Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #136
OllieDannyandMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Happy Sunday Jamborinis and Kidanites!
That looks so good! Wish I had a glass of jungle juice right now!

My name is Amy, and I'm joining in on the new AKL Number Eight thread. Thanks for putting it together. It looks great!

I will be at Jambo House from August 15th-20th with my 8 year old daughter, Eve.

We leave Richmond, VA, for Orlando on August 7th. We will spend a couple of nights at All Star Movies, a few nights at Coronado Springs, and a few nights in a Royal Guest Room at Port Orleans Riverside, before checking in at AKL.

Right now, at AKL, we have 2 nights in a standard view room and 3 nights at club level, but I am thinking about changing the reservation to all 5 nights at club level. What do you all think?

Adding club level each night would cost the two of us about the same as adding the Disney Dining Plan per night.

My first thought was to only do club level for the last three nights, when we will be sticking around the resort a lot more. But it would be nice to have a Savannah View room all five nights. And it's hot in August. It would be nice to stay close to the lounge and the swimming pool.

I am just afraid my daughter won't be able to coax me into the parks at all those last five nights, if we do club level the whole time.

What do you all think?

Old 07-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #137
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Hi Amy I'd say if you're already thinking about it, go ahead and take the plunge. Firstly, CL is so wonderful, secondly the savannah view is so nice. There is so much to do at the resort, Eve might just be content to stay as well.

You have quite the resort line up, sounds like a fabulous trip!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #138
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwibih View Post
Does anyone know when to expect Christmas decorations to go up in November. I've stayed at WL in the past and they would usually go up about 2 weeks into November. I didn't know if this was standard for all resorts or not.
I don't know for sure, but from the Christmas specials I've seen I think all the decorations go up the same time.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14
Old 07-22-2012, 10:47 AM   #139
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Happy Sunday J's & K's - hope everyone is having a great day!! Raining again here.............. honestly, I feel like I'm about to go stir crazy - I need some sunshine!!!

Brandi - hugs and prayers for your dad!!!

Alison - glad to hear Arline is showing signs of improvement, continued prayers for all of you.

Elin - congrats to your dd - how exciting to be "starting out" - good wishes to her and her roommate!

Welcome to everyone new - glad to have you around and congrats on your trips!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #140
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Good afternoon, Js & Ks!

We got two loads of boxes into the apartment yesterday and the girls are headed up with another load this afternoon. I like the area their complex is in and their apartment reminds me of the one Bob and I started out with 39 years ago! :

Brandi - I know you will be keeping a watchful eye on your Dad to make certain he is fine. You are a good daughter.

Alison - Goodness... Arline surprised everyone, didn't she? I hope all goes well for you all.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 07-22-2012, 11:11 AM   #141
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieDannyandMe View Post

My name is Amy, and I'm joining in on the new AKL Number Eight thread. Thanks for putting it together. It looks great!

I will be at Jambo House from August 15th-20th with my 8 year old daughter, Eve.

We leave Richmond, VA, for Orlando on August 7th. We will spend a couple of nights at All Star Movies, a few nights at Coronado Springs, and a few nights in a Royal Guest Room at Port Orleans Riverside, before checking in at AKL.

Right now, at AKL, we have 2 nights in a standard view room and 3 nights at club level, but I am thinking about changing the reservation to all 5 nights at club level. What do you all think?

Adding club level each night would cost the two of us about the same as adding the Disney Dining Plan per night.

My first thought was to only do club level for the last three nights, when we will be sticking around the resort a lot more. But it would be nice to have a Savannah View room all five nights. And it's hot in August. It would be nice to stay close to the lounge and the swimming pool.

I am just afraid my daughter won't be able to coax me into the parks at all those last five nights, if we do club level the whole time.

What do you all think?
neighbor (almost, anyway...)

I would splurge on all five nights if it is in the budget. I bet you and your daughter will find you are happy that you did.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #142
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

Late to the party as usual

Part 8 looks great Thanks all!

Well, 215 days until my next trip...Currently I've got 1 night @ Jambo savanna view studio (waitlisted for CL) booked..4 night Jambo CL studio all booked...Have to wait a few more days until I can book the last 2 nights.

JetBlue released the air fare for the rest of the month of February and it's bad No way would I book anything today, I'll have to wait and hope it gets better,

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
Old 07-22-2012, 12:26 PM   #143
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
This is amazing news! Prayers that everything goes well!
Thanks, there is a long road ahead of her to even partial recovery, she'll need all the prayers she can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Alison- sorry for jumping the gun, my reading skills have been a bit off this week. Continued prayers for her.
Don't worry, when I got the call Friday night, I was sure it was notification of her passing, but it was that she continued to breathe and opened her eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimchick1984 View Post
That is so exciting.
Thanks! : I hope she is up for the challenge of recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Good Morning and Happy Sunday Js & Ks! I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Alison - I am so happy to hear that Arline improved. She was not ready to go home yet. Prayers for her continued recovery.
it is amazing that she turned around like she did.

Quote:

What do you all think?
Welcome Amy! If your daughter enjoys interesting food, I would just do CL for the whole trip. The breakfast was most helpful for us, there was plenty to keep us full well into the afternoon. And we still went into the parks, but it was nice to come back and enjoy the lounge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post
Happy Sunday J's & K's - hope everyone is having a great day!! Raining again here.............. honestly, I feel like I'm about to go stir crazy - I need some sunshine!!!

Alison - glad to hear Arline is showing signs of improvement, continued prayers for all of you.
I wouldn't mind changing weather with you, sometimes beautiful weather every day can become droll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Good afternoon, Js & Ks!

We got two loads of boxes into the apartment yesterday and the girls are headed up with another load this afternoon. I like the area their complex is in and their apartment reminds me of the one Bob and I started out with 39 years ago! :

Alison - Goodness... Arline surprised everyone, didn't she? I hope all goes well for you all.
Good for you! Moving can always be a pain.

I can only hope that she makes progress like your Bob!
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR |It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 07-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #144
disneymomjcs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy_Girl View Post
okay so didn't have a chance to look through every page to see if anyone else noticed the pair of eerie transparent ppl next to the guy sitting in the chair. I am sure it's just a weird thing that happened with the camera, but they look like ghosts lol
Creepy.......
Old 07-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #145
disneymomjcs
DIS Veteran

Joining the Party...heeyyyyyyyy

Staying starting August 18th for 4 nights at the Contemporary for a Convention, next 5 nights at Old Key West to Celebrate 25 Years Anniversary and then just mother/daughter annual trip staying at AKL Jambo Aug 27 - September 2nd.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #146
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:

What do you all think?
We love CL and really do enjoy it very much...

I have added you to the list...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 07-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #147
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomjcs View Post
Joining the Party...heeyyyyyyyy

Staying starting August 18th for 4 nights at the Contemporary for a Convention, next 5 nights at Old Key West to Celebrate 25 Years Anniversary and then just mother/daughter annual trip staying at AKL Jambo Aug 27 - September 2nd.
Sounds like lots of great fun!

I have added you to the list.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 07-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #148
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I can only hope that she makes progress like your Bob!
Wouldn't that be wonderful?!?

Old 07-22-2012, 11:14 PM   #149
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, Js & Ks!

Figured I would say it now since I am still up and it is tomorrow!

Old 07-23-2012, 12:42 AM   #150
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What do you all think?
We are doing something similar. I booked 6 nights pool view, and 6 nights CL, in August too. Then I decided to add another CL night, but no availability CL was all booked up. I looked and phoned a few days ago. My CL dates are late Aug, so maybe you'll have better luck.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: