Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #1591
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emteach View Post
Question for you ladies and gents. I have been looking on the DISign forum for a couple of invites... posted a thread request with no such luck for a response. I know there are the specific DISigners threads but I am still very, very confused on how to request. Does anyone have experience with this, any tips. I am at a loss Thanks.
I have never requested but there are some that have blanks that you can edit. What kind of invites are you looking for? I can see whats available and try to customize them for you.

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
SenecaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #1592
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Emteach, I wish I could help you but I find the whole thing confusing as well. I get worried about requesting the wrong way or doing something offensive or against the rules and I give up before I ask

Question for everyone..
Are you bringing anything to read on vacation? I want something really good for the plane, and maybe for a rainy afternoon in our cabin. I just haven't heard of anything lately that really grabbed my interest.
I think the last books I read and loved were The Game of Thrones books, and I read The Birth House on vacation in the Fall.
I used to read all the time but I don't seem to be able to sit still long enough these days. Hoping to find something good for vacation
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #1593
SenecaWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Emteach, I wish I could help you but I find the whole thing confusing as well. I get worried about requesting the wrong way or doing something offensive or against the rules and I give up before I ask

Question for everyone..
Are you bringing anything to read on vacation? I want something really good for the plane, and maybe for a rainy afternoon in our cabin. I just haven't heard of anything lately that really grabbed my interest.
I think the last books I read and loved were The Game of Thrones books, and I read The Birth House on vacation in the Fall.
I used to read all the time but I don't seem to be able to sit still long enough these days. Hoping to find something good for vacation
I have James Patterson's new book, I, Michael Bennett already downloaded to my tablet. I am resisting reading it until the trip but it's so tempting!

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 08-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #1594
ginny_lynn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf View Post
Wow, it hit 92 w/heat index of 96 here south of Buffalo, it's only 87 at Disney!
Quote:
I hear you. It at 104 with the heat index here by the lake
I hear you! it has been over 100 hear the last few days!! today I was dying, when I checked the weather it said thunder showers were going to break the humidity...no such luck, no rain at all...looks like a epeat tomorrow, so it will be a beach day!!! then monday back to the AC at work....lol at least theres a reason to be glad for monday...

ginny_lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #1595
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf View Post
I have never requested but there are some that have blanks that you can edit. What kind of invites are you looking for? I can see whats available and try to customize them for you.
As Pigletto said I am worried I will ask the wrong way as well (although, I really dont know what even to ask) and offend and they will not be impressed.

Senaca Wolf, I am looking for an invite to BBB for my sister Amber and brother Jett (who is getting the knight package). I am also looking for an invites for our character dinners/ lunch; Akershus, 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace and Hollywood and Vine Playhouse Disney (for Jett). I am hoping that the characters may be able to sign them and we can put in our scrapbook (the only crafty thing I am remotely good at lol )

Any help I could get would be SOOO very appreciated!

WDW Polynesian (August 2012)
WDW All Star Movies (August 2006)
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort (December 1996)
WDW Off-Property (December 1992)

DDP Review
Party of 5: August 2012 Dining Review with the Queen of Chicken Nuggets (With Pics)
[URL="http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998041&highlight=picky+eaters"]

Disney World - August 2012 - Trip Report
Picky Eaters, Sore Feet, Hurricanes...After 6 Yrs Nothing will get in our way!
Emteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #1596
Halloween Baby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emteach View Post
Question for you ladies and gents. I have been looking on the DISign forum for a couple of invites... posted a thread request with no such luck for a response. I know there are the specific DISigners threads but I am still very, very confused on how to request. Does anyone have experience with this, any tips. I am at a loss Thanks.
I would ask Shadowryter. She isn't picky about how you ask for it. And you can browse through her photobucket and see all of her invites she's created. A couple other good ones are Absolut_Mandy or MarneMouse.

My best suggestion is to ask on a specific thread. If you just ask in the main forum, it's rare for someone to volunteer for it!

Halloween Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #1597
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween Baby View Post
I would ask Shadowryter. She isn't picky about how you ask for it. And you can browse through her photobucket and see all of her invites she's created. A couple other good ones are Absolut_Mandy or MarneMouse.

My best suggestion is to ask on a specific thread. If you just ask in the main forum, it's rare for someone to volunteer for it!
Hmm, someone not too picky. I like the sound of that. Looked on the other 2 and was so confused on what to ask and where and whether it was appropriate to ask.

WDW Polynesian (August 2012)
WDW All Star Movies (August 2006)
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort (December 1996)
WDW Off-Property (December 1992)

DDP Review
Party of 5: August 2012 Dining Review with the Queen of Chicken Nuggets (With Pics)
[URL="http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998041&highlight=picky+eaters"]

Disney World - August 2012 - Trip Report
Picky Eaters, Sore Feet, Hurricanes...After 6 Yrs Nothing will get in our way!
Emteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #1598
kkfinley
DIS Veteran

I second Shadowryter. I have used her designs before and come out great. She does get a lot of requests so make sure you let her know when you are leaving and she will get it completed for you.

kkfinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #1599
beachmama3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It's funny because people here look at me like I am crazy for going to Disney in August. Sure it's hot..but trust me, it's no worse than it is here most summer days.
People say this to us too, but it is definitley the same temp, if not hotter at home. I also don't mind heat- I will sit on the beach in any temp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manders77 View Post
I want one of those mickey head pretzels in frontierland. And of course a mickey ice cream bar.

I am actually looking forward to all those character meals we have. I'm such a kid..... lol.. Sometime I think I enjoy them just as much as my two kids. LOL
I am totally excited for our princess breakfast!! haha! Yes, I am making all three of my sons have breakfast with the princesses- for me.

Quote:

Question for everyone..
I am bringing the latest Kingdom Keepers book! Planning on reading by the pool when the boys swim! I'll have to look through my kindle and see if I have anything to recommend. I need to finish Game of Thrones Book 2 so I can catch up on the TV show!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #1600
ashmarie06
DIS Veteran

In the emergency room as I type this! may be looking at gallbladder surgery before or after disney.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #1601
4Joyces
Type A and proud of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmarie06 View Post
In the emergency room as I type this! may be looking at gallbladder surgery before or after disney.
Oh no! I'd do it soon so you can be recovered before you go. Would hate to have an attack while you're there! Hope it works out for you!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #1602
beachmama3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh no!!! My husband went through the same thing exactly two years ago. Luckily, recovery was super quick. Will be thinking of you- hope you are feeling better in no time!!! I have an idea of how painful that is
Old 08-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #1603
SenecaWolf

Quote:
Oh dear! Prayers and pixie dust to you! Hope you recover quickly!

Old 08-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #1604
ashmarie06
DIS Veteran

I'm home now, after 4 hours and a lot of medicine and fluid. They did an informal ultrasound and said that I don't have visible gallstones, but it is inflammed. I will schedule a more in depth ultra sound on Monday. They said depending on what they find then, but I may be able to hold off until after Disney. I will just be eating less Disney burgers and more Disney salads . Thank you everyone for the well wishes. You guys are the greatest!
Old 08-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #1605
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Question for everyone..
Even though I *love* to read, I will probably not bringing a reading book (assuming I won't get time to sit long enough to enjoy it properly).

That said, I will definitely be bringing along some word search and crossword books. I can spend a few minutes or a few hours on them that way. I am a puzzle junkie. I'm weird like that .

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: