Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #421
asianway
Kungaloosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheleq View Post
This thread is fantastic -- thank you!

Wondering if Pluto is still at Chef Goofy's? And has he been recently spotted at the Surf's Up breakfast? He's my DD5's favorite
Pluto is at Goofys every day, it would be extremely unusual for him to be a no show. Pluto at Surfs up hit or miss, I'd estimate half the time - we go to PCH every trip so have a good read on the lineup
asianway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #422
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the info on this thread everyone, it's really helped plan our first trip in January
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #423
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

This is a great thread - so helpful! We have two teenagers and a 6-year-old, so we've started to reduce our character dining. After many years of WDW character dining, Garden Grill is the last character meal standing on our rotation!

But we just made a reservation for Goofy's Kitchen brunch in August, and think it's a good choice for us. Our youngest loves Goofy (although if it's just Pluto and no Goofy, he said, "I'm fine with either dog.") And our teens love the fact that the character appearances are random and sometimes not mainstream.

From reports here, it looks like there are quite a few lunch items on the breakfast/brunch buffet - is that still the case? That would be ideal, since our oldest son and I are just OK with breakfast and would prefer salads and lunch items.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #424
jazzkitten
Mouseketeer

Minnie & Friends Breakfast

Hi! First time posting here. I'm planning a 1-year old birthday party and I want to make a reservation at the Minnie and Friends Breakfast in the Park. The party won't be until November and I know that they start taking reservations 60 days prior to the day. But, does this rule apply even if it is for a large party (23 adults, 4 kids, and 4 babies under 3)? Does anyone know? Thanks!
jazzkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #425
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
This is a great thread - so helpful! We have two teenagers and a 6-year-old, so we've started to reduce our character dining. After many years of WDW character dining, Garden Grill is the last character meal standing on our rotation!

But we just made a reservation for Goofy's Kitchen brunch in August, and think it's a good choice for us. Our youngest loves Goofy (although if it's just Pluto and no Goofy, he said, "I'm fine with either dog.") And our teens love the fact that the character appearances are random and sometimes not mainstream.

From reports here, it looks like there are quite a few lunch items on the breakfast/brunch buffet - is that still the case? That would be ideal, since our oldest son and I are just OK with breakfast and would prefer salads and lunch items.
They always have a large selection at the brunch of breakfast & lunch items. A fruit area, a salad area, a pastry/sweets section, kid favorites like: pizza, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, mac & cheese and then the hot section with a mix of both meals offered. You won't be disappointed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzkitten View Post
Hi! First time posting here. I'm planning a 1-year old birthday party and I want to make a reservation at the Minnie and Friends Breakfast in the Park. The party won't be until November and I know that they start taking reservations 60 days prior to the day. But, does this rule apply even if it is for a large party (23 adults, 4 kids, and 4 babies under 3)? Does anyone know? Thanks!
The 60 day rule applies for all party sizes. I would contact them at the 60 day mark so you're able to get close to the time frame you'd like to do the meal.
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #426
jazzkitten
Mouseketeer

Okay, thanks for the reply!! Do you know if I'm allowed to bring outside food/drinks like cupcakes and treats for favors?
jazzkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #427
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzkitten View Post
Okay, thanks for the reply!! Do you know if I'm allowed to bring outside food/drinks like cupcakes and treats for favors?
I don't think you can take food or drink in. The only time I've seen someone bring cupcakes is to the picnic area between the parks.

When you talk with Disney Dining to make the reservation, they can advise you on that & also give you options for purchasing a Disney cake.
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

Old 06-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #428
lucysmom
DIS Veteran

Last Christmas, we enjoyed Goofy Kitchen and Minnie's. We had dinner at Goofy's and breakfast at Minnie's. Now we'd like to try Surf's Up and Storytellers. I know Storytellers is a character meal forBbreakfast only. but, how about Surfs Up? Do they have character dining all day long?
Old 06-26-2013, 10:44 PM   #429
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
They always have a large selection at the brunch of breakfast & lunch items. A fruit area, a salad area, a pastry/sweets section, kid favorites like: pizza, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, mac & cheese and then the hot section with a mix of both meals offered. You won't be disappointed!!
Perfect - thanks so much!!!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:36 PM   #430
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucysmom View Post
Last Christmas, we enjoyed Goofy Kitchen and Minnie's. We had dinner at Goofy's and breakfast at Minnie's. Now we'd like to try Surf's Up and Storytellers. I know Storytellers is a character meal forBbreakfast only. but, how about Surfs Up? Do they have character dining all day long?
Goofy's and Ariel's are the only ones that do lunch and dinner as well as the breakfast.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:52 PM   #431
kimiquin
Earning My Ears

Booking GK

We are heading to DLR this summer and my family is going to experience a character dining experience for the first time. We would like to do brunch at Goofy's Kitchen but wondering what time to book? We would like it later in the morning as we have breakfast included at our hotel. We want to make sure that the characters are still there through our whole meal. TIA
kimiquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #432
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiquin View Post
We are heading to DLR this summer and my family is going to experience a character dining experience for the first time. We would like to do brunch at Goofy's Kitchen but wondering what time to book? We would like it later in the morning as we have breakfast included at our hotel. We want to make sure that the characters are still there through our whole meal. TIA
To be honest with you.....I'm not sure how late the brunch runs. A quick call to Disney Dining will answer that for you. (it may vary on time of year you're going and days) The characters are there from beginning to end. They do take breaks and switch off with other characters during the course of the meal.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #433
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiquin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
To be honest with you.....I'm not sure how late the brunch runs. A quick call to Disney Dining will answer that for you. (it may vary on time of year you're going and days) The characters are there from beginning to end. They do take breaks and switch off with other characters during the course of the meal.
I agree to call Disney Dining to get the definitive answer. My recollection though is that brunch at Goofy's Kitchen runs until noon on weekdays and until 2 PM on weekends and holidays.
longtimedisneylurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:30 AM   #434
TigerlilyAJ
DIS Veteran

Yummiest meal?

For our 2012 vacation, my family ate at (in chronological order):
1) AG for dinner with the princesses, an option that no longer exists, and enjoyed both the high-quality meal that came to our table and the general Special Occasion ambiance with most adults looking nicer than average (the young dad in his white tank-top undershirt *really* stood out in a way he would not have in the park) and many children in costumes. This was our fave character meal.
2) GK for dinner with decent character interaction and OK meal, but nothing of note to eat.
3) M&F for the last seating time, so that when we arrived Minnie was not even there to greet us or take her picture with us. So our PP+ photo from that meal is just us, no character. But we met a dozen other characters and Minnie eventually came to see us and we liked the heartier brunch dishes they had like southwest Tex-Mex hash. A down-side to the last seating was feeling a bit rushed as they started removing our brunch items to make way for the regular lunch menu.
4) Surf's Up on our departure day--but we were all so ill from a bug that the manager came over to make sure nothing was wrong because we were all eating so little. There were only Mickey and Stitch, but the activities looked fun, even if none of us could participate. I ate the oatmeal, wishing I could try the spicier, meatier choices, which looked good even while I was ill. (Because we had purchased vouchers from a third party, they said they could not refund them, so that's why we went ahead and took our seats.) The kids just drank OJ and ate some dry cereal.

So now we're going back in August and want to do one character meal. I really want a meal I enjoy for the *food*, since I have a general disappointment at DLR with the food given the cost of it. (Exceptions are relative values like the corn dogs, soup/chili cones at the Cozy Cone, and soups in bread bowls at the Wharf.) I don't want an AG WOC dinner, though, despite liking the AG food we had for the princess dinner. The kids want characters. How is the new breakfast with the princesses? I've skimmed and used the Find function on the past five pages of this thread, but found nothing. Might we enjoy GK's brunch more than dinner? Try Minnie's at an earlier time? Try Surf's Up when we can actually eat the food? Storyteller's? Where would your recent experiences tell you to go purely for a yummy meal?
TigerlilyAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:53 AM   #435
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerlilyAJ View Post
3) M&F for the last seating time, so that when we arrived Minnie was not even there to greet us or take her picture with us. So our PP+ photo from that meal is just us, no character.
That's the way they always do the photo at Minnie's no matter what time you arrive. No character in the photo. Don't like that they do it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerlilyAJ View Post
Where would your recent experiences tell you to go purely for a yummy meal?
Honestly, I don't go to character meals for good food. I guess though for food quality, Storyteller's is the way to go. Buffet selection is limited, but the food is tasty. Character interaction is just ok.
longtimedisneylurker is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: