Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #16
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Your campus is beautiful! (Random comment, I know. HAHA.)

Ahh, I'm so anxious to hear about your audition experience! This is so intense!
Old 07-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #17
Anntan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Your campus is beautiful! (Random comment, I know. HAHA.)

Ahh, I'm so anxious to hear about your audition experience! This is so intense!
THANK YOU! It gets really pretty when the flowers come in the spring!
It was a TON of built up energy! I was nearly going to explode!

Lover of all things Magical.
In hopes of becoming a part of the Disney Cast Member Family in the near future!

Working on my first Trip report (March 2012) right now!

"Charlie, Everybody's HOT" - March 2012 Mother/Daughter mini-trip

Fall 2002 - Polynesian
June 2010 - Grand Floridian
March 2012 - Grand Floridian and Audition
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #18
Anntan
Mouseketeer

Let's Get Down To Business

To Defeat..... The Disney preparations!

Friday night also marked the return of my older Brother from college for spring break! He just finished his freshman year of university at St. Andrews in Scotland!!! Cool, right?! He's so lucky. He even went to Disneyland Paris without me BOOO! anyway.... We went straight from school to the airport to pick him up! I was extremely excited to be at the airport! I mean, i would be at the same airport in 5 days on my way to Disney! It was great to see him again and we were both super excited for our breaks from school.

But BOY, OH BOY did I have a LOT to do.

Since school had ended for Spring Break on friday, I could finally relax about that. But there were so many other things to do! I had nothing packed, I had to finalize a schedule for our 3 days in Disney (yes, i had one done already, but it needed MAJOR revisions), and I had to shop!

My memory of the weekend is a bit fuzzy, as there was just sooooo much going on in my house (my brothers were going to visit my grandparents in Florida while my mom and I were on our trip, so they had to get ready too!) If I recall correctly, Saturday we all went to the mall to see The Hunger Games, and Sunday my mom ran errands with my brother while I stayed home and did laundry and cleaned my room and gathered some things for my trip.

Monday involved a major trip to Target. In the end, We came home with two dresses (The same dress in different patterns ^_^ ), a messenger bag (I had been looking for the perfect one for Disney and I found it!!!), Hair ties, a tshirt for my audition, a few toiletries, and a minnie mouse crop top!

** TARGET TIPS : I did not buy the minnie mouse top for the trip! However, the target sale rack often has Disney tees on super sale! for like... $2-12. And you're not going to not buy a Disney shirt! I just bought a $3 Sparkly Bambi one actually **

So I had all my things, and I started to pack...

Since we were only staying for 3 days, I packed everything in a duffle bag and my messenger bag as my park bag/carry on. My mom had a mini suitcase and her own little messenger bag. (except hers was Kate Spade, and mine was Target -___- ) While I worked on packing, we finalized our game plan: We had changed our dinner reservations from what my parents had originally booked so we changed a few other things after that. We kept most of the original reservations though, because my parents are wonderfully and they picked my favorite places

Wednesday

- Arrive at 10amish
- Gather luggage, find our driver, and head to the Grand Floridian
- Check in and see if our room is ready/store luggage
- Change clothes and head to EPCOT!
- explore flower and garden festival (OUR FIRST ONE!)
- stop and have lunch somewhere
- explore world showcase
- head back to hotel around 4
- change and get ready for dinner
- Dinner
- Magic Kingdom for Parade and Fireworks (as it's the only night to see them for us)
- Bed

Thursday

- SLEEP IN (whattt?!? There's no sleeping in Disney! ...except when you don't have park tickets that day and you have an audition!)
- Relax
- Audition at 4
- Dinner
- Bed

Friday

- MAGIC KINGDOMMMMMM
- ALL DAY
- MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC
- Until we have to leave...... @ 7pm

So we had our plan, but our big hook was that since it was just the two of us, if we decided we wanted to do something different WE COULD! it was as simple as changing our minds!

With that in mind, I continued to happily pack

By tuesday night I was finishing my packing, getting everything ready for the morning, and watching movies of course!

I had everything I needed! Except my Minnie Ears from 2010. I figured I would buy new ones in MK on Friday! Unfortunately I never did. But that's okay.

It was getting late...

And I was thinking...

Thinking is bad for me......

I was thinking about how long I had been waiting for this trip, and what it meant for me. It symbolized exactly what Disney meant to so many people. Dreams Coming True. Or, at least the opportunity for dreams to come true.

It had been two years since I had been to Disney! I was so happy to be going back to the place that I felt most at home. I fit in there. I belonged there.

But right behind the excitement was my fear. All the anxiety and nerves that I had about the trip were right along side the excitement. It was a big jumble of mixed emotions.

I wanted so much to do well at this Audition even though it was all about look. I literally couldn't do anything other than stand and be myself, and I was nervous that I might go all this way and do it wrong. Crazy, right?

Even stupider than THAT fear, is this next one...

Now, I'm sure all my teenage Disers reading this have had that fantasy of being in Disney with their crush. Right? Right. Well, it's something I have always dreamt about. And It happened to be another reoccurring theme of my trip. (Yes, there are a lot of those.) Oh Yeah, I had it bad.
There was this guy, who I had liked on and off for a few years. Not nearly as much as this other guy, but I digress... Anyway, he goes to Disney allll the time with his family and it just so happened our trips overlapped this time.

I had talked to him all the time at school about it and how we should meet up for a bit or whatever. And what do I find out, that he hadn't bothered to mention during any of those conversations? He was bringing his girlfriend of 3 months. OH YEAH. for 10 days. WHAT? I'm sorry WHAT? you don't "date" someone for 3 months and then just bring them on your family Disney trip for 10 days. Whatever.

I didn't want all my ridiculous thoughts to ruin any part of my trip, so I put on my Airplane/Disney playlist, set my alarm for 3:30am, and fell asleep looking at old Disney pictures and dreaming of working in Disney for the summer.

Old Pictures - 2010

June, 2010
My family is a little Frumpy...

In hopes of becoming a part of the Disney Cast Member Family in the near future!

Fall 2002 - Polynesian

Last edited by Anntan; 07-29-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #19
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Hahah, ten days is like 1/9 of their actual relationship. That's definitely a little much so soon!

HOORAYYYY... let's go to Disney now!
Old 07-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #20
Anntan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hahah, ten days is like 1/9 of their actual relationship. That's definitely a little much so soon!

HOORAYYYY... let's go to Disney now!
UGHHH I KNOW. It was gross. Afterward she said it was really awkward at times. DUHHH! plus she's not even a Disney person.
whatever.

OFF TO DISNEY!

Fall 2002 - Polynesian
Old 07-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #21
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

I can't wait to hear about where you ate and what you did in the parks!! YAYAYAY
Old 07-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #22
Reberella
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to here about you times at the park and the restaurants!

Haha dating someone for 3 months seems a little quick to bring them on vacation for 10 days!!

Excited to read more!

Old 07-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #23
Anntan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
I can't wait to hear about where you ate and what you did in the parks!! YAYAYAY
Ahhhh I have some crazy insane food pictures from V&A's! it was a ridiculous experience!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reberella View Post
Can't wait to here about you times at the park and the restaurants!

Haha dating someone for 3 months seems a little quick to bring them on vacation for 10 days!!

Excited to read more!

RIGHT?!?! I hope they break up after all of that. I had a whole update written but my buttface computer DESTROYED it!!! So I'll have one soon!

Fall 2002 - Polynesian
Old 07-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #24
Anntan
Mouseketeer

REAL LIFE UPDATE

Hello, Disboards! I haven't been around at alllll lately! And I hate it!
I just wrote a whole next chapter of my trip but my buttface laptop executed it!

So I'll have to come back to that the next time I get a chance

which hopefully will be tomorrow!

I couldn't post at all this week because I had .....
MY ALL TIME FAVORITE WEEK OF THE YEAR!

For the past 5 summers I have been doing a week long musical theater camp called Camp Broadway. It's a NYC based company that travels the country all summer giving theatre loving kids in different cities the opportunity to get a taste of what it's like to be in the business. Among other programs and things they do throughout the year. It's an incredible program and I'm so sad this was my last year I've learned so much from them and made such incredible friends!

(This is how I met one of my best friends, Ellen, who introduced me to Jess [the Frump ] over facebook! Small World, huh?

On top of ALL THAT, Thursday was my 17th Birthday!!!! I celebrated in true Disney fashion.

I Even Got Mickey Mouse cupcakes made for me!!!! my friends know me so well...

It was full of wonderful people and a great day at camp doing what I love.
After camp, Ellen and I, along with our other friend Nick, went out to TGI Friday's for a birthday dinner that I will never ever forget. it was the greatest birthday I've had so far.

Camp was incredible. My Birthday was incredible. And I wish both could have lasted longer

I couldn't have asked for a better last year.

I PROMISE MORE TRIP REPORT COMING SOON! Life got in the way!

Fall 2002 - Polynesian

Last edited by Anntan; 08-04-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #25
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

I'm so glad you had a wonderful day, girly! YAY for Ellen making an appearance in the trip report! I love that girl. The three of us need to hang out sometime! If you both ever want to come visit my college/visit me, feel free! Or we can have a sleepover at Ellen's house or something. I dunno!

I can't wait for the next part of your trip report!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #26
Anntan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
I'm so glad you had a wonderful day, girly! YAY for Ellen making an appearance in the trip report! I love that girl. The three of us need to hang out sometime! If you both ever want to come visit my college/visit me, feel free! Or we can have a sleepover at Ellen's house or something. I dunno!

I can't wait for the next part of your trip report!
It was PERFECT! haha she helped make it that way! Oh my gosh I would love that!! Hopefully I'll come to her next party! It will be up soon!! :D I can't wait to write what happened once I was actually ON PROPERTY!

Fall 2002 - Polynesian
Old 08-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #27
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Camp Broadway! That sounds like so much fun. Do yall perform in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade? That juts sounds so familiar.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #28
sharingiscaring
Earning My Ears

just subscribed. can't wait to hear more about your audition process. it's so great you can have such a wonderful time with your mom; i can't wait until my girls are older and we can have trips like this.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #29
archdandy
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in! I can't wait to see what happens with your auditions. I hope you had a fantastic time no matter the outcome! Its so nice to be able to make memories with family.

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
Old 08-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #30
Anntan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Camp Broadway! That sounds like so much fun. Do yall perform in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade? That juts sounds so familiar.
Ohhh it's so much fun! Some of my best memories are from there! Sometimes they perform in the parade! Last year I was lucky enough to be a part of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingiscaring View Post
just subscribed. can't wait to hear more about your audition process. it's so great you can have such a wonderful time with your mom; i can't wait until my girls are older and we can have trips like this.
Welcome! I remember it very vividly! so once I get there you can read all about it. My mom and I had such an incredible time, I'm hoping to make it an annual trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
I'm joining in! I can't wait to see what happens with your auditions. I hope you had a fantastic time no matter the outcome! Its so nice to be able to make memories with family.
Hello! Welcome! It was so magical!!! Thanks for joining in

Fall 2002 - Polynesian

Tags
audition, trip report, vacation, walt disney world, wdw

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: