Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #76
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralFloridian99 View Post
That would be the smart thing to do TBH.
Even their new thing of limiting items to 5 per person has proved to cause problems with the Sorcerer's merchandise. One day, I will score one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melliej View Post
I have a 7 year old daughter and 4 year old son who are total Star Wars junkies. Are the Star Wars weekends more for adults or are there aspects they would enjoy too? They would be happy with a regular weekend and just doing the Jedi Training Academy. If lines are incredibly long during the Star Wars weekends, it would take away from the "coolness" of it for them.
My 8 year old loves SWW!!! Check out our TR from last year. It's linked in my signature. We started out years ago going to SWW for our oldest child, who is now in college. And now Star Wars has become something our whole family enjoys doing together.

Lines are long for the characters and for the special celebrity shows. But as my son explained it to us, SWW was like being part of the movie! All his favorite characters from the movies and Clone Wars series were right there in front of him! He especially liked the Hyperspace Hoopla which we watched from the Idol screen when they broadcasted it from there.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #77
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post

Do you think that will hold true even over the holiday weekend? I've been counting on Sunday being just as bad as Saturday because so many people have Monday off work.
Sunday will still be less crowded.

The force will be with you, always.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #78
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

Anyone think this will be in Hyperspace Hoopla next year?

http://m.youtube.com/?reason=8&rdm=8...%3D9bZkp7q19f0

Old 09-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #79
srauchbauer
DIS Veteran

count us in we have not picked a date yet (any suggestions on the best time to go).
Disney Cruise 2012 (Wonder, Fantasy), 2013 (Wonder)
Old 10-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #80
CentralFloridian99

Quote:
Originally Posted by srauchbauer View Post
count us in we have not picked a date yet (any suggestions on the best time to go).
The first weekend is less crowded. Friday is theleast crowded, followed by Sunday then Saturday.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #81
srauchbauer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The first weekend is less crowded. Friday is theleast crowded, followed by Sunday then Saturday.
thanks for the info sounds like the first weekend - time to start planning and reading for SWW.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #82
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Except for event merchandise shopping, the first day will be most crowded.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #83
CentralFloridian99

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Except for event merchandise shopping, the first day will be most crowded.
Yeah, watch out if you're going on day one

Old 10-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #84
srauchbauer
DIS Veteran

Another quick question; how is the first week in June wondering about weather and crowds. Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #85
irishsharon
DIS Veteran

I was planning on May 24-June 2 but after reading some crowd level predictions I was wondering if I should plan May 17-26.Or do you think it really wont matter.First family trip so want to make it great
Old 10-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #86
CentralFloridian99

Quote:
Originally Posted by srauchbauer View Post
Another quick question; how is the first week in June wondering about weather and crowds. Thanks
This year, the first June weekend rained out, so we'll have to see what weather will be like closer to then.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #87
CentralFloridian99

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsharon View Post
I was planning on May 24-June 2 but after reading some crowd level predictions I was wondering if I should plan May 17-26.Or do you think it really wont matter.First family trip so want to make it great
The latter is the better option.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #88
evcollins
Mouseketeer

Star Wars 2013

We are headed back for a Disney wedding that will also coincide with Star Wars Weekend. We are super excited to head back to SWW! Last year was our first time to Disney altogther and then add SWW into that, we got a lot done, for sure!

So since it was our first time, we wanted to experience regular HS and SWW activities. This year, we'll hit more of the SW shows, PMC and Hoopla this time around. We woke up at 5:00am to get dressed, eat breakfast at the hotel and drive to HS. Plan was to be at the gate no later than 7:00am. I was determined to get the first JA for the day. Right across from JA (kids need to be present to sign up for JA), is PMC sign-ups. There were two spots left by 9:00am, exactly what I needed BUT kids had to be there, too, to sign up. They were on Star Tours b/c there was no wait.

I've attached our TP from last year. Crowds were moderate. I was getting butterflies while planning because I was thinking super crowded and packed. We didn't feel like it was overly crowded, though, which was great. We went the second weekend, on Saturday. It was hot, but not unbearable. We live in Texas! I'd say it flowed really well and it will for you, too, IF you have a plan. We had a plan and we did veer from it every now and then, but it kept us moving and knowing where to head to next.

This is our 2012 TP for SWW:
Arrived 7:00am (one couple in front of us; kids stepped back to watch Stormtroopers on the roof)
Me and Kiddos - Speed walk to Jedi Training, got 9:15am
" " - Rode Star Tours while waiting for DH (it's now 8:07am)
DH - FP for TSMM
Rode Star Tours (x2)
FP for TSMM (11:30-12:30 return time)
Rode FP TSMM
Head over to Jedi Training (15 min. early)
Rode Star Tours
9:15am Jedi Training (no particular order for picking who fights who. DD8 fought Vader and about froze (lol) DS7 fought Darth Maul) received certificate
Rode Star Tours (15 min. wait)
10:15am Watched Indiana Jones Stunt Show
Meet Luke Skywalker (who sent them on mission) and Stormtrooper
11:00am Watched Lights, Motor, Action
DH and Kiddos - Rode FP TSMM
Me - FP Rock-n-Roller Coaster
12:20pm Find parade spot while DH/Kiddos on TSMM
(I did not get on Hollywood Blvd. It was packed and HOT! Looking at the hat, we were off the parade route to the left in front of the little gray cart. Some of the characters walk off to the left, main characters walk to stage and celebrity motorcade veers off in front of us. We saw everyone, so it wasn't a problem not seeing them all on stage!!)
1:20pm ADR for Sci-Fi (great in air conditioning, quiet and calm. I think everyone in there was just tired and glad to be in the dark, relaxing in A/C)
This is where DH and the boys split from me and DD. An hour and 45 minutes to kill before our FP for RNR. Boys decided to character meet. DD wanted to see Little Mermaid.
During the hour and 45 minutes, boys met Boba Fett, Darth Maul, Pig guy
(??lol), Sandpeople of Naboo, Bounty Hunter, Stormtroopers (again), Luke Skywalker (again, they were waiting for Ashoka and switched right when they came up, but he recognized them and told them their mission was complete!)
(FYI, Ashoka, Luke, Commander Cody and Captain Rex rotate)
DD and I met Queen Amidala (20 min. wait)
Watched Little Mermaid (15 min. wait)
Shopped at Star Tours gift shop and boys made their own droids. Wait wasn't long for making the droids; however, them actually making them with so many choices took forever!!)
Rode FP RnR
5:45pm Watched Beauty and the Beast
Took family picture with Photopass in front of hat and headed out!

Note, I had the TP ready to go so we knew where to head and also relax and little and follow the kiddos lead. We did not plan a mid-day break because there was so much to do and the kids were doing fine with the heat. They all carried their own mesh backpacks with their Sharpie, book, water bottle and five snacks. I carried my backpack with first-aid kit, wipes, santizer, panchos, small wallet, snacks and water bottle; camera in seperate small bag. DH carried a soft-sided cooler with 7 water bottles. Everyone did great. We weren't planning on staying for Hoopla because I knew they would be exhausted. If I felt they could have kept going, we planned on dinner at Backlot Express, rest in the Animation Building and then line up for Hoopla.

Looking forward to tweaking 2013's TP!! Hope this helps....The Dissers really helped my planning.

ec
Old 10-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #89
Jubilee
<3 my kids

We're always in for SWW, except this year we'll be dressing up for the first time, as we did for Celebration VI.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #90
CentralFloridian99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
We're always in for SWW, except this year we'll be dressing up for the first time, as we did for Celebration VI.
I'm still deciding to dress up or not.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: