Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #46
Anntan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Aww so much fun! I love the title story, that's too funny.

AWW MARIE! Oh my gosh, I love her. That's the cutest thing that she was chasing butterflies... precious.
Oh my gosh, I wish I could have captured the woman's voice. It was priceless the way she said it. I couldn't stop saying it the rest of the trip!

She was soooooo sweet! She tried so hard to catch them

Lover of all things Magical.
In hopes of becoming a part of the Disney Cast Member Family in the near future!

Working on my first Trip report (March 2012) right now!

"Charlie, Everybody's HOT" - March 2012 Mother/Daughter mini-trip

Fall 2002 - Polynesian
June 2010 - Grand Floridian
March 2012 - Grand Floridian and Audition
Old 08-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #47
archdandy
DIS Veteran

I think I would have burst out laughing at the woman saying that to her son as well! It looks like you guys were having a great time in EPCOT. I've never stood in line to meet a character because I always felt a bit shy being older (I'm 23) but I think on our upcoming trip in October I'm going to muster up some courage because I want to meet some princesses!

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #48
Anntan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
I think I would have burst out laughing at the woman saying that to her son as well! It looks like you guys were having a great time in EPCOT. I've never stood in line to meet a character because I always felt a bit shy being older (I'm 23) but I think on our upcoming trip in October I'm going to muster up some courage because I want to meet some princesses!
Oh my goodness, she was SOOOO British! It was such an incredibly unexpectedly magical day!

Meeting characters is my favorite part even when the lines are so long! However, I get SOOO Nervous! I've been working on it though It's hard to keep your composure around such iconic idols of yours! Definitely worth it though. You're NEVER too old! Besides, in Neverland years you're only 5!

In hopes of becoming a part of the Disney Cast Member Family in the near future!

Fall 2002 - Polynesian
Old 08-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #49
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness, I have to know what happens next!!! I am happy you got to meet Marie!! Now I am curious as to whether you will be in WDW working!! You would make a wonderful Snow, Bell, or any princess for that matter! You definitely have the moves down for Minnie, as well!!
Old 08-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #50
Anntan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Oh my goodness, I have to know what happens next!!! I am happy you got to meet Marie!! Now I am curious as to whether you will be in WDW working!! You would make a wonderful Snow, Bell, or any princess for that matter! You definitely have the moves down for Minnie, as well!!
More coming soon!!

It was such a dream come true!!

You'll have to read more and find out

AND OH MY GOODNESS READING THAT JUST MADE ME SO HAPPY!

Thank you so much! It means a lot to hear that!

Fall 2002 - Polynesian
Old 10-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #51
Anntan
Mouseketeer

I'M ALIVE! Yes, yes, I took an extended hiatus from Disboards (I was just getting the hang of it!) but school got in the way and things got REALLY busy REALLY fast. But I'm avoiding writing college essays right now, so I'm going to update this instead! YAY! In Disney related life news: I'm currently enjoying Senior year filled with little Disney touches. I'm taking a class on Fairy Tales, so I get to talk about the Disney versions as part of that, I'm working on a Disney student art gallery, and I got cast as Mrs. Darling in our Fall play of Peter Pan! I'm also currently trying to ask for a Disney trip for my Graduation present, as well as get down there to audition again! And trying to convince a friend to come with me for that... But you'll hear about him later in this TR

Now, let's get back to the good stuff. I was just getting started!!!

Try to tell me Magic isn't real NOW!

As I was saying, The magic was OVERFLOWING as we made our way around World Showcase. As we approached Ariel, Something unbelievable happened.

I'm talking CRAZY, INCIDENTAL, COINCIDENTAL, MAGICAL, IMPOSSIBLE something...

Why is this so strangely amazing? Because THIS is the meeting of a LIFETIME!
as I said somewhere earlier in this TR, this was the trip of EVERYONE and their grandmother being in Disney! This particular meeting was so amazing because This was a first meeting. And it was NOT planned!

I had known Vi from a Disney RP website known as Fantasmic! I was part of it for a very short time, since I had no time to keep up with it. But nevertheless, I made a few friends through it! So I had been facebook friends with Vi for a while. I knew she was in Disney, all the way from California,at the same time I was, but I thought she was leaving on this day, so I didn't ask where she would be or anything, nor did I even think she was still on the property!

But of all the places she could have been in that exact moment, she was chatting with Ariel. Naturally, when I saw this, I FLIPPED. I recognized her right away! her wonderfully eccentric outfit confirmed my assumption. I said to my mom, in shock, "That's My Internet Friend!!!" Mom, who thought I was referring to Ariel, said: "SHHHHHH, You're not supposed to give the characters away!" I was all "MOM. NO. THAT'S ARIEL. THAAAAT Is my internet friend!" She questioned me, but I was positive of it. I shouted to Vi and after a moment she recognized me as well.

We chatted for a minute or so, talked about HOW INSANELY PERFECT DISNEY MAGIC WAS for having us cross paths. It was really an amazingly unexpected surprise.

Once she left, Of course I had to meet Ariel!

She liked my sunblockers (sunglasses) and I told her she could probably get some to match her hair flower...

We hugged, posed....

And before long, I was on my way to the next adventure.

But After that meeting, I was basically exhausted from all of the overwhelming magical moments I had just experienced. I was ready to head back to GFla to rest and get ready for dinner.

Our exit out of Epcot was a little rushed, and not eventful enough to Get into detail about, So i'll just leave you with some parting shots...

Back to the Grandest of Floridians!!

Next Chapter

Fall 2002 - Polynesian

Last edited by Anntan; 10-06-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #52
Anntan
Mouseketeer

Why the Grand Floridian is the best

Ahhhhhhhhh It is SOOOO refreshing walking onto these grounds

We went back to our room, showered, changed, and headed down through the lobby (I forget why, I probably had to buy something) before walking over to dinner at Narcoossee's

of course, I stopped to listen to the music for a bit

I was so excited to eat at one of my all time favorite Disney Resturants!!!!

Side note: My family does NOT do the Disney Dining Plan. my parents aren't huge fans of things that "restrict access" i guess is a good way of putting it. Plus, when it comes to Disney, they want to spare no expense in making it the absolute best. They don't want to have to try and plan meals and things around the Dining Plan. So we just don't.

ANYWAY...

I'm a weirdo...

BY THE BY. Check out my cool Button-Shaped Sunburn circle! Yeah... It was really cool...

I didn't write down / remember what it was that we ate that night, nor did I realize my phone takes better food pictures than my camera (i figured it out later though) So this is all I have of Dinner:

Calamari and Crab Cakes to start.

Citrus Salad

For my entree, I'm pretty sure this is filet with truffle risotto ... IT WAS SO GOOD. .... however.... it....welll...... I'll get into it's effects later.

After dinner (we skipped dessert because we wanted ice cream in MK) we headed back to the main building to hop on the monorail and head to Magic Kingdom for our only night of nighttime spectaculars! ... I had no idea what I was in for...

We took some nice pictures in the lobby...

This one is blurry, but oh well.

As we were leaving for the monorail, the GFla band began to play Ma Belle Evangeline. That song was at the time the song that my Brother and I always sing (in our best Ray voices, of course) to eachother. So I flipped out. I filmed a bit, but it's short and blurry so I won't post it. It was really beautiful though.

But I digress.... We hopped on the monorail WHICH WAS SO CONVENIENTLY LOCATED IN OUR RESORT and one stop later, we arrived to the Magic Kingdom!

Next Chapter

Unfortunately, i can no longer post in this thread! So the rest of the TR is being moved to this location!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47931312

Fall 2002 - Polynesian

Last edited by Anntan; 03-27-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #53
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

HOW FUNNY that you ran into your 'internet friend'!!! It's a small world...

I NEED TO GO TO SEE THE FLOWER AND GARDEN FESTIVAL. End of story.

Your meal looks good! But girl... I don't even... 'effects' ??? I know way too much about that kind of thing.

-Marissa
Old 10-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #54
Anntan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
HOW FUNNY that you ran into your 'internet friend'!!! It's a small world...

I NEED TO GO TO SEE THE FLOWER AND GARDEN FESTIVAL. End of story.

Your meal looks good! But girl... I don't even... 'effects' ??? I know way too much about that kind of thing.
It was amazing! I was SOO not expecting it!
I was so happy that it fell when we decided to go. It was really something special, If you get the chance Definitely try to go to one!! It's unbelievable !

It was delicious... but yeah... it proved to be a pretty interesting night. But i'll get into that later. It's pretty comical looking back on it

ONCE I HAVE TIME I WILLLL BE CATCHING UP ON YOUR TR!!!! ...soooooon...sooooooon

Fall 2002 - Polynesian

Tags
audition, trip report, vacation, walt disney world, wdw

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: