Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #16
perlster
DIS Veteran

There are certainly others that I am aware of, but I've wondered about the point of the original post. (That is, even disregarding the fact that you have no guarantee of any particular friend still being around in November).
perlster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #17
disneygal6568
making dreams come true

I want to meet some specific characters and my friend is obsessed with a certain hatter, but he is no longer there (GrassHopper Hatter) so I am trying to steer her torwards characters that are still in the parks today so the she will actually have a chance to meet them.

And about the second part: I also wanted to keep this updated for other people between now and November and after November.

Keep the Magic Alive!

Last edited by disneygal6568; 07-16-2012 at 06:00 PM. Reason: adding input about the second post
disneygal6568 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #18
perlster
DIS Veteran

Well, that's actually news to me. I hadn't seen any evidence of Grasshopper at the park recently, but wasn't sure he was gone for good.

I hope you friend realizes that meeting a particular friend of a particular character is simply blind luck. No Disneyland CM will tell you, for example, that Malibu Tinker Bell will be in Pixie Hollow. The best place to ask about characters is at the information stand at the "top left" of Main Street. You can find out if and when (and in a general sense, where) a character, e.g. Mad Hatter, will be out, but not who is going to be his friend that day.

Also, note that the nicknames will never appear as part of a character's autograph.

There are some posts here that show someone being a friend of, say, Alice in one photo and Tinker Bell in another - like this.

As for nicknames, I don't want to be listing them and issuing corrections for several months. If there's someone in particular in mind, I can tell, to the best of my knowledge, if the character friend at DLR is still there.

Last edited by perlster; 07-16-2012 at 06:46 PM.
perlster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #19
disneygal6568
making dreams come true

Thank you Pearlster! We just want s great character experience so thanks for the imput! I heard a rumor about Grasshopper Hatter leaving from a CM at Disneyland, but I don't know if he is gone for good.

Keep the Magic Alive!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:15 AM   #20
disneygal6568
making dreams come true

Smile

My former trip ended up getting postponed due to Hurricane Sandy, and it got moved to Spring Break in 2014. Odviously, that is a long ways away, but I want to keep this thread up to date for people who might happen to stumble upon it before they go.

Keep the Magic Alive!

Tags
characters, characters with nicknames, disneyland, face characters, spieling peter

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: