Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #16
Hollyster2
Once Upon A Dream
Cruisin' for a tag & I got one!
I am so excited about the subs returning!

This will be my first 5k also! Can't wait!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #17
GaRain
DIS Veteran

Just a few more days now until the Royal Family 5K. I am excited for those of you that this will be your first! A runDisney event is really spectacular and all others will fail in comparison!
YES - dress up!! Go all out!! It is a fun event. They don't usually sweep the 5Ks, but just don't dwadle. I didn't stop for pictures at the first one I did - am trying to decide about this one. I guess it will depend on my time and what characters are along the course.
I am so excited!
GaRain is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #18
kihart
Earning My Ears

Hello all, looking for some advice. We are thinking about doing the 5k next year on Princess weekend prior to getting on DCL later that day. Tell me all about this! It will be me, my daughter and my mom. I have seen reports of having to keep a certain pace and being picked up if you are not keeping that pace. BUT I have seen things where people did this basically at their leisure(for lack of other words), and I don't mean like they took all day or anything like that. My mom has a bad knee and can walk at a pretty good pace, but wondering what happens if she or anyone slows down?! Any info is appreciated! TIA!!
kihart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #19
Hollyster2
Once Upon A Dream
Cruisin' for a tag & I got one!
I am so excited about the subs returning!

Do not hesitate to do a Disney 5k! Just did my very first one a week ago! Plenty of time to complete it and do not worry about being swept (never saw a sweeper). It is so much fun and there were so many people there with different walking and running abilities. All shapes, sizes, ages and there was a gal walking in a foot cast! I am a new runner and I did the Walk/Run method and did not break any speed records by a long shot, and felt great the whole time. Plenty of people stand in line to pose for pictures and just enjoy the walk. It was so beautiful out! I cannot say enough good things about it Ask any questions you want because I have been talking about little else all week!
Old 03-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #20
Jeslynb
Mouseketeer

How was it, everyone? I am thinking of signing up for 2014. Would love to hear your reports.
Jeslynb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #21
GaRain
DIS Veteran

I have been SUPER BUSY since getting back from Disney, but I wanted to report on this Princess weekend.
First off, the Expo was a MESS!!! I thought I was gonna see some fights break out - come on people, its a fun Disney race! But these people were serious about getting their runDisney merch!!
by day 2, I hear it was better.

I was up super early, had my race gear laid out and got ready to go. I do wish I had stopped at the food court the night before to grab a bannana to eat that morning.
The pre-race area was pretty packed! People were getting their pictures done, they had a DJ and people were dancing to warm up. They even had some food trucks out - but I didn't think a YumYum cupcake was a good thing to eat before the 5K.
There were so many costumes - even saw a woman dressed in her full wedding gown! I think this is one of the things that makes a Disney race so much fun!!
My friend, Mallory, met with me that morning. She was doing the Half the next day and used this as a chance to stretch out her legs and stuff - we did not run, we just walked briskly.
We actually stopped for 1 Princess Photo op - Mulan - since she didn't have a line. The rest of the stops had ridiculous lines!!!
No worries about being swept at a Disney 5K - as long as you finish before 2 hours, you should be ok! Remember, if you aren't in the last corral, you have that time built in as your cusion!
Had a great time - hard to find my mom (cheering section) after - so if you are meeting people, try to pick a spot!

All in all - I love my runDisney 5Ks and I definately think you should sign up for this one. I am pondering doing the Mickeys Jingle Jungle during Food and Wine later this year....
GaRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #22
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

2014?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
I have been SUPER BUSY since getting back from Disney, but I wanted to report on this Princess weekend.
First off, the Expo was a MESS!!! I thought I was gonna see some fights break out - come on people, its a fun Disney race! But these people were serious about getting their runDisney merch!!
by day 2, I hear it was better.

I was up super early, had my race gear laid out and got ready to go. I do wish I had stopped at the food court the night before to grab a bannana to eat that morning.
The pre-race area was pretty packed! People were getting their pictures done, they had a DJ and people were dancing to warm up. They even had some food trucks out - but I didn't think a YumYum cupcake was a good thing to eat before the 5K.
There were so many costumes - even saw a woman dressed in her full wedding gown! I think this is one of the things that makes a Disney race so much fun!!
My friend, Mallory, met with me that morning. She was doing the Half the next day and used this as a chance to stretch out her legs and stuff - we did not run, we just walked briskly.
We actually stopped for 1 Princess Photo op - Mulan - since she didn't have a line. The rest of the stops had ridiculous lines!!!
No worries about being swept at a Disney 5K - as long as you finish before 2 hours, you should be ok! Remember, if you aren't in the last corral, you have that time built in as your cusion!
Had a great time - hard to find my mom (cheering section) after - so if you are meeting people, try to pick a spot!

All in all - I love my runDisney 5Ks and I definately think you should sign up for this one. I am pondering doing the Mickeys Jingle Jungle during Food and Wine later this year....
I really want to do this in 2014 with family.....def a first for me but want to try it!any tips you can share would be great!
Old 03-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #23
3DisneyKids

I'm having an out-of-body experience
I'll have to experiment on DH's computer
I am so lovin' you right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihart View Post
Hello all, looking for some advice. We are thinking about doing the 5k next year on Princess weekend prior to getting on DCL later that day. Tell me all about this! It will be me, my daughter and my mom. I have seen reports of having to keep a certain pace and being picked up if you are not keeping that pace. BUT I have seen things where people did this basically at their leisure(for lack of other words), and I don't mean like they took all day or anything like that. My mom has a bad knee and can walk at a pretty good pace, but wondering what happens if she or anyone slows down?! Any info is appreciated! TIA!!
If all of you can walk even a normal pace for 3 miles, you will be totally fine. I think some people took over 90 minutes to complete the 5k.

We did both the 5k and the Half. So the 5k was just for fun. We walked it, drinking vodka and lemonade in our water bottles, while blowing bubbles. Yes, really. It was truly a stroll pace. And we finished in the middle of the pack.

3DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: