Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #1
heartse
Mouseketeer
 
heartse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 293

Restaurant Recommendations for 10th Anniversary

DH and I are going to DLR for our 10th anniversary, and DD(she will be 8 at that point) will be with us.

Any recommendations for a nice dinner?
__________________

I've eaten at 37 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (15%)
I've eaten at 21 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (24%)
I've eaten at 15 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (21%)
I've eaten at 0 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (0%)
I've eaten at 0 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (0%)
heartse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:16 AM   #2
Aladora
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: An island, off the Left Coast of Canada
Posts: 817

It depends on what you are looking for in a meal.

If it is ambiance then absolutely go for Blue Bayou, get there early and be willing to wait for a waterside table.

If you are foodies and cost is not an issue, then I would go to Napa Rose and sit at the chef's table.

If you want something between those two, then I would go to Carthay Circle.

DH and I went to DL for our honeymoon and we are about to go back to celebrate our 15th anniversary. We really wanted to go to NR but it's closed for renos so we are going back to Steakhouse 55 which is where we went on our last night of our honeymoon!
__________________
Susan
When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt!
Aladora is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-08-2014, 11:22 AM   #3
crystal1313
DIS Veteran
 
crystal1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Martinez, CA
Posts: 1,690

Would do Carthay or Steakhouse 55 at the DLH.
__________________
Our Mickey's Halloween Trip Report 10/11/13 dressed as TRON: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186334
crystal1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:26 AM   #4
ClosetDisneyJunkie
Mouseketeer
 
ClosetDisneyJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartse View Post
DH and I are going to DLR for our 10th anniversary, and DD(she will be 8 at that point) will be with us.

Any recommendations for a nice dinner?
Burgers at Tomorrowland Terrace?

- note that I'm divorced.

No but seriously: Blue Bayou has a wonderful atmosphere if you get the right seat (near the water, mention your anniversary), and might be fun for your daughter too. The food is good, probably overpriced for the quality, but pretty good.

Other than that I think that it depends on what you are looking for: atmosphere vs. food (not that you can't have both), but not too stuffy for DD.

If you like a good steak you might try Steakhouse 55. Not sure how it is for kiddos though.

Napa Rose and Carthay Circle are (IMO) the creme de la creme of DLR restaurants. Both are delicious, and both can be a little pricey, but are beautiful. For a 10th wedding anniversary these are probably your two best bets, but take a look at the menus.

Note that at Carthay Circle you can also get dining packages (app, entree, dessert) that will also get you vouchers for preferred, reserved seating for the WOC show, if you're into that. Dinner and dessert followed by WOC could be pretty nice...
ClosetDisneyJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:33 PM   #5
Topazure
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15

We went to napa rose for our first anniversary. It was fantastic. Carthay Circle would be a great second choice.
Topazure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #6
KerTggr
DIS Veteran
 
KerTggr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: WA
Posts: 806

My hubby & I go to Napa Rose every year for our anniversary. This past year was the first time taking our little one (6 months at the time). Was a bit hectic, but was great as usual!

We did let them know that we weren't looking for a leisurely dinner so they were pretty good about bringing out the next course right after the last was done. Instead of the usual break between. Every time we go we see kids there - love that Disney is for families!
KerTggr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:45 PM   #7
FirstTimeCaller
I got my ears! See.
 
FirstTimeCaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Freeland, WA
Posts: 205

Napa Rose and Carthay Circle are both excellent choices. Steakhouse 55... not so much. Some people love it, but other's (myself included) have been disappointed at the quality to price ratio.
FirstTimeCaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:06 PM   #8
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran
 
fairestoneofall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: south carolina
Posts: 4,478

DH and I will celebrate our 17th anniversary (which is tomorrow) while we're at DL later this month. Carthay Circle came very recommended and also had an appealing menu.
__________________
emily (wife to DH), mom to DD DS DS

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #9
whjensen
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 41

Might I recommend a trip over to Roy's at the Gardenwalk? I've been to Roy's in Vegas and Maui and I have to say that they are always great - great food, great service, and accommodating of young and old.
whjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:05 PM   #10
Amommy21
DIS Veteran
 
Amommy21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northwest
Posts: 507

Napa Rose or Carthay Circle!
__________________
Daddy Mommy and A Little One (not so little anymore, age 13)
Amommy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:12 PM   #11
LizzyS
DIS Veteran
 
LizzyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Henderson, Nevada
Posts: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimeCaller View Post
Napa Rose and Carthay Circle are both excellent choices. Steakhouse 55... not so much. Some people love it, but other's (myself included) have been disappointed at the quality to price ratio.
I wholeheartedly disagree!

Steakhouse 55 knocked our socks off this year when we went to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary.

What did you order?!
__________________


1st ever trip to Disneyland: November 5th, 2011

2nd trip to Disneyland & California Adventure: February 23rd & 25th-26th, 2013

3rd trip to DLR (on site stay @PPH): February 26th - March 2nd, 2014
LizzyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:04 PM   #12
DDhunter
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 106

We went to Napa Rose last weekend for our Anniversary, right before they closed for refurb. We had never been before and probably had too high of expectations. The food was good, the service was poor, the restaurant is LOUD, couldn't even really have a conversation. I highly doubt we ever go back, as we just did not feel it was worth it.

Also, if you are looking for Romantic, Napa Rose is not the place for that, IMHO.

Steakhouse 55 has great food and the ambiance is also great.

Just my 2 cents.
DDhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:17 PM   #13
Lights_Out
"Disneyland is not a museum."
 
Lights_Out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Posts: 739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladora View Post
It depends on what you are looking for in a meal.

If it is ambiance then absolutely go for Blue Bayou, get there early and be willing to wait for a waterside table.

If you are foodies and cost is not an issue, then I would go to Napa Rose and sit at the chef's table.

If you want something between those two, then I would go to Carthay Circle.

DH and I went to DL for our honeymoon and we are about to go back to celebrate our 15th anniversary. We really wanted to go to NR but it's closed for renos so we are going back to Steakhouse 55 which is where we went on our last night of our honeymoon!
Exactly this!
__________________
Lights_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #14
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2 miles north of the Castle!
Posts: 21,253

Another vote for Napa Rose! If you can swing it, go for the Chef's Counter there. A really spectacular meal.
__________________
OKW Lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:09 AM   #15
heartse
Mouseketeer
 
heartse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClosetDisneyJunkie View Post
Burgers at Tomorrowland Terrace?

- note that I'm divorced.

No but seriously: Blue Bayou has a wonderful atmosphere if you get the right seat (near the water, mention your anniversary), and might be fun for your daughter too. The food is good, probably overpriced for the quality, but pretty good.

Other than that I think that it depends on what you are looking for: atmosphere vs. food (not that you can't have both), but not too stuffy for DD.

If you like a good steak you might try Steakhouse 55. Not sure how it is for kiddos though.

Napa Rose and Carthay Circle are (IMO) the creme de la creme of DLR restaurants. Both are delicious, and both can be a little pricey, but are beautiful. For a 10th wedding anniversary these are probably your two best bets, but take a look at the menus.

Note that at Carthay Circle you can also get dining packages (app, entree, dessert) that will also get you vouchers for preferred, reserved seating for the WOC show, if you're into that. Dinner and dessert followed by WOC could be pretty nice...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladora View Post
It depends on what you are looking for in a meal.

If it is ambiance then absolutely go for Blue Bayou, get there early and be willing to wait for a waterside table.

If you are foodies and cost is not an issue, then I would go to Napa Rose and sit at the chef's table.

If you want something between those two, then I would go to Carthay Circle.

DH and I went to DL for our honeymoon and we are about to go back to celebrate our 15th anniversary. We really wanted to go to NR but it's closed for renos so we are going back to Steakhouse 55 which is where we went on our last night of our honeymoon!
Thanks for the break-downs! We are not foodies... just enjoy a nice place. I will check out the menus and go from there. Of course, Club33 would have been my preference, but can't see that happening.
__________________

I've eaten at 37 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (15%)
I've eaten at 21 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (24%)
I've eaten at 15 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (21%)
I've eaten at 0 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (0%)
I've eaten at 0 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (0%)
heartse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.