Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-13-2012, 01:41 AM   #106
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 22,664

We enjoyed Cape Canaveral in 2008 and would not be adverse to going back there, but we have to get there this year before we make any commitments.

We are now not going to Dallas in September, hmmmmm maybe we can get up to my parents while Brandi is in SF....

Lots of things are up in the air!
__________________
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!


franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:03 AM   #107
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me
 
dgbg100106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 46,675

That would be fun....
__________________
Brandi & David Thanks Lulu's Mom

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #108
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo
 
usnuzuloose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sacramento Ca
Posts: 125,721

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post


I know you're flying in on the 2nd October. When are you leaving?
We are leaving on the 10th
__________________
A Carnival cruise.....with a chicken. TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....54201&posted=1
usnuzuloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:57 AM   #109
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 89,232

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Cape Canaveral, that would be neat to see. When we came in 06 I wanted to see so much , but alas only so much time..
Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
We enjoyed Cape Canaveral in 2008 and would not be adverse to going back there, but we have to get there this year before we make any commitments.

We are now not going to Dallas in September, hmmmmm maybe we can get up to my parents while Brandi is in SF....

Lots of things are up in the air!
Maybe we should consider a day at the Cape.



Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
That would be fun....
Brandi - when are you going to be in SF?


Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
We are leaving on the 10th
I'll keep this date in mind.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:18 AM   #110
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 89,232

Narrowing the Field of Beds for SoCal


I have 3 nights to plan for in SoCal and have been doing some research on places to stay. DH and I normally stay in Anaheim; simply because of the choices and the proximity to DLR.

For this trip, we do plan to stopover in SoCal to go see CarsLand and hopefully get to catch up with Alison. On my short list:
  • Fairfield Inn - I've been following a TR on the DLR side of the boards and the review/pictures have been good for this location. It is a short walk across South Harbour Blvd from the Disneyland maingate. The down side to this place is that breakfast is not included.





  • Residence Inn Maingate - DH and I have preferred to stay here for our last two visits. The rooms are nice and a hot buffet breakfast is included in the tariff. It is a 10 - 15 minute walk to DLR but that's only a super minor cross in my book.





  • Howard Johnson - One of the highly rated hotels by a lot of Dissers (and Aussies) for staying at DLR. If you had an Entertainment card, the rates were significantly reduced. This policy seems to have recently changed and I need to go sign up to their website to see if the deep discounts will continue to apply for direct email subscribers.





  • Candy Cane Inn - Another highly rated motel/hotel in the area. We stayed here in 2007 and thought it was reasonable. A continental breakfast is included in the tariff and the main advantage is that CCI run a free shuttle to DLR every 30 minutes. It does save the feet at night; but there really isn't any time saving for the shuttle.





At this stage, I haven't included any of the Disney resorts on my short list. The reason? Onsite hotels at Anaheim seem over-priced compared to the "off-site, good neighbour" hotels. Unlike WDW, everything is walkable at Anaheim.

I'll be watching these hotels with interest over the next year or so....

Anyone want to nominate any others for me to monitor? What is your favourite Anaheim home away from home; and why?



__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:48 AM   #111
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran
 
zanzibar138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,111

Not much help as I *wouldn't* recommend the hotel we stayed at lol! Peacock Suites was toooooo faaaarrrr after a long day at the parks! 10-15 minutes would definitely be manageable.

But we did enjoy the night we spent at the Hojo You may remember from my TR we got a park view room and requested a high floor. I can't remember which floor we were on now, but it was an awesome view of the park and fireworks!

The Residence Inn Maingate looks familiar... I think that may be one of the ones I was eyeing off for next time
__________________


TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & Portofino) PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:50 AM   #112
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 89,232

Oooh....yes! I do remember your night at HoJo. Level 4, wasn't it? You had fireworks.

Thanks. Peacock Suites is off my list.

And I do recommend RI. The rooms are nice and the breakfast cannot be beat......make your own waffles.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:15 AM   #113
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me
 
dgbg100106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 46,675

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post

Brandi - when are you going to be in SF?
Sep 29th thru Oct 4th of this year!
__________________
Brandi & David Thanks Lulu's Mom

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:17 AM   #114
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me
 
dgbg100106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 46,675

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post

Anyone want to nominate any others for me to monitor? What is your favourite Anaheim home away from home; and why?



We always stay at the Embassy Suites I like the breakfast and the drinks in the evening
__________________
Brandi & David Thanks Lulu's Mom

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:21 AM   #115
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 89,232

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Sep 29th thru Oct 4th of this year!
DH has a trip coming up to SF. He doesn't know what the exact dates are...but I suspect that might be too early. I am on the fence as to whether I want to hop on a plane with him or not.

Of course, I am being rather presumptuous about possibly catching up with you and David if the timing was right....
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #116
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,492

I always stay at Best Western Park Place Inn which is the closest offsite hotel right by the DLR or Best Western Anaheim Inn (which I stayed this past trip) which is a few buildings down from BWPPI.

You can't beat the location with BWPPI which is right across the street from the crosswalk. It has a continental breakfast which is not a full breakfast, but a good place to get a quick breakfast in the morning. The rooms are nice which some of them have a sofa bed. You get free Wifi at all the Bestwestern hotels which is a great thing.

The only downside I have with BWPPI is the parking which can get really full and it is very tight to park. It has a small pool in the middle of the hotel. It is not as big as Hojo or other hotels, but if you don't care about swimming then it is no problem. You have to pay for parking which is about $8 a night.

BWAI is a few buildings down from BWPPI. I like to stay at that hotel when BWPPI prices are just way too much. Just like BWPPI, the location is great and the prices can be cheaper than BWPPI. It doesn't have sofa beds like BWPPI, the standard rooms are very nice and updated with LCD TV's. You don't have to pay for parking at BWAI.

The downsides of BWAI is that it doesn't offer a continental breakfast and the parking can get really full at specific times of the day.

Hope this helps you PiO.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #117
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me
 
dgbg100106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 46,675

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
DH has a trip coming up to SF. He doesn't know what the exact dates are...but I suspect that might be too early. I am on the fence as to whether I want to hop on a plane with him or not.

Of course, I am being rather presumptuous about possibly catching up with you and David if the timing was right....
Would love to meet up with you if the timing is right...
David does not know if he is coming... I am going for work.
__________________
Brandi & David Thanks Lulu's Mom

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #118
PrincessCC
Earning My Ears
 
PrincessCC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6

Great PTR!!! I'm plannning a trip to WDW in October 2013.

The food porn is great. I love the ones from your WORK weekend. I work with a bunch of foodies. Everytime we have contest at work with food being the prize, my branch always wins. I'm hoping the big bosses don't catch on and we end up with pizza for our year end bonus.
__________________
CC : Patches

Christmas 1973 WDW-Grandpas 1975 Disneyland-offsite 1978 WDW-Buena Vista Palace 1984 WDW-Poly 1988 WDW-Magic Music Days-offsite 2013 WDW- Poly

PrincessCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #119
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 89,232

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
We always stay at the Embassy Suites I like the breakfast and the drinks in the evening
I like the Embassy Suites as a chain. They do good breakfast as well; but I thought it was a little far away from the gate. Is it walkable?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
I always stay at Best Western Park Place Inn which is the closest offsite hotel right by the DLR or Best Western Anaheim Inn (which I stayed this past trip) which is a few buildings down from BWPPI.

You can't beat the location with BWPPI which is right across the street from the crosswalk. It has a continental breakfast which is not a full breakfast, but a good place to get a quick breakfast in the morning. The rooms are nice which some of them have a sofa bed. You get free Wifi at all the Bestwestern hotels which is a great thing.

The only downside I have with BWPPI is the parking which can get really full and it is very tight to park. It has a small pool in the middle of the hotel. It is not as big as Hojo or other hotels, but if you don't care about swimming then it is no problem. You have to pay for parking which is about $8 a night.

BWAI is a few buildings down from BWPPI. I like to stay at that hotel when BWPPI prices are just way too much. Just like BWPPI, the location is great and the prices can be cheaper than BWPPI. It doesn't have sofa beds like BWPPI, the standard rooms are very nice and updated with LCD TV's. You don't have to pay for parking at BWAI.

The downsides of BWAI is that it doesn't offer a continental breakfast and the parking can get really full at specific times of the day.

Hope this helps you PiO.
Thanks Bret. I will keep the BWs in mind. I liked what I saw of your room in the TR.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCC View Post
Great PTR!!! I'm plannning a trip to WDW in October 2013.

The food porn is great. I love the ones from your WORK weekend. I work with a bunch of foodies. Everytime we have contest at work with food being the prize, my branch always wins. I'm hoping the big bosses don't catch on and we end up with pizza for our year end bonus.
Thanks! Now that's a bonus worth working for!!!

Welcome to the Dis....and welcome to my PTR. Really appreciate you stopping in here; particularly if you're going to be there in Oct 2013 as well.

What are your dates?
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:53 PM   #120
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 89,232

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Would love to meet up with you if the timing is right...
David does not know if he is coming... I am going for work.
Just checked with DH. Looks like he's going mid October, and the timing doesn't overlap with your trip. I'm not sure I'll be going....it is still during school term time.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: