Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 03:46 AM   #46
MickeysStarTrader
I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my squishy

How cute are your engagement pictures?! You picked some great places to take some shots and you both look SO happy I also LOVE your ring! Absolutely gorgeous!
MickeysStarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #47
SeaBreezeBride
Mouseketeer

Lyndsay- Well I'm glad you at least have the wedding plans keeping you busy while he is gone. I'm sure that is so hard for you both. And yes I was very surprised as well.

2012DisneyWorldBride- I got the dress at Hollister. I wasn't as happy with it as I thought I would be because it was really short and I don't have too much to hold it up so I kept having to pull it up but it worked out in the end.

Thanks everyone! I like the pics as well. Can't wait to see how emily captures the wedding
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #48
SeaBreezeBride
Mouseketeer

The Dress

So I know we are 8 months out but I already found my dress! My maid of honor was in town for the summer and I wanted to find my dress with her here so we went to a couple stores in the area, and I tried on a lot before I found the one. I wanted something light weight and simple to go with the type of wedding we are having. I wanted something I won't get too hot in since our wedding is in June as well.

This dress is by Martina Liana and I just fell in love. I got a really good deal on it. It was originally priced at $3500 but I got the sample for $1000!
What do you all think? Also Have not gotten a sash yet that's why she was trying different ones on me. Do you like the crystal belt or the plain colored belt?

these are not the best pictures but that's ok
Old 10-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #49
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

I love your e-pics! Love your ring. Adore the dress you're wearing in the e-pics and the gown you picked is beautiful. Both belts look good, I would go with the encrusted belt for a little extra sparkle.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #50
SeaBreezeBride
Mouseketeer

Thanks Charlie Girl!

Ya i'm leaning towards the encrusted jewel belt as well. It dresses it up a bit!
Old 10-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #51
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Beautiful dress! I got mine over a year before the wedding so 8 months out seems more normal to me.

I agree...love the jewel sash!
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #52
lenshanem

DIS Veteran / DVC Member

I'm subscribing to your thread. I live in Marietta and my family is Disney obsessed. My teenage daughter loves Disney and is hoping to do the college program. We are DVC members at Beach Club and we consider it our second home. I often tell my daughter you need to get married at SeaBreeze Point and have your reception at the Attic! So, I'll be watching your thread with great interest. You are a very cute couple, love the engagement photos! Congrats!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #53
SeaBreezeBride
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenshanem View Post
I'm subscribing to your thread. I live in Marietta and my family is Disney obsessed. My teenage daughter loves Disney and is hoping to do the college program. We are DVC members at Beach Club and we consider it our second home. I often tell my daughter you need to get married at SeaBreeze Point and have your reception at the Attic! So, I'll be watching your thread with great interest. You are a very cute couple, love the engagement photos! Congrats!
Thank you so much! We are Disney obsessed as well! I can't believe we are so close to each other! Wow! Small World! Well thanks for following along with us!
Tell your daughter to do the college program for sure! That is one HUGE regret I have. I work in marietta as an event coordinator but my dream job is to be a wedding planner at Disney. But it is so hard to get into without that internship at Disney. Just like a lot of jobs down there. At least that's what I hear anyway. So tell her to go for it!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #54
SeaBreezeBride
Mouseketeer

Save the Dates are Here!

So beyond excited that our Save The Dates are here!

There is a back story behind these...but first let me explain our theme.
Since we are getting married at Seabreeze Point on the Boardwalk and having our reception at The Attic we came up with a vintage Boardwalk/Disney theme for our wedding. The colors we came up with for the wedding are navy blue, white, light pink, and khaki. We will also have splashes of darker pinks here and there.

Chris plays a big role in the planning of our wedding when it comes to our wedding stationary. The best thing a girl can do is marry a graphic designer

so here they are...

He designed the logo featured on our save the date which we will be using on other various items to tie everything together.

I love the faint boardwalk picture in the background. And also in person these are a little more worn and vintage looking.

I am just in love with these...so proud of my future hubby!

Last edited by SeaBreezeBride; 10-19-2012 at 01:06 PM.
SeaBreezeBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #55
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Just caught up on your PJ! I'm loving everything!

Your dress is gorgeous (I love the jeweled belt)! Your saves the dates are beautiful. I love the vintage postcard and the whole vintage Boardwalk/Disney theme in general! The colours you picked are going to really work well with that theme.

Also your engagement photos are so beautiful. I love the romantic ones of you two dancing and the other ones look like you're having such a carefree and fun time.

Looking forward to reading more!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:53 AM   #56
MickeysStarTrader
I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my squishy

I am in love with your Save the Dates!! They are amazing! That's a great picture of you both that you chose and they really go with your vintage theme. You should be proud!
MickeysStarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #57
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!
I seriously have a Disney addiction

Love the engagement photos!
Love the dress you picked, but I like the navy sash better! - I love the lines in the dress and the navy one looks more crisp and nautical to me.
Wow on the save the dates - so personal and gorgeous!
celerystalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #58
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

I love your save-the-dates!!
Old 10-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #59
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Hi there!! Sorry I disappeared for a bit!! I love everything that has progressed! Congrats on getting your date!! I love your e-pics, I think the dress worked out great!! I also love you were able to keep a pale pink in your colors That dress is gorgeous and what a steal you got it for!! I also like the crystal belt, makes it a little more vintage that you are going for I think!

We actually went to Aulani for our Honeymoon (i typed up a review if you want to peek). We used my parents' DVC points! I definitely recommend staying somewhere different than your guests- honestly even for your honeymoon I might move to even Bay Lake Tower? You don't really have tons of people that will bother you but depending how long they stay you may bump into them when you're trying to have a romantic moment. haha This happened to us leading up to the wedding and I was glad we moved to the MK area (used our free night at the poly) the day after the wedding. We were the only people we knew and it was great!

So glad all your plans are coming along, your theme will be so awesome with the boardwalk and attic! Your save the dates are so fun, good job to your future hubby on the design!
Old 10-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #60
SeaBreezeBride
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
Hi there!! Sorry I disappeared for a bit!! I love everything that has progressed! Congrats on getting your date!! I love your e-pics, I think the dress worked out great!! I also love you were able to keep a pale pink in your colors That dress is gorgeous and what a steal you got it for!! I also like the crystal belt, makes it a little more vintage that you are going for I think!

We actually went to Aulani for our Honeymoon (i typed up a review if you want to peek). We used my parents' DVC points! I definitely recommend staying somewhere different than your guests- honestly even for your honeymoon I might move to even Bay Lake Tower? You don't really have tons of people that will bother you but depending how long they stay you may bump into them when you're trying to have a romantic moment. haha This happened to us leading up to the wedding and I was glad we moved to the MK area (used our free night at the poly) the day after the wedding. We were the only people we knew and it was great!

So glad all your plans are coming along, your theme will be so awesome with the boardwalk and attic! Your save the dates are so fun, good job to your future hubby on the design!

Thanks everyone for all the dis board love! Thanks for advice tric8783! I will have to check out your post on Aulani. I hope you had a great time!
Ya I don't want to run into people especially after the wedding how awkward lol.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: