Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #1021
mickey2000
Pin trader
 
mickey2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 3,482

.
__________________
TIME SPENT WITH DISNEY ( Totals 376 days 343 nts)

[
][/URL]][/URL][
mickey2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #1022
pokanos
Earning My Ears
 
pokanos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by flea1267 View Post
just to throw speculation to the wind there BUT I called yesterday to add a night to the beginning of our January trip (God Willing ) and the wonderful CM on the other end of the phone said "make sure you keep watch for specials that might be popping up soon that might save you some real money!" --- so maybe we'll see some "free dining" in January? Here's hoping for "pure magic all wrapped up in pixie dust"
This is hopeful news!! fingers crossed!
pokanos is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #1023
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,225

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokanos View Post
This is hopeful news!! fingers crossed!
Not so hopeful. The post you quoted was from last summer. There was no free dining offered for THIS January, which is when the poster was referring to. They did offer the stay, play dine offer, though. Not as good as free dining, but at least they offered something.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #1024
cposey
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5

A couple of you asked what my flyer said. Sorry for the delay, I'm new to this board and still trying to figure it all out.

We received this flyer because our first and only trip was in September 2011...so they are trying to get us to come back that same time of year. Of course, back then, we had free dining!

In this flyer they are also telling me about the New Fantasyland that has been added since our last visit, which goes to the point a previous poster made that the new Fantasyland may be responsible for drawing people to the park this year and they may not need to offer free dining as an incentive. hmmmm....

It is offering:

Stay in the middle of the magic in September at Select Disney Resort hotels

$113/night at Disney Value Resort for standard room for stays most Sunday thru Thursday 9/14/13-9/30/13

$181/night at Moderate Resorts - same time

$279/night at Disney Deluxe Resorts (Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge only) - same time

Then it tells about the benefits of staying on property...Extra magic hours, Magical Express Transportation, complimentary transportation.


We did go ahead and book our September trip - but we are staying at a non-Disney on property resort for less than the Value Resort offer they made.
cposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #1025
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,568

Quote:
Originally Posted by cposey View Post
A couple of you asked what my flyer said. Sorry for the delay, I'm new to this board and still trying to figure it all out.

We received this flyer because our first and only trip was in September 2011...so they are trying to get us to come back that same time of year. Of course, back then, we had free dining!

In this flyer they are also telling me about the New Fantasyland that has been added since our last visit, which goes to the point a previous poster made that the new Fantasyland may be responsible for drawing people to the park this year and they may not need to offer free dining as an incentive. hmmmm....

It is offering:

Stay in the middle of the magic in September at Select Disney Resort hotels

$113/night at Disney Value Resort for standard room for stays most Sunday thru Thursday 9/14/13-9/30/13

$181/night at Moderate Resorts - same time

$279/night at Disney Deluxe Resorts (Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge only) - same time

Then it tells about the benefits of staying on property...Extra magic hours, Magical Express Transportation, complimentary transportation.


We did go ahead and book our September trip - but we are staying at a non-Disney on property resort for less than the Value Resort offer they made.
I THINK those are rack rates, so just a promotional flyer, not a discount. Bummer. [The value price actually seems high.]

Edited to add: It might actually be a slight discount. I didn't realize prices were so high for that time of year.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #1026
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 58,870
DISboards Moderator

Values are $100 a night standard rack rate in September so that figure looks like it includes tax. But you're right, it's not a discount, much less free dining.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #1027
Zipears Fan
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." ~WD
 
Zipears Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 121

Not to rain on anyone's parade for those still hoping for FD, but my wife and I officially canceled ressies We simply cannot afford an onsite trip without the meal deal. 4-day Las Vegas trip here we come!

I'm sure we will not be the last to pull the trigger on this. But the fact that there has been no FD to date this calendar year leaves me little hope for the rest of the year.

Good luck to those holding out! See ya for the 2014 watch!
__________________



September 2013: Pop (Anniversary!) August 2010: Pop July 2009: ASSp (Engagement!) July 2003: ASMu May 2000: ASSp From 1985-1999, Offsite[/SIZE]
Zipears Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #1028
mom2l&t
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 29

Hoping there will be something for Free Dining when we arrive later this year.
__________________
11/2013 FW 12/2010 WL First Disney Trip 09/2007 ASM
mom2l&t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #1029
kthruz143
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 65

Joining in on the watch. We have booked AOA Cars suite oct26-nov 2
__________________
DH (27) ME (28) DD (5) DS (3)



Honeymoon 6/07 All Star Movies
September 2011 All Star Movies
August 2012 All Star Moves
October 2013 Art of Animation
May 2014 Contemporary Resort and 1st Disney Cruise
kthruz143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #1030
micknpluto
DIS Veteran
 
micknpluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Posts: 1,985

I've been booking the last 10 years (maybe a little less) and historically end of march beginning of April is when they announce free dining. Don't hold out hope yet. It's not even march.
__________________
Chris
micknpluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:00 AM   #1031
E-Stop
The Last Alweg Pilot and Killer of Threads
 
E-Stop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 100

subscribed. going back first week of december.
__________________
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris? nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

This is the way the thread ends
This is the way the thread ends
This is the way the thread ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

E-Stop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #1032
trixiemuffin
Mouseketeer
 
trixiemuffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
I've been booking the last 10 years (maybe a little less) and historically end of march beginning of April is when they announce free dining. Don't hold out hope yet. It's not even march.
According to Mousesavers, FD was announced on March 1 last year for Visa cardholders for stay dates between 8/25 and 9/29. The offer was released to the general public on March 5.
__________________
WDW Visitor since 1973

trixiemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:50 AM   #1033
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,568

The CM I talked to yesterday said he didn't know what or when the next discount would be, but the current one ends March 7, and that most likely the new one would be announced then.
If they don't overlap, and they follow the pattern of Visa holders on Monday, and GP on THurs., that would be the 11th and 14th.
If they overlap, which is possible, it would be the 4th and the 7th.
Though, they could throw a curve ball and again and go with a totally different date.
Last years' dates were the earliest they ever offered free dining.
I think one of the years before was May.
[2005 was June or July...first time FD was offered. Most of the other years were April.]
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #1034
mickey2000
Pin trader
 
mickey2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 3,482

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiemuffin View Post
According to Mousesavers, FD was announced on March 1 last year for Visa cardholders for stay dates between 8/25 and 9/29. The offer was released to the general public on March 5.
If that's true those holding end of August and begining of September will have problems with making reservations like Be our Guest!
__________________
TIME SPENT WITH DISNEY ( Totals 376 days 343 nts)

[
][/URL]][/URL][
mickey2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:06 AM   #1035
Thorb73
Tinker, Pooh and their kids
 
Thorb73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2000 View Post
If that's true those holding end of August and begining of September will have problems with making reservations like Be our Guest!
Why ? You can always make a reservation and then cancel it later in case you don't want to go there without FD.....
__________________
DLP:
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe September 13th - 17th 1999
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe July 13th - 18th 2002

Disney's Hotel Santa Fe February 6th - 9th 2008
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe February 23rd - 27th 2009

WDW:
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort August 21st - September 1st 2011
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside August 29th - September 8th 2013

DCL:
DISNEY Dream Bahamian cruise September 1st-4th 2011
DISNEY Magic NY to Canada September 2nd-7th 2012
DISNEY Dream Bahamian Cruise August 25th-29th 2013




Thorb73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: