Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 11:11 PM   #256
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,703

I am thinking of having breakfast at the Plaza Inn or at Goofy Kitchen of a possible upcoming trip with three adults and a 2 year old. She wants to meet Minnie and Cinderella. I did experience Minnie & Friends character breakfast at the Plaza Inn in the past. I have also heard from others that Minnie might be available at GK during dinner. I want to ask anyone who has done GK if they seen Minnie at GK during breakfast or she will only be their during dinnertime? Also I want to ask if they have seen Cinderella at GK during breakfast time or dinnertime?

Thank you for your help.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:31 PM   #257
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
I am thinking of having breakfast at the Plaza Inn or at Goofy Kitchen of a possible upcoming trip with three adults and a 2 year old. She wants to meet Minnie and Cinderella. I did experience Minnie & Friends character breakfast at the Plaza Inn in the past. I have also heard from others that Minnie might be available at GK during dinner. I want to ask anyone who has done GK if they seen Minnie at GK during breakfast or she will only be their during dinnertime? Also I want to ask if they have seen Cinderella at GK during breakfast time or dinnertime?

Thank you for your help.
I personally have seen Minnie at breakfast & dinner at GK but haven't been lucky enough to see Cinderella.
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-29-2012, 11:57 PM   #258
rosie2283
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 287

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c
I am thinking of having breakfast at the Plaza Inn or at Goofy Kitchen of a possible upcoming trip with three adults and a 2 year old. She wants to meet Minnie and Cinderella. I did experience Minnie & Friends character breakfast at the Plaza Inn in the past. I have also heard from others that Minnie might be available at GK during dinner. I want to ask anyone who has done GK if they seen Minnie at GK during breakfast or she will only be their during dinnertime? Also I want to ask if they have seen Cinderella at GK during breakfast time or dinnertime?

Thank you for your help.
We had Cinderella last October at GK brunch!!
rosie2283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #259
cgh
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 330

We had Minnie and Cinderella at dinner time at Goofy's on Friday, August 10th this past summer. Minnie is pretty constant but the princesses change at Goofy's Kitchen.

ETA: We've eaten at Goofy's Kitchen 3 times, and every time we have gone she has been there.
__________________
cgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #260
bveilleu
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 52

Is it better to buy a voucher in advance or pay directly when going at a character meal? Moneywise is it the same? Will probably go mid-october but unsure where at this point. Thank You
bveilleu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #261
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by bveilleu View Post
Is it better to buy a voucher in advance or pay directly when going at a character meal? Moneywise is it the same? Will probably go mid-october but unsure where at this point. Thank You
This is a great question!! I've never purchased the vouchers myself, but have looked into them a few times. I think you can save money on them, especially if you are going during "peak" seasons when they raise the price. I think the best way to see if you'd gain anything by going this route for your upcoming trip is to call Disney Dining and inquire on the prices for the meals you're interested in and your dates. As far as I've seen, the vouchers stay pretty much the same price and don't fluctuate with the seasons.
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #262
krispin41
DIS Veteran
 
krispin41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 818

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver

This is a great question!! I've never purchased the vouchers myself, but have looked into them a few times. I think you can save money on them, especially if you are going during "peak" seasons when they raise the price. I think the best way to see if you'd gain anything by going this route for your upcoming trip is to call Disney Dining and inquire on the prices for the meals you're interested in and your dates. As far as I've seen, the vouchers stay pretty much the same price and don't fluctuate with the seasons.
I like the convenience of the vouchers and used them on my last two trips. I usually do the packages through AAA, and like that I am able to pay in installments. I was also buying gift cards to use at quick service and for souvenirs. For example, my DH and I used our vouchers at Ariel's, (mid-July) our meal with tax and tip, (and just regular soft drinks) was a little over $90. So for us, it was a good buy.
krispin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #263
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispin41 View Post
I like the convenience of the vouchers and used them on my last two trips. I usually do the packages through AAA, and like that I am able to pay in installments. I was also buying gift cards to use at quick service and for souvenirs. For example, my DH and I used our vouchers at Ariel's, (mid-July) our meal with tax and tip, (and just regular soft drinks) was a little over $90. So for us, it was a good buy.
Thank You for this information!!! I do packages thru Disney Travel for the same reasons.......being able to make payments!! I like paying as much in advance as possible but have gone to putting meal money onto Disney Gift Cards. I'm glad the vouchers were easy to use AND a good buy!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #264
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us
 
DSNY4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: N. California
Posts: 3,114

We are doing out first Disneyland character breakfast in November (Minnie and Friends)- thank you for all this info!

Since you pay up front at the cashier before you sit down, does that mean our large group can all pay for their own families up front? Some people in our group have vouchers and some do not so I am hoping this worked rather than having to split up the bill.

It is typical for them not to give an early reservation to a large group? I called 60 days out, but the only available time they would give me was 9:40 am which I was surprised since I called 60 days out for a Wednesday morning. I am sort of sad that we have to waste park time now and I had really wanted to get in the first seating
__________________
"Being green is not a trend. It is, perhaps, the most important challenge of our time." -John Fahey-

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #265
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 3,458

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY4ever View Post
We are doing out first Disneyland character breakfast in November (Minnie and Friends)- thank you for all this info!

Since you pay up front at the cashier before you sit down, does that mean our large group can all pay for their own families up front? Some people in our group have vouchers and some do not so I am hoping this worked rather than having to split up the bill.

It is typical for them not to give an early reservation to a large group? I called 60 days out, but the only available time they would give me was 9:40 am which I was surprised since I called 60 days out for a Wednesday morning. I am sort of sad that we have to waste park time now and I had really wanted to get in the first seating
That might be the first seating. Are you going Nov. 7 or Nov. 14? Official park opening on those days is 10 AM. Guests will be allowed onto Main Street starting at 9:30 AM. First reserved seating for Minnie's is usually 10 minutes after the gates open, so 9:40 would be a first seating of the day.
longtimedisneylurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #266
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran
 
Mommy2PrincessAbby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,934

just bumping, because I had to go searching to find the thread. I have a premium and regular character meal voucher... the girl on the phone at DD told me that the gratuity would be automatically added and is included in the voucher, so I needed to double check what the most expensive meals are (Ariel's for premium, and Surf's Up for regular it seems)... so I'll use my vouchers there!
__________________
hubby and I & princess Abby (10 y.o.)


Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #267
mellers
DIS Veteran
 
mellers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
I am thinking of having breakfast at the Plaza Inn or at Goofy Kitchen of a possible upcoming trip with three adults and a 2 year old. She wants to meet Minnie and Cinderella. I did experience Minnie & Friends character breakfast at the Plaza Inn in the past. I have also heard from others that Minnie might be available at GK during dinner. I want to ask anyone who has done GK if they seen Minnie at GK during breakfast or she will only be their during dinnertime? Also I want to ask if they have seen Cinderella at GK during breakfast time or dinnertime?

Thank you for your help.
I'd recommend Goofy's Kitchen over the Plaza Inn.
__________________
Mellers DH DD


mellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #268
twinsr241
Mouseketeer
 
twinsr241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 213

Are Chip and Dale always at the GCH Critter Breakfast?

My boys adore Chip and Dale so I was going to schedule breakfast at the GCH Critter Breakfast. I am assuming Chip and Dale are always there, but would love if someone could confirm this.

I am planning a Critter Breakfast and a Dinner at Goofy's Kitchen during our 4 day trip in early November.
__________________
2005 - Pop Century 6 Nights during "Free Dining"
2006 - Pop Century 7 Nights during "Free Dining"
2007 - DCL 7 Day Eastern Caribbean/3 nights at Beach Club
2008 - Pop Century 8 Nights during "Free Dining"
2009 - DCL 7 Day Western Caribbean
2010 - Disney Land Grand Californian & San Diego
2011 - DCL 7 Day Eastern Caribbean
2011 - DCL 3 Day Girls only on Dream
2012 - DCL 5 Day Dream Double Dip and Universal

twinsr241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #269
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsr241 View Post
My boys adore Chip and Dale so I was going to schedule breakfast at the GCH Critter Breakfast. I am assuming Chip and Dale are always there, but would love if someone could confirm this.

I am planning a Critter Breakfast and a Dinner at Goofy's Kitchen during our 4 day trip in early November.
None of the characters are guaranteed at any of the meals......but with that said......Chip & Dale make appearances at Storytellers, Goofy's Kitchen and Minnie & Friends.
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #270
MICKEYFIL
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsr241 View Post
My boys adore Chip and Dale so I was going to schedule breakfast at the GCH Critter Breakfast. I am assuming Chip and Dale are always there, but would love if someone could confirm this.

I am planning a Critter Breakfast and a Dinner at Goofy's Kitchen during our 4 day trip in early November.
We were at Plaza Inn for breakfest on September 28th and had Chip and Dale there along with Pooh, Minnie, Eeyore and Captain Hook
MICKEYFIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: