Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #91
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Registering looked so much fun! I'm glad you got to use the gun, since usually the guys hog it! I facebook stalked your engagment pictures by Regina and they were all amazing! I love how they were casual but still looked very classic and beautiful. DF's sister-in-law is an amateur photographer, but she takes some really great shots. She offered to do our engagement pictures whenever we want to, and the best part is she is free!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #92
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

okay so i have been away for a while, partially because I dont have any big updates and also because I have been super busy with school.

In regards to the wedding, it has sort of been on hold for the past several weeks because we have most of the major things booked and almost paid for with the exception of an officiant. so it's really just the little DIY projects I need to get started on, but I feel like it's not something I need to rush to do just yet. we also just moved last week and now we have thanksgiving coming up soon, so I'm not really focusing on wedding stuff until afterwards, which is also when I will have a break from school for about a month.

I can't believe that we are just under 8 months away from the wedding. I remember when I first started speaking with Erin at Just Marry about reserving our date and now it has already been almost 5 months since we paid our deposit!

What has everyone else been up to?
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #93
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
Registering looked so much fun! I'm glad you got to use the gun, since usually the guys hog it! I facebook stalked your engagment pictures by Regina and they were all amazing! I love how they were casual but still looked very classic and beautiful. DF's sister-in-law is an amateur photographer, but she takes some really great shots. She offered to do our engagement pictures whenever we want to, and the best part is she is free!
DF didn't actually want to use the gun, so I snatched it and started scanning everything that looked cool lol
I am obsessed with the engagement pics! I can't wait to see what the pics from our wedding will look like!
That's awesome that she will do your engagement pictures and do them free of charge! One less thing to fit into the budget! Will you also use her for your wedding pics?
Old 11-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #94
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

My, you have been busy! School, registering, the issue with your dad, moving and you're 8 months out. Time is going to go fast, but it seems like you have a lot done already.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #95
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

New Wedding Updates

Hey everyone!
I am sorry I have been away for quite some time but I really didnt have any wedding updates because the wedding had been on the backburner these last 6 or so weeks, because grad school is kicking my behind!!
Luckily, today was the last official day of school for the semester so I am starting to get into the groove of wedding planning again since school doesnt resume until January. (so glad to already be half way done )

Anyway, I also decided that I needed to post a few updates that have, literally, happened within the last 48 hours.

1. I have been on the search for an officiant as well as for floral for quite some time. After reading many reviews and asking on the disbride FB group and just by reading through some planning journals, I decided to contact Rev. Kevin Knox and officially booked his services today!! Also, we received a discount because our wedding is not on a Saturday or Sunday and it's in the morning!

2. As DF and I are postponing the honeymoon until December, we just booked a studio at Old Key West from Thursday (7/4) to Monday (7/8), as our Wedding is that Friday and I didn't want to take too much time off and rather wanted to save it for later on in the year when we actually go travel. Well, today our booking window opened for non-home resorts (for those of you familiar with DVC) for that time period and I saw that deluxe accomodations at Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary were available. Since I was at work, I quickly texted DF to see if he wanted to switch our reservation and he was all for it. As it wasn't available for our entire stay, I split our stay between two resorts and added two extra days.
So now we are staying at Saratoga Springs From Thursday to Sunday and we are staying at Bay Lake from Sunday to Wednesday!!!
Neither of us have ever stayed at the Contemporary so I am super excited that we were able to get a room, as they are usually already booked when we have time off.

3. About 10 days ago or so I was on Shutterfly and saw that you can make photobooks and I wanted to make one of our engagement pictures anyway. When I went to make our photobook, I noticed that you can actually make a photo guest book... so i did! It took me about 1.5 hours to make but they let you customize the whole thing and it came in the mail on Wednesday. It was 50% off and I got free shipping so I think It came out to be about $30 or so, but it is 12x12 and really good quality.

4. So I have been stressing out for quite some time because I want to make sure I have enough time off for the wedding because we only get a certain number of days off per year and when those run out then you are pretty much screwed and mine don't renew again until September of next year, which means that any time off I have available to me now, I have been trying to not use because I want to save it for our wedding. Long story short, I had to use some of my time off for things that I really didnt plan for so, right now, I dont have as much time off left as I would have liked to have. I work for a really small company (15 employees total including the owners) so we all pretty much know each other on a personal level and when i went into the company owner's office to talk to her about something completely unrelated she told me that she wanted to give me an early wedding present. I just looked at her and she said that, on behalf of the company, they wanted to give me an extra 7 days of paid vacation to use for our wedding because she doenst want me to stress out about not having enough time or not being paid etc. I. Was. Shocked. I did ask her if she was joking and she said no so I guess it was a pretty good Friday for me today

My bridesmaid, Sarah, and I will be going to check out bridesmaids dresses over the next few weeks since I really havent seen anything i LOVED online.

I also emailed my sister (who lives in Germany) to ask her if she has figured out if she and the rest of the family are coming and if not, to let me know when she will know. The reason being that I just need to make some decisions as far as floral for the bridal party is concerned, dresses, guest count, etc and she has really been kinda MIA. Well, we'll see what happens, I guess.

Other than that, next up on my list of wedding things to do are picking someone for flowers (if at all) and then I have been going back and forth on a DJ for our reception. DF's family isnt really the dancing type but my entire side is.
Also, after reading another brides PJ, we really want to host a mini-event at Animal Kingdom where we have breakfast at Tamu Tamu Courtyard and then have all of our guests ride the Safari ride there because it's one of our favorite rides and most of our guests have never been on it. We were thinking of doing this for the entire wedding party so that we can cut cost a little bit and also just do something special for them to share in the Disney magic. I emailed Disney Catered events but havent heard back yet. If nothing by next week then I will give them a call.

Well, that's all I have for tonight!
Thanks for still reading along!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #96
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Yay, you updated!! I have read so many good reviews of Kevin Knox and his wife. I have cruelly places him at the top of my list. It spuds like he does an amazing job and does the best he can to make your day special.
Your bosses sound so cool! I can't believe they would give you additional time. I would be giving them a big gift lol.
I agree when I read about Tamu Tamu I was intrigued. If I have extra money I was going to do a DP, but it seems like money would be better placed for something like that.
Hope your sister can come. Can't wait to see the BM dresses. I hope you're loving your new apartment.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #97
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

**Seriously placed him and **sounds like. I have to stop updating on my iPhone. Damn autocorrect!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #98
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Sisterly drama... and flower update

Ok so, as posted before, I really wasnt sure if my sister is coming or not. Well, she's not.
I am actually not as sad about it as I thought I would be because I feel like I already saw this coming so I have had time to process it before she confirmed it
Well anyway, although I am not sad about that part, I am pretty irritated at her in general. Reason being, I sent her an email (our usual form of communication, since she lives oversees) last week just asking her how she and the kids are doing, if anything new happened and then i asked her if she knew if she or all of them (she has 3 kids and a hubby) could make it and, if she doesn't know yet, when she could let me know. I was not confronting her in any way to make her feel like she is being put under pressure, but I did say that I needed to know soon because I, otherwise, don't know how to proceed as far as bridesmaid dresses, flowers, line-up of bridal party on wedding day, etc. is concerned, since she is to be my maid of honor.
Well, I got nothing! What did happen is that my mom and her talked over the phone and my mom asked her if she was coming and she just said no. My mom told me she was very short with her, which doesnt surprise me because any time my wedding is brought up she just shuts down. Well anyhow, this was 2 days ago. I assumed my sister would have emailed me back after telling my mom she isnt coming, but I have yet to get a response. I just feel like its sorta crappy to tell my mom, but you dont actually tell the person who initially asked you.
My mom said that she is probably assuming that she would tell me, but I told my mom I am going to pretend like I don't know and see what happens. I need to call my sister tomorrow anyway (my little nephews birthday), so we will see if she brings it up. If she doesn't, I won't either since I don't think its great timing to discuss it. I will then probably give her another couple of days before I confront her about why she hasn't replied and see what happens.

She just really irritates me! (sorry, had to get that out).
Another reason why DF and I are both sorta mad about this also is because our wedding date was picked for 7.5.13, partially, because of her. I had been going back and forth with her for months in regards to a wedding date because I really wanted her there and she said that she can't come when the kids are in school so it needs to be during some sort of holiday or break because if they are going to come all the way over here, they want to stay a couple of weeks, which I completely understood. Finally, 7.5.13 came up and she said this would work because the kids are on summer break and its just a great time to come to Florida for vacay, etc.
Well, and now she isn't coming at all. My mom asked her why but she just said that "sometimes things don't happen the way you want them to". Not sure what that means or if I really wanna know lol.

In good news, however, I finished all of my xmas cards and will be sending them out tomorrow!

I also picked a bouquet, bridesmaid bouquets and boutonnieres for the guys.

That will be my bouquet and the one's for the bridesmaids will be the same, just smaller and the boutonnieres will be either ivory or a violet colored rose.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #99
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!
I seriously have a Disney addiction

Love the guestbook! I think I'm going to make one too, if we ever get to go to Disney for our engagement shoot! I also have been toying with the idea of tamu tamu + safari mix in. Disbrides are so bad about feeding off of each other! I'm sorry about your sister, but hang in there!
celerystalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:31 PM   #100
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry that your sister can't make it! I understand how you feel about not hearing it from her. I hate when people tell you bad news via other people! Maybe she is trying to find a way to break it to you?
I love love love the flowers. I really like all of the greenery in them. The purples are really nice too.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:08 AM   #101
MickeysStarTrader
I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my squishy

Ugh, tell me about it! I'm in my senior year of my bachelor's degree and have grad school to look forward to in 2014. I feel you! You are going to LOVE Bay Lake Tower!! What an amazing wedding gift from your company, I don't think it could get better than paid time off! I love your guestbook, it's so cute! I think you got a great deal on it. You mentioned going back and forth on a DJ, have you come to a decision on that? I had an idea, but might be totally unhelpful. Could you hire a band of some description instead of a DJ? That way you'd have entertainment and I guess if people wanted to get up and dance they could, but because it's a band and not a DJ, if people didn't want to dance they could just sit back and enjoy the music without feeling awkward? Just an idea. Breakfast at Tamu Tamu with a Kilimanjaro Safari mix-in sounds AWESOME! Did you hear back from Disney yet? That's awesome that you picked your floral! I got mine organized recently.

I'm sorry about the drama with your sister maybe she feels guilty because she has to tell you she can't go and she knows how much you planned the wedding around her. Maybe that's why she hasn't said anything but she could have told your mom thinking your mom would tell you so she wouldn't have to? I've had similar drama in my family, people saying things regarding the wedding behind my back and even family members asking me to change the date and time of my wedding to suit them better! At the end of the day, you're marrying Sean so it will be amazing and you won't be thinking about anything/anyone else
MickeysStarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #102
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Love the guest book and the flowers! So pretty!

Sorry to hear about your sister. I'm sure she just doesn't want to disappoint you, but trying to avoid telling you isn't the best thing to do. She probably feels bad about having to back out.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #103
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Less than 6 months to go... starting to freak out!

Hi Everyone! I am sorry i havent updated in a little while but I really didnt have anything new to share and then the holidays just kind of took over from there.

Life has finally settled back in now and I am back on my normal schedule of work and school (ugh!). I also started working out again since I have been putting off for way too long!

Basically my day consists of the gym, work, homework, dinner, and then bed. Trying to squeeze in anything wedding related has become quite a challenge, which may explain why it is stressing me out lol.

Anywho, moving on to some wedding updates:

1. I finally confronted my sister and she did say that she wasn't able to make it due to money reasons... I know my sister and her financial situation and I honestly think it's not because the money isn't there but because they just don't want to spend it. This is fine, but I just kind of felt like that wasn't the truth. Also, in the next breath she did say that she just bought herself a new iPad... I'm over it at this point and didn't even get mad. I just said ok and moved on. Honestly, our relationship is back to normal since then. I think I just needed to hear, directly from her, that she wasn't coming instead of her telling others or avoiding me all together.

2. DF and I went to Macy's and registered for the wedding. We already registered at Crate and Barrell but Macy's had so much more stuff and I was going crazy with the little scanner lol. We were now thinking of just doing our Macy's registry if people ask, just because it has pretty much the same items on it as our C&B one and much more household related items. How many different places did you all register at?

3. Since my sister backed out of the wedding, my best friend Sarah (one of my BM's) has kind of taken over the role of maid of honor. She is planning my bachelorette party, which I am quite excited about. It isn't for a while but she said she is already well into the planning stages. I think we will actually have my bachelorette party about a month before the wedding or so, just because of school and the other girls' schedules and it just works out for the best this way. She asked me if there are any "no-no's" as far as the party is concerned and i told her that i don't like anything involving having to go up on a stage, kind of like Magic Mike style

4. We have paid off our remaining balance with Just Marry for our ceremony and I also managed to pay off our photographer and videographer. That means that big things, besides the reception, are out of the way and we can focus on smaller things, such as flowers, BM's dresses, etc.

5. My dress was delivered to Alfred Angelo's a few weeks ago and I was able to go and pick it up!
I put the dress back on and it actually fits perfectly to where I don't even need any alterations, which is a huge money saver!!!

6. My uncle designs mens suits and my dad and DF are going up to see him in Atlanta in March and he will make them custom suits for the wedding. His clothes always look great so I am excited to see what he makes for both of them! Also, being that we don't have to pay for this, it's another big money saver!

Other than that, like I said, I am starting to stress out a little bit because I feel like I am running out of time and still have a ton of stuff to do!
The wedding is now just under 6 months away and I didn't realize, until I made a new list, how many little things still needed to get done.

First off, I am having the worst time trying to find BM dresses. Well, it's not that I can't find any but I don't actually love any of them. Sarah and I went a few weeks ago to take a look and even she said that there were a few that she liked, but when she tried them on they just didn't look that nice. Then I went, by myself, to another bridal store here where they carry more of the designer BM dresses and she told me that if I wanted to order with them, then I need to do it soon because their dresses take about 4 to 5 months to come in!
I am hoping that by the end of the month I will have found something that the girls will also like.

I also have to look into flowers again. I still really like the ones i initially picked but I wanted to see if there was something else and possibly contact a florist directly. Then I gotta get some shoes for myself, DF has to pick out suits for the groomsmen, get invitations, book hair and makeup, make centerpieces for the reception, make programs, look for some aisle decorations, arrange transportation from the ceremony to the reception, pick a cake, linens, menu at Fultons, rehearsal day options, get evening attire (we are all heading to Epcot and will have dinner at Biergarten), get jewelry, bridal party gifts, make welcome bags, get a box for the wine box ceremony, write vows, purchase rings, consider music options, seating chart, table names, and so on... It was stressing me out just writing it all down and I am sure I forgot something.

I know I mentioned above that we need to look at rehearsal day options and I think we are just going to go with what DF and I initially discussed. There is a really nice park here in the area about 25 minutes away from Disney or so and we will rent one of the indoor/outdoor pavilions there the day before the wedding and then have BBQ catered and just have everyone come out there, enjoy the day, eat, mingle, ask any last minute questions, etc. It's the most economical thing to do and I am sure that everyone will want to do something since its a holiday.

That's all I have for now!
Thanks for still following along!!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #104
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

I'm glad that you got a straight answer from your sister. I'm sorry she can't come but that's awesome that your friend has stepped up for you. As far as BM dresses, I have read a lot of good things about Bari Jay. Have you looked into them? I sure the guys will look great I the suits your uncle gets for them.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #105
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
I'm glad that you got a straight answer from your sister. I'm sorry she can't come but that's awesome that your friend has stepped up for you. As far as BM dresses, I have read a lot of good things about Bari Jay. Have you looked into them? I sure the guys will look great I the suits your uncle gets for them.
I have not looked into them... until just now!
I already saw three dresses that I am loving!!! Thanks so much for the tip! i was gonna go to bed but now I need to keep browsing first!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: