Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #136
disneydania
Disney-obsessed & Proud of It

Oh goodness!!! Where to begin? I just love EVERYTHING!!! Your dress, the invitations, your engagement photos. It's all lovely and perfect and you will make a beautiful bride.

Congratulations!!!

My hubby and I also wanted to have a reception at The Attic because we love the Boardwalk so much, but we keep hearing it's a nightmare to book there when you are not a DFTW bride. So we are opting for something at the Swan where are ceremony is being held. Oh well, maybe for our 25 year vow renewal.

I can't wait to follow your planning straight till your big day.

Family Trips: 04/04 Disneymoon POR, 01/05 Disney BabyMoon BWR, 12/06 Baby's 1st DIS Trip WL, 06/11 Boys' Joint B-day Trip CR, 01/13 Family Holiday Trip BCR

My single days: 1st WDW trip '83, WDW '85, WDW '86, DL '88, WDW '94, WDW '96, WDW '97, WDW '98, WDW '99, DLP '00, WDW '00, WDW '01, WDW '02, WDW '03

disneydania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #137
SeaBreezeBride
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydania View Post
Oh goodness!!! Where to begin? I just love EVERYTHING!!! Your dress, the invitations, your engagement photos. It's all lovely and perfect and you will make a beautiful bride.

Congratulations!!!

My hubby and I also wanted to have a reception at The Attic because we love the Boardwalk so much, but we keep hearing it's a nightmare to book there when you are not a DFTW bride. So we are opting for something at the Swan where are ceremony is being held. Oh well, maybe for our 25 year vow renewal.

I can't wait to follow your planning straight till your big day.

Thank you for following along! Honestly it has been a little bit of a nightmare! But I feel like the space is so worth it for some reason lol!
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #138
SeaBreezeBride
Mouseketeer

Buffet Menu, DIY Tees, and New Planner!

Hello Ladies!

This is kinda late but I hope everyone had a great valentines day! There has been a lot going on for us with the wedding recently. First off we just switched planners from Kathleen Reynolds to Kristin Kimberlin. I hate to sound like a complainer but I felt like with Kathleen we were not receiving good customer service and the experience we wanted through Disney. It was going on two months that we still had not heard anything about our menu and it seemed like everything we wanted she shot down quickly. I have heard of other brides having the same issues with her and others who loved her so I am not sure why we had issues with her but moving on...we are so thrilled to be working with Kristin!!! She is amazing and has already figured out half of the things we tried to work with Kathleen on in a matter of a week! YES this girl is amazing!

Our first concern was we were going to have to move our reception venue to St. James which we were not thrilled about. The Attic is not great with our guest count because we have exactly 20 including the DF & I. Which means 4 of our guests would be stuck outside in the heat while everyone else is seated inside. I did not really like the sound of that and the amount of tables was never mentioned to me so I started freaking when I saw a picture of the attic and only 4 tables on the DIS a couple weeks ago. But we decided to put the two kids that will be attending the wedding together at a smaller table located in the space and then Chris & I will hopefully have a sweetheart table added(I have seen these in other pictures). I just could not let go of the Attic. It has a great view, most people cannot access it unless they have a private event, and the space is so great itself that we will not need to add a whole lot of decor.

Now we finally settled our Menu with the Chefs. I don't know if I have mentioned this or not but I am Celiac which means I am VERY allergic to gluten. So it was important to us that our whole buffet be gluten free. The chefs were not great at working with us on this At first we wanted to do a brunch with gluten free mickey waffles but they told us they could not do this due to the waffle makers being used with regular waffle mix. This doesn't really make sense to me because I am offered gluten free waffles every place I go on property. Not sure about that one but after being told that we decided to go for a lunch buffet. Here is our menu!

Cocktail Hour
Strawberry Soup from 1900 Park Fare serviced in martini glasses
Cheese & Grapes Display
Sparkling Cider served in champagne glasses

Buffet
Oven Roasted Baked Chicken Stuffed with Prosciutto, Spinach, and Fontina
Carved to order Ham with Honey Mustard and Pineapple Compote
Bacon Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
Seasonal Vegetables
Brown Derby Cobb Salad with Red Wine Dressing

Drinks
Peach Iced Tea garnished with Peaches and Strawberries
Lemonade
Water
Coffee

and then we will have our cake of course but I might add a dessert station or something else not sure yet. But then Chris and I made these wedding tees for the girls and I with iron-on's we ordered from Etsy. I think they turned out really cute!

Not a great picture...sorry!

Also we have a lot of stuff in the works that I will post soon. We just ordered our guest book and my bridal sash from Etsy which will be here soon. I will also post pictures of my shoes! We also have started working on our reception that we will have at home when we get back from the honeymoon so I will be posting the info on that as well. We are also thinking of having our own little dessert party the night of the wedding but not sure what to do yet. We didn't want to add one because we are already spending a lot. We were thinking maybe buying our guests ice cream at the Beaches & Cream and then watching the fireworks together near Epcot. But that is not sounding great to me. Any ideas anyone?
Old 02-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #139
disneydania
Disney-obsessed & Proud of It

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBreezeBride View Post
Thank you for following along! Honestly it has been a little bit of a nightmare! But I feel like the space is so worth it for some reason lol!
I agree with you completely. We've since booked The Attic for our luncheon and so far all is well. Our catering dept rep is just awesome. I bug her all the time and she doesn't seem to mind.

Family Trips: 04/04 Disneymoon POR, 01/05 Disney BabyMoon BWR, 12/06 Baby's 1st DIS Trip WL, 06/11 Boys' Joint B-day Trip CR, 01/13 Family Holiday Trip BCR

My single days: 1st WDW trip '83, WDW '85, WDW '86, DL '88, WDW '94, WDW '96, WDW '97, WDW '98, WDW '99, DLP '00, WDW '00, WDW '01, WDW '02, WDW '03

disneydania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #140
jessa07
Can we do RnRC one more time??

Just jumping in...I'm an Escape bride doing SBP and the Attic but I'm in April...so soon, ahh! We also have Kristin as our planner.

CBR/Poly: 1997 Poly: 1998 Contemporary: 1999 BWV: 2000 BWV: 2002 BWV: 2004 Off-site: 2006 VWL: 2008 AKL: 2009 BLT:2010 AKL/OKW: 2010 SSR: 2011 BWV: 2012 POP: 2012 BWV/Wedding: 2013 AKL: 2013 BLT: 2014

Our Fairytale Escape Wedding: April 13, 2013 - Sea Breeze Point / The Attic / UK Lochside

Gold Castaway Club Member!
jessa07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #141
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Just caught up on your PJ! Your decor and flowers sound like they'll be absolutely gorgeous. You invites were so cute! And so glad to hear you are finally getting what you want with your new planner! Your buffet sounds delicious, although too bad about the Mickey waffles...

Looking forward to reading more!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #142
SeaBreezeBride
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessa07 View Post
Just jumping in...I'm an Escape bride doing SBP and the Attic but I'm in April...so soon, ahh! We also have Kristin as our planner.
OMG well thank you so much for following along! Kristin is just awesome!
Old 03-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #143
SeaBreezeBride
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Just caught up on your PJ! Your decor and flowers sound like they'll be absolutely gorgeous. You invites were so cute! And so glad to hear you are finally getting what you want with your new planner! Your buffet sounds delicious, although too bad about the Mickey waffles...

Looking forward to reading more!
Your back Little Kitty Marie! YAY! I have to set aside some time to catch up on your PJ as well! Hope everything is going well with the planning!
Old 03-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #144
SeaBreezeBride
Mouseketeer

Brochure, Bridal Sash, Menus, and Shoes!

Hey everyone!

Well Chris and I enjoyed a great lunch last weekend at PF Changs. With our work schedules during the week we really look forward to our Sundays together since this is our one day to go out together which has been consisting of wedding shopping and task day! HA! But anyway after lunch we planned on going shopping for the guys ties. We went last weekend to get them measured and we needed to buy their ties before this weekend for Chris's actual fitting. I can not tell you how many stores we went to to find these coordinating ties. I knew I wanted them all to have the same colors but different pattern that went well together which I felt would help with the vintage feel of our wedding and this task to find these proved VERY difficult. In fact we still have one to find that is just navy and white stripes. But here they are....

I think they are so cute!

Also we have gotten some things in we ordered a couple weeks ago. I ordered my sash from Glamhouse on Etsy and I think they did a great job!
I originally wanted white but my dress is more of a creamy color that doesn't really match with ivory either so I figured it would be better to do the navy ribbon which will match my girls dresses. Here is it!!!

What do you all think? I think it's pretty but I just can't wait to see it with my dress when it is fitted and ready to go! My dress is a size 10 right now because I bought that Martina Liana Sample and I am a size 0! lol

Also we have been waiting on a Vista Print order that we used a Groupon for and it came in this week! Chris designed some menus for our Welcome Dinner at Ohanas and he also designed Guide Maps for our Welcome Baskets that will be in our guests rooms when they arrive....Here they are...

Here is the front of menu

Here is the back that includes a little glitch with the salad since the restaurant just changed their recipe but that's ok

And here is the front of our Guidemap

And for shoes I decided to go with Toms since they are so comfy and I did NOT want to wear heels on my wedding day. So the girls and I decided to go with the pastel pink wedding Toms...

Have a good weekend everyone!

Last edited by SeaBreezeBride; 03-02-2013 at 01:19 PM.
SeaBreezeBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #145
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Love your brochures. Everything looks great

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #146
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

I love your programs! I know its too late, but you could also suggest Splitsville verbally to people as somethign to do! We went last week and had a blast! And I love your Toms! I wore heels for the ceremony and pictures then kicked them off so quickly, lol. And my feet were torn up for days!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #147
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer

I LOVE that menu! I say the line all the time lol

Makes me wish we were having an event there so we could copy you hehe

My resort history: BoardWalk Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo and Kidani, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, WDW Dolphin, Yacht Club, Contemporary and Coronado Springs.
bradleyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #148
asunnysideup
Mouseketeer

Love the ties and your sash! They all look fantastic!

Your brochures rock, what a cute idea.

And I LOVE TOMs! Good choice!

Our Wedding/Honeymoon Trip Report:
Our PJ: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3286282

Our Trip Report:
asunnysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:18 AM   #149
MickeysStarTrader
I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my squishy

I love everything!!! Your menus and guidemap are so cute! Chris did a great job. I love your sash, it's so pretty and sparkly. I think navy was a good choice, it will go great with your dress and will tie in with everything else. I really like the guys' ties also and I know exactly what you mean about how long it takes to shop for the right wedding ties! Good job on finding those ties and good luck with the last one
MickeysStarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:46 AM   #150
MickeysStarTrader
I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my squishy

double post, sorry!
MickeysStarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: