Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #766
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

I think they still have the free dining offer, that is what we have, but I did not get a pin for it. I kept on checking for the specials, I already had just room reservations for the Cars Suite at AOA for the same period, I called & asked if that offer was good for the room I had already booked & they said yes, I did ask about upgrading to the regular dining plan instead of the counter service that was offered, they said I could for $550.00 more. I decided not to do it. (upgrade) I will stick to the counter service.

We are planning on only one table service, Cinderella's Table, I just could not see the extra $350.00. I have to board our dog, that will pay for that. LOL!!

Update: NO FREE DINING PLAN!!!!
IT IS ONLY A DISCOUNTED PLAN!!!
SO SORRY IF THIS CAUSED ANY PROBLEMS!!!!!!!
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011

Last edited by 2012bella13; 12-08-2012 at 01:42 PM.
2012bella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #767
ktnryansmom
Mouseketeer

***Even though it only lists free QSDP at the value you can get free DDP at a mod or upgrade to the DDP at a value. Just call and ask. ***

I think this is what my travel agent did--for $200 we upgraded to a mod and got the DDP...

4 nights POR
5 day base tickets
DDP

for 3--$1700 during the first week of March.

How can I ask for free DDP from the pin that offered free QSDP???? Just for moving up in resorts? That would save me about $400!
ktnryansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #768
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012bella13 View Post
I think they still have the free dining offer, that is what we have, but I did not get a pin for it. I kept on checking for the specials, I already had just room reservations for the Cars Suite at AOA for the same period, I called & asked if that offer was good for the room I had already booked & they said yes, I did ask about upgrading to the regular dining plan instead of the counter service that was offered, they said I could for $550.00 more. I decided not to do it. (upgrade) I will stick to the counter service.

We are planning on only one table service, Cinderella's Table, I just could not see the extra $350.00. I have to board our dog, that will pay for that. LOL!!
If you didn't have a pin they gave you the Stay/Play/Dine discount which isn't free dining - but discounted dining. Adults pay child prices for dining and tickets with this promotion, but there is no general public FD offer out at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktnryansmom View Post
***Even though it only lists free QSDP at the value you can get free DDP at a mod or upgrade to the DDP at a value. Just call and ask. ***

I think this is what my travel agent did--for $200 we upgraded to a mod and got the DDP...

4 nights POR
5 day base tickets
DDP

for 3--$1700 during the first week of March.

How can I ask for free DDP from the pin that offered free QSDP???? Just for moving up in resorts? That would save me about $400!
You can not call and ask for the pin. Pin codes are sent to people randomly, as personal discounts. They can't be given to other people, and you can't request one. You'd have to receive one in an email or mailer.

What your travel agent did is upgrade your resort. You could stay at the AoA value suite and upgrade the QSDP to the regular DDP. Since the suites are more expensive than a regular mod room, it was probably cheaper to upgrade your room instead of your dining plan per night of your stay. If you have your heart set on a family suite though, you could always have your TA call and upgrade the dining plan only. You would pay the difference between the QSDP and the DDP.

Disney offers give you the QSDP for values and DDP for mods/Deluxe when there is any kind of discounted/free dining offer. Whichever resort you are staying in will determine which DDP is given for free/discount. You can always upgrade for a fee, but can no longer downgrade.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #769
celestialred
Keep the Dr. Pepper flowing or the fluffy bunny bites it!

Adding myself to this thread. Fingers crossed for FD mid-late September 2013.

CSR May 1998-Honeymoon
RPR @ Universal Jan 2007-Work Conference
Renaissance @ SeaWorld Jan 2013-Work Conference Micro-Trip Report Here!
Sep 2013-Back to CSR and First Trip For The Kids - Come check out my PTR here!
celestialred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #770
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

It could be the P.S.&D, I have been planning this trip for a while, in october, I checked the specials & seen that they was offering free dining for our dates at the same resort that I was already book- A.O.A. Cars Suite. My DD loves CARS!
I called & talked to a rep, & she said that I could add the free dining if I cancel my original res., & rebook, so I did.( she did refer to it as free dining)

I do know my price changed by $610.00 (lower) room,6-day park tickets & dining. I had not added the tickets & dining yet (CS), but I had figured the cost. We had not made up our minds about dining.

Was before package rm only-$2300.00
6 day park tickets $960.00
NOW- A.O.A. Cars Suite 6nights
6-day park tickets w/ C.S dining $3400.00

I thought this sounded like a good deal, but I am new at this.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #771
monique5
DVC - BLT & VGF

I think some CMs are trying to avoid saying Disney is not offering FD (and some saying you are getting FD when add dining to existing room & tickets package)---only getting dining discount (adults pay kid's price). Especially since rooms that were not available on Oct. 10 (I think this was the release date for S/P/D/ general public promo) are now available. I'm keeping fingers crossed that FD promo will be offered after S/P/D ends 12/31/12.

There is no FD general promo at this time. FD is only available to those that have recieved a PIN code (random mailings/emails) and Bounceback offers.

I called tonight and asked if any PIN codes associated with name. None were. CM quoted a price. Said discount of tickets, dining, room. So I asked specifically about the S/P/D offer. So she looks it up. After a hold says, oh, that's what I quoted. We just enter your info & discounts are applied, we do not know the names of the special. Now this seems odd since this offer is all over the website and other places (AAA, AllEars.net, Mousesavers, Build a Better Mouse Trip, etc). I think bookings increased as we approached the New Fantasyland grand opening. However, I'm thinking bookings not were they want them to be. Also, if you didn't book S/P/D within the 1st 2 days, prices increased. There was a glitch in the system. So my S/P/D package that was booked on 10/10/12 is now $186 more.

----http://www.mousesavers.com/ (Very good site. Let's you know Disney's current offers and shows historical information/data on Disney discounts). Also, view the Special Offers tab on Disney's website to inform you on what discounts CMs are applying/offering! Disney Mom's Panel is great too for info!

Please note Disney is not offering FD at this time. Please try not to make this confusing on posts. I know some CMs make this hard by not exactly explaining your discounts.

Current promo thru 12/31/12 for select dates Jan-March 7,2013 for S/P/D which offers discounts on room, tickets and dining.

Last edited by monique5; 12-07-2012 at 11:44 PM.
monique5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #772
mantysk8coach
Proud member of the DIS chapter of NKOTB Anonymous!

Do any of you "free dining" experts think it will still be offered late August-September, which was the original free dining time when the offer first started? Or are all bets kind of off this year? SOMETHING at least should be offered during that time, right? With kids going back to school, and prime hurricane season and all?

I priced out my trip (leaving August 24 or 25), and its like a $2000 difference with and without free dining. Getting SO anxious to get this trip planned, but I don't think we can swing it without discounts unfortunately.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #773
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Thanks

Thanks for the info about the free dining.
I am new at this.
I wondered why my package that I changed in October is cheaper than what they are offering now for the same thing.
I had been checking about upgrading resorts vs the dining plans, ect.ect.
DD loves CARS, We will stick to A.O.A..

Thanks everyone for being so helpful!
God Bless!!
Old 12-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #774
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantysk8coach View Post
Do any of you "free dining" experts think it will still be offered late August-September, which was the original free dining time when the offer first started? Or are all bets kind of off this year? SOMETHING at least should be offered during that time, right? With kids going back to school, and prime hurricane season and all?

I priced out my trip (leaving August 24 or 25), and its like a $2000 difference with and without free dining. Getting SO anxious to get this trip planned, but I don't think we can swing it without discounts unfortunately.
I'm sure they'll be something - can't say if it will be FD. I believe that S/P/D will be the new public dining discount and FD will continue through pin offers. At the very least I think you'd end up with a room discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012bella13 View Post
Thanks for the info about the free dining.
I am new at this.
I wondered why my package that I changed in October is cheaper than what they are offering now for the same thing.
I had been checking about upgrading resorts vs the dining plans, ect.ect.
DD loves CARS, We will stick to A.O.A..

Thanks everyone for being so helpful!
God Bless!!
AoA looks like a blast - enjoy! At the end of the day, you're at Disney!
Old 12-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #775
mom2my3kids
Doesn't believe in the Tag Fairy

I thought free dining was usually offered april/may am I wrong?? Are they offering it early for sept now??

Dec 14-20th 2013
Daytona/Universal/MNSSHP Sept 2011
Sept 2009 8 nights Pop Century
Sept 22nd-Sept 30th 2007 POP
October 2006, OKW,POP 6 night trip..
mom2my3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #776
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2my3kids
I thought free dining was usually offered april/may am I wrong?? Are they offering it early for sept now??
I don't think FD is generally offered in the spring, other than a very brief period last year (or maybe the year before, it seems like it was maybe a week in late may, but I don't remember the specifics). Those months typically have room discounts though. FD has been common in Jan/Feb, and Aug/Sep. Though it looks like even that may change with S/P/D this year.

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA | 2014: POR
Upcoming Trips: 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 11/15 - FW Campground
gtpoohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #777
joyride
Disney Noob

Hi, I have been waiting for a few months to see if a room discount will be offered in late April/early May..does anyone know when these offers are normally made public ?
joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #778
zy144622
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyride
Hi, I have been waiting for a few months to see if a room discount will be offered in late April/early May..does anyone know when these offers are normally made public ?
The current promos are over the end of this month I'm sure it won't be long after that the new stuff will come out.
zy144622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #779
allstonsmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMalecifent View Post
Well, I got a PIN. Kinda shocked that I did. It's even during the dates we are going...I'm pretty sure it's for Free Dining. (First half of February 2013, if you are curious.)

My problem, Disney says the zip code of my shipping address does not match the name of the person this offer is made for. Well, it's my name, my email, I went on my Disney account and looked and my zip code is my actual zip code. Disney mailed me a vacation planning DVD to that zip code. So I do not know what to do to fix this.
We had this happen before too! We are a military family and move A LOT and the pin was attached to the wrong street address. It was for FD but when I added up everything and compared the 40% resort discount or the FD pin it came out to about the same so I wasn't too disappointed.
allstonsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #780
Walkentall
Earning My Ears

Newbie here, so pardon me if this is a stupid question! Do they ever do free Disney Dining for the end of May? Also, when I do the math per person, even if you pay for the DDP this seems like a pretty good deal for a family of six. Is that the general consensus?
Walkentall is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: