing we have ever done too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247

We could start a FB group and post our trip photos and all to it. I post on another thread and we are all close and we have a FB group for sharing things we don't feel belong on the boards.
Great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytocalliesue
We are staying at Beach Club August 9-15
You'll be at the Beach Club the same time as moi!
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:10 AM   #99
ginny_lynn
Mouseketeer

QOTD #1: No TA. I booked myself, I have never ued a TA, don't think I could give up control....

QOTD #2: I have no ringtones I need to fgure out how to get some on my iPhone, I am technologically challenged....lol

ginny_lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:23 AM   #100
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

QOTD #1: No TA. I booked myself, I have never ued a TA, don't think I could give up control....:I always book on my own...it is so easy! I love being able to make a change whenever I decide the mood strikes....which is every few days! The TA would not like me for 2 reasons: I will be annoying and I will know more than them

QOTD #2: I have no ringtones I need to fgure out how to get some on my iPhone, I am technologically challenged....lol I have no ringtones but I may be upgrading to an iPhone next month...no use trying now to have to figure it out all over again next month! Where's a teenager when you need one!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:33 AM   #101
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

3 weeks from today my mom and I leave for the happiest place on earth!!
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:45 AM   #102
litlpixie
Proudly stalking the CRO since 2001!!

TODAY is 30 days from our vacation........It is also my birthday

Happy Friday Team!! love you all!

litlpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:48 AM   #103
Megs114
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara

I asked this on the transportation board but didn't get a response...do you think 5:30am is early enough for a 7:50am flight from LGA for 3 seasoned travelers who are traveling light? We're leaving from Tribeca, using Dial7 and flying JetBlue

I suppose I could ask my my SO but he's been so super busy with work and negotiating 2 job offers so we've had so many things to talk about other than Disney! And being in a temporarily long distance relationship,-we live 150 miles apart- we don't have as much talking time as we'd like. We'll be on vacation together in 12 days though and have oodles of time to talk about our next vacation...and other minor stuff, like finding a bigger apartment if he takes job #1 or moving across the country if he takes job #2! It's almost enough to distract me from my Disney planning. Almost.
I would maybe plan on getting to the airport for 5:30. After flying out of Newark and JFK numerous times, I realized the surrounding airports are just way to unpredictable.

I feel your pain though! My DH booked our flight for 6 am out of Newark. Which means leaving our apartment in Central Jersey around 3:30-3:45. Normally, I would be freaking out about getting up this early in the morning, but since it's for DW I'm content with it lol.

Congrats on all the exciting news!
11/98- 1st trip with family, Off Site , 12/00- Contemporary with family, Christmas Trip 5/03- All-Star Sports, Senior Trip 12/04- Off Site with family, Christmas Trip 1/06- 1st trip with DH, Off Site 8/07- 2nd trip with DH, Family Condo 4/08-3rd trip with DH and family, Family Condo 8/08- 4th trip with DH, Family Condo 6/09- All-Star Sports, 5th trip with DH and Family, Engagement! 8/12- All-Star Sports, 6th trip with DH, 1st Anniversary!
, 8/2013, 7th trip with DH, 2nd Anniversary :

Check out our PTR for August 2013!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post49125373
Megs114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:24 AM   #104
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaLady View Post
Lol! All I can say is that kijiji is my friend right now!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Haha, looking around my living room right now to see what I can sell
Emteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:28 AM   #105
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs114

I would maybe plan on getting to the airport for 5:30. After flying out of Newark and JFK numerous times, I realized the surrounding airports are just way to unpredictable.

I feel your pain though! My DH booked our flight for 6 am out of Newark. Which means leaving our apartment in Central Jersey around 3:30-3:45. Normally, I would be freaking out about getting up this early in the morning, but since it's for DW I'm content with it lol.

Congrats on all the exciting news!
We have the 6am flight out of Newark too but I'm only about 15 mins away so it's not so bad. I used to get there super early because I'm always paranoid but the airport is always EMPTY that early on a weekday so I think this time I'm going to leave at 4:45am. That'll give me an hour.
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: