Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #76
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Revised Wedding Day schedule and vendors

Hi Everyone!
So i wanted to give an update in regards to our wedding weekend and wedding day schedule, as the one that I initially had is completely out the window
Also, we made our deposit today for our reception venue, so I am ecstatic!

Thursday (7/4/13)
12:00 pm - We will rent a gazebo or something like that at a local park here in Orlando and anyone who is already in town and wants to attend can come on down to enjoy some BBQ and relax and get to know each other. I figured this will serve as my "rehearsal day".

8:30 pm - Afterwards I was thinking of maybe renting a carriage at Ft. Wilderness for an hour so we can enjoy some 4th of July fireworks with out wedding party/immediate family.

Friday (7/5/13)
11:00 am - Wedding ceremony at the Swan
12:30 pm - 3:30 pm - Lunch reception at Fulton's Crab House
6:00ish pm - head to Epcot with anyone still around, maybe drink around the world, as we are not doing an open bar at our reception.
9:00ish pm - head to ADH to dance into our happily ever after

Saturday (7/6/13)
10:00 am - Breakfast with anyone staying at Disney or is close by and wants to come down followed by a day in one of the parks, maybe do a scavenger hunt.

Saturday night onward I am trying to have it be just DF and I to begin our Disneymoon

Also, I kind of got into an argument with my dad in regards to some people he still wanted me to invite. I had to put my foot down and finally say that I am not inviting people that I do not really know only because he feels as though it would be polite.
DF and I initially wanted an intimate wedding of maybe 30 people or so, but then both of our families decided that we also need to invite X, Y, and Z. Now our guest list is at 82 people and we are estimating that about 50 - 60 will come, but are hoping for 50 lol.

As we just made our deposit for Fulton's Crab House today for our reception, DF and I now need to work on a menu for our guests. They have some standard ones but I know that we want to take off the dessert part of the menus and maybe have some other entree options.
I will keep you guys posted!

Anywho, that's all I had today!
I'll be back soon!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #77
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Ooh I love the idea of meeting at a park the day before! I have never seen that done before and it would be a great casual get to know you say. Fulton's is one of my favorite places in DD so your food at your reception is going to be so good I also really like the idea of Drinking Around the World after the wedding instead of having a bar at the reception. I might have to steal that idea! Thank you again so much for the pins
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #78
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!
I seriously have a Disney addiction

Your dress is absolutely amazing!!!!
When I saw the price tag,I just about fainted! I can't believe it was so little and SOOOOO exquisite!!!
It looks awesome on you!

What did you all decide on cake? Are you still leaning towards push pops?
My friend Julie does push pops and cake pops and I absolutely adore her wedding cakes made of cake pops - they are incredible!
But DF wants REAL cake. Which makes me sad, but since the Swan wants to charge $5 per person to serve cake pops, I'm secretly glad we'll be saving some money.
Maybe.
I have yet to see the prices the swan has for cakes.
Check out her facebook page for inspiration (party pops by julie)! She's coming to my wedding and her daughter is my flower girl - and I can't have an event without cake pops! My friends would freak! So think they'll be part of the welcome bags.
celerystalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #79
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

LOVE your dress!! It looks gorgeous on you and the smile on your face shows exactly why it's THE dress!

Your engagement shots preview looks great as well.
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #80
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
Ooh I love the idea of meeting at a park the day before! I have never seen that done before and it would be a great casual get to know you say. Fulton's is one of my favorite places in DD so your food at your reception is going to be so good I also really like the idea of Drinking Around the World after the wedding instead of having a bar at the reception. I might have to steal that idea! Thank you again so much for the pins
We decided on the whole park thing since we live close by and it was a (cheaper) alternative to some sort of a dinner, etc.
We are still going back about the Drinking around the world thing, but I'm hoping we can somehow make it!
You're very welcome with the pins. I hope you got them already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
Your dress is absolutely amazing!!!!
When I saw the price tag,I just about fainted! I can't believe it was so little and SOOOOO exquisite!!!
It looks awesome on you!

What did you all decide on cake? Are you still leaning towards push pops?
My friend Julie does push pops and cake pops and I absolutely adore her wedding cakes made of cake pops - they are incredible!
But DF wants REAL cake. Which makes me sad, but since the Swan wants to charge $5 per person to serve cake pops, I'm secretly glad we'll be saving some money.
Maybe.
I have yet to see the prices the swan has for cakes.
Check out her facebook page for inspiration (party pops by julie)! She's coming to my wedding and her daughter is my flower girl - and I can't have an event without cake pops! My friends would freak! So think they'll be part of the welcome bags.
I LOVE CAKE POPS! i actually bake myself (not as much as I used to) and I love making cake pops. We havent quite decided if we are going to stick with those, as I think we are now leaning more towards a cupcake tower of some sort. Yeah, the Swan was pretty pricey as far as cake was concerned, but they did tell me that they would waive the fee if we use cupcakes. I never even looked at the Swan's cakes because I already know the bakery that I will be using, as I have been going to them for custom cakes/cupcakes for a couple of years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndsayJ View Post
LOVE your dress!! It looks gorgeous on you and the smile on your face shows exactly why it's THE dress!

Your engagement shots preview looks great as well.
Thank you! It is definitely the one. I never really thought that I would find a dress that I would, literally, LOVE, but I did. I can't wait to try it on again early next year when it gets shipped to the store!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #81
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Engagement Pics are here!!!

So I wanted to post a quick update.. our engagement pics came in the mail today. Regina sent us a disc of the slideshow and another disc of all of the pictures she took (141 pics in total).

I wanted to post some of my favorites for anyone who is interested:

Old 10-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #82
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

AHH! Shana!! Your e-pics are just GORGEOUS!! I love love love them!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #83
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Aww, I love your e-pics! Looks like you had fun! And I love the dress you picked....you look fabulous!
Old 10-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #84
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!

They look great!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #85
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Love, love, love the engagement pictures! Regina did a fabulous job! I really like the one in front of the Yacht Club Gazebo. Yes, I did get the pins! They were my first official wedding item!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #86
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Exploding guest list and other bits and pieces

Okay so I don't have any big updates at this time but I did have one major problem that needed to be addressed asap.

Okay so DF and I wanted a "small" wedding, roughly 30 people or so when we were going to go with a DFTW (due to cost). When we moved over to the Swan, we had an unlimited guest count so we decided to invite some more of our co-workers and other friends. At this time we were thinking about 60 people to invite and about 45 would show.

When I was speaking to my parents, my dad suddenly told me I needed to invite all of these other family members (mostly from his side). I didn't invite them before because we don't really see them often or talk to them often, but when we do see them it's like we see each other every weekend. So then I agreed to invite all of them as well, then DF invited some other friends of his as well.
Over the next couple of weeks my dad, in particular, kept naming people I still needed to invite. I told him no multiple times, but to keep the peace I did agree to it.

Problem was: our guest list had now exploded to 88 people (50 of which are definite yes's)... the bigger problem was that Fulton's only holds a max of 80 people in the private room. Of those 88 people I know that 4 will not show, for a fact. They are my grandparents and friends from Germany and they have stated that they are not coming and to not count them. Well, that still leaves 4 people that we are over. On our guest list, I was still missing 2 addresses to send our save the dates to, equaling 4 people. i called my dad, explained the situation, and told him I can't invite them. I was expecting him to be upset and what not, but he was kind of quiet and just said ok. I didn't push it any further so now we are at 80 people even, including us. We still have plenty of MAYBE's but I didn't want to leave all 88 people on the guest list anticipating that some of the maybe's won't show but then they do. That's a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders!

Other than that, we really haven't done that much wedding related stuff. I am working on a guest book using our engagement pics on shutterfly (currently on sale).

Right now we are in the process of packing, as we are moving in 2 weeks, another 2 weeks later is Thanksgiving, then DF's birthday, Xmas, and then new years. I think we aren't really going to be having much going on until after the holidays, which is also when my dress will come in!

Thanks everyone for still reading along!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #87
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Ugh...I'm glad you finally got the guest list to stop growing! Hopefully, I won't have that issue...I can just wave the contract that says 18 guests plus bride and groom since we're going the escape route. Where did you get your STDs from?
Old 10-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #88
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
Ugh...I'm glad you finally got the guest list to stop growing! Hopefully, I won't have that issue...I can just wave the contract that says 18 guests plus bride and groom since we're going the escape route. Where did you get your STDs from?
Oh my gosh this guest list thing was a disaster lol! I am so glad we now have it under control. I told my dad that i don't care who he thinks of now, they are not invited lol.

When we first started planning we wanted to do the wishes but then added everything up and it was a little too pricey. so then we were thinking of the escape package but there was no way, even with immediate family, that we were able to get the guest list down to 18, which is when i found the swan.

i had wendy from ever after printables design them. I remember seeing a similar design a long time ago that she had made, but she moved away from etsy so I contacted her directly to see if she can make those for us with the colors i wanted. she was awesome and extremely quick.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:47 AM   #89
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!

My thoughts - if it's taken your dad this long to think of them, they aren't that close and don't need to be invited!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #90
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Wedding Registry Party

Happy Sunday everyone!!!

So DF and I had been wrestling with the idea of going more of the traditional route with a normal wedding registry or doing a honeymoon registry, which seems to be all the rage nowadays.
We decided that we would go more of the traditional route, as we are not planning on going on a real honeymoon until xmas next year (about 5 months after our wedding) due to our schedules. We are staying at Disney for 5 or so days during our wedding but because I am going back to school, I only have certain weeks off and DF works for the university here and whenever I have time off, he has to be at work. This way we decided to go on our late honeymoon in December, so we don't have to stress over anything. Where we are going is still a mystery. We want to go somewhere where there is a Disneyland Resort.
If we can save enough, it will be Tokyo. If we cannot save that much, it is looking more like Disneyland Paris. If we come up with something else between now and next year then we will do that lol.

Anyway, back to my registry story. Coincidentally, Crate & Barrel was having a Wedding Registry Party from 9 - 11am today, so we decided to go and register there (we are also going to register at Target and maybe Bed Bath & Beyond).

What's interesting about the Registry party, for those of you who have not gone or don't know what it is, it is a time when the store is only open for couples who are registering. They equip you with a scanner, do a short walkthrough of where items are located in the store and then send you on your way.
It was awesome to have the store to ourselves... well... almost. I think there were only a total of 5 couples or so at the store. We could walk around and scan whatever we wanted to put on our registry and if we needed help there was a sales associate right around the corner. I guess what I loved the most here was that there was not someone following us around, waiting to pounce to tell us to register for a certain item. They really left us alone and only came over when we looked like or asked for help. They also had a few vendors there to explain and sample their products. The store also had a table set up with water, coffee, orange juice and pastries to eat as you registered.

DF let me use the scanner, which I was super excited about. He lifted the item, I scanned.
We were there for about 90 minutes. They then had us register in the system and sent us off with a gift bag. This had a copy of our registry, a couple of booklets for products and a gift from Crate and Barrel, which was a vase.

Overall, it was nice to not have to wrestle with everyone else and trying to register, but rather grab a glass of OJ, walk around, and scan in peace. It was a lot of fun and DF even asked when we can register at the next store lol.

Other than that we have just been packing up our entire place, as we are moving soon. I have also had to put in overtime when it comes to homework, as it is getting towards the end of the semester meaning research papers and exams are on the list of things to do lol.
Oh, and next weekend we are headed to the Magic Kingdom for the Fantasyland preview!!!! YAY

That's all I have for tonight everyone!
Thanks for still following along!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: