Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2014, 11:59 AM   #1
CashKeenanHenleysMom
Mouseketeer

Any luck with Halloween Party tickets?

Hey! Ive been on hold forever!! I got thru earlier and they told me they were having issues with tickets and that I needed to call back after 8am..
I have been on hold 3 different time for 30 mins and get hung up on..
Has anyone gotten thru and been able to purchase tickets yet?
I just don't want to wait again and be told the issue wasn't fixed!
2006 Disneyland
1989 Polynesian/Disney Cruise
1987 Polynesian

CashKeenanHenleysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

There was a pretty lively discussion/reports going on in the HalloweenTime superthread with folks reporting that they lines were either down or overloaded.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....270919&page=47

The best advice at this moment is to wait. If you're an AP holder you can purchase the tickets online. Otherwise, give it a couple of hours and the system should be okay.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
DisneyJamieCA
DIS Veteran

I was able to order mine online (AP holder) but haven't gotten any email confirmation yet, so I am on hold to see if they can help me find my tickets. Earlier the phone line said it had been disconnected. I've gotten through now, but am on hold. Trying to be patient

Upcoming: Oct 16-19 (DLH); Nov 19-25 (GCH)

DL Onsite - Aug. '06 (GCH), Dec. '06 (GCH), Dec. '07 (GCH), Feb. '12 (DLH) Nov. '12 (GCH), Nov. '13 (DLH), June '14 (PPH)

DL Offsite - Sept. '07, Aug. '08, Aug. '09, Nov. '10, July '11, June '12, Oct. '12

DisneyJamieCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:50 PM   #4
CashKeenanHenleysMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
There was a pretty lively discussion/reports going on in the HalloweenTime superthread with folks reporting that they lines were either down or overloaded.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....270919&page=47

The best advice at this moment is to wait. If you're an AP holder you can purchase the tickets online. Otherwise, give it a couple of hours and the system should be okay.

I finally got thru. Im a Disney Visa Holder and read that I couldn't get the discount unless I called.. Which appears to be true. Got my 5 tickets for Wednesday, October 8!!! So excited!!!
2006 Disneyland
1987 Polynesian

Old 07-16-2014, 01:52 PM   #5
CashKeenanHenleysMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJamieCA View Post
I was able to order mine online (AP holder) but haven't gotten any email confirmation yet, so I am on hold to see if they can help me find my tickets. Earlier the phone line said it had been disconnected. I've gotten through now, but am on hold. Trying to be patient

I haven't gotten my email confirmation yet either. I figured I'd give it a few hours. Its been about 1 hour since I finished my call.
2006 Disneyland
1987 Polynesian

Old 07-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #6
DisneyJamieCA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashKeenanHenleysMom View Post
I haven't gotten my email confirmation yet either. I figured I'd give it a few hours. Its been about 1 hour since I finished my call.
I did finally get through on the phone and they show my purchase, which is all I was really worried about. She said to give it about 24hrs because of the overload to the system. She also said that because they showed them, if I never get the email, they can always print them out the ticket booth for me.

Upcoming: Oct 16-19 (DLH); Nov 19-25 (GCH)

DL Onsite - Aug. '06 (GCH), Dec. '06 (GCH), Dec. '07 (GCH), Feb. '12 (DLH) Nov. '12 (GCH), Nov. '13 (DLH), June '14 (PPH)

DL Offsite - Sept. '07, Aug. '08, Aug. '09, Nov. '10, July '11, June '12, Oct. '12

DisneyJamieCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #7
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I finally got thru. Im a Disney Visa Holder and read that I couldn't get the discount unless I called.. Which appears to be true. Got my 5 tickets for Wednesday, October 8!!! So excited!!!
Of course it's true! I put the info about the Visa Rewards Cards holders buying tickets over the phone in the Halloween Time Superthread because I knew it to be true! We're not just putting out bogus information in that thread, after all!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #8
Gisele
I love honey, but not the sting of bee's
Please do not forget to mail me my chocolate caramel apple before y'all leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E

Of course it's true! I put the info about the Visa Rewards Cards holders buying tickets over the phone in the Halloween Time Superthread because I knew it to be true! We're not just putting out bogus information in that thread, after all!
Yeah! Not everyone posts tiny tales. Lol

~~ Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose ~~ Janis
Gisele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #9
CashKeenanHenleysMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJamieCA View Post
I did finally get through on the phone and they show my purchase, which is all I was really worried about. She said to give it about 24hrs because of the overload to the system. She also said that because they showed them, if I never get the email, they can always print them out the ticket booth for me.
Good to know! Thanks for the info!!
2006 Disneyland
1987 Polynesian

Old 07-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #10
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisele View Post
Yeah! Not everyone posts tiny tales. Lol
Very true, Gisele!

No tiny tales from me. I only post the tall tales.

(Just kidding!)

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 07-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #11
CashKeenanHenleysMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Im sorry if you misunderstood what I wrote to mean that I was doubting you. What I read in the thread was "As of 2013 you couldn't get your discount online". Its been a year so I thought I would try it to see if anything has changed since I was having a hard time getting thru on the phone.
I wasn't meaning that I didn't believe you.
2006 Disneyland
1987 Polynesian

Old 07-16-2014, 02:31 PM   #12
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Im sorry if you misunderstood what I wrote to mean that I was doubting you. What I read in the thread was "As of 2013 you couldn't get your discount online". Its been a year so I thought I would try it to see if anything has changed since I was having a hard time getting thru on the phone.
I wasn't meaning that I didn't believe you.
No worries!

The "Which appears to be true" sentence sounded to me as if you doubted what you read, not that you wondered if anything had changed in 2014. That's why I spoke up! -- and I didn't want anyone lurking (there are many, many people who lurk) to get the idea that what they read in the Superthread is not true, or might not be true.

The tickets for Disney Visa people and DVC people have been sold over the phone for the last few years, but I just put 2013 in my MHP FAQ text (and in any answer I gave to a question about it) because it was the most recent year to reference.

Unless Disney ever implements a way for Disney Visa people and DVC people to order online and get the discounts applied, the phone lines will probably be the only way to order tickets for them, unfortunately.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:00 PM   #13
jenmaster
Earning My Ears

Finally got through after 2 hours

It took me 4 calls and 2 hours but I finally got mine. A person on the chat on the disney website said I could buy all my tickets there when not everyone was going to have an ap when we entered the gate, from past experience I didn't trust this, so got back on the phone again. The cast member was very friendly and it only took about 3 minutes once I finally got to a human being. Where else would I spend an entire morning on hold paying long distance fees??? Nowhere. What is wrong with this picture? Going to the 1st party on 9-26 can't wait. Good luck on hold everyone, hang in there.
jenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #14
DznyDiva13
Earning My Ears

Got my tickets over the phone at 9am with my Disney Visa. Oct. 10th can not wait! Was on hold for a long time.
DznyDiva13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:24 PM   #15
Iggipolka

DIS Veteran

I called at 3:30pm PST and got through right away. Got the DVC discount for the Oct 3rd party and was off the phone within 15 minutes. Woohoo!

DVC owners at AKV, VGC & Aulani
Iggipolka is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: