Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2014, 01:53 PM   #1
uflaw
Earning My Ears

Multiple Staterooms Photo Package

I'm a little confused about the photo packages they offer pre-cruise. :

We have two staterooms (total of 11 people) going on the Wonder for a 5 night cruise.

How are the photos taken in general? Do they use our room key? If so, can we just have our family in the other room use our room key? Or do they have to purchase their own? Chances are the kids and adults are going to be mixed up in every picture.

Any assistance or ideas would be great!

Thank you.
uflaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:21 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uflaw View Post
I'm a little confused about the photo packages they offer pre-cruise. :

We have two staterooms (total of 11 people) going on the Wonder for a 5 night cruise.

How are the photos taken in general? Do they use our room key? If so, can we just have our family in the other room use our room key? Or do they have to purchase their own? Chances are the kids and adults are going to be mixed up in every picture.

Any assistance or ideas would be great!

Thank you.
The full all photo CD is only one per room. The only exception is where there are 2 rooms with mom & minor kids in one room and dad & minor kids in the other. If you are sailing in multiple rooms, as long as one of the rooms purchases the full CD (at full price), subsequent rooms may purchase the CD at 50% off.

If only one room purchases a CD, any photos taken with at least one person from that room in them will be on the CD. Any photos taken with only people from the other room will not be included. Typically they use facial recognition software to determine who's included in any given CD. Room cards are also sometime used.

This is from the My Cruise Photos website:
INFORMATION ABOUT WHO CAN BE ON THE CDs (from the MyCruisePhotos.com website):
The following are benefits of your photo package (digital or print):
• When purchasing any size digital photo package, you will take home all the photos seen on your kiosk account and can choose which photos to keep from home.
• Photos of your children aged 21 and under, who may be traveling in a separate stateroom are included.
• Artistic borders and templates as seen on all printed photos are included.
• Digital photos are in a size and resolution that allow for printing up to 8X10.
• “Unlimited” photos means all the photos in your photo kiosk account and/or all the photos prints that YOU collect while adhering to these terms.

The following is not included with your photo package (digital or print):
• Photos of others in your party not staying in your stateroom.
• Group photos, weddings, Quinces and other special occasion photography services.
• Generic stock photos of the ship, characters, ports of call, etc.
• Any special printing or retouching requests.

For larger families traveling together across multiple staterooms, we offer a discount on the Get the Picture! Unlimited discs: Purchase Get the Picture! Unlimited for one stateroom, and the second Get the Picture! Unlimited disc is 50% off the onboard price.

For pre-cruise purchases on MyCruisePhotos.com, you may purchase the first disc online and additional discs can be purchased onboard for 50% off the onboard price.

The passenger manifest will be reviewed for all purchases; the Booking ID must match the purchasing cabins.

http://image.freshdesk.com/support/s...er-in-multiple

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2014, 02:21 PM   #3
trina830
Earning My Ears

They use your room key, but also facial recognition software. We had 7 people in two staterooms and were able to combine our photos because there were minor children in one room with their parents in a different room. They told us that photos of the non-parent adults in the kids' stateroom would not be included, but the facial recognition software kept mixing up my SIL and me. It ended up that only a few photos were left out of the package and none that we cared about.

You didn't say what the relationships are in your group, but I believe that the official policy is that the packages will be separate unless parents and children are in different staterooms. You can ask about your options at Shutters when you are on board, and maybe they will agree to combine the packages.
trina830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:25 PM   #4
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

The photo packages are per immediate family, which includes parents and minor children. If they are between two rooms, the exception is made to include all of their pictures in one package. With extended family or non-family the option is to purchase a second CD at half price. If you were to purchase the CD, any pictures your family is in with anyone else will be included on your CD; however, any individual pictures that don't include someone from your room will not be. Facial recognition software is used, so it doesn't matter if you give others your room key. Their separate pictures will not be included on your CD.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:26 PM   #5
uflaw
Earning My Ears

Great Info! Thank you.

So from what I read, we are better off going ahead and buying the first Photo Package regardless and then see how things shake out at the end? Meaning if most of the photos we want end up on package one, just be happy! If not, then step up and buy the second package at 50% off. It sounds likely that if the kids are all together we should end up on the one photo package because a lot of them look alike.

The relationship is my wife's brother and his family.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:34 PM   #6
uflaw
Earning My Ears

So if we get the two CDs all our pics will be together? Regardless of who is in which photo?
Old 10-15-2014, 02:38 PM   #7
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uflaw View Post
So if we get the two CDs all our pics will be together? Regardless of who is in which photo?
Each CD will primarily have any photos that include someone from that room. So both CDs would have the same photo if one person from each room was in it. Example: If all the kids have one photo taken together, it will be included on both CDs.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:50 AM   #8
Sarabi's Cubs
DIS Veteran

This information is very helpful!! Thanks!

Laurie

Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 7/79, WDW offsite 6/84, WDW offsite 12/89, GF 9/96, BC 11/03, Disneyland offsite 6/05, BC 4/08, YC 1/2010, POR 12/2010, Disney Magic New Year's Cruise 12/2010, DIS Exclusive Knights & Lights ABD 9/11, Easter Dream cruise 4/2012, BWV 10/2012, Kidani 4/2013, DIS Exclusive Once Upon a Fairytale ABD 9/13, Kidani 12/13, DIS Exclusive Viva Italia ABD 9/14
Sarabi's Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: