Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #136
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlezar View Post
Too funny! I didn't realize other people refer to their phone as a dumb phone too! I'm totally with you on not being able to justify the cost! I figure I'm a stay at home mom so it would definitely be a want, not a need in any way. While other parents play on their phone at soccer practice, I play games or watch movies on my Ipod Touch.

So, last night I started working on a shirt. It's a "hand me up" - my oldest got the shirt when we were in Disney in '09 and it doesn't fit anymore so I pulled it out of his "donate" pile and kept it! Hope this link works: Tower of Terror shirt The design had some cracks in it from wear so I used some white fabric paint to touch it up and I'm planning on going over it with glow in the dark paint. Not sure how good it'll turn out, but it seemed like a fun idea!
I always refer to it as a dumb phone.

I love that shirt.
OneBadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #137
litlpixie
Proudly stalking the CRO since 2001!!

Im trying to add myself to the resort list- and failing miserably. Could someone help me? When I try to add my info and click submit, it tells me that my response is too short---story of my life

litlpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #138
Megs114
Mouseketeer

I have a question for everyone. It may be a dumb question though lol. It been 3 years since we have been to WDW. Do you receive any other Mickey mail besides the ME packet or is that it?
11/98- 1st trip with family, Off Site , 12/00- Contemporary with family, Christmas Trip 5/03- All-Star Sports, Senior Trip 12/04- Off Site with family, Christmas Trip 1/06- 1st trip with DH, Off Site 8/07- 2nd trip with DH, Family Condo 4/08-3rd trip with DH and family, Family Condo 8/08- 4th trip with DH, Family Condo 6/09- All-Star Sports, 5th trip with DH and Family, Engagement! 8/12- All-Star Sports, 6th trip with DH, 1st Anniversary!
, 8/2013, 7th trip with DH, 2nd Anniversary :

Check out our PTR for August 2013!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post49125373
Megs114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #139
litlpixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs114 View Post
I have a question for everyone. It may be a dumb question though lol. It been 3 years since we have been to WDW. Do you receive any other Mickey mail besides the ME packet or is that it?
1st of all there are NO dumb questions on this Team! I just recd a personalized brochure yesterday- a booklet, if you will. Themed in Toy Story style. Pretty cute! Kind of bummed I didnt get any luggage tags, since our ressies are all room-onlys. I will have to use my old ones

Old 07-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #140
beachmama3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post

29 days for me and no Mickey Mail either. I was thinking of starting packing too kinda. I bought special socks that are really thin yet have some cushioning too and I don't want to wear them before the trip so pairs don't go missing. So I wanted to stick them in a suitcase to keep them safe.

Meanwhile I am back to trying to talk my DH into a Value resort. I would love to stay at AKL and I see his point of view that we haven't gone anywhere in a long time and its my first time so we should go all out, but I'm just worried the money thing will dampen my spirits. I got the credit card statement yesterday...

I am in on joining a facebook group too. That will be an easy way to share pics!
I've been throwing things into a duffle bag that I know I won't need until vacay but don't want to forget! And seriously, my kids have not put their clean laundry away for a week- I may just start throwing their clothes into a suitcase just to keep their rooms neat!

I can see both sides of your argument- it would be awesome to stay at AKL. And you totally deserve a wonderful vacation!! Check into moderate resorts if you really are going to worry about the money- POR or POFQ are gorgeous, romantic places to stay if you both decide to switch. (I'm always on the "go all out" and deal with the consequences later side though. True story. )
Old 07-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #141
Megs114
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlpixie

1st of all there are NO dumb questions on this Team! I just recd a personalized brochure yesterday- a booklet, if you will. Themed in Toy Story style. Pretty cute! Kind of bummed I didnt get any luggage tags, since our ressies are all room-onlys. I will have to use my old ones
Hahahaha thank you! Omg when I got that, I was so excited lol. I just didn't know if you get anything after the ME packet
11/98- 1st trip with family, Off Site , 12/00- Contemporary with family, Christmas Trip 5/03- All-Star Sports, Senior Trip 12/04- Off Site with family, Christmas Trip 1/06- 1st trip with DH, Off Site 8/07- 2nd trip with DH, Family Condo 4/08-3rd trip with DH and family, Family Condo 8/08- 4th trip with DH, Family Condo 6/09- All-Star Sports, 5th trip with DH and Family, Engagement! 8/12- All-Star Sports, 6th trip with DH, 1st Anniversary!

Check out our PTR for August 2013!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post49125373
Old 07-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #142
litlpixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmama3 View Post
(I'm always on the "go all out" and deal with the consequences later side though. True story. )
Which is why Im not allowed to hold the checkbook I say to the hubs "you know you could get hit by a bus tommorow!!" and he says "Well if I do, I know that all the life insurance $$ will be going to a week at the Poly!"

Old 07-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #143
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmama3 View Post
I've been throwing things into a duffle bag that I know I won't need until vacay but don't want to forget! And seriously, my kids have not put their clean laundry away for a week- I may just start throwing their clothes into a suitcase just to keep their rooms neat!

I can see both sides of your argument- it would be awesome to stay at AKL. And you totally deserve a wonderful vacation!! Check into moderate resorts if you really are going to worry about the money- POR or POFQ are gorgeous, romantic places to stay if you both decide to switch. (I'm always on the "go all out" and deal with the consequences later side though. True story. )
Good idea about your kid's clothes.

I thought about a moderate but it wouldn't save us much money. The AKL room is discounted because its a non-view room and makes it literally only 5 dollars more than POFQ and 15 or 20 more than POR which would be my choice of Moderate. So I decided that moving down to a moderate wouldn't be worth it. ASMu however would save us over $600. I know it would be smaller and less romantic but saving $600+ would sure make me feel better. But my husband will probably not go for it. He wants to stay in the Contemporary so he feels he is already compromising on a non-view AKL room. I wonder where he got his champagne taste...

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
NightAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #144
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlpixie View Post
Which is why Im not allowed to hold the checkbook I say to the hubs "you know you could get hit by a bus tommorow!!" and he says "Well if I do, I know that all the life insurance $$ will be going to a week at the Poly!"
That is why MY husband does not have the checkbook either!

I guess I should just do it and deal with the consequences later. That's not like me, but who knows when/if we'll ever go again.

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
NightAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #145
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs114 View Post
Hahahaha I have the same fear!! I'm probably going to wind up taking 1/2 day from work so I can get everything done early so I can get some sleep lol
Doesn't work LOL! Last time I had everything packed a week before and had a crazy amount of lists. I still packed until 1/2am the night before and then the last hour before we left I was still repacking. I am awful! Keep thinking of stuff and jumping up to do it.

Quote:
Im trying to add myself to the resort list- and failing miserably. Could someone help me? When I try to add my info and click submit, it tells me that my response is too short---story of my life
Just post the thread and I'll add it - probably later today. Have a LOT to add!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post
That is why MY husband does not have the checkbook either!

I guess I should just do it and deal with the consequences later. That's not like me, but who knows when/if we'll ever go again.
Hahahaha - I would probably be the one to switch to a Value to save $600. I actually had a way to get us into SSR for only an extra $200+. It was a UK deal and my brother lives there and I figured he could help us make the payment, etc. I wavered for a long time and finally decided to save the $200. Also, we could have gotten a mod for an extra $200 but again I decided to save the money. Figure $200 is enough for a frugal overnight trip - and I love our weekend trips!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #146
litlpixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine amj View Post
Just post the thread and I'll add it - probably later today. Have a LOT to add!
Thanks Dear!!

Pop- 8/20 - 8/22
POR- 8/22 -8/25

Old 07-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #147
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Wow this thread really is moving fast! I'm trying to keep up with everyone's ADRs so I apologize if I missed anyone's posts. Feel free to PM me, that might be easier.

Also, as I'm adding more times, I'm noticing a LOT of similar ADRs so be sure to check and see who you might be dining with!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrefan View Post
Joining even though I only have 11 days left Looking forward to checking in online, I think my day is Sunday to do that. Havent started packing yet, just the toiletries and such.

08/01 - 08/08

ALL STAR MUSIC

DINING AND PARKS

8/01 - MAGIC KINGDOM
LIBERTY TREE 6:50

8/02 - ANIMAL KINGDOM
TUSKER HOUSE 9:05

8/03 - EPCOT
CORAL REEF 5:45

8/04 - HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
SCI FI DINE IN 5:50

8/05 - ANIMAL KINGDOM
RAINFOREST CAFE 7:15

8/06 -MAGIC KINGDOM
1900 PARK FARE 8:40
DD (TO BE 8YR OLD)'S BIRTHDAY - SURPRISE BIBBIDI BOBBIDI BOUTIQUE MAKEOVER AT CASTLE 5:20

8/07 - MAGIC KINGDOM
CHEF MICKEY'S 10:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeLiberum View Post
Wow! Nice new thread...

We're at POP 8/25-9/1

8/25: 1900 PF (4:30)
8/26: H&V(8:00)
8/27: Akershus(12:10)
8/28: Tusker House(12:10 p.m.)- she's also doing the Wild about Nature YES class
8/29: CP(8:20); CRT(6:40)
8/30: Chef Mickey's(5:00)
8/31: 1900 PF(11:00)
9/1: 'Ohana(10:55)

We know we'll be in:
8/25- MK
8/26- HS
8/27- EP
8/28- AK
8/29- MK
The rest are up in the air.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
ADRs....these still need some work as I need to add some breakfasts. Not too worried about it though because we always seem to be able to walk in to Captain's Grille, and CRT is so crazy expensive that it's a lot more available now. (Remember when it was easier to win Powerball than get a CRT ADR???)

8/25
Jiko 7:30pm

8/26
Captain's Grille 8:00am
California Grill 5:55pm

8/27
Tusker House 9:30am
Brown Derby 5:30pm

8/28
Akershus 9:30pm

8/29
Crystal Palace 9:30am

DS wants me to add CRT (he loves anywhere that he can actually talk to the characters and have them talk back, plus he's kind of a sucker for attention from lovely ladies ) and after seeing a great family video on youtube, he wants to go to 50s PTC, although I don't think he'll eat anything there. :-\
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #148
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaf516 View Post
Can we be added to the resort list?
8/22-8/25 Beach Club
Sorry, not sure what I was thinking when I typed this! It's supposed to be 8/22 - 8/31.

August 2010 - POR O August 2011 - CBR O February 2012 - Pop O August 2012 - BC O August 2013 - POFQ O August 2014 - POFQ
donnaf516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #149
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

Quote:
TODAY is 30 days from our vacation........It is also my birthday

Happy Friday Team!! love you all!

33 Days for us!

August 2010 - POR O August 2011 - CBR O February 2012 - Pop O August 2012 - BC O August 2013 - POFQ O August 2014 - POFQ
donnaf516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #150
Megs114
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine amj

Doesn't work LOL! Last time I had everything packed a week before and had a crazy amount of lists. I still packed until 1/2am the night before and then the last hour before we left I was still repacking. I am awful! Keep thinking of stuff and jumping up to do it.
Lol it never works for me either but I like to think it will lol

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: