Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #856
VroomVroomLightning
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliott04 View Post
Just got a pin emailed to me for 35% off For stays most nights
1/2–3/24/13, 4/21–5/22/13 and
8/11–9/28/13.

or Free Dining For arrivals most nights 1/2–3/7/13.

So call and check for those pin codes!

J
We got the same one!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #857
matynurse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale79 View Post
This is a very long thread, impossible to read everything.

So I'll ask, has anyone heard about free dining for Nov 2013? Or is there a possibility this will not be offered this year?
The only free dining this year period has been through pin codes so far. The original dates for free dining were late Aug-mid Sept. The last few years the beginning of the year was included and only last year was Nov included, that I know of. This year they ran a Stay, Play, and Dine deal but it wasn't quite the discount that free dining was. I have a strong suspicion the S/P/D will be the new discount in place of free dining. Never hurts to see if you happen to have a free dining pin attached to your name. That's what happened for us. Good luck

matynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #858
nellyru
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up

We are happy to get any discount, but would LOVE to get the free dining discount.

We aren't planning on being @ WDW till the end of December 2013 to till the first couple days of January 2014.

Can't wait!!
nellyru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #859
ChipnDale79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matynurse View Post
The only free dining this year period has been through pin codes so far. The original dates for free dining were late Aug-mid Sept. The last few years the beginning of the year was included and only last year was Nov included, that I know of. This year they ran a Stay, Play, and Dine deal but it wasn't quite the discount that free dining was. I have a strong suspicion the S/P/D will be the new discount in place of free dining. Never hurts to see if you happen to have a free dining pin attached to your name. That's what happened for us. Good luck
I know in the past we would receive pins either by email or snail mail, is it possible to call disney and see if your name is attached to a pin?
ChipnDale79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #860
matynurse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I know in the past we would receive pins either by email or snail mail, is it possible to call disney and see if your name is attached to a pin?
Yes! In fact that's how I found out about ours. I had received a few pins all year but was looking for free dining. The public offer never materialized and I never saw a free dining in snail or email. Happened to call last week to check and a free dining pin was on my name. Just call and ask the CM to please check for any pins. If you get one of the "challenged" ones, that act like they have no idea what that is, call back! I'll cross my fingers for you

Old 01-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #861
ness0905
Mouseketeer

ok so we are traveling early September just got pin for room discount but free dining dates which is what we want only goes to march my question is do we book with room discount to save some money or wait for another pin that includes free dining? If we receive one pin will we also get next pin or is it random?
ness0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #862
ChipnDale79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes! In fact that's how I found out about ours. I had received a few pins all year but was looking for free dining. The public offer never materialized and I never saw a free dining in snail or email. Happened to call last week to check and a free dining pin was on my name. Just call and ask the CM to please check for any pins. If you get one of the "challenged" ones, that act like they have no idea what that is, call back! I'll cross my fingers for you
Wow, thanks for the tip, I would have never thought to call. I always thought the only way to get them was email or snail mail. I'll call tonight!
ChipnDale79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #863
matynurse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ness0905 View Post
ok so we are traveling early September just got pin for room discount but free dining dates which is what we want only goes to march my question is do we book with room discount to save some money or wait for another pin that includes free dining? If we receive one pin will we also get next pin or is it random?
You can always change discounts if a better one comes up but the codes are random to everyone but Disney. I'm sure they have a system but no one knows what it is. Getting one does not guarantee you another. If you already have a trip booked the chances of them releasing another pin in your name (until that trip is over) are slim in my opinion since the goal is to get you to come to Disney and you have already committed to going. Maybe someone else has some experience with this? Anyone receive a pin while having a trip booked?

Old 01-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #864
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You can always change discounts if a better one comes up but the codes are random to everyone but Disney. I'm sure they have a system but no one knows what it is. Getting one does not guarantee you another. If you already have a trip booked the chances of them releasing another pin in your name (until that trip is over) are slim in my opinion since the goal is to get you to come to Disney and you have already committed to going. Maybe someone else has some experience with this? Anyone receive a pin while having a trip booked?
I've seen it go both ways. Some get them with a res, some don't. I'd say chances are higher if you don't have a reservation though!

I definitely wouldn't wait to get a pin for booking. But, that's me. If I waited, I'm sure it wouldn't come! Just my luck!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #865
spotalbert
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Wow, thanks for the tip, I would have never thought to call. I always thought the only way to get them was email or snail mail. I'll call tonight!
Did you have any luck getting a PIN?
spotalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #866
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you already have a trip booked the chances of them releasing another pin in your name (until that trip is over) are slim in my opinion since the goal is to get you to come to Disney and you have already committed to going.
The only time I have ever received a pin is when I had a trip booked. I know, even to me it makes no sense what so ever, but it is true.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #867
Dimples1973ca
Mouseketeer

Any updates lately?

Does anyone have any further updates/ rumors about August free dining?

Dimples1973ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #868
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimples1973ca View Post
Does anyone have any further updates/ rumors about August free dining?
They just came out with their deal running through June 14 a few weeks ago. Dates and deals won't be released for a few months I'd say for Fall.

Only rumor is the latest one we've been discussing - no FD for values, QSDP for mods/deluxes for future offers.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #869
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
They just came out with their deal running through June 14 a few weeks ago. Dates and deals won't be released for a few months I'd say for Fall.

Only rumor is the latest one we've been discussing - no FD for values, QSDP for mods/deluxes for future offers.
I thought that rumor was specifically for the Aug/Sept FD offer. Has there been anything new about the rumor since Danny25 originally posted?
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #870
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
I thought that rumor was specifically for the Aug/Sept FD offer. Has there been anything new about the rumor since Danny25 originally posted?
No, nothing new. But I took it to mean as a general change, not just Fall. I can't see them going back after that.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: