Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #31
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Harrumph! I think your brother should own more than one nice shirt so he can swap out his fave just this once. Does the company make a similar shirt in a different color trim maybe...?
They do! My brother owns about 4 of them, but he says the white one is his "favorite". I might try to get the blue one, but he won't even tell me who makes them as he doesn't want Matt to wear anything that resembles what he's wearing. Sometimes I can't believe we're related . I've tried doing Google searches, but everything I'm finding is entirely paisley instead of just the inside trim and inside of the cuffs.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #32
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Hmmm... this site lets you customize a shirt with contrasting fabric for the button placket, collar and cuffs, but none of the choices are paisley...

http://www.blanklabel.com/Products/Shirt
lurkyloo is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #33
NeverlandClub23

Oh my goodness!!!!! Thank you!! What a wonderful website! This is perfect. Although, let's hope with all the designing options I can actually make my mind up on what the shirt should look like before it's too late to order it . Thanks again! Matt will love this website.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #34
lurkyloo

Oh, great! I'm glad I could help! Just trying to earn that piece of wedding leftover wedding cake in the mail...
Old 09-13-2012, 08:03 AM   #35
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Just found your PJ. Loving all your plans. What did the cousin/uncle want? Bit selfish of your brother with the shirt. Can't wait to see the photos!
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #36
NeverlandClub23

Quote:
Oh, great! I'm glad I could help! Just trying to earn that piece of wedding leftover wedding cake in the mail...
You got it! Can't say how big that slice of cake might be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Just found your PJ. Loving all your plans. What did the cousin/uncle want? Bit selfish of your brother with the shirt. Can't wait to see the photos!
Thank you! And thanks for reading along!

I have no idea! She never called me . I'm thinking maybe she found this thread and now doesn't want to call me . I have a hunch it might be that her Dad wants to do some sort of prayer before lunch (him or his wife typically do a prayer at our holiday get-togethers). Which is fine, but I think they may be disappointed that our lunch will more than likely just be a free for all. I don't think we'll have a way to control our guests as the lunch won't take place right after the wedding and the lunch buffet is already open when we get there for lunch. I foresee people arriving, getting food, sitting in our reserved area, and just coming and going as they please. We'll just set a general time that people should be there in the final newsletter I send out. I had anticipated on thanking them for coming and all that jazz during the welcome party brunch and then just when the majority of people are there during the lunch on our wedding day. Since all of my cousins' weddings have been big events with formal receptions, I don't know if they realize mine is not like that.

My brother has always been pretty selfish, unfortunately. I'm still hoping he will be able to find a girl that will change him a little for the better. Matt says he wants to talk to him about the shirt situation (to see if he'll possibly just wear it to the brunch or something like that), but I don't think he's going to get far. Personally, I think he's going to look pretty silly as a guest in a full on suit when the dress is "beach casual".

Last edited by NeverlandClub23; 09-13-2012 at 10:01 AM.
NeverlandClub23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #37
NeverlandClub23

Beaute Speciale

I finally got around to booking Beaute Speciale for hair/makeup since Patricia Lejeune is not available. I didn't know what to put on the form for the arrival time so I just put that I had to be out the door by 7 a.m. When she responded (is the person that responds typically the person that does the work?), she had filled it out for 4 a.m. to 6:30 a.m. to give me time to get dressed and out the door by 7. 4 a.m.?!? I think my dream of seeing the Osborne Lights the night before our wedding just got dashed (although, I'm pretty stubborn and will probably still try to squeeze it in...).

One thing I definitely want to do is to wake up a little early to soak in the moment of the anticipated day (a la lurkyloo), but I'm afraid my only thoughts that morning might be why the @*!#? I'm up so early .
Old 09-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #38
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverlandClub23 View Post
I finally got around to booking Beaute Speciale for hair/makeup since Patricia Lejeune is not available. I didn't know what to put on the form for the arrival time so I just put that I had to be out the door by 7 a.m. When she responded (is the person that responds typically the person that does the work?), she had filled it out for 4 a.m. to 6:30 a.m. to give me time to get dressed and out the door by 7. 4 a.m.?!? I think my dream of seeing the Osborne Lights the night before our wedding just got dashed (although, I'm pretty stubborn and will probably still try to squeeze it in...).

One thing I definitely want to do is to wake up a little early to soak in the moment of the anticipated day (a la lurkyloo), but I'm afraid my only thoughts that morning might be why the @*!#? I'm up so early .
yeah it takes longer than you think, if I remember rightly they came at 10am for my 2:30pm wedding.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #39
NeverlandClub23

Invitations

While I wanted to have nice invitations, I also didn't want to break the bank on essentially pieces of paper that would get thrown away. I realized if I bought my invitations and folders/envelopes separately, I could save some money. However, this wasn't as easy as I thought. I wanted cards with different information on it (i.e. Response cards, cards for the brunch, and cards for the two dinners I have ADR's for), but places like Zazzle and Vistaprint didn't have a wide variety of sizes of cards. You basically have your 5X7 card and then the same size smaller cards.

I ordered the shimmery gray pocketfolds, envelopes, and "watermelon" response card envelopes from www.envelopemall.com for a total cost of $57 (I bought them all as samples and paid only $1 for shipping).

I designed the invitations through a template I found on Vistaprint. Then I got creative with all the other little cards and edited them for what I needed. For example, my "Family Dinner" card was a Save the Date card.

Then I borrowed my parent's 30-year-old trusty paper cutter and cut them all down to the size I needed to fit my pocketfolds. The invitations are 5X7, but so is the inside area of the pocketfold. I also picked up some blue cardstock at Michael's (which was 50% off so I got a bunch of sheets for less than $10) for the background of the invitation. I also picked up some fancy schmancy paper adhesive, but the next day everything barely stuck together so I went back over it with a glue stick.

The cutting was the tricky part as I wanted everything to look uniform and not like I had just gotten a bunch of 5 year olds together for Arts and Crafts.

Here is all the stuff in its blurry glory (I can't find my camera so my cell phone camera had to do and I'm one of the only people in the world that still doesn't own a smartphone, so it's not very high-quality):

From Vistaprint's website:

When I was creating these I had to remember to keep the words away from the sides so I could trim them later.

Front side of brunch info:

Gah! A misspelling! Honestly, even when I saw it, I wasn't too stressed about it. No one reads to the end anyways .

Back side of brunch info:

Front side of response card:

Back side of response card:

Front of "Family Dinner" card (I only ordered 10 of these as it's just for immediate family, now let's just hope they get put in the right invitations! ):

I deleted my email address and cell phone number. Not that I wouldn't love for all of you to call and email me...

Back of "Family Dinner" card:

I really wanted another color, but my only choices were pink, blue, and gray and I had already used the other two. We're paying for the dinner at 'Ohanas, but not the dinner at Biergarten (well, we may, it all depends on how generous we're feeling at the time ) so I listed the prices of the meals at Biergarten.

They also have thank you cards that I may go back and get after my bridal shower. I was just tired of designing these things at this point.

Total cost from Vistaprint (with a retailmenot.com promo code): $82.64

My invitations (without postage) came to: $149.64

I had wanted to stay under $150 with postage, but I'm still happy with what I got for the money. I paid extra for the color backsides and extra to have a "linen finish" on all the cards/invitations, which I think makes it look really nice. I'm still finishing the invitations up, but it's my goal to have them all in the mail by this Saturday!
Old 09-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #40
NeverlandClub23

Booked our flights!

A couple of months ago I decided to sign up for the Southwest credit card. I had been using our Chase Disney card almost exclusively for years, but wanted to earn rewards that could be used to go more places. The promotion at the time was for 50,000 points. Our flights at the time were 26,000 points. However, I had to wait FOREVER for the points to post and they FINALLY just did today. Meanwhile, our flights have gone up to 32,000 points . I booked them anyways as we can always change them and get credited the point difference if they go back down (here's hoping!). So the total cost for our tickets is $79 ($69 annual fee, plus $10 for the fees they *have* to charge).

We leave early Saturday morning (December 8th) on a non-stop flight and return the following Sunday (December 16th) in the early afternoon on another non-stop flight. I have off of work that Monday, but I always need a day to get myself together before heading back to work.

I'm still looking into boarding for our dogs. I sent an email to a place a friend recommended a couple of weeks ago to ask a few questions, but never heard anything back . I've also realized that for a nice place, our dogs are going to have almost the same cost of accommodations as we are going to have!

One thing down, a million more to go!
Old 09-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #41
NeverlandClub23

I don't know why my Flickr photos aren't showing up . I'll try uploading them to photobucket tonight instead...
Old 09-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #42
lurkyloo

Great updates! Sorry you have to get up at 4am for hair and makeup, but I have a hunch you'll be running on pure adrenaline all day and won't even notice the lack of sleep.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #43
NeverlandClub23

Quote:
Great updates! Sorry you have to get up at 4am for hair and makeup, but I have a hunch you'll be running on pure adrenaline all day and won't even notice the lack of sleep.

Thank you! I don't terribly mind getting up so early (I mean, it is my wedding day after all), but I may be a zombie that night for our dinner at Jiko. My biggest fear about this trip and honeymoon is that I'm going and try to do SO much stuff that I'm going to stress myself out trying to cram it all in. I do that at home and always seem to run out of hours in the day, I'm hoping I can relax and go with the flow more on this trip!
Old 09-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #44
NeverlandClub23

Wedding Dinner Dress

I think the search for the dress I wanted to wear for our wedding night dinner at Jiko was more stressful than finding my wedding dress. I have literally been looking online for months. Well, I finally bought one last night!

I wanted it to be lace (either in white, ivory, gold, or silver) with 3/4 or long sleeves as I am always cold. However, every dress I was finding was either too clubby, too boho and flowy, too expensive, or the lace was too cheap looking (and, I know from experience, that cheap lace dresses will drive you crazy with how itchy the "lace" part is).

I did many Google searches, looked at all 5,291 dresses Macy's has online, glanced through Overstock and Amazon, and did a search on Ebay just about every day.

I can't find a picture of the back of the dress (there is one on Amazon), but it's a lower scoop back.

It's a Ralph Lauren silver metallic dress that I found new with tags on Ebay for less than $50 with shipping . This wedding is sponsored by Ebay .

Last edited by NeverlandClub23; 09-21-2012 at 08:35 AM.
NeverlandClub23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #45
Bewitch324
DIS Veteran

OOOO Pretty. I love your wedding dinner dress. That will look so pretty on you!!!

love the invites too! Fun and festive!

Brooke
Bewitch324 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: