Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #496
mom2bmmg
Earning My Ears

I had a 10:00 reservation this past Saturday. They had chicken nuggets out with the Mickey head waffles. My 6 year old was in Heaven. He is my picky eater and enjoyed bouncing from lunch foods to breakfast foods.

There was also the whole section of desserts too. The snicker doodle cookies were nice and soft. The kids ate the dirt cups and jello.

Hope this helps
mom2bmmg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #497
mommamonster
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2bmmg View Post
I had a 10:00 reservation this past Saturday. They had chicken nuggets out with the Mickey head waffles. My 6 year old was in Heaven. He is my picky eater and enjoyed bouncing from lunch foods to breakfast foods.

There was also the whole section of desserts too. The snicker doodle cookies were nice and soft. The kids ate the dirt cups and jello.

Hope this helps
Thank you!!

I wanted to double check before booking breakfast, my oldest DS doesn't care for the characters but loves the buffet and really loved the dessert buffet there. Disneyland is the one place I don't mind him eating dessert wth, or even for breakfast! I get Mickey waffles, littlest DS gets characters, and oldest gets dessert...it's a win for everyone (DH is okay with whatever we want ).

DLR - May/June 2012, October 2013, A free pass day in April 2014
mommamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #498
jitterbug
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to mention that I took a look at Disney Visa's webpage for discounts for my upcoming trip and saw that their discounts have changed from what is posted on the main page of this superthread. Looks like instead of Goofy's Kitchen, it's now Surf's Up at the same 10% discount. It lists PCH Grill discount for breakfast and dinner.

In light of having purchased parkhoppers through Ebates/Orbitz, I'm thinking that the same savings (10% cashback) could be had, given it's still an Orbitz activities listing? Haven't tried it myself, and don't know how accurate pricing is for the character dining, but may be worth checking out to save money. For us, we already have our reservations at Surf's Up, so I'll be using my Visa 10% discount.

Hope this helps!
jitterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #499
egritz
Never too old for Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitterbug View Post
Just wanted to mention that I took a look at Disney Visa's webpage for discounts for my upcoming trip and saw that their discounts have changed from what is posted on the main page of this superthread. Looks like instead of Goofy's Kitchen, it's now Surf's Up at the same 10% discount. It lists PCH Grill discount for breakfast and dinner.
They still had the discount listed on their website in April when I made the reservations (at Goofy's Kitchen) then a week later they said it was no longer offered. The CM spoke to a manager though since I said it showed the discount exactly 1 week prior when I called for the ADR and the manager went ahead and gave me the discount. For 4 adults it ended up being about $17 saved so that was nice.
May 2009 - WDW w/ DH, Wilderness Lodge
September 2009 - DL w/ DH Ramada Maingate (no pics, DH was sick!)
June 2010 - DL w/ family Disneyland Hotel
June 2012 - DL w/ family Fairfield Mariott (DD's 1st trip!
April 2013 - w/ in-laws (their first trip) Residence Inn (South Clementine)
December 2013 - first Christmas trip!!!
egritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #500
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

We have never done PI or PPH for breakfast. After reading on here, most reviews are mixed. Is there one that is preferred over the other? Should I try AG for breakfast instead?

We have done Storytellers breakfast before and GK for dinner, as well as AG for lunch. I am looking for something different that has decent food and fun characters for the kids. My youngest LOVES princesses but she doesn't "need" to see them and the boys get a bit tired of all princesses all the time. So PP or PI seems like a better choice for all of them, but if the food is hands down better at AG, then maybe I should just do that anyway? So confused. Storytellers is nice but not a whole lot of characters, which kinda defeats the purpose IMO. Thank you for any help and for this very thorough thread!

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #501
tiffjoy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
We have never done PI or PPH for breakfast. After reading on here, most reviews are mixed. Is there one that is preferred over the other? Should I try AG for breakfast instead?

We have done Storytellers breakfast before and GK for dinner, as well as AG for lunch. I am looking for something different that has decent food and fun characters for the kids. My youngest LOVES princesses but she doesn't "need" to see them and the boys get a bit tired of all princesses all the time. So PP or PI seems like a better choice for all of them, but if the food is hands down better at AG, then maybe I should just do that anyway? So confused. Storytellers is nice but not a whole lot of characters, which kinda defeats the purpose IMO. Thank you for any help and for this very thorough thread!
We personally don't go to character meals for the food. I actually give my children breakfast before we go so that aren't that hungry (they are grumpy and don't enjoy the characters if they are hungry). They are 4 and almost 2.

We have done all but Storytellers (most of the characters there are unfortunately not recognizable to my kiddos). We love PPH. The character interaction is fantastic and it's never been crowded. I like the food, too, which is a plus. We have had Mickey and Stitch spend half an hour playing with our girls. It's such a great time, and I highly recommend it.

PI is another favorite for different reasons. It's very fast paced with lots of characters. We usually meet 10 or so characters there, which makes it very worth it to us.

AG is pricey for what you get, IMO. We thought the food was good, but the character interaction, the entire reason we go, was not great. Saw 4 princesses for maybe 45 seconds each, all just one time. Meeting Ariel at the beginning for a photo was nice. But you can meet all these characters in line at PFF. We'd rather do that, but we might return sometime as it wasn't horrible.

GK was awful. We met three characters, and we had to practically beg to get them to stop. The other few passed us by. The area was very awkward and big. The food was really good, but we wanted characters. There are good meals elsewhere, but character meals are for characters for us. We will likely never do that one again.

WDW Trips: First trip January 2004! 1/2005, 1/2006, 2/2006, 1/2007, 12/2010, 1/2013
DLR Trips: First trip January 2006! 9/2007, 8/2010, 9/2011, 9/2012, 4/2013, 12/2013

Upcoming:
DLR August 2014 for 5 days for DD4's 5th birthday
WDW January 2015 for 4 days for DD2's 3rd birthday
tiffjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #502
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffjoy View Post
We personally don't go to character meals for the food. I actually give my children breakfast before we go so that aren't that hungry (they are grumpy and don't enjoy the characters if they are hungry). They are 4 and almost 2.

We have done all but Storytellers (most of the characters there are unfortunately not recognizable to my kiddos). We love PPH. The character interaction is fantastic and it's never been crowded. I like the food, too, which is a plus. We have had Mickey and Stitch spend half an hour playing with our girls. It's such a great time, and I highly recommend it.

PI is another favorite for different reasons. It's very fast paced with lots of characters. We usually meet 10 or so characters there, which makes it very worth it to us.

AG is pricey for what you get, IMO. We thought the food was good, but the character interaction, the entire reason we go, was not great. Saw 4 princesses for maybe 45 seconds each, all just one time. Meeting Ariel at the beginning for a photo was nice. But you can meet all these characters in line at PFF. We'd rather do that, but we might return sometime as it wasn't horrible.

GK was awful. We met three characters, and we had to practically beg to get them to stop. The other few passed us by. The area was very awkward and big. The food was really good, but we wanted characters. There are good meals elsewhere, but character meals are for characters for us. We will likely never do that one again.
Thank you. That helps. We agree with you on GK. So maybe I will try PPH this time. Sounds like the character interaction is good there and that is mainly what we want. Thanks

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #503
Ride Junkie
Just skulking around...
I love any activity that requires a helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffjoy View Post
I agree. The Surf's Up breakfast at PPH is the best character meal we've been to (we've tried all except PI). The character interaction there is the best. Your kids will get a lot of one-on-one time, and they come around multiple times. It's less crowded and less expensive than the others, and the food is good. Definitely give it a try.
Ride Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #504
mpadilla89
Earning My Ears

Is a reservation at GK at 7:50 pm too late? They only have 5:30 and 7:50 for our party of 7
Old 12-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #505
DisneyJamieCA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpadilla89 View Post
Is a reservation at GK at 7:50 pm too late? They only have 5:30 and 7:50 for our party of 7
Before our last trip, I would have said yes, but last week we had a 8:10pm reservation and it was amazing! We will always go for a later time now. There wasn't anybody in the lobby when we got there, so Goofy danced around the Christmas tree with my kids. All of the characters in the restaurant came by and stayed for a long time. Alice even had a tea party on the floor with my kids! Some came back a few times. And the food was replenished & hot through out our time even though it was so close to their closing.

Upcoming: Oct 16-19 (DLH); Nov 19-25 (GCH)

DL Onsite - Aug. '06 (GCH), Dec. '06 (GCH), Dec. '07 (GCH), Feb. '12 (DLH) Nov. '12 (GCH), Nov. '13 (DLH), June '14 (PPH)

DL Offsite - Sept. '07, Aug. '08, Aug. '09, Nov. '10, July '11, June '12, Oct. '12

DisneyJamieCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #506
mpadilla89
Earning My Ears

I was just worried because I've read others saying that there weren't that many characters because they were almost closing or food wasn't being brought out. I think we might go for it But we are probably going to be there at 7:30 or is that too early for our 7:50 reservation ? I'm hoping they xan get us earlier
Old 12-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #507
DisneyJamieCA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpadilla89
I was just worried because I've read others saying that there weren't that many characters because they were almost closing or food wasn't being brought out. I think we might go for it But we are probably going to be there at 7:30 or is that too early for our 7:50 reservation ? I'm hoping they xan get us earlier
It's worth a try to get their early. All the food was replenished and the characters we saw were Minnie, Chip, Dale, Goofy, Pluto, Alice, Mad Hatter and I think one more.

Upcoming: Oct 16-19 (DLH); Nov 19-25 (GCH)

DL Onsite - Aug. '06 (GCH), Dec. '06 (GCH), Dec. '07 (GCH), Feb. '12 (DLH) Nov. '12 (GCH), Nov. '13 (DLH), June '14 (PPH)

DL Offsite - Sept. '07, Aug. '08, Aug. '09, Nov. '10, July '11, June '12, Oct. '12

DisneyJamieCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #508
wamommy2four
Mouseketeer

I am reading over this thread still but had a question. We are thinking that we might want to try the Surf's Up Character Meal at PPH. We have never done a character meal before. What would be the best time to come for the most character interaction. Early, middle or late seating? Does it matter what day of the week? We will be arriving on a Sat. but not going into the parks until Mon., so we could do a Sun. to kick off the fun.

Thanks for any advice! I will keep reading this thread for more info too.

Disneyland Memories
March 2003, May 2009, December 2011, Sept. 2012(15th Anniversary Trip), February 2014
wamommy2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:13 AM   #509
mrsashbaugh
<3 DISNEY

Goofy's Kitchen Review

Had reservations for our family of 11 at 5:40pm on Monday, November 25, 2013. We arrived a little before our time and got seated pretty quickly after taking our picture with Goofy. We saw 2 characters in the first 30 minutes we were there. About an hour of being there we saw a total of 5 characters. We left at 7pm and saw all the characters that were there that night. We saw Goofy, Chip & Dale, Pluto, Alice, Mad Hatter, and Minnie. My daughter at 14 months was TERRIFIED of all the characters. We could not get her to take any pics with them because she was so scared. She was ever terrified of Minnie Mouse and she LOVES Minnie. I would say that I didn't quite love our experience there only because we had a huge group. Where we were seated was kinda awkward because we were up against the wall and with a big table hard to get up from and around to see characters every time they came. For my family that wasn't seating by the wall was fine for them. I think we probably would have had more interaction if we were a smaller group. A lot of their time was spent signing all the kids autograph books and taking pictures. As for the food I really enjoyed it. I love chicken nuggets and ate quite a few of them. The pizza was alright and so were the treats. My sister was very happy with her Gluten Free options. The chef took her around with some other Gluten Free people and explained their options and answered any questions they had. They even brought a warm brownie from the kitchen that was made for her. She said it was so good and melted in her mouth. My mom really enjoyed her plate and I believed had Salmon. Here are a few pictures of Alice trying to interact with my daughter.

Here are a few pics of our plates.

As we were leaving I thought, "ahhh, I forgot to take pictures of all the food!" I got a few from our plates but wanted to take pics of the buffet. If I get the chance I would love to come again with just my family to get more of the interaction and have my daughter not be so afraid.

Last edited by mrsashbaugh; 12-06-2013 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Wasn't ready to post yet.
mrsashbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:46 PM   #510
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

bump
longtimedisneylurker is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: