Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #376
happydisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

We just got back from Disneyland and we had the Minnie and Friends breakfast. I must say it was the perfect way to start our day. We did not have early entry but were able to get in at 8:10 and bypass the crowd because we had an 8:30 reservation. There was only one family in front of us and we got to walk right in. We took pictures and got to meet a few characters right before heading in to the Plaza Inn for breakfast.

Since there were not that many families there yet, the characters took a long time with out kids. In fact, Tigger held our kids hands and let us to our table. The characters took their time, some of them sat down at one of the empty chairs at our table, and played around with our kids a lot. My kids were so excited. We saw Pooh, Tigger, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Fairy godmother and Captain Hook and I think that was it. As for food, dh and I always have an omelet made to order so we were both satisfied. He also got his coffee and I got my juice so we were good. The kids loved the Mickey-shaped waffles and being able to get their own bottle of chocolate milk but they were too excited to eat which we knew would be the case. For us it was definitely worth it. We got early entry, a lot characters and a lot of interaction with the characters, and a decent breakfast.

happydisneyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #377
StarPinkTink
Basking in the Magic

Thank you so much for posting all this info! We have eaten at Storyteller's Cafe and Ariel's Grotto. Storyteller's was great with all the woodland creatures and entrance into California Adventure. Ariel's was great with the underwater decor and being right on the water. We are SO EXCITED for our reservations at Plaza Inn this time around!! The kids will love it
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #378
Melda
Earning My Ears

Question about food you get with food allergies

I know that if we make reservations and let them know the allergies in advance they can accommodate us. However, I'm wondering what type of food ds will get--will it end up being food from the buffet he's not allergic to (brought from back so there's no chance of cross contamination, of course)? Will they make something extra if needed so that ds can have a more substantial meal? DS is allergic to peanut, dairy, egg and soy (soybean oil and soy lecithin are ok).

Also, if there a particular character meal that would be better for food he could have or would they be similar?

Thanks!

Last edited by Melda; 04-24-2013 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Adding question
Melda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #379
smiles33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melda View Post
I know that if we make reservations and let them know the allergies in advance they can accommodate us. However, I'm wondering what type of food ds will get--will it end up being food from the buffet he's not allergic to (brought from back so there's no chance of cross contamination, of course)? Will they make something extra if needed so that ds can have a more substantial meal? DS is allergic to peanut, dairy, egg and soy (soybean oil and soy lecithin are ok).
DD3 is allergic to peanuts and fish, so not as many as your DS. I was told by the phone reservation agent that fresh food would be made for her at buffet meals to avoid cross-contamination but that was never the case. At Minnie's, I forgot to tell them and ask for the chef. Thankfully they don't serve fish for breakfast and I didn't see peanut butter near the waffles, French toast, pancakes or eggs (stuff DD eats).

At Ariel's, the chef said he was making her entree special since they do serve fish there.

At Goofy's (which has the famous PB&J pizza and peanuts near its sundae bar), the chef just told me to avoid those areas.

I would hope they actually make fresh food for your DS given his more extensive allergies.
smiles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #380
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melda View Post

Also, if there a particular character meal that would be better for food he could have or would they be similar?

Thanks!
The chef will come out and talk to you about the allergies, find out the "likes" of the child and then will custom make their meal for them. Disney goes out of their way to ensure that all guests are able to eat a good meal (and one that is safe or within their dietary needs).
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #381
smiles33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
The chef will come out and talk to you about the allergies, find out the "likes" of the child and then will custom make their meal for them. Disney goes out of their way to ensure that all guests are able to eat a good meal (and one that is safe or within their dietary needs).
Did your child actually get a custom meal at buffet restaurants? Neither of the 2 chefs we talked to last week asked about DD3's likes. The Ariel's chef just asked which entree she wanted and said he'd separately prepare that. But at Goofy's, the chef told us to just get the food off the regular buffet line. The reservation agent promised us it would be custom cooked, but like I said, the Goofy's chef just told me to avoid the PB&J pizza and the peanuts at the dessert bar.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #382
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles33 View Post
Did your child actually get a custom meal at buffet restaurants? Neither of the 2 chefs we talked to last week asked about DD3's likes. The Ariel's chef just asked which entree she wanted and said he'd separately prepare that. But at Goofy's, the chef told us to just get the food off the regular buffet line. The reservation agent promised us it would be custom cooked, but like I said, the Goofy's chef just told me to avoid the PB&J pizza and the peanuts at the dessert bar.
Our daughter is allergic to wheat, eggs, peanuts & tree nuts......so they would go through the buffet on what was safe but they will make things too. If gluten is an issue.....they can make you a plate of gluten free Mickey waffles!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #383
smiles33
DIS Veteran

Wow that is great service! I guess our DD's allergies didn't justify special treatment beyond just avoiding the 2 peanut items.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #384
Peytonthe1st
Princess in Training

Love this thread! Thanks!

Peytonthe1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #385
micheleq
DIS Veteran

This thread is fantastic -- thank you!

Wondering if Pluto is still at Chef Goofy's? And has he been recently spotted at the Surf's Up breakfast? He's my DD5's favorite

CB 1/01 SSR 12/08 YC-CL 10/11 SSR 11/14
Magic Western Caribbean 2/12
Wonder Easter 3/13 Western Caribbean
Fantasy Easter 4/14 Eastern Caribbean
DL PPH-CL 8/13
micheleq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #386
Freesia123
DIS Veteran

Anyone have updated prices for the Minnie and friends breakfast?
Freesia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #387
GetMeToDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesia123 View Post
Anyone have updated prices for the Minnie and friends breakfast?
Went to Minnie's on Monday. It was 23.99 for adults and 11.99 for kids.
GetMeToDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:51 PM   #388
GetMeToDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheleq View Post

Wondering if Pluto is still at Chef Goofy's? And has he been recently spotted at the Surf's Up breakfast? He's my DD5's favorite
Have reservations for Goofy's tomorrow, I can give you an update after :-)
Old 05-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #389
smiles33
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes, Pluto was at Goofy's Kitchen as of April 14. This is a terrible photo but it's Chef Pluto so I thought I'd include it:

Old 05-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #390
GetMeToDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Pluto was at Goofy's this morning. There were 8 characters total: Goofy, Pluto, Chip, Dale, Mulan, Baboo, Mad Hatter, and Rafiki.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: