Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #106
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Wow...go missing for a while and the whole trip changes! I must say that I am excited and jealous for you all at the same time... So want to do a cruise and going of of Houston is so tempting,
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #107
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Wow...go missing for a while and the whole trip changes! I must say that I am excited and jealous for you all at the same time... So want to do a cruise and going of of Houston is so tempting,
Yep, things move fast around here, lol.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #108
vleeth
I heart Disney

My mind is going crazy and switching around with thoughts of what I have to do for this trip, so thats how this post is going to be...jumping around.

Okay, so I now have enough dresses for Hope. She has formal, semi-formal, and beach dresses. She also has Rapunzel, so she'll have to decide when she wants to wear that one...after we tell her of course!

Which reminds me, last weekend she said she wanted to start saving for a Disney cruise. She is going to be so excited.

I made all new clues for the cruise reveal. Well, designed them, but haven't printed them yet. I also need to print a bunch of stuff for my FE group. I need to print magnets for our door. I need to print stuff to put on my cup and Hopes. I have a drink carrier from Sonic that I'm going to put Disney Cruise stickers on. I need to finish with Hope's Izzy costume...actually need that one for Halloween so better get a move on. All I have left is to cut the loop de loos for the bandana and then heat press it. I also need to work on what my actual FE is going to look like and then make it.

I think I'll stop at Wal-Mart on my way home to look for water shoes.

Oh yeah, I was talking about dresses. I think I'm just going to pack dresses I already have. I do want to look around for a dressy, long sleeve...sweater maybe, to wear when I get cold in said dresses.

Still don't have a room assignment.

Still don't know what we are doing at each port, which reminds me, I want to stop at the library on the way home too.

Need to decide which parking lot to go with in Galveston.

Okay thats it for now...but there is sooooo much more!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #109
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I love that she wants to save for a cruise. she is going to freak out!!!!

Are you on facebook? Let me know and we can friend each other. You can pm me here if you want.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #110
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I love that she wants to save for a cruise. she is going to freak out!!!!

Are you on facebook? Let me know and we can friend each other. You can pm me here if you want.
You know, I really thing she is going to totally freak out! I'm not sure 2 weeks will be enough time for her to get over the shock. I'm soooo excited to tell her. Only 16 days to go!

Tomorrow I will check out all your facebook pics.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:58 AM   #111
vleeth
I heart Disney

They just took Dave back to prep for eye surgery. He didn't tell me until we were brushing our teeth last night that they are putting him under. I've never heard of anyone being put out for lens replacement surgery. At any rate, I'm praying that everything goes well and he can actually see when this is over.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #113
vleeth
I heart Disney

It went well. He won't need the second surgery. It'll be another week or so before we know if he needs glasses. He can already see much better and he still has a few more days before its all healed.

Looks like we could have done WDW after all. That's okay, I'm super excited about the cruise.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #114
vleeth
I heart Disney

Okay, I've got all the clues remade. This time there will be a gift with each clue. I got a Merdia schoolbag for $3.50 on clearance (I love clearance) at Kmart yesterday, that will be her first gift. After that we have goggles, a pool toy, cinderella pj's and a sand bucket that I decorated with her name and lime green Mickeys. Only 10 days to go before we finally tell Hope about this cruise.

From reading another thread, I've figured out that the large majority of people have not been getting room assignments until 10-12 days before they sail, so I'm not stalking that so much anymore. I'd love to know what cabin we'll be in, but I've accepted that I won't know right now, so on to things I can work on!

Last night we started packing. Well, I've had some thing packed for a while now, but we packed more stuff. Mainly Dave's clothes and some of my clothes. Now that it's cold here, it's easier to pack our summer clothes.

Well I'm off to print my clues. I'll try to take some pics and post them later.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #116
vleeth
I heart Disney

Hope dressed as Izzy from Jake and the Neverland Pirates for Halloween. This is also what she will be wearing for Pirate night on the cruise.

Spreading pixie dust.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #118
vleeth
I heart Disney

Three days until we tell Hope about the cruise...I'm super excited!

Here is a pic of the clues she will be following.

Looks like the first clue didn't make it into the photo, but here is the gift that she will get with the first clue.

Got this booksack on clearance at Kmart for under $4.00.

I didn't take pictures of the goggles, Cinderella pj's or pool toy, but here is one of her sand bucket.

After she reads the last clue she will unwrap a box that has balloons (it's a small box so it will be red and yellow water balloons filled with helium) and our cruise documents. I will also have her cruise mug in the box. Here is a pic of it.

The other side of the mug has her name, My First Disney Cruise and the dates of the cruise. lol Looks like there is a marker under my couch!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #119
vleeth
I heart Disney

Tomorrows the big day...well not THE big day, because that would be the cruise...but, its the big day where I FINALLY, AT LONG LAST get to tell Hope about this cruise.

Here is the cup I'll be using!

Old 11-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #120
vleeth
I heart Disney

Tonights the night! She is going to be so and and maybe and . At least I hope shes not or or, .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: