Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2014, 07:22 PM   #1
ZoeBell
Mouseketeer

Last minute questions

A few last minute questions before we head to California and to Disney for a day.

Since we are only there for one day and are tackling both parks is there anything that is a must see or do? Sadly, I know we can't do it all.

Fast passes? I read on here RSR FS are now connected to the other FS? Should that change our strategy. A strategy we really didn't have mind you. We are there on a Monday and I believe it's early hours for CA. Are we best to head into CA first to try and do RSR?

Is there WiFi in the park?

How about phone charging? Are there plugs around? I read about charging lockers? Are they conveniently located? Is it worth it? Or should I just buy portable chargers?

Last question, I tried to buy tickets on line but because I was paying with $50 gift cards, I couldn't purchase online. I tried calling and was told I could only use 3 for the whole purchase. Is there any way around this? Like could I purchase 3 separate tickets each using 3 GC? Or am I stuck buying at the gate? If I bought on the phone do they send you the tickets in the mail? Email?

Thanks in advance.
ZoeBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #2
SMD
DIS Veteran

I'll answer some.

No WiFi in the parks. There are a few plugs, but CMs are supposed to ask you not to charge. If there happens to be one in a restaurant, they seem pretty lenient. The charging lockers in DL are currently closed because the locker area is being used for first aid. They're not really that convenient. You pay by the hour, if you go over by 1 minute, you pay for another hour. There are some with cords, but those go first. Do you really want to be tethered to an outlet or have to go back to a locker after an hour? Just buy the portable charger, you'll have your freedom and they're useful in more places than just DLR.

Are you going for rope drop? I'd probably just get there really early, have one person to to the ticket booth and everyone else line up to enter the park.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #3
lk2500
Mouseketeer

Depends on your priorities. All FP rides are connected on each side now and FP return times are enforced. DCA is not connected to DL and WOC is disconnected.

If you want to ride RSR three times do wide right, grab FP's for RSR, then grab another set when those expire.

If you want to ride RSR twice whenever then wide right, grab FP's for RSR, then ride TSMM, Screamin', etc...

If you want to ride RSR at night then do wide right, TSMM, Screamin', Soarin', then start checking FP times at RSR.

Cram in TOT, Monsters, and whatever other rides you can. Maybe grab a FP to ride GRR later in the day (prior to taking a break in case you get wet). Then head over to the DL side around lunch time. Grab FP's for Indie, ride POTC, etc...

Best purchase I made was a portable battery for my cell phones. I bought this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AA6CS86/

You can get 2-3 charges out of it. Only worrisome thing is that it does get hot when it charges your phone. I assume that's fine but it's a bit unnerving if it's in your pocket, lol...
lk2500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: