Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #211
Ride Junkie
Just skulking around...
I love any activity that requires a helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Sue Oz View Post
We have done all the character breakfasts and our favourite was Surf's Up. The interaction with the characters was fabulous. Goofy's was our least favourite as they seemed to just pass us by! Minnie's we did twice last trip and it was the best for the most number of characters at any of the breakfasts on offer. Storytellers we liked as it was a little more relaxed and as others have said, different characters that you don't see anywhere else!
We also did the lunch at Ariels and for what seems to be different to most people, we really were not fussed on the food. We will however be going back on our trip in October, but will be doing breakfast this time!

I thought I would just mention too, that the little surfing lessons that they have with surfer music and carpet surfboards can be fun for the big kid in us all.......
I agree! So much fun. You can't help but get up and dance. Truly the happiest breakfast on earth! Great pics!
Old 08-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #212
ams1201
Mouseketeer

We have done Goofys every time we have gone and never ventured out. In October I want to try something new. I am an eggs Benedict freak! Where do they serve it?
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #213
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

I can't decide which character meal, if any, I want to do this fall. It's driving me bonkers

It will be me (16) and my mom. We will be in the parks two and a half days, with one day taken up seeing the Ellen show (if we get tickets, and even if we do, that night should probably be free). I love the princesses, but I also like the classic characters. I would ideally like to see a lot of characters, so I looked into Minnie and Friends, but now I'm not sure. It seems to have a lot of random characters, like Max. I have no desire to see Max. And also, I'm not a huge breakfast eater. So I thought about Ariel's, but it seems expensive and not worth it based on food. I think it is specifically the appetizer tray that is turning me off. It looks really crappy.

Someone help?

theworldneedscolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:29 PM   #214
ballarinamom
DIS Veteran

The "Appetizer tray" is really like a salad. I think it's one of the better quality meals. But goofus is my favorite dinner..

Me (44 yikes!) , DH (46) , DD (11)
ballarinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:11 AM   #215
Rubygoose
DIS Veteran

I see that several people have recently seen Belle at Goofy's Kitchen. She is my daughter's favorite princess. We're doing Goofy's on the Saturday evening when we arrive, then Ariel's on Monday. Is there usually at least one princess at Goofy's? DD5 is going to wear her Belle dress to Ariel's, but I'm thinking I better bring it along to Goofy's just in case Belle is there (DD would be so upset if she wasn't wearing the dress to meet Belle!)
Rubygoose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:10 AM   #216
nzer
Earning My Ears

Just a quick question...
We are heading to DL in January and are really keen to do 1 or 2 character meals. I was wondering how strict are they on 10yrs being adult price. Our daughter, who has just turned 10 is tall but very slim and definitely wouldn't eat anywhere near an 'adult' size meal....it would be a waste of money that we could spend elsewhere. I don't want to sound cheap... (and we will probably still do at least one meal anyway) but has anyone any experience as to whether they check ages? Thanks heaps for any help.

First visit to Disneyland Easter 1994

First visit to Disneyland Paris 1993
nzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #217
cgh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
I can't decide which character meal, if any, I want to do this fall. It's driving me bonkers

It will be me (16) and my mom. We will be in the parks two and a half days, with one day taken up seeing the Ellen show (if we get tickets, and even if we do, that night should probably be free). I love the princesses, but I also like the classic characters. I would ideally like to see a lot of characters, so I looked into Minnie and Friends, but now I'm not sure. It seems to have a lot of random characters, like Max. I have no desire to see Max. And also, I'm not a huge breakfast eater. So I thought about Ariel's, but it seems expensive and not worth it based on food. I think it is specifically the appetizer tray that is turning me off. It looks really crappy.

Someone help?
How about Goofy's? It's as expensive as Ariel's but it is a mix of classic characters and princesses. I would say that Goofy's and Minnie's has the same amount of characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubygoose View Post
I see that several people have recently seen Belle at Goofy's Kitchen. She is my daughter's favorite princess. We're doing Goofy's on the Saturday evening when we arrive, then Ariel's on Monday. Is there usually at least one princess at Goofy's? DD5 is going to wear her Belle dress to Ariel's, but I'm thinking I better bring it along to Goofy's just in case Belle is there (DD would be so upset if she wasn't wearing the dress to meet Belle!)
This year, we had princesses at both our Goofy's Kitchen meals. Last year, we had Alladin. I would probably go ahead and wear the costume but don't tell there'd be a princes. Prepare her for no princesses and then hopefully one would be there.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #218
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgh View Post
How about Goofy's? It's as expensive as Ariel's but it is a mix of classic characters and princesses. I would say that Goofy's and Minnie's has the same amount of characters.
That's what I'm leaning towards, I think. How would you rate the food, on a scale of one to five? And you think the character variety/interaction is good? Is there a difference in characters between breakfast and dinner? Which meal do you enjoy more? And if you have one of the earlier reservations for breakfast, are all the characters still out?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I just can't decide

Old 08-25-2012, 08:06 AM   #219
cgh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
That's what I'm leaning towards, I think. How would you rate the food, on a scale of one to five? And you think the character variety/interaction is good? Is there a difference in characters between breakfast and dinner? Which meal do you enjoy more? And if you have one of the earlier reservations for breakfast, are all the characters still out?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I just can't decide
i think the character interaction is excellent. The food is decent. We tend to eat gourmet food. They have much variety and I enjoyed it. I'm sure many would list it as a 5.

We did dinner, so I can't speak to breakfast. Generally, I prefer spending the morning doing rides when it is slow at the park-that's why i really really like the dinner option. We normally do that the day we arrive.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #220
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgh View Post
i think the character interaction is excellent. The food is decent. We tend to eat gourmet food. They have much variety and I enjoyed it. I'm sure many would list it as a 5.

We did dinner, so I can't speak to breakfast. Generally, I prefer spending the morning doing rides when it is slow at the park-that's why i really really like the dinner option. We normally do that the day we arrive.
Thanks!

Any opinions on breakfast? If we did breakfast, it would be on a non-park day, so no worries there.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #221
VictoriaAndMatt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor

Thanks!

Any opinions on breakfast? If we did breakfast, it would be on a non-park day, so no worries there.
We've done breakfast and dinner there and prefer breakfast. It's really good and DS can't get enough of their sausages lol.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #222
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

This has been the PERFECT thread for me! I have been to Disneyland a LOT... but have NEVER done a character breakfast. We have a big family trip coming up and since my 8yo son is getting to "that age" I am afraid this is our last chance for all the kids to enjoy a character meal. We are going to check out the Minnie and Friends breakfast in October. Thanks to DizNee Luver for starting this awesome thread and keeping up with it!!!

Last edited by ten6mom; 08-28-2012 at 12:38 PM.
ten6mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #223
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

First off, THANK YOU to those that are keeping up & answering questions!!! I am still without my laptop, so computer time is very limited. Our hope was, this thread would take off and all the wonderful DISers would keep it jumping!!! Glad to see, I don't have to be here everyday!!

I didn't read all the way back, but if you asked a question and didn't get an answer, feel free to ask again.....somedays this thread is very active and then it hits a lull......we don't want anyone to think we're ignoring them!!

I hope to have my laptop back in the next week or so.....sure miss getting on here!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #224
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Earliest breakfast times

I had asked about the earliest breakfast time for the Plaza Inn and I just wanted to share what info I was given.
For Plaza Inn the park is expected to be open at 9am, and the earliest seating time was 8:40 - with or without any Magic Morning or early entry.
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream
readytogotodisney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:40 PM   #225
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

This thread always makes me want to add in Minnie's to the busy mix! I figured we will definitely do Ariel's, likely for lunch (princess lover in the fam). I also figured we would do Surf's Up on the morning we leave to drive back to the ILs' house, kind of a fun send-off. I am thinking about possibly doing Goofy's for dinner after we drive in as an intro. To put Minnie's in the mix will definitely be busy! At least I have time to decide....

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: