Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 12:09 AM   #616
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

I just re-priced the S/P/D once I got home and my package is now about $50 hire when I re-price it, and that's at a value. I re-priced the mod I was considering upgrading to and it's at least $150 than before. No upgrades for me!
Old 10-21-2012, 01:10 AM   #617
MollyBelle09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisedisney
Disney claims there was an error in the offers. They will honor previous reservations.
Do you have any idea as to if you have to alter your already made reservations (with the discount applied) will the price go up? We had a room of 3 and a room of 2. One person couldn't go as it turns out, so I will need to drop one (and preferably now have 2 and 2 in a room) Will this negatively effect us? Does anyone know?? I'm super stressed about this now
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #618
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

Patiently waiting for October deals to be announced. We are toying with the week of Halloween or the week before. Any one have suggestions based on prior discounts? We are planning on going with or without a deal but having one will help us out.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
CDolacki2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #619
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

October free ding dates aren't usually released until July. They aren't going to release free ding for Octobef 2013 in October or November of 2012.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #620
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyBelle09 View Post
Do you have any idea as to if you have to alter your already made reservations (with the discount applied) will the price go up? We had a room of 3 and a room of 2. One person couldn't go as it turns out, so I will need to drop one (and preferably now have 2 and 2 in a room) Will this negatively effect us? Does anyone know?? I'm super stressed about this now
The costs would lower since you're not paying for park tickets, but I doubt would be that much of a drop. There is no way the price would increase. You're paying per a room and then per a person for dining and park tickets.
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #621
cfriend416
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisedisney View Post
Disney claims there was an error in the offers. They will honor previous reservations.
Oh no! When I repriced mine is was about $125 higher! We wanted to see if we could add an extra day of hopper passes. It should only be about $30 more based on the ticket prices, but now I'm worried it's going to be a lot more. Do you think it will be?
cfriend416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #622
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

I called yesterday and talked to 4 CM's that all basically said that I was crazy and that the price had not gone up. The fact that the price went up didn't bother me. It was the unwillingness to acknowledge it that p'd me off. I was told that it would be almost $500 to add a 9 year old to a 4 day reservation at a value. What!? A child's ticket is $276 and the qsdp is $14.28 per day x 4. That does NOT equal almost $500. And this is supposed to be a discounted package. No one could tell me why it would cost more to add a child to a discounted package than it would to add a child to a non discounted one. After holding for 10 minutes and being told that I was imagining a price increase, the supervisor came back with a much better attitude and offered to reduce the price by more than $100 to add the 9 year old.
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #623
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post
I called yesterday and talked to 4 CM's that all basically said that I was crazy and that the price had not gone up. The fact that the price went up didn't bother me. It was the unwillingness to acknowledge it that p'd me off. I was told that it would be almost $500 to add a 9 year old to a 4 day reservation at a value. What!? A child's ticket is $276 and the qsdp is $14.28 per day x 4. That does NOT equal almost $500. And this is supposed to be a discounted package. No one could tell me why it would cost more to add a child to a discounted package than it would to add a child to a non discounted one. After holding for 10 minutes and being told that I was imagining a price increase, the supervisor came back with a much better attitude and offered to reduce the price by more than $100 to add the 9 year old.
When I was re-pricing the main difference I could see was the price of the tickets. Our trip is for 5 nights, so of course the default ticket is 6 days. When I first booked, the price difference to drop down to 4 days of tickets was about $40, now it's a little more than that. We are just 2 adults going.

With all of the talk on this thread before the S/D/P deal came out about adults at kids prices for tickets and dining plan, I wonder if that's where the problem was. Confusion on Disney's side about what this promotion is actually discounting!! They don't even know. lol
Old 10-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #624
smphbear
Mouseketeer

I got a pin code in the mail today for free dining. I was able to move my Kids Stay and Play Visa code to the free dining code. It took almost another $200 off the bill.
04 Vacation Villas - Ds7 first trip
June 07 - Cypress Pointe - Ds3 first trip
June 08 - Cypress Pointe -
Feb 09 - Adults only - POP
Mar 11 - Just the four of us for Mardi Gras - POP
Feb 13 - POP for Mardi Gras
smphbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #625
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smphbear
I got a pin code in the mail today for free dining. I was able to move my Kids Stay and Play Visa code to the free dining code. It took almost another $200 off the bill.
Wow!!!! Very cool!!!! Now I'm hoping for one of those...

Congrats!!!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #626
newbie2013
Mouseketeer

I called today an tried to see if I have any pin codes - none there. Is there any way to bypass the whole automatic system in order to get to the cm? My call was 20 min but only 2 with a person!
newbie2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #627
peaceluv&mickeymouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie2013 View Post
I called today an tried to see if I have any pin codes - none there. Is there any way to bypass the whole automatic system in order to get to the cm? My call was 20 min but only 2 with a person!
I don't think so. I did the same thing today. No pin code for me either, but the CM told me to call back the middle of next week??

I think we would only save a couple hundred more, but that is huge for extra spending money!!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #628
newbie2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceluv&mickeymouse

I don't think so. I did the same thing today. No pin code for me either, but the CM told me to call back the middle of next week??

I think we would only save a couple hundred more, but that is huge for extra spending money!!
Ooooh I wonder why calling back next week?
I too would love to save that extra couple of hundred - right now we are booked stay play and dine at aoa nemo suite wih upgrade to Disney dining since the whole reason we are going to Disney is so my 4 year old can hang out wih princesses!!!!
newbie2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #629
Crazy Mother of Two
Clever yet underrated

I know I have a while but I am hoping that Disney has FD in late Sept/early Oct. 2013!! I see that they have it for this year so I am keeping my fingers crossed, and my eyes and anything else that might help.
Me DH DD 14 DS 13
Crazy Mother of Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #630
peaceluv&mickeymouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie2013

Ooooh I wonder why calling back next week?
I too would love to save that extra couple of hundred - right now we are booked stay play and dine at aoa nemo suite wih upgrade to Disney dining since the whole reason we are going to Disney is so my 4 year old can hang out wih princesses!!!!
I don't know why he said that. I guess I will check next week then!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: