Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #136
rubberbootbunny
Mouseketeer

well I have started packing for the cruise in 299 days. I went and sorted out the Stuff I wont need till the next cruise (Seabands, DCL laundrybag, FE) and packed it last night. It felt great.

my new planning thing is we are hunting out activites we want to find out more about from the navigators for the dream.

rubberbootbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #137
Princess_Kayla
Pre Published Author

Just got some of our FE gifts in the mail! ^^ packing them away!

Dream~06/15/12 Fantasy~05/31/14
Princess_Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #138
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumbie13
I overplan as well, big time.

That's why I fell in love with cruising.
I spend so much time planning out vacations and trying to make them perfect that I get stressed out.

With cruising, I plan like crazy, then, as soon as I'm on the ship, my time's all mine. I don't look at navigators beforehand to try to see what's going on, I just look at them when I get them. If we want to do something, we do it. If we don't, we don't. It's so nice to have a completely relaxing vacation!
Too funny this is me! Well with WDW planned like crazy for a 8 day trip but once there we didn't look at my charts only to see where we will e eating that day! I have 389 days til our cruise and I am preparing my plan mode!!!!
Ccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:21 AM   #139
rubberbootbunny
Mouseketeer

Still over planning. My daughter is becoming addicted to it as well. For our next cruise we are going to WDW as well so I get the joy of double planning. I am considering packing different suitcases for the ship and for WDW. Has any one else done this and how well did it work

Old 03-04-2014, 05:07 AM   #140
TweedleDee/Dum
Mouseketeer

Ok... All you over planners!! Do you have any lists that you would like to share??
TweedleDee/Dum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:05 AM   #141
minniemouse1
Member of the Grand Slam Club!

My sister who is cruising with us made the mistake of asking me about 2 months ago what she needed to pack for her DH and DD 1 1/2. Well... after I emailed her a 3 page document sufficiently named "packing list" she then called me and said "you're nuts! I only read the first 4 things then forwarded it on to DH (her husband)."
I have no idea what she means. I started packing bags of items (not clothing) about 8 months out, had my son packed except for undies and socks in October and all my FE gifts purchased but not made by December. I have a 3 ring binder with all of our travel info, FE info, excursion, hotel and cruise reservations and lots of other Fantasy info. My DH just shakes his head at me but then is thrilled with the mini pharmacy I pack when someone comes down with pink eye on our 24 hour car ride to FL and I have the prescription eye drops that I filled before we left home.
I am an obsessive vacation planner/packer and couldn't be happier. I am almost done with this vacation, less than 30 days until we leave, and I am ready to start on the next!
Wonder 2001 4 Day
Magic 2003 7 Day Western
Magic 2005 7 Day Eastern
Magic 2007 7 Day Eastern
Dream 2011 4 Day
Fantasy 2014 7 Day
Magic 2015 7 Day Mediterranean
DH me DD13 DD12 DD9 DS5
minniemouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:40 AM   #142
BellsFam
Mouseketeer

*Joining the crowd*!

I'm a super over-planner...I do have charts and spreadsheets, usually a dedicated notebook that is for the specific trip...

I have the added bonus of doing things last minute though, so at this moment, I know what I want to do, but I'll end up booking at the last minute...

So I know right now which cruise I want to take, I've figured out exactly, between airfare, transfers, tips, excursions, etc. how much it will cost. I've compared that to a trip to WDW, (two routes, $$$ and $$)...

I have pre-made lists of what to pack for each of us... (my favorite packing trip is putting all DD's clothes into freezer bags, bottom, top, clean under garments, socks, hair clips) all one outfit, one bag... so grab a bag at the hotel to slide into a backpack to have a quick change of clothes)... Keeps all her things super organized too...

I'm not super great about the to-do before hand (around the house) ... like we don't cancel mail or anything like that... just clean out the fridge of perishables...
BellsFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:20 AM   #143
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberbootbunny View Post
Still over planning. My daughter is becoming addicted to it as well. For our next cruise we are going to WDW as well so I get the joy of double planning. I am considering packing different suitcases for the ship and for WDW. Has any one else done this and how well did it work
I try to pack different suitcases for different sections. This avoids opening any other bag and either losing things or getting them dirty.
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:38 AM   #144
Purr8982
Earning My Ears

Wow! This thread makes me feel super normal!!! LOL!! Our first cruise is 9 months away and everyday I find myself here or looking at fish extender stuff or adding to my lists. I write stuff down to make sure I 1) don't forget and 2) can cross it off. I am in super planning mode to make sure this will be the best vacation yet!!!
Old 03-04-2014, 09:12 AM   #145
breakingd_awn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora's Mommy View Post
I love my lists! When I do something not on my list, I actually add it, just so that I can feel the joy of crossing it off.

Wondering, am I the only one who finds the menus on line so that I can plan what I am going to eat at each MDR? I might change my mind once I get there, but it makes me so happy while I am waiting for my trip!
I'm a list lover also I also plan what I'm going to eat and read the menu's off to my husband and kids,he thinks I'm crazy I also like to make a list of what DH,DD's and I are going to wear each night or to what specific restaurant.Right down to shoes and jewelry.
2011 "DREAMin" for 5 days
2010 Our first "WONDERful" cruise
Shipmates:MeDH
DD(18)DD(16)
DD(11)DD(5)

breakingd_awn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:46 AM   #146
rubberbootbunny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedleDee/Dum
Ok... All you over planners!! Do you have any lists that you would like to share??
Well lets see. I have a packing list that I do in excel. It has headings for what, who owns it, who needs it, where is it, how many, whether or not it is laundered, whether or not it is packed, how many are laundered or packed, and for this trip I'm adding where packed.
I have lists for what to buy, what to find, what needs to get done, what is done. The toiletries and medications are both listed separately. I have charts with when we go, where we go, where we eat, all of the confirmation numbers, the schedules, my payments, my savings, and all of the personal information.
I like to use the spreadsheets so that I can sort the data using the headings. Unfortunately the computer they're in isn't on line ans this phone won't connect to it. If I ever get that sorted out I'll share.

Old 03-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #147
TamieH
Mouseketeer

I have a spreadsheet where I plan spending for upcoming trip for every category of expense. I color code "green" as items are paid for in advance such as airfare, cruise fare, gift cards for meals at airport and etc. I purchase gift cards using "specials" including fuel points for my cruise costs, airfare, travel-related dining and purchases. I track my gift cards using the Disney App. I have another tab on my spreadsheet where I create an itinerary of events by day of trip including dinner dress, booked cruise activities, location, excursions, and etc.

I am addicted to planning and I love every minute.
TamieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:41 PM   #148
abja09
Mouseketeer

I love this thread! I am a planner and most of all I love to plan a vacation especially one Disney related. I drive my family nuts! I am no sooner back from one vacation when I start planning another. Right now I am planning a trip to Florida in July, a DCL cruise in August with pre and post WDW stays and I keep checking the boards for the rest of 2015 so I can move the dummy cruise I booked last month on the Wonder! I am always checking airfares and hotel prices. I love it and don't know what I would do without the planning!! 😄
Old 03-04-2014, 03:16 PM   #149
ptcbass
DIS Veteran

I am an overplanner too! So glad this thread was started. We usually have 6+ months to prepare for our WDW vacations. Well this year we have 2-1/2 months and we are adding in our first cruise! I went into full planning/panic mode and trying to learn all I could about taking a cruise. My DH thinks I am crazy and over doing it. He wants everything to be a surprise.
Ok, so say I took that attitude. We wouldn't have done check in for a early PAT and we would show up at the port (whenever) with no tip for the porters, not know what to have in our carry on, not know what our choices were for lunch as soon as we get on the ship and I guess when we got into a port we just step off the ship and say "ok now what?".
I just can't operate that way! So here I am everyday on the dis boards looking for more answers and information. Glad I'm not alone
You guys are the best!!

1995 CBR, 2000 OKW, 2005 POP, 2008 ASSp, 2010 Pop and POR, 2014 POR and DCL Dream, 2015 Dream
ptcbass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hummor

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: