Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #481
DisneyNic
DIS Veteran

Does Goofy's Kitchen breakfast still have chicken nuggets and cheese pizza? What about all of those desserts (pudding, cupcakes, brownies)? I saw pictures that showed these things, but they were from 2010. I am trying to decide between Goofy's or Surf's up and it is the food selections that have me going back and forth. We have some picky eaters and some that don't really like breakfast food.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #482
wildflower329
Earning My Ears

What are the best character meals for gluten free kids? We are planning on doing Ariel's Grotto for one meal and either Goofy's Kitchen or Surf's Up on the day we leave (we wont be doing a park day this day).My daughter is gluten free right now, so I thought I would see what people's experience was with gluten free dining
wildflower329 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #483
6Smiles
DIS Veteran

December 2012 at Minnie and friends Captain Hook takes issue with teen mimicking the Croc:

Tick Tock

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by 6Smiles; 09-05-2013 at 09:22 PM.
6Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #484
fitinmarin
Earning My Ears

My son really only wants to do a character meal if he can see Captain Hook. Anyone know if he regularly goes to the brunch at Goofy's Kitchen?
fitinmarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #485
junmatno
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitinmarin View Post
My son really only wants to do a character meal if he can see Captain Hook. Anyone know if he regularly go to the brunch at Goofy's Kitchen?
Hook is at Minnie's Breakfast regularly at the Plaza Inn
junmatno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #486
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Trying to decide between Minnie & Friends, Goofy's Kitchen or PCH Grill with DD who is nearly 3. Any recommendations?

me miss J my little princess (2)
BringingUpDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #487
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
Trying to decide between Minnie & Friends, Goofy's Kitchen or PCH Grill with DD who is nearly 3. Any recommendations?
My fave is the storytellers or PP character meal with Stitch and Mickey... But for a 3 year old, Minnie's is great because it has the Pooh characters and some others that might be more recognizable for your dd! Enjoy! 3 is such a magical age!

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We are going to attempt to go to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)

Last edited by Mommy2PrincessAbby; 09-10-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #488
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNic View Post
Does Goofy's Kitchen breakfast still have chicken nuggets and cheese pizza? What about all of those desserts (pudding, cupcakes, brownies)? I saw pictures that showed these things, but they were from 2010. I am trying to decide between Goofy's or Surf's up and it is the food selections that have me going back and forth. We have some picky eaters and some that don't really like breakfast food.
Surfs up has a more Polynesian flair to the food (I love it!) but if your kids are picky they'll likely find more brunch type items at goofys...

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We are going to attempt to go to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Old 09-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #489
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
My fave is the storytellers or PP character meal with Stitch and Mickey... But for a 3 year old, Minnie's is great because it has the Pooh characters and some others that MIT be more recognizable for your dd! Enjoy! 3 is such a magical age!
Thank you! I looked at the Storytellers, but she doesn't care as much for the critters yet, I think you are right and Minnie's is the way to go! She is so excited to go to Mickey's house, only 3 more sleeps to go.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #490
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post

Thank you! I looked at the Storytellers, but she doesn't care as much for the critters yet, I think you are right and Minnie's is the way to go! She is so excited to go to Mickey's house, only 3 more sleeps to go.
Have fun! We do all the character meals we can on our trips!

Old 09-11-2013, 12:04 AM   #491
disneyobsessed808
Mouseketeer

My friend and I tried the Surfs Up Breakfast with Mickey and Friends because my friend loves Stitch, and I wanted to make sure his first character meal was awesome, so we HAD to go there. I was pleasantly surprised with everything.

We went last week Tuesday (September 3rd). My friend is vegan, so since I had woken up early, I walked across the street from the GCH to ask if they had anything that could be made for him. The chef said there is rice, fruits, potatoes and they could make waffles for him. I wasn't really sold but my friend really wanted to go to a character meal. (I'm vegetarian myself, and eat vegan food often, so I'm pretty skeptical when places aren't really accommodating).

We arrived around 930 and got in at 935. They noted the food restriction, and brought out the chef to speak with my friend, so I got up and ate

Here is the selection of food that i remember:

Potatoes
Scrambled Eggs
Chicken
Rice (which I appreciated being from Hawaii)
Bacon
Sausage
Salmon & Bagel station
Assorted Fruits
Beef Chilaquiles
Smoothies
Cereal Bar
Pancakes
Waffles
Baked Bananas Foster French Toast
Pastries
Oatmeal
Omelette and Huevos Rancheros (I didn't notice the Huevos Rancheros until I was too full and someone else had ordered. It was listed in really small print at the Omelette station)

Nothing was particularly great - it was buffet food. Though the potatoes were good and the rice was yummy with my eggs (they also have soy sauce if you want for your rice, if you ask).

For my friend, the chef made vegan gluten free waffles which were really good. I liked them better than the buffet waffles. They also had soymilk which was also surprisingly good, not too soy-ish.

Because it wasn't too busy, we got a lot of good time with the characters and took pictures with all of them. It was really fun interacting with the characters - Daisy was telling my friend to get more food after looking at his empty plate, Pluto gave each of us a "kiss", and I got to ask Stitch where was Lilo? (Apparently that was a sore spot for him, since he just looked down. HAHA)

Watching the kids do activities was fun, even if we were only one of two childless groups there (There was another childless group who were not shy about getting time with the characters, so we didn't need to be either). We saw Stitch, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Minnie and of course Mickey

Here's my favorite photo of the day:

Of course, my friend didn't take very good pictures of me, and the pictures I took of him were much better :lol: :rofl:

All in all it was a great time. I have been to Goofy's kitchen and Minnie's at Plaza Inn, but this was probably the best character meal I've had at Disneyland. I was always skeptical because the variety and characters seemed limited but it ended up being more fun than any other character meal before.

Anderson
Headed to Tokyo and Tokyo Disney Resort November 10-24, 2012. Check out my Tokyo Trip Report
Tokyo Disney Resort May 2009, Nov 2012
Disneyland Resort May 2000 (Disneyland Hotel), Jan 2001, Mar 2004, Oct 2005, Nov 2006, Annual Passholder with Monthly trips, 2007 to 2012
Walt Disney World 1987 (I was 2) Mar 1997, Jul 2002 (All Star Movies), May 2007 (Pop Century) and hopefully Sept 2013
disneyobsessed808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #492
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post

Have fun! We do all the character meals we can on our trips!
We try to do so as we'll, we will also have breakfast with Ariel and company. :-)

Old 09-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #493
JennyN
Mouseketeer

Last December one of our party was gluten free. We ate at Goofys kitchen for dinner, I mentioned it when i booked and again when we checked in, someone from the kitchen came out and spoke to my friend telling her what she could and couldn't eat. There were plenty of options for her and it was all very easy.

Disneyland 1985, 93, 96, 98, 99, 02, 03, 05, 07,April 08 and Dec '08, Sept '11 and Dec '11, Nov '12 and July 2013
WDW 03,05,10 and 2011 Disney Wonder Cruise 2010
JennyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #494
PoohBearFriends
DIS Veteran

My Daughter is Gluten Free Also

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyN View Post
Last December one of our party was gluten free. We ate at Goofys kitchen for dinner, I mentioned it when i booked and again when we checked in, someone from the kitchen came out and spoke to my friend telling her what she could and couldn't eat. There were plenty of options for her and it was all very easy.
We went to WCT, Blue Bayo and Goofy's Kitchen

Each resturaunt the chef comes out and speaks to you and makes sure you have options and they meet your needs.

Jolly Holiday also has a fantastic GF Blueberry Muffin she loved and they had GF bread for sandwiches.

ME 43: DF 43: DD 14. DD 12 DGP.DGMA
DLR 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010; 2011 & 2013 DLH
WDW 1974, 1980, 1985 (Mom won a trip), 1995, 1999: 2009 and 2014 POR
PoohBearFriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #495
mommamonster
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNic View Post
I would like to pose this question as well, does Goofy's Kitchen serve the desserts, nuggets, and pizzas at breakfast - I'm wanting to do an early (I'm aiming for the 7 a.m. slot!)breakfast meal but those items are some of my son's favorite things about GK and I want to make sure he can get some worms in dirt (hehe) and pb&j pizza if he wants them Thanks!!

DLR - May/June 2012, October 2013
mommamonster is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: