Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Can't We Just Travel by Map? Oct 2013 PTR

Hello Disfriends!!!! I finished a TR last week that kept the magic alive for the past 8 months of my life...so what to do now?!? Start a PTR of course!!! We will be going back to Disney October 9-15th. We have always gone in March, when they had the Flower and Garden Festival. We look forward to enjoying the Halloween Party and Food and Wine Festival this go round. I hope you will join me on my journey back to our Happy Place!

Allow me to introduce the oopsiDAISY family to you...

First there is me, oopsiDAISY:

I thought this would be a fitting photo since we WILL be at WDW for our very first Food and Wine Festival! I am Connie, 41 year old wife and mother of three. I work full time at a local private university. I am obsessed with Disney. (But aren't we all? After all, isn't that why we are on the Disboards?) I love to read and I love to cook...when there is time to "do it up right." I am addicted to FUN! I live in a constant state of planning for fun stuff to do with my hubby and kids. Stick around to see movie nights, campouts, concerts, zoo trips...whatever fun stuff I can find for us to do!

Next up is DH:

Brian is 36 years old. He is an aviation maintenance planner. He is a Star Wars geek and a video game junkie. Brian's a wonderful husband and a fantastic father to our children. On our last Disney trip he finally drank the koolaid and now loves Disney ALMOST as much as I do.

Then we have DD13:

Jillian just turned 13 in September. She is a daddy's girl. She loves Star Wars, Twilight, Hunger Games, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean...and whatever else ISN'T girly! She is an adrenaline junkie to the MAX. She loves all the thrill rides. She likes things that scare her. She also has my love of cooking.

And DD10:

Charity is my girly-girl. She loves all things pink and sparkly. She does NOT like thrill rides. She is a people person, and loves to keep her social calendar just as full as Mommy and Daddy will allow. Charity is just as her name indicates~ she is very kind and loving, therefore she has lots of "best friends".

And the caboose to our oopsi-train is DS6:

Gabriel is indeed a character, and he is ALL BOY! He amazes us every day with his vivid imagination...we just love that about him. He has an entire wall of hooks in his room devoted to his costumes. He likes Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones and super heros of all kinds. He wanted to try ALL the thrill rides last time we went, but just wasn't tall enough for some of them. He told us all that week, and still tells us that he will be seven years old next time we go, so he will get to go on EVERYTHING.

And joining us on this trip will be the oopsiParents:

This is my mom and dad (Janet and Donald). Not only are they the most awesome parents ever...they ROCK as grandparents! They live seven hours away from us, so we don't see them as often as we would like, but our kids stay with them three weeks out of the year (1 week each for Spring, Summer and Fall breaks). They are where I got my addiction to fun from. They love to travel and everyday occurances become a party when they are around.

Brian's parents may or may not be joining us also....we are still trying to talk them into it. Also a possibility are my BFF and her hubby...and kids...and parents.

This could prove to be a WILD and CRAZY week at Disney. Not only will we be surrounded by lots of IRL family and friends, but there are a couple of Dismeets in the works as well. So get ready for a WILD ride friends!!!

Last edited by oopsiDAISY; 01-08-2013 at 01:58 PM.
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Introductions
The History of the PTR Title
Trunk or Treat 2012
Let the Countdown Begin...
Saving for Disney "Mad Money"
IRL Randomness #1
Toy Story Movie Night
Wouldn't It Be Great If...
Christmas Fun Plans
IRL Randomness #2
Investing in Our Children Now or in Our Future?
OFFICIAL DATES!!!
Catching Up
The Beginning of the Real Planning
Let the Craziness...I mean Memories Begin
Touring Schedule TAKE 1
Christmas Pictures
Reservations have been made...Sort of
A Bug's Life Movie Night
Gotta have some Prayers and Pixie Dust to Make this Happen
Change of Plans
Disney Surprises in the Mail
IRL Randomness #3
Weekend Disney Fun
A Nashville Dismeet
Finding Nemo Movie Night
Easter 2013
We Finally Have Some Plans Now!
Swiss Family Robinson Movie Night
Honk~ the musical
Incredibles Movie Night
IRL Randomness #4
REAL Trip Plans
IRL Randomness #5
Louisville, KY Trip
Louisville, KY Trip Part 2
Lowes Monsters University Build and Grow Workshop
The DANCE
Baseball, Food & Fireworks...Happy 4th of July!
Best Day EVER!!!!!
Gabe's Indy Birthday
Gabe's Indy Birthday Part 2
Mickey Mail!!!!
Weekend Trip
Country Bears Movie Night
Nashville Zoo, August 2013
I Have Trip Plans!!!
Lion King Movie Night
IRL Randomness #6
Weekend Fun
Jillian's 14th Birthday

Jungle Book Movie Night
T Minus 19 and Counting

Last edited by oopsiDAISY; 10-03-2013 at 08:35 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Ooh, I'm in!! Can't wait to follow along--I love all of the Disney fun stuff you all do!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Hey Oopsi!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made it!!!

Loved meeting your family again - the pictures you posted are perfect representations of them!

I didn't realize that you were bringing family with - how awesome!!!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
solana131
DIS Veteran

I'm in too! Yay oopsi...can't wait to meet you and your adorable family!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
disny_luvr
DIS Veteran

I'm in! I read your entire TR of your most recent trip today. I'm home right now riding out Hurricane Sandy and it helped me pass the time. I'm looking forward to being along for the ride as you plan your next trip. I must admit I'm slightly jealous as we have no future trips to Disney planned. We were down in June and had a blast. We are going on a Disney cruise next year so hopefully that will hold me over, but I really, really, really miss Disney World.

Upcoming Trips:
Beach Club ~ June 27-June 30, 2015/Polynesian Village ~ June 30-July 6, 2015
Disney Fantasy: 7-night Western ~ November 28-December 5, 2015
Past Trips:
* Polynesian ~ August, 2014 *
* Disney Fantasy: 7-night Eastern ~ November/December, 2013 * Disney Magic: 2-night Cruise ~ August, 2012 * Beach Club Villas ~ June, 2012 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November/December, 2010 * POP/CBR ~ May, 2009 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November, 2004 * Dixie Landings ~ April, 1996 * CBR ~ June, 1991 * Fort Wilderness ~ June, 1984 *
disny_luvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #7
ravensterling3
Earning My Ears

I'm in too I need to get off my lazy butt and start my PTR. I only have 7 months to go
Old 10-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #8
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Found you!!!!!

Going to sit back an read now....
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #9
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in! Your family is adorable. I love the pics of the kids...I feel like I already kind of know them. The personalities you described totally fit the pics! I can't wait to read more!

************************************************** ****************************************
June 1984:Offsite - June 1986:Offsite - July 1989:Contemporary - August 1992:Dixie Landings - June/July 2006:Offsite -
October 2011:All-Star Movies - October 2013:Bay Lake Tower(Lake View) - February 2014:Old Key West
Pixiedust530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #10
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Subbing.

Your children are adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #11
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Joining in!
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #12
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
Ooh, I'm in!! Can't wait to follow along--I love all of the Disney fun stuff you all do!
You were the first one on board...WELCOME!!!! We are definitely a Disney lovin' family. It is common to have a round of 20 Questions Disney going on at our dinner table any night of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Hey Oopsi!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made it!!!

Loved meeting your family again - the pictures you posted are perfect representations of them!

I didn't realize that you were bringing family with - how awesome!!!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans.

D~
You got here second! You didn't win the party, but you definitely deserve this guy>>>>

Yep, my folks are joining us this time. They won't do near as much park time as the rest of us, but they will do a few hours here and there. They have friends that let them in for free. They own a non-Disney time share...but more on that in the days to come...

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
I'm in too! Yay oopsi...can't wait to meet you and your adorable family!
Ah, I can't wait to meet you and your family too, Suzi!!! I am so glad you are forcing your DH to come too...now to figure out how to force him to have some fun! I am REALLY looking forward to this trip...but then again, I REALLY look forward to EVERY trip to my happy place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disny_luvr View Post
I'm in! I read your entire TR of your most recent trip today. I'm home right now riding out Hurricane Sandy and it helped me pass the time. I'm looking forward to being along for the ride as you plan your next trip. I must admit I'm slightly jealous as we have no future trips to Disney planned. We were down in June and had a blast. We are going on a Disney cruise next year so hopefully that will hold me over, but I really, really, really miss Disney World.
Great to "see a new face" on here! I do hope you and your family are all safe. Sandy sure is wreaking havoc in our nation right now.

Well, you can be jealous of our upcoming WDW trip and I will be jealous of your cruise, deal? I want SO BADLY to do a Disney Cruise, but the only way we could swing it financially would be to skip Disney vacation and wait two years to do the cruise...just not sure I want to make a sacrifice THAT big, you know? Are you doing a PTR for your cruise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensterling3 View Post
I'm in too I need to get off my lazy butt and start my PTR. I only have 7 months to go
WELCOME!!! and let me know when you start that PTR...I just love interacting with new Disfriends and getting to know them better!

***edited to say...you started it!!!! I have already made my way over there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
Found you!!!!!

Going to sit back an read now....
Yay, Mo is here!!!! My threadjacking friends have all shown up now!!! (Yes, I am referring to YOU >>>>>> D~, Suzi and Mo!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust530 View Post
I'm joining in! Your family is adorable. I love the pics of the kids...I feel like I already kind of know them. The personalities you described totally fit the pics! I can't wait to read more!
Ah, so glad you are here Pixie!!! Not sure when your dates are, will we be able to meet possibly? BTW~ can I just be jealous that you get to have a "big people" trip? Brian and I WILL do that...someday!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
Subbing.

Your children are adorable.
I just hopped over to your PTR to return the favor!!! I just love seeing my friends from the FB page join the party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Joining in!
Welcome! I just subbed to your PTR as well! Can't wait to catch up on it and read your other reports...

Last edited by oopsiDAISY; 10-30-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #13
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

The History of the PTR Title...

So, how did I come up with the title to this PTR? As you can tell from my former PTR and TR titles, I was never really all that creative ...so THIS time I really wanted something a little more "catchy", a little more FUN! (cause don't forget, I have a serious addiction to FUN!)

We will be driving to Disney this time, which is what we usually do. We got a fantastic deal through SW last time we went, and actually got to fly...and we spoil easily. I am not looking forward to the drive. Historically we have split the trip into two days, driving halfway and spending the night at a hotel along the way. Brian and I have decided to leave after work this time and drive straight through all night. The trip will take about twelve hours. We plan to stock up on 5 hour energy...

A couple of weeks ago we watched the Muppets Movie, again...when all of a sudden inspiration hit!!! When the Muppets needed to get to Paris to find Miss Piggy they knew it would take too long to just drive...so they "traveled by map". It saved SO MUCH TIME! Check out this video if you have no idea what I am talking about, (or if you just want to watch some awesome Muppets movie footage).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv5Xib72wrA

Wouldn't it be fabulous if we could "travel by map"?

Last edited by oopsiDAISY; 10-30-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #14
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

The muppets are my all time favorite!!!! I really wish they would bring back the show..
WHY IS THERE NO muppet smilie icon?!?!?!

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #15
brucerob62
Mouseketeer

brucerob62

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
So, how did I come up with the title to this PTR? As you can tell from my former PTR and TR titles, I was never really all that creative ...so THIS time I really wanted something a little more "catchy", a little more FUN! (cause don't forget, I have a serious addiction to FUN!)

We will be driving to Disney this time, which is what we usually do. We got a fantastic deal through SW last time we went, and actually got to fly...and we spoil easily. I am not looking forward to the drive. Historically we have split the trip into two days, driving halfway and spending the night at a hotel along the way. Brian and I have decided to leave after work this time and drive straight through all night. The trip will take about twelve hours. We plan to stock up on 5 hour energy...

A couple of weeks ago we watched the Muppets Movie, again...when all of a sudden inspiration hit!!! When the Muppets needed to get to Paris to find Miss Piggy they knew it would take too long to just drive...so they "traveled by map". It saved SO MUCH TIME! Check out this video if you have no idea what I am talking about, (or if you just want to watch some awesome Muppets movie footage).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv5Xib72wrA

Wouldn't it be fabulous if we could "travel by map"?

(*would one of my Disfriends who are "in the know" be willing to provide a tutorial on how to create post links for a table of contents?)

WHat is this map thing you speak of? I had to show my kids what one was. I explained not everything is GPS you know.

131 days till next Disney Trip!!
brucerob62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: