Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #31
SeaBreezeBride
Mouseketeer

Well we have changed a lot of our wedding in the past couple of days and going back to what we originally wanted! I have had a bad time dealing with the food and beverage manager at Yacht & Beach Club so I decided to move our reception completely. When we met Ashley in person on our last vacation she was great. She sat with us and told us how she could customize a menu for us and how it would be cheaper than doing it through Disney Weddings. Well I've been trying to work with her on customizing our menu and everything I suggest she says they can't do So we have decided to let our Disney Coordinator handle it and will have our reception at the Attic. We are looking to do a brunch since our ceremony will be at 10 am. I just have to have my mickey waffles!

Also we scratched our nautical theme even though I loved it. It was just a little hard to find things "nautical" for the wedding.

So now we are going back to our original plan of doing a vintage boardwalk theme. Our colors are navy, soft pink with hot pink accents, along with khaki and white. We were worried about staying at beach club on our honeymoon with our guests still there so we are going to have them stay at the boardwalk to stick with our theme and we will still honeymoon at the beach club which takes care of that problem. YAY! This makes a lot more sense now. But good thing we didn't make reservations yet
Old 08-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #32
SeaBreezeBride
Mouseketeer

My Wedding Blog

Hey Dis brides! Follow me on my wedding blog as well! Become a fan!

http://somethingblue0202.blogspot.com/

This includes tips on planning your own wedding, our Disney Trip Reports, and our own Wedding plans!
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #33
SeaBreezeBride
Mouseketeer

I need Help Again of course

So I was really wanting a honeymoon to Aulani in Hawaii for the future hubs and I but with the Disney Wedding and all the add on's it was proving to be a little too expensive. So we talked last night and he told me that if we just do the base package for the escape wedding then we can afford the Hawaiian honeymoon. Not sure if we could afford it after the wedding for a while. Should we got for it or not? I need some advice. I am not sure if we should put more money into the wedding since you only do it once...but I mean you only go on your honeymoon once too right? If anyone has any advice or any info on Aulani please feel free to share!!! Thanks all!
Old 08-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #34
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

I'd go for the Honeymoon you want. You need to ask yourself what is more important to you though.

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:12 AM   #35
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Well it depends on what you need. An escape wedding only allows for 20 guests including the Bride and Groom. Is it possible for you to have that few?

The escape package only has a champagne and punch celebration. Do you want a formal reception, or a hawaiian honeymoon.

Just things to consider.
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #36
SeaBreezeBride
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the help ladies! We decided to put more money into our wedding at Disney and hold off on Hawaii. It is so tempting but I feel like with all the new stuff opening at WDW it will be a new experience for us both anyway. I am really looking forward to the new fantasyland! and the new downtown disney area! I think we are also going to do the dinner with an imagineer and the backstage tour and also check out Universal Studios for once even though we are die hard disney fans
Old 09-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #37
SeaBreezeBride
Mouseketeer

First Email!

Well I just got our official first email from Disney Weddings announcing that we will be able to secure our date in october! YAY! Cannot wait to have my actual date set. I hear that once you have your date set with Disney everything else starts falling into place. I hope this is true The future hubs and I cannot wait to start paying some things off and getting our deposits in with Disney and our other vendors. So October 10th is the day I will be calling them

If anyone has any advice for us at this early stage of our wedding planning let us know!
Old 09-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #38
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Just read all your plans so far!! I love how your fiance used the Passporter's book to propose...so cute!

I noticed that you're from GA...I graduated from Georgia Southern in 2008 myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBreezeBride View Post
oh also can anyone tell me how to post pictures...i know I must sound really stupid lol! I see how you can add pictures but every time I try it doesn't work and I try to add it as a link too and that doesn't work either. Maybe one of you knows the secret?
Not sure if anyone answered this yet...but you may be copying the wrong code for the picture...

If it's a picture on your computer that you are trying to post, create a photobucket account and upload them to it...then use the [IMG] code to post pictures in a thread.

If it's a picture you found on the internet, right click it, choose 'Copy image location' if it's available. Then when you go to post it in a thread, click the insert image button (looks like a mountain and sun)...right click and paste in the box that comes up.

If you don't have the option to copy image location when you right-click, then right click and choose properties instead. The properties box should have a link that says location...copy that and paste it into the insert image dialogue box.

I hope that helps!

Quote:
Well we have changed a lot of our wedding in the past couple of days and going back to what we originally wanted! I have had a bad time dealing with the food and beverage manager at Yacht & Beach Club so I decided to move our reception completely. When we met Ashley in person on our last vacation she was great. She sat with us and told us how she could customize a menu for us and how it would be cheaper than doing it through Disney Weddings. Well I've been trying to work with her on customizing our menu and everything I suggest she says they can't do So we have decided to let our Disney Coordinator handle it and will have our reception at the Attic. We are looking to do a brunch since our ceremony will be at 10 am. I just have to have my mickey waffles!

Also we scratched our nautical theme even though I loved it. It was just a little hard to find things "nautical" for the wedding.

So now we are going back to our original plan of doing a vintage boardwalk theme. Our colors are navy, soft pink with hot pink accents, along with khaki and white. We were worried about staying at beach club on our honeymoon with our guests still there so we are going to have them stay at the boardwalk to stick with our theme and we will still honeymoon at the beach club which takes care of that problem. YAY! This makes a lot more sense now. But good thing we didn't make reservations yet
Our ceremony is at 10 am as well...so we're also having a brunch reception. Mickey Waffles were a MUST for my dad.

Your theme sounds really cute too!

Quote:
Thanks for the help ladies! We decided to put more money into our wedding at Disney and hold off on Hawaii. It is so tempting but I feel like with all the new stuff opening at WDW it will be a new experience for us both anyway. I am really looking forward to the new fantasyland! and the new downtown disney area! I think we are also going to do the dinner with an imagineer and the backstage tour and also check out Universal Studios for once even though we are die hard disney fans
I would've made the same decision you did. My fiance and I aren't going to have a traditional honeymoon either...but that's because we're moving less than a week after we get married. Instead we'll just save up and take an awesome anniversary trip.

Quote:
Well I just got our official first email from Disney Weddings announcing that we will be able to secure our date in october! YAY! Cannot wait to have my actual date set. I hear that once you have your date set with Disney everything else starts falling into place. I hope this is true The future hubs and I cannot wait to start paying some things off and getting our deposits in with Disney and our other vendors. So October 10th is the day I will be calling them

If anyone has any advice for us at this early stage of our wedding planning let us know!
I'm not sure if things necessarily start falling into place once you officially start the date...but everything feels more concrete and all the details start rolling along after that happens.
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #39
SeaBreezeBride
Mouseketeer

Thank you Lyndsay for all of the advice! I will have to get some pictures up on my planning journal ASAP! I have been following along with your PJ as well and love everything about your wedding!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #40
SeaBreezeBride
Mouseketeer

Loa

So pam emailed our letter of agreement today! OMG! so excited! I just need to find the time to read over it after work today. Does anyone have advice for us dealing with the LOA before we sent it back to them?

Oh also Chris and I finished our save the dates last week and ordered them from VistaPrint so those should be in soon. I will be uploading pictures for you all to check them out. We are also in the process of designing our invitations.
It pays to be marrying a graphic designer

Hope everyone else's wedding plans are coming along well!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #41
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So pam emailed our letter of agreement today! OMG! so excited! I just need to find the time to read over it after work today. Does anyone have advice for us dealing with the LOA before we sent it back to them?

Oh also Chris and I finished our save the dates last week and ordered them from VistaPrint so those should be in soon. I will be uploading pictures for you all to check them out. We are also in the process of designing our invitations.
It pays to be marrying a graphic designer

Hope everyone else's wedding plans are coming along well!
Pam Pearce? That was our consultant as well.

I'm not sure what kind of advice you are looking for regarding the LOA...just be sure to read it thoroughly...maybe first make a copy of it to make notes / questions with a pen as you go...then transfer all those comments / questions into an email to Pam prior to sending it back? We had an interesting situation because my fiance was deployed when our LOA came...so I had to get the LOA to him via email...wait for him to have time to review it and ask any questions...then get his signature...wait for that to come back...lol...it was fun.

Can't wait to see pictures!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #42
SeaBreezeBride
Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh Lyndsay!

That must have been hard to deal with getting all that handled with him being away on deployment. Ya I thought I would need advice about reading through it until I actually started to and realized it was all common sense and things I have already read a bazillion times on here. lol .
Old 10-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #43
SeaBreezeBride
Mouseketeer

Engagement Pics!!!!

So now that I finally know how to post pics here are our engagement pictures taken at the Boardwalk by the amazing and ultra talented Emily Gilbert

I hope you guys like them
Old 10-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #44
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh my gosh Lyndsay!

That must have been hard to deal with getting all that handled with him being away on deployment. Ya I thought I would need advice about reading through it until I actually started to and realized it was all common sense and things I have already read a bazillion times on here. lol .
I was pretty impressed with how easy to read the LOA was. Typically I get so confused in all the legal talk with contracts...but the LOA wasn't too bad!

Its difficult, in general, having him gone (he's actually out on a mini underway right now )...but there were a lot of details that I got done while he was gone that he didn't necessary need to be part of (such as picking my dress).

Love all your engagement shots...and your ring!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #45
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

Oh my goodness!!! I love your e pics!!! Your ring is gorgeous!

And I have to know where you got that dress for your pics! I want it

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: