Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #46
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
You definitely should! The photoboard subforum doesn't move anywhere near the speed of the others.
can you pm me the link...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #47
dgbg100106

Quote:
It's An Actual Planning Post - first rough dates!

It eventually had to happen. I knew I couldn't just keep this thread completely off-topic for long. But really, I guess I should think about some basic planning posts so that I get to keep this thread active on the PTR section of the boards.

This trip for me is all about DisMeets. At this stage, it would seem like I have potential Dismeets in DLR, WDW and if I go to NY; in NY.

The Gamers planning on going to WDW have been having some discussions about dates and I think we're almost settled on being in WDW somewhere from after the start of October through to however long the individual gamers want to stay for.

I had thought that maybe I could head over to NY after WDW to see the start of the fall colours but if I did that, DS would need to be out of school for 2 weeks. I guess that as this trip really is about the DisMeets, seeing the full colour Mother Nature palette can wait till another trip.

So...my dates are looking like this:

21 Sep - arrive LA and head to DLR. I tend to stay off-site at DLR.

24 or 25 Sep - LA to NYC. Anyone have any recommendations for places to stay in NYC?

~ 29 or 30 Sep - NYC to MCO. DH and I would like to take DS to UA between 30 Sep to around 2 Oct. I figure he'd enjoy the rides there and DH and I will enjoy going back to WWoHP.

~ 2 Oct - WDW. I'm hoping to stay at BCV.

No later than 8 Oct - MCO to Hawaii. DH really doesn't know about Aulani and I'm pretty sure his idea of Hawaii is a chillax on the beach, shopping, Polynesian Cultural Centre, Pearl Harbour and did I mention chillax? I'm going to have to think about how I sell Aulani to him...if at all. Sometimes, it is better to know when not to start a debate.

No later than 11 Oct - head home

That would mean that we could be at WDW from 2 - 8 Oct. I think this timing would work for the other Gamers coming to the meet.

And it gives me some rough dates to play with.

Sounds like a good plan and you will be there for the F&WF around the first week in October... which will make BCV hard to get. Any of the EPCOT resorts will be booked fast.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #48
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Sounds like a good plan and you will be there for the F&WF around the first week in October... which will make BCV hard to get. Any of the EPCOT resorts will be booked fast.
BUT, If a BCV owner who has been saving her points books a 2 bdrm lock off at 11 months, it could work. Only problem is how to.work out check in. I wonder if they would let you check in PIO while we are flying.
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #49
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
BUT, If a BCV owner who has been saving her points books a 2 bdrm lock off at 11 months, it could work. Only problem is how to.work out check in. I wonder if they would let you check in PIO while we are flying.
Yes... I did that last year with friends on mine and they checked in just fine without me there, now their names were on the ressie...

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 07-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #50
franandaj

Quote:
Yes... I did that last year with friends on mine and they checked in just fine without me there, now their names were on the ressie...
OK Good to know, did they pick up all the keys or just their keys. I would have all five of our names on the reservation, Fran and I would be in the 1 br and PIO and her family in the studio. On the days when we were having the BBQ or friends were gathering, we could open the door, and days we were doing separate stuff, we would still have our own rooms. It would just mean that we wouldn't have to take and elevator and walk down a hall to meet up or worse yet, carry a tray of marinating swordfish or steaks! If Dana can come, she can bake her cake in our oven.

If Fran needs a nap, she can always go in the bedroom and close the door (she is asleep in our room right now as I type this!)
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 07-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #51
dgbg100106

Quote:
OK Good to know, did they pick up all the keys or just their keys. I would have all five of our names on the reservation, Fran and I would be in the 1 br and PIO and her family in the studio. On the days when we were having the BBQ or friends were gathering, we could open the door, and days we were doing separate stuff, we would still have our own rooms. It would just mean that we wouldn't have to take and elevator and walk down a hall to meet up or worse yet, carry a tray of marinating swordfish or steaks! If Dana can come, she can bake her cake in our oven.

If Fran needs a nap, she can always go in the bedroom and close the door (she is asleep in our room right now as I type this!)
They just picked up their keys, we did have one minor problem with the charging, all the key were loaded with my CC so I had to take them all back and have them redone, without charging allowed on our friends card.

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 07-28-2012, 12:55 AM   #52
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Thanks for the heads-up....

Quote:

It is so nice to have DisFriends that are AWESOME!

Quote:
Brandi - This information is also INVALUABLE! It's nice to know that two check-in dates can be done by Disney.

Quote:

Alison - are you doing a DP or going OOP? DH and I were thinking that we would need to look at the sums of where we want to eat and figure it out. Do you or Brandi know if there will be a problem if one of the two rooms are DP and the other OOP?

In any event, we're pretty flexible either way.

Quote:
They just picked up their keys, we did have one minor problem with the charging, all the key were loaded with my CC so I had to take them all back and have them redone, without charging allowed on our friends card.
Hmmmm. DH and I have traditionally set up charging back to our KTTW everytime we've gone. If there is going to be a recurring minor problem, we can always think about using CC for payments. It does, however, defeat the purpose of a very convenient KTTW as a one stop-card for everything.

But again...no biggie. We're flexible either way.

Thanks for all the great information ladies! Much appreciated.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:14 AM   #53
franandaj

Quote:
Brandi - This information is also INVALUABLE! It's nice to know that two check-in dates can be done by Disney.

Alison - are you doing a DP or going OOP? DH and I were thinking that we would need to look at the sums of where we want to eat and figure it out. Do you or Brandi know if there will be a problem if one of the two rooms are DP and the other OOP?

Hmmmm. DH and I have traditionally set up charging back to our KTTW everytime we've gone. If there is going to be a recurring minor problem, we can always think about using CC for payments. It does, however, defeat the purpose of a very convenient KTTW as a one stop-card for everything.

We will probably set it up so that we are checking in on the same day. It would be difficult to make it work otherwise, but we may need to tweak the KTTW stuff on the second day.

I finally checked and the 2nd is a Wednesday which makes it our supposed ideal flying day. Fran thinks that we should fly on Wednesday because then we can go to band the night before, but she doesn't take into account that I like to have the suitcases packed two nights before we are ready to go so that I can put them into the car the day before we go. As a result the night before we are leaving, I am packing the suitcases with we clothes and at 1AM I am putting them in the car, usually I get to sleep around 2 or 3 AM and she wakes me up at 4AM so we can finish HER packing at 5-6AM. I want to be on the road at 6AM and by 7:30 we are finally on the road. Our flight is usually at 8:30 or 9:AM so by this point I'm having a coronary! And we think this is vacation. She wonders why I am always pushing her to pack early. I sometimes wish she would read these TRs!

Old 07-28-2012, 03:09 AM   #54
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
We will probably set it up so that we are checking in on the same day. It would be difficult to make it work otherwise, but we may need to tweak the KTTW stuff on the second day.

I finally checked and the 2nd is a Wednesday which makes it our supposed ideal flying day. Fran thinks that we should fly on Wednesday because then we can go to band the night before, but she doesn't take into account that I like to have the suitcases packed two nights before we are ready to go so that I can put them into the car the day before we go. As a result the night before we are leaving, I am packing the suitcases with we clothes and at 1AM I am putting them in the car, usually I get to sleep around 2 or 3 AM and she wakes me up at 4AM so we can finish HER packing at 5-6AM. I want to be on the road at 6AM and by 7:30 we are finally on the road. Our flight is usually at 8:30 or 9:AM so by this point I'm having a coronary! And we think this is vacation. She wonders why I am always pushing her to pack early. I sometimes wish she would read these TRs!
I'll aim for the 2nd but I think my plans might need some tweaking still.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #55
franandaj

Quote:
I'll aim for the 2nd but I think my plans might need some tweaking still.
Well you have until 11 months prior to make the first reservation, then I can modify it until availability is gone.....

Old 07-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #56
dgbg100106

Quote:
Thanks for the heads-up....

It is so nice to have DisFriends that are AWESOME!

If it is on one reservation everyone has to do the same thing... If there are different reservations than it can be different.

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 07-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #57
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I am having trouble keeping up with everything. I didn't read all 4 pages yet.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #58
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:

We are looking into flying in on the 2nd as well.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #59
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Nice plans, DL, NYC, WDW and Aulani! I agree I think you need to stop and relax at Aulani too.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:54 AM   #60
franandaj

If you folks want one of the DDPs then we will need to book a separate studio and one bedroom not guaranteeing we will be anywhere near each other. That's OK, if you want a dining plan that's fine. We just can't eat that much. We usually split a dessert IF we order them, so the DDP makes no sense for us, the only way it would work is if we planned to eat at a buffet every night and have our breakfast and lunch at at CS and we would split both meals. We don't usually eat three big meals a day, splitting to CS meals for breakfast and lunch and having a TS for dinner would be three big meals a day.

We normally start with a yogurt or English Muffin for breakfast, a larger meal at lunch and a fairly reasonable dinner, Disney meals are way larger than we ever plan on eating at home, so we usually split them. I don't know how people eat on the dining plan! I would never eat that much!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: